(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Yeah, keyword is to let go. As the kid grows, the more we hv to learn to let go and the less we will control. Not easy ar.

Comparing my mum n my mil, my mum did a gd job to let go. Mil till now still can't do it. Even what her two sons eat still wanna control. Only make herself tired and unhappy when she lose control. But she still doesn't learn any lesson after so many disappointments. Slowly slowly we hv to learn to relax the rules n let go if it's beyond our control.

Following closely with babycenter, our kids r learning to gain independence, more challenges to come.

Can start with PG and eventually, he will tell you he want to stay longer in school to play. Haha..

It's good to have some free time to breathe when they are in school.

did u all watch the video of the poor little 2yr old china girl, got knocked down by a van, ran over her, and then another truck ran over again..so heart wrenching!! i couldnt believe that scene..pple passed by her, and no one help! i felt so heart pain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif](

life is so DIRT CHEAP in China that pple can just kill anyone with just a snap on their fingers.. cruel cruel cruel..

SunFl@wer, I watched, I cried and heart feel super painful. So heartpain seeing a little girl been treated in such a way.

My hubby say he is very glad to have make the decision not to bring my boy to Guangzhou and HK with us next week. That incident happened in Guangzhou leh.

tricia,

yeah, i watched that... people can just walk pass without even extend a helping hand for the lil gal.. but i also wonder where the hell did the parents or the mother go, how can they just let the gal wander around??? my heart felt so painful when seeing the lil gal lying there helplessly n the passerbys just walked n go.. so sorry to say this but i really dont have good impression of all these MICs, be it here or in china!

I read the news yesterday, by reading just feel tat those ppl is real inhuman. By watch the video just now I only feel like crying n can't help myself to curse those ppl go to die. Poor little girl. I hope she dun need to suffer anymore.

Mummies

How many hours does ur child sleep in a day now? Mine sleeps a total of 12 to 13 hrs a day but teacher feedback tt he is v sleepy in the morning. But on weekends he isn't sleepy. I want him to sleep he also dun want.

China little girl

Dun dare to watch. Those passerby r neither human nor animals. Human has conscience and animal also hv compassion. These passerby hv none.

sunflower,

these people are really inhuman and heartless. i was so traumatised by this video. i could not believe these people can treat a helpless girl dying on the road. worst of all, i could not believe her mummy just carry her like that and she look so jelly. my god.

rachel,

my gal seem to sleep about 12 to 13 hours a day. but she can be very sleepy/lethargic in morning. i also not sure if she is tired due to her fever last week.

ya i expected too cos dr already says she cant pass thru..haiz.. they are sicko.. actually thats the habit over there..once they knock onto someone, they would rather make that person die so that they only pay fine for the 'accidents'..cos if the person dont die, when goes to court, they have to pay for the hospitalisation fee, the disability expenses for the person for years..all these they cant pay, so they rather make the person die and pay the fine which is minimal.. this type of habit has became very common in that country and i think the govt is looking into this..

Some guy said this:

“Would you be willing to throw your entire family’s savings into the endless whirlpool of accident compensation? Aren’t you afraid of being put into jail as the perpetrator? Have you ever considered that your whole family could lose happiness only because you wanted to be a great soul?” he wrote.

I would v much like to know what he would say if his own child is in a similar situation.

Some guy said this:

“Would you be willing to throw your entire family’s savings into the endless whirlpool of accident compensation? Aren’t you afraid of being put into jail as the perpetrator? Have you ever considered that your whole family could lose happiness only because you wanted to be a great soul?” he wrote.

I would v much like to know what he would say if his own child is in a similar situation.

If their intention is to make the person die then they shd b charged as murder. These people shd all be charged for 1st n 2nd degree murder.

I tot that girl aldy passed away. Cos yesterday after seeing the scene on TV news, I'm so traumatised that I did not listen to the end of that news. I asked my hubby, he say passed away liao. She is so jelly because all her bones are crashed. Heartpain! I hav decided to listen to hubby and not bring my boy to GZ and HK next week too after seeing this.

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.

There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

Should make all those stupid n heartless beast to experience the same suffering as per the little girl. Simply jail them or fine them or even sentence them to dead is too lenient for them.

Something to share. Extract frm babycenter

You may not know from one minute to the next how your 13-month-old will behave. Playgroups can be especially trying. Your toddler seems thrilled to see a friend, only to knock him down trying to get the toy he's holding. Or he may give that friend a hug before suddenly biting or hitting him. The simple explanation for this kind of behavior is that at 13 months, children don't see their playmates as people with feelings — they are simply objects to explore.

At this age, many toddlers begin to behave unpredictably. Yours may scream at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason, pull the tablecloth (and all the dishes on it) to the floor, or yank the dog's tail despite your firmly telling him not to. Though this may be a trying time for you, remember that your toddler isn't deliberately disobeying you — he's just exploring his surroundings and figuring out how much power he has over you, his environment, and himself. Many of these "destructive" practices will actually help him develop a sense of independence and figure out which types of behavior are acceptable to you and which aren't.

Morning all!

Was in town yday trying to hunt for pediped shoes to try on. Sadly to say, range very limited.

Taka dun even carry Pediped for boys. Mothercare has very pathetic range. Metro has few only. Isetan do not have it. so now wondering to buy online to try?

Clarks is not bad but the sole is really thick and pricing not attractive.

morning,

long time nvr post here. just come in see see to kip myself updated.

bak,

u can try to buy those open toes sandal online. meaty feet hard to find coz cannot try. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Sheric,

I have skr sandals. Was hoping to get covered ones so that we dun get dusty feet when we travel.

I also dunno why my boy got meaty feet so he considered avg size only..

baka, where u bring your boy? Haiz, feel so bad leh. Promised to bring my boy to HK and now can't bring him liao. Don knw how will he feel when he see both parents going holiday and he staying at my MIL hse.

Good morning mummies!

Coming up baby expo @ Hall 5B 21Oct to 23Oct.

Any idea what stall will be there??

Im so tired...

JL teething starts again and very grouchy esp during sleep time.

I wake up dun noe how many times to coax him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bak

isetan do not have pediped. I saw some in taka before, now no more? Anyway, u can just try out the size, i think for sneakers, girl/boy same same.

anyone getting the harness? Think i need it, my boy insists on walking on his own outside. Sometimes really too fast for me to run after him. When he runs, he will bump into walking people.

Do they have those retractable kind like my dog's leash? hahaha

Rachel, I bought one. Its like a mini backpack with a strap behind the bag to pull like dog leash. Wanting to bring for the trip cos really worried abt kidnaps but now no need liao. I bought from a china website. Less than $10.

Rach,

the SA told me the pediped boys not selling well so they only bring in gals designs. I managed to find tristan in metro and size 22 just nice.. and 23 too big so not sure if it's worth buying cos will outgrown fast.

I got the backpack monkey harness but can't use cos my boy either lose his balance when i tighten the leash or he will get angry and sit on the floor. Have to wait till he is older to listen to instructions.

bak

why dun u buy size 23 and put the insole then.

i suspect my boy will reject the harness also but will try to distract him like what i did when he is in his car seat.

Good morning mummies!

I dun use harness. Will keep my girl in stroller or carry her when go out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rachel, my boy love to carry the backpack and walk around. but when we start to pull him to stop him for running far, he will get angry and scream. Don think they like to be controled.

jascmy

i dun think any toddlers like to be restrained. Have to let go sometimes when you find the place is safe for him to run around. If not safe, the use lor, if still scream, then no choice have to carry liao.

n_g

my boy doesn't like to be in stroller and when i carry him, he will struggle to get down (he will straighten his legs and arch backwards to slip off your arms). It's almost impossible to carry him properly. Somemore he is so heavy now.

Rachel,

My girl c only we took key know we r going out, she will happily run to her stroller, waiting for us to put her in n wear her shoe for her. She will b happy whenever in stroller cos stroller = go out gai gai. When she bored in stroller n start to struggle, we will try to push her ard to c new things then most of the time she will b ok liao. =)

Haiz, ifc called again. Now cos my boy's butt super red. Nappy rash. Apply desitin both in sch and at home still does not work. Have to brinig him see doc liao. Maybe cos we apply desitin everyday till he skin no reaction to it liao. Maybe will try the purple desitin too.

Jascmy,

My pd gave this mild steriod cream, Daktacort which works wonders. Just 1-2 light application and the rash went away. But you have to ask the school why the sudden rash, did they not wash the area properly?

Baka, last nite and tis morning happened to be my hubby who change my boy. He say his butt aldy red but not that serious. Don knw why suddenly become so serious in school. I did ask the teachers y they say don knw. Teacher say she also shocked to see the butt so red like sun burn.

Can we get the cream from outside? I think wil bring him to see doc tis evening since he cough for quite some time liao and not fully recover yet. Thanks.

Jascmy,

Keep to avoid use cream with steroid unless necessary cos skin will become thin after apply steroid. Try to change diaper more frequently n use water to wash everytime when change diaper, pat dry with towel, n apply thin layer of diaper cream. My girl had very bad rashes till bleed when she Lao sai few weeks back. Beside wash, dry n put diaper cream more frequently, my hubby even air dry my girl butt (use mouth to blow air lah) n leave 1-2 minutes before put on clean diaper. N we removed her diaper (no diaper at all) when she having afternoon nap n after she poo poo.

Oh ya, dun let your boy butt soak in pee pee n poo poo cos pee pee n poo poo will worsen the rash n irritate their skin. Very discomfort. We use ard 2 big pack of diaper on my girl during tat few days when she got bad rashes.

anyone have any idea how to coax them when they are crying in the middle of the night with eyes close?? I suspect is teething.. I gave him pacifier and its already in his mouth but still crying away...

Ng,

In ifc, there is no way they will air the butt and wash every change. so, the only thing to do is put medication and change the diaper more frequently.

Jascmy,

I think you should go see doc and ask for medication. Maybe they will have non steroid treatment.

Check the communication booklet and see how frequently they change the diaper? It's probably sitting on the poo for too long. Get them to change ever 2 hrs and monitor for poo more frequently.

Cheese,

I think they are having bad dreams. I would wake my boy up and stroke/pat his back and speak to him softly not to be scared and said it's ok..

Back