(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

rachel,

currently i dun bring my girl home everyday as we don't stay near my mum's place. so it is impossible.

susan,

you are right. anyway it's my sil's business but i pray hard she have #3 lor... haha! so that she won't snatch mine. whether to have boy or girl, it's really his son's production. i always say that in front of my mil. haha.

sunflower,

toys are always spoilt by my sil's kids. imagine my 2 sils come to my house with 5 kids. i just bought a new book with cd player just for a week. once they come, it came off from the book. i was very pissed. second time, i kept all the toys, they manage to take out and play. the next day i scold my hubby upside down. next time i will keep in the bedroom so that they won't go in since i got safety gate that block their way to our bedroom.

bakaholic,

you are right. she will just look at the boys instead of girls. you can see how biased she was. she also like baby to be big size. unfortunately my girl was not because her gene follow daddy.

if i were to top up, i think half of my pay will be gone. you can imagine how painful i was to ask more money from my husband. i had been persuading him to sell off the house since our house is valuable now.

Susan, same. My boy also flip everywhere on my bed. I have to use a pillow to protect my tummy leh cos he will kick on my face, body and even tummy loh. But at least he is not crying and wiling to lie down. If put him back to playpen before he sleep, he will cry and stand up again.

a joke is that if my hubby is very busy, my mil will complain why he never call her. she will complain to his bro and he has to call my hubby to update her. childish leh.

serene,

dont stress yourself too much if u want #2, whether gal or boy, as long as they are healthy n well, nothing beats that le..

jascmy,

ya ya, u need to use pillow to protect your tummy cuz now they will anyhow kick in all directions de.. my boy also same.. he will either kick or slap on us... his daddy kena many times of his slapping le.. hahaha.. i kena his head butt on my nose, cheeks, damn painful lor..

Cheekrene,

can sell off and buy EC if you prefer to have facilities. otherwise, got bto now.

How come your sils never supervisise their kids playing? I would be very upset if my kid spoilts someone's else toys and would replace it.

Next time, you should jokingly tell them that the toy is fragile, if spoil, they must buy new one..

I would keep the toys in the bedroom or tell your sil that cannot play cos the toys are fragile and the kids are rough. Or just take out those unbreakables ones.

it;s not nice to do that but well, they were not nice to begin with rite?

bakaholic,

facilities does

not matter to me. at that time we find that it is difficult to get hdb so we went to check out on condo. it was within our budget so we just get. we cannot go for bto so got to get 2nd hand instead.

they never bother at all. that is why when they come again, i make it obvious till i kept all the toys except the big toys. my sil ever jealous when she see my girl with many toys. something's wrong with her. anyway they are really not nice to begin with. my 2nd sil always get angry easily. like the whole world had offended her. even my mil cant handle her.

for baby gender, i think no matter how u tell the old folks they also wont listen that its dependent on their sons. So dont bother, im not pressurized at all on the baby gender. The baby is mine, i don't care if they like it or not, I don't give birth for their sake. It's not like its a business transaction here. Only those super rich family where u are greedy to get a big share of the inheritance, then get pressurise. Maybe dil should start asking the mil what do we get if we give birth to a boy. Lol. I'm not surprised next time our DIL may ask us hahah.

cheekrene,

surprisingly my mil is not so particular about gender..in fact she doted my niece more than all other boys. urs is super duper tradition, dont forget she herself is a woman... if im u, i throw ur sil out of the house, and prevent them from coming..

rachel,

i dont believe leh..all toddlers go in, come out lose weight leh..haha .. even if teacher will give, but i think my shy boy just keep quiet.

Sunflower

Ur boy so shy ar? I think mine will cry if u take away his bowl when he didn't hv enuff hahaha. Shd be same in IFC cos teacher days he wants more.

And he didn't lose weight even tho he fell sick often. Think maybe other CCC didn't hv much patience to feed them. Or is it those self feed kids u talking abt?

Lucky my boy is the only grandchild now. No cousins to spoil his toys. But my boy v Chu Ru. I more scared he spoil other people's toy. But surprisingly he never spoil any of his toys yet. Bursting balloons not counted haha.

Sunflower

Maybe ur boy gt used to the teachers then won't keep quiet Liao mah. My boy also choose pple one. Some aunties there he doesn't like will cry n cry when we left him there. If the teachers he like come to bring him in, he waves bye bye to us happily.

I will puting JL in PG for few hours first too see if he can adapt to the surrounding air before looking into CC. Am looking at the place where they are bigger, spacious and with high ceiling rather than the previous one he went. Cos i dun tink that suits him though I like the teachers and venue there.. too bad, his health is more impt.

Cheekrene. Huh...ur MIL wanted a boy? Hai, cant be helped one marz... healthy is more impt!

My MIL nv say much abt gender.. she just say healthy can le..

But my mother is asking me when is my "dragon" coming.. cos my relative is preggy again.. she ask me if my engine had started? LOL... and she hope for a xiao long nu...

i am keen to put my girl to 1/2 day childcare or 2-3hrs playgroup when she is 18months. but didnt plan earlier and when i checked recently all the childcare centres ard my place are full le. can't really find 2-3 hrs playgroup where parents do not have to accompany.

cheekrene: hugs your mil although nv say about gender but guess deep down in their hearts they're always hoping for boy. my mil did the same too, while we showed bb scans to her and tell her it's a boy, she don believe until bb was born de.. like how she asked my sil how come she's carrying a girl?! -_-" god. At least ur mil is willing to look after unlike mine, she will complain and complain, cause she doesn't know how to make milk, but i know my bb won't be in safe hands with her lah. She let him eat basically everything, and she puts into her mouth first before feeding bb X, so disgusting!

Re: IFC or CC

Really hope that I can find a good nanny, have been searching high and low for one but to no avail. visited 6 houses and all are not suitable, sian.

it all depends on which CC loh, some ifc very few infants/children one, like my boy's ifc (only 4 infants). Food wise, don't think they are stingy, but falling sick yes, very often. complicated air flow inside.

btw, today is the last day my boy will be in his current ifc. changing to new one on next wk, applied leave for it cause am afraid he will not adapt to the new one, *prays hard*

*It's Friday!*

sunflower,

not bad leh. mine is super tradition lor. think boy is more impt than girl. i feel like asking why she is not impt but still want her children to stick to her like glue.

penguin,

pai sek. my mil prefer boy more than girl. she said clearly if it is boy, she will take care.

cheese,

that is why i super hate her. super biased.

rachel,

that is my plan. prefer to be near my mum's house. at least my mum is a housewife. not like my mil, take care of her grandson, still want to work at night especially fri. super workaholic and contradicting. sil has not fetch her son yet, she dump to fil and quickly go work. if i let her take care, every night sure ask us to bring home and she can go work.

Cheekrene: huh? ur mum dun wan to look after ur Jovie?

i got no choice. Gen from 3 month go shc till now..

sunflower: hw come ur mil do such a silly act keep all the toys?

my mil opposite, dun wan to look aftr gen.. she wan freedom. while my mum stay too far...

winnie,

my girl is too difficult to handle. always ask this and that. my mum cant tahan her. she said cant do her housework or cooking at all. haiz.

u enrol her in PG liao? i tot normally grandma will :she bu de" them go sch?

Bak; u mention ur boy like to use his head bang at the pillow? i realise gen also did the same thing leh.. duno wat wrong with her... i tink she get too excited..

ya, she is damn biased and did it obviously. cant stand her at all.

my mum think that she got no time to do housework. ask me to send her to cc fast. the problem is how i can get a slot since all the cc are still on waitlist.

cheekrene, or she just mention casually? cos maybe she pek chek then

say that.. if u really put her to CC, she might not bear to...

i just registered my gal at a CC near my office...columbia junior academy at havelock rd....intending to start when she is 20-24 mths...hopefully she wld be fine with it....but must be prepared that she wld fall sick more often in the initial mths...

sunflower, u good lei...can tell off your mil...sometimes feel like telling off my mil too but the son wont be happy if i did that...

serene, ur mil really lor...what's wrong w bb girls? her thinking is still so traditional...most impt is that the bb is healthy lor...u are not obliged to let her take care lor....she has no say in this...bb is yours so u decide what works for the bb and urself...this one u must stand firm...other things still can give and take...cos if u accede to her request, end up u feel miserable when actually u shld be feeling caring and bonding w #2...

Winnie,

last night he started using hands to hit his head. This is new. Told his teacher in ifc to monitor.

Head banging into pillows has been going on for a while. Only happen when he is playing.. so should be ok.

cheekrene: u can send her to PG like a few hours de? then can mum can do housework and cook?

everywhere CC is on waiting list..

i wanna change Gen CC but scare she cannot adapt.. in the end i still choose to stick with her current IFC..

cheese,

haiz, every time i go visit my girl, she complain and complain until i pek chek, not she pek chek. i do suspect its her time mgt as i always took leave to take care of her and yet she did not do what she want. even ask her go see doc when complain her hand pain, she also dun want. that is why i dun understand her ever since my grandfather pass away. she dun feel heartpain when i said send her to cc. only my dad heartpain. haha.

pekkle,

it's like that one. too traditional. she think boy is very impt. maybe she forgot she is a woman. since she is like that, i insisted not to let her take care. she can keep pestering my hubby to let her take care, that is why i am firm with my hubby so that he wont accede to her request.

my mil also asked me to give her a granddaughter. I told her NO. I don't want my daughter to be a G6PD carrier. What i meant is I don't want my daughter to be like her. She also very unlucky. Most people only get 50% chance of passing the deficiency to their children, but hers is 100%. Her children all g6pd babies.

RAchel,

only daughter will kena G6PD? wat if that time ur #1 is a girl, what u will do? then now u not having #2?

pekkle,

my mil's son (hb) also not happy i say her leh hahaha.. so now i try to close eye, dont argue with old pple.. but my mil's daughter like to interfere, that i give no face ..

baka,

talk about banging head onto pillow..wats the position like? my boy will bend head down onto the pillow, butt raised high up the sky..majiam doing somersault.. he so fat, majiam think he slim, later crumsy, i so scare sprain his neck, trying to stop him still can laugh at me..

so now the topics is abt ?

1) PG - yes ... already aim 1 of the PG that his cousin that is attending at Hougang

2) Maid ? Mil ?

cheekrene

its a kind of enzyme defiency and its an inherited condition. Usually passed down to the son by the mother who is a carrier. It only affects boys. Girls are only carriers. So if got G6PD, there are some food cannot eat. Otherwise may lead to temporary/total paralysis or even die. Sulphur is one example. My husband can't go for those sulphur hot spring.

sunflower

if got girl i also love haha, i purposely tell my mil that so that she will stop harassing me. Girl wont be affected by the defiency, but her offsprings will be if they are boys. So if my mil insist to have granddaughters, i told her to ask from her other DIL, since she has no child yet.

btw.. my boy so sticky to me than her mun. Duno why ... so some time when I need to work. I will close the door and left himself with my maid at the living room

sunflower,

same. my girl will bend head down onto the pillow, butt raised high up the sky. i always take the picture of her doing that in my fb. i thought it was normal and just for a sake of fun only.

rachel,

icic.

ahnah,

probably your boy know #2 is on the way so disturb daddy instead. hehe

Rachel,

My maid "gai kiang" she going take his first few month photo and show him and say "Di Di, Mei Mei"

and he scream and cry......

some time when I use iPhone to see what he is doing ... i saw him sleep in that position and I got take his pic and keep in my phone... hahahaha

ahnah,

baby is clever. they know who got key so they will follow who. just like my girl, keep pestering her grandpa and point at the shoes. she also want to follow him out.

Back