(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Mummies who let babies latch on, do you experience let down at the other side of the breast when you feed? I do. And this is very annoying, I already placed a breast shell there but the vol is too much and will overflow, soaking my breast pad and bra. I tried changing the shell halfway during the feed but my ger will get frustrated.

Bakaholic, my ger's cord dropped off at 2 diff times. A big portion dropped off within the 1st week leaving a tiny weeny portion there. I cleaned it with alcohol swab everyday and finally dropped off yesterday (which is 2 and half weeks). I think just keep it dry and clean it should drop off soon.

xuan,

I get nipple pain on the other side when my boy bites my feeding nipple. Then, i start to see 1-2 drops on the nonfeeding side.

I havent experienced so much flow yet though.

Did you use the cord binder for your ger?

bakaholic, mne drop off in 4days during bath. Scared me leh cos I tot CL accidentally make it drop. NOw its nice nice liao. My friend told me her boy's cord drop after 3weeks. She worried full mth its still there but lucky it drop b4 full mth. So its normal lah. Don worry.

Bakaholic, nope I didnt use cord binder.

By the way, anyone tried cutting your baby's nails already? I dun dare to trim her nails but it's so long already. Gotta use cutter for infant?

Xuan, I've cut my boy's nails. Must cut their nails when they are sleeping. Its safer. Also u can buy the Pigeon nail scissors to cut.

white lady, 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jabs is only for 3 mths old onwards right? I will choose 6 in 1 cos there is one less jab for baby to take and 1 less pain. My #1 took 6 in 1 jab but she didn't get fever.

Xuan, my other side also leak badly..so I press on e nipple when I know e letdown feeling is coming.. So far it works for me.. When my gal release e nipple due to fast flow, milk spray out, I also press on e nipple, n e milk flow stopped..I also trim my gal's nails when she was 2 weeks.. Do it when she is sleeping..

White_lady, my elder gal took 6in1.. She got fever only at e 3rd injection.. So I guess it all depends on e babies itself.. 6in1, less 1 jab, less one visit to doc, less one sleepless nite, coz bb develop fever at nite while sleeping, so when my elder gal got injection, I woke up very frequently to check her temp..

Now my gal's nite sleeping pattern more or less can predict Liao.. Cranky from 1130pm to 2+ or 3am.. Then can sleep soundly for 2 hours before another milk feed.. Sianz. Tiring.. She rejects e pacifier leh.. Try to stuff in it her mouth several times but she just split it out.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

♥Mamyvelle♥ : i gave pacifier 2 weeks ago.. bcuz my bb keeps crying for nothing...

ann: what slim suit?

eeyore_03: my waist peaked to 39 inches during pregnancy, 34 after birth and now 30.5, another 3.5 inches to go to pre preg weight, i can squeeze into some pre preg clothes but look super flabby.. not sure where the weight goes to.. i still have 11kg to lose..

White_lady, mvh and all: colic i'm not sure.. i went to see tmc pd (dr ang ai tin) and asked her if my bb has colic, she says every baby have colic -_-" , now looking for another pd.. my bb was super cranky last night, actually recently.. i was sooo frustrated i commented why i give birth to a bb like that.. now feeling so sad.. last night my mum and i digged out a big pi sai from his nose, this morning another big one came out by itself.. so was wondering is it due to block nose he is so cranky? anybody recorded total feed for bb? mine drinks up to 900ml per day, is it normal?

pd0513: thanks for the tips, ohh i realised my mum and sisters put pillows and bolsters surrounding my bb and true enough, he slept well..

bakaholic: when my bb breathes, there's snoring sound, is it due to block nose?

Ann : the nuk teats got S , M , L for 0-6mths

any idea wad is the size the hospital using? he really likes those, but nuk bottles always comes with 0-6mths size M. thinkin of gettin the wide base for him to try. not sure if much diff between the standard neck and wide base.

Luckyily had been tryin out different teats and not bottles, if not heart pain the money

Hi all mummies here...

how is everyone doing? still coping well?

Finally i get to log in for a while.. but logging off cos need to pump at 4pm.

My bb gal oso keep wanting pple carry.. but we didnt let her sleep in sarong. CL say just carry, hug and pat pat her.. once she didnt make noise then put her back into her cot.

Mamyvelle,

The hospital teats are usually the latex (brown) ones.. not silicon. Its softer and easier for baby to suck. It should be size "M" for formula milk. I think the ones u passed to me are all "L". I let my boy try both narrow neck and wide neck. Not much difference to him.... but my hb commented that wide neck nipple looks more like our breast nipple... I still dunno what to do with all my Pigeon wide-neck bottles.......... Maybe I'll let my boy try again 1 mth later if he will accept the Pigeon teat. Too bad NUK teats cannot fit into Pigeon bottles..

Penguin,

Your waist macham still small leh..... 30 inches! I'm 35 inches.... even though I've only 4-5kg left. I look at myself in mirror, I think I look like humpty dumpty. Think all fats evenly distributed thru out... arms, thighs, waist...

The slim suit is the "Slim n Lift" girdle being sold in the Bulk Purchase thread in this forum.

My boy just stopped crying.. After milk and diaper change.. I just flipped him on his tummy and let him cry.. Den after a while he zzz.. Gave him pacifier also he uses his hands to support it when on his tummy.. Feel that bb zzz on tummy is better.. Last time i didnt flip him, when his pacifier drops he always get a shock and cry..

Ann: I stand at 1.7m so imagine how huge i look now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] im desperate to see a 2 not 3[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i stopped measuring my weight.. Really don know where the weight goes.. I have 3 inches each from waist and hips to lose. Another one is my big fat thighs now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] envy my sis leh after giving birth to 2kids her waist measures 24 even smaller than pre pregnancy she wore 25 26 i think.. Why am i not having the genes from my father..

Penguin, yes, letting baby sleep on tummy is more comfortable especially if bb has wind in tummy... but u have to watch him to ensure he can breathe properly.

white lady > i just started to let bb sleep in sarong for a few days...sometimes she still does not sleep soundly in it...but today seems better...so keeping fingers crossed! ya she keeps wanting to be carried so no choice we went to get a sarong...else no respite!

White_lady : How old is ur bb ah? My bb is 2weeks old, im thinking to let her slp in sarong too. But dunno is it too early for her. Or must wait she's 1month later?

She keep on want to carry, once put her down she wake up.

Today is the horrible day, awake since 3am all the way till 2pm.

And nobody helping me, making me feel like throwing away the bb!

Arghh...

bakaholic,

do you latch on directly? baby could be getting more foremilk and not enough hindmilk, i.e. not latching on long enough. my girl had green poop once plus all the symptoms like gassiness. so after that i decided to let her take EBM and it has since resolved by itself. now all her poop has gone back to being yellow, but is very very watery.

anyone here having constipation? i have been terribly constipated, super painful each time i go to the toilet with blood sometimes. also very thirsty, it's like i can drink a whole bottle of water, stomach feels like it's bursting and still feel thirsty. i'm already past the confinement stage so not eating all those heaty foods anymore, not sure why still like that...

re: baby sleeping

i hug my baby to sleep leh. is it bad? it's the only way to make her fall asleep (we co-sleep). i will put her down after she's fallen asleep and is snoring away.

xpink xuanx ,

my bb 1mth old , i think is ok to let urs sleep , cos my #1 , my mum since he few days old , put him in sarong liao ...

as for my bb reject avent bottle suddenly , my mum go buy pigeon bottle n let her try , n she is ok leh , weird hor . she is on avent for a mth , ok leh , then suddenly like that ... weird ...

How long do you mummies hold yr newborns after feeding? Sometimes after I hold my son for quite long already he still throw up leh

I heard intro sarong too early might cause back bone problem.. Not sure true or not? Maybe can carry bb out of sarong after fallen asleep?

Saffy, I read co-sleep is good for bb coz bb scared to sleep alone hence always wanna carry to sleep.. My bb also wan me to carry her alot n when put down on bed, wake up less than 5mins after putting.. Last nite I super tired n hug her to sleep.. N she sleep well... But be careful not to cover her nose wif pillow or arm.. Quite dangerous.. Coz my hubby arm hits my bb head last nite when he wanna change position..

Mdm yip, my gal also like that.. Sometimes after her nap, still spit up quite alot, somemore half digested one.. Coz got white 'eggy' stuff ..

ann, it's so much cheaper to get from TLL spree, i will get from her then.

bakaholic, first few years selling at $759. i will get from TLL spree instead. ;)

Greenish stool: can check out on the website.

http://similac.com/feeding-nutrition/diaper-decoder

My boy was oso having greenish stool, i giving ebm and CL mix some FM at night. i ask her to stop giving FM and slowly my boy stool becomes more yellowish. but till now still like greenish yellow.. i think shd be ok. will check with LC on monday.

Hi jascmy, Mdm Yip,

Can you PM me your massage lady contact ??

I remember somebody post mdm samsiah, but not sure is jascmy or mdm yip who posted it.

I have a friend who is due in Nov, and she is searching for massage lady recommendations too.

The massage lady that my aunt recommends to me seems so expensive compared to those you all are using. Her session is $80, so expensive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mamyvelle, are u referring to the hospital teats on those glass bottles of ready formula? those teats are S size, latex. i am still using those glass bottles to feed my boy and the NUK teats fit nicely (both latex and silicon).

ann, u can check on the teats for the size, there is indication S, M or L.

MVH,

ya lor, i'm quite wary of suffocating her but quite shiok for both mum and baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my hb is also very conscious of crushing her so he prefers sleeping on a mattress on the floor if he is feeling super tired that day

i also hug my bb to sleep the last few nites...put down 5 mins then will cry!

if hug he to sleep at least i get some sleep while she pigs away....not so tired lei.

thanks tearybabe will go check it out. dunno y this time so ma fan ... my #1 had been using the same kind of bottles since she was born and had no problem.

Tearybabe,saffy,

thanks for the info. i suspected it could be the constipation meds i took. Will stop and monitor. So meantime will express bm and try out.

Yah, TLL spree is cheaper but I am concerned about warranty so i just paid more for warranty, plus, i was desperate last wk to get a new pump.

Re: sarong

my #1 , we dont let him sleep over night , only let him sleep till soundly then transfer him to the bed ...

I have give birth 1 month liao , and i start drinking plain ice water and i notice i look bloated today , wonder issit menus coming thats why bloated ? or is the water retention again ? or i had took some pain killer yesterday , wonder is it beocs of that

xuan - try to use the milk bottle to collect bm fr ur leaking breast while u bf the other instead of using the shell. or else express out abit b4 u feed. As for nails, i ve cut my boy's when he was less than 2wks. I find the cutter fr first few yrs good.

saffy - try taking the longan red dates drink for constipation relief.

Madamyip - ur baby throw up alot after each feed? It could be reflux (my 1st boy was like this, vomit like merlion after each feed, we had to carry him upright or 45 degree for 20-30min after feeding then only put him on bed to sleep.. v tiring). now my 2nd boy (close to 3wks old) also having some vomitting but not as freq as his older bro, only once a day or 2 but is still worrying. Pd gave anti-vomit medi for 2 wks to see how it goes.

Anyone baby has stuffy nose? My baby seem to ve lots of greenish mucus and "pi-shi (dirt)" in his tiny nostrils. Pd gave nasal salt water spray but they keep coming back everyday even if i got them out. He could hardly breathe (esp at night), difficult for him to latch on as a result.

Cyn here: yeah my boy had that stuffy nose thing. Have been using the nasal spray for some days but it's still stuck.. Today my hb used his mouth to suck out the mucus... Seems to work!

Re: fingernail

I also trim my bb nail already . Not hard to cut. I trim when she is sound asleep . Bought nail cutter from first few years. Good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: nose dirt

I clear in a dangerous way. I use my last finger n dig abit out from the outer nose then then dirt will be out . Of cos have to do it when bb is lying down, safer. That's wat I did for my #1 too... Feel so su Fu when the dirt is out ! Tmc teach us by using a Cotten wool to go into the nose n make bb sneeze, I find this way very itchy leh and scare become flu so I did not use this method

Fingernails:

I have not cut her nails yets.. super scared.. look so fragile.. how? Peifu all of u can do it..

Mucus:

Me oso thinking of how to get it out.. try the cotton wool method, didn't work.. and sucking it out via mouth is not an option.. what abt using the nasal vacumm? will it work since the dirt in one nose is dry and the other is wet..

cyn,

longan red dates tea works? i will try. my baby has had a lot of mucus and nose dirt since day one. i also tried to use my mouth to suck out her mucus but didn't work coz i was afraid to suck too hard and my mouth is too big/her nose too small so guess it didn't work very well. i bought this pigeon brand nose vacuum from mothercare: http://www.shopbug.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1967?osCsid=6f722d30cc5aa37ba0e7fee381f32107

and it works better than the "bulb" kind. safer too since you won't actually be poking anything into baby's nostril.

hi ladies,

haven been loggin for donkey years..

given birth on the 11th Aug, natural wout epi.

my lil klaire says "hi"

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4449066.jpg]

fifi - ur gal is so pretty! nice big eyes with double eyelid!

nose dirt - i worry tiny furrry bits d cotton wool may get into the nostril if baby sniff in, may make things worse. I did dig alittle with my last fingernail if its quite near to the outside, then i use a tiny tweezer to pull out once its reachable. surprised to see long long greenish stuff came out! but i scared his nostril may get bigger if i continue to use my finger lei.. n its like neverending, take out today, tmr ve again!

Thank you gers! =)

Re Nose Dirt

Same as cyn, i use my nails to try to rch it since the dirt is quite near to the openings...

Re Overfeeding

I wonder will we overfeed? cos my bb can cry n ask for milk almost every hrs in the evening..till i so scared where all the milk goes to?

fifi - does ur baby poo alot? i think bcos their stomach is small, they fill up fast but when poo, they empty fast too.. moreover if bm, its more water content than fm, so hungry faster.. so feed on demand shld b ok.. every baby feeding intervals may b diff n also depend on mummy bm more concentrated or diluted (ie. more water).. also emptying ur breast is impt too, the start n the end ve different milk/water content.

I wan faint le... Just realize tat my maid use thinner to clean off the wrapper of the hospital glass bottles which I use for storing breastmilk and feedin baby. Thinner is supposedly to be poisonous rite?

Hi All,

My first post here on the forum.

Feel very frustrated cos my milk supply cannot meet my baby's demand. He is 17 days old and drinks abt 900ml. Each time i pump only get 60ml (both sides) and even though i increase my pump to every 2 hr, my supply dont seem to be increasing.

Furthermore my baby does not latch on at all. He is too lazy to suck from the breast.

How long did it take you girls to pump like 100ml on each breast?

saffy,

oh that pigeon tube thing works? I have the Pigeon bulb kind and I find it useless! maybe I'll go buy that tube thing this wkend then I don't have to keep waiting for hb to come home to suck my bb's nose...

Back