(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

tearybabe : when baby cry dun kan cheong... cause if u kan cheong baby will sense it and won't feel calm de. just relax urself and slowly u won't be so stress de.

anyway see LC 1 time how much ar?

Mamyvelle come to think of it, just now I might have been frustrated. Will try to be calm.

See LC at PEH, one time 42.80 bucks. Fonnie is not charging me for the second session as she consider the 1st session incomplete.

tearybaby, try to carry baby in such a position whereby his tummy faces/touches ur body, i find babies sleep better like this. n ve to b calm like wat mamyvelle says. try to carry more b4 CL go back. For baby tummyache, feel the forehead any cold (or coldsweat), or check tummy any cold cold or bloatedness.

btw, i think the pureen detergent is called ABD not ABC. can also b found at Giant. no need to use alot when wash clothes unlesss ve stubborn stain or v dirty bcos its quite harsh for the skin.

Saffy - the pigeon nose cleaner (tube type), how to use it? its not put in the nose?

btw, anyone has suggestion on where to celebrate full mth? just intend to ve a nice dinner with family. any place that is suitable to bring baby along? if got private room, that will be great!

Ann: yah my massage lady say if u press ur uterus area n its not pain, u can start.. she say normal birth can start ard 1/2 months.. csect must wait longer.. after 3 months

Too bad im not like haitang who is so decisive.. 3 more days b4 she disappears..

Cyn: thanx for the verfication.. didnt know its harsh on the skin if use alot.. this is what my stupid CL neva mentions.. i totally think my CL is full of crap..

Xuanx: thanx for the verification too.. thats a boost of confidence for me.. i will just continue to ise liquid detergent then..

E detergent is pureen ABD powder form.. Can get from kiddy palace.. Am using it coz certain cloth diapers recommend to use this brand.. So far ok lor.. Not particular wif the fragrance..

CL, freshly pumped milk no need to be warmed.. Just imagine bb latching n drink directly, e milk is ard room temp.. Only when u chilled e milk then need to be warmed..

FIFi, ur gal has bright eyes.. Going to hurt many guys next time when she grows up to be a big beauty.. Keke..

Mummies u all still waking up every 3 hrs to pump? Keep missing the 1st pump of the nite, supposedly to wake up at 3.30am , anyway if nw baby dun wake up for milk issit ok or we gt to wake them up?

Mamyvelle

same here. Totally didnt hear alarm for 3.30am one. Too tired. Yday forget to set alarm and overslpt. Haiz. Continue like this duno how to keep my supply for my boy demand.

As for night feed many say can dontt wake bb up for feed.

All of us in Zombie state.. guess only mummirs wake yp at the weirdest hrs to be a cow n august mummies the ones who can still post at these weird hrs too.. hahaha=p

MVH: so its good for soiled cloth diapers.. thanx for the info.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wake up at 4am to feed my gal . But I think she drink too much or stomach not comfortable.. Vomit out after feed, burp n hold at 45degree for 15 mins.. Till now cranky.. Apply ruyi oil now n carrying her to make her sleep.. Sigh.. Tired...

Naturelover, i use babyland cloth diapers.. Recommend to use powder detergent instead of liquid. Coz most liquid detergent contains softener which can affect e absorption of diapers.. But I must say that quite strong.. So I always extra rinse e clothes using washing machine..

MVH: i c.. i dun even know where the cloth diapers came from cos they were hand me downs.. most prob i use up all the liquid detergent first cos my gal has senstive skin.

night feeds: i think it is okay too.. cos some babies began to sleep thruout the night already just that they will be super hungry in the morn..

Accidentally read July thread n there is one mum mention the calculation for milk feed quantity.. total quantity a day is 100-120 multiply by weight of bb.. She also gave example that her bb is 5.8kg so should be drinking 80-90ml

Hi Cyn, my baby love to be in the position whereby his tummy touches my body and head on shoulder. last night i tried all position but he cant stop crying. This morning he cried and dun stop crying in my hands again, but after bath i manage to coax him to sleep. cant wait for CL to leave so that he can forget her. 3 more days to go...

MVH, at Parkway East Hospital give us a guide as 150 multiply by weight of bb / 8 feeds. But my boy had long exceed this guide. i think he is ard 4 plus kg ba. he is drinking 100ml at one month old , 12 times a day. PD says as long as he wants to drink, just give him. If overfed, he will vomit. So far he doesnt vomit so we just give as he wants. thats no way i can limit his intake since he will cry and yell for milk. wonder if i should resort to pacifier.

Tearybabe , I jus introduce pacifier to my boy, coz in the nite when he cry for milk, he scream the whole house can hear de, somemore my #1 slping with us, she very kelian so long nv slp properly le. But these 2 days think she slp so much better, red eye circle seems to get better. Think will be like my #1 , I only gave her last time during bedtime, in the day I dun give. And was very easy weaning her off the pacifier

But of cozif u can than , best not to give..

tearybabe: yr cl leaving on the 7th? mine too.. cant wait for her to leave.. just wanna have some alone tym with bb to build a bond.. its gonna be tough on my own alome but im gonna try very very hard..

my gal still on 70ml per feed every 2hrs cos she will spit up her milk otherwise.. see already heartpain dunno if she has gain weight anot.. worry*

my gal already on pacifier le.. but will remove once she sleep

mamyvellw,

CL gave pacifier to my boy on 1st day she come. Was so mad. i kept it in one of the drawer for bb stuffs and she dig out to give him. told her not to give but i think once in a while she does give at night when he crying out loud for milk.

after CL leave, if he really cry too much at night i will start to give le.

nature lover, ya same on 7th. it will be hard work to build up the bond. since u do latch on, it will be easier for u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

All babies are different, some drink lesser, some appetite is big. Didnt u try to weight her?

Feel like quitting job after maternity leave to be SAHM. Stay at home mummies, issit that life will revolve around babies only?

tearybabe: i only get to practice once a day for 5 to 10 mins depending on my gal mood.. like yesterdae, struggle with her till she spit up her earlier ebm.. now i got phobia.. dun wish to see her upset.. so worse vase, i will just ebm till ss runs out n then give fm..

i wish i could be sahm but cant afford to.. else i would jave love to spend time with my gal..

Tearybabe: Fonnie will still push my gal to latch on.. n my gal can be impatient n will cry like as if i bully her. hao ke lian de.. Going to her will still not resolve the issue de.. but my best wishes to you.. i know u will succeed de.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

penguin_88 , today I time it, abt 1hr leh. The massage lady asked my CL to cook a big pot of ginger water, pour in a pile, put below a plastic stool, I sit on it with a queen size bedsheet wrap on me till I sweat a lot and no more steam.

tearybabe : not really lah , can bring bb go out together with friends also ma. in fact i always go out with sept08 mummies in the east , we always have gathering on and off . Although abit no life of ur own lah , when u see ur friends wear nice nice , wear high heels go out , u're in ur tshirts and shorts. sometimes i really envy them de.

but when u get to see ur child grow up every single day , u will feel that its worth it de lah. but i only plan to look after #2 till he's a year old den i go back work le. has been a sahm since my girl born sept08.

Tearybabe, I had the same prob with my mil..my fill even made insensitive remarks about how baby prefers grandma. Made me feel like sh**...I think it's a matter of confidence...me still learning but getting better now that I carry her more.. Jiayou.

Good day mummies & daddies,

I have the following items to let go due wify insistent on BF all the way. Collection avail at Yishun/Khatib MRT station. Call/sms me at 96803165 or PM me. tks.

Similac 0-6months 900g @$34/tin (2 tins avail)

S-26 0-6months 400g @$14/tin (1 tin avail)

hi hi,

so most of our cl left le! hope everyone is doing well.

Ann, i am fully latching my boy now. though tiring, but i think i am ok la. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u still giv e FM for last feed?

I still latch, so midnight got to wake up feed also.

my bb also cry on and off la. he has lots of wind in his tummy. no choice! i let him be. appl ru yyi oil la, etc etc etc. until he sleeps. haha! hope he is ok.

besides, ialso give gripe water la.

jascmy: okie.. sounds good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today i brought my boy to a pd situated at tiong bahru, he commented my boy has lots of wind in his tummy and hence, not able to zzz well at night.. he gave us lots of advice for our boy and say so long as baby does not vomit after each feed, we are not overfeeding him. due to my hb concern on whether we are overfeeding him.. a good and friendly pd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamyvelle: looks like corset.. i saw something similar at ck departmental stores...

ann: did you order the phyto fiber bp? i feel like ordering but scared my body depend on it, then if don't take will constipate..

long time no come in, long archive to catch up..after CL leaves, its really terrible..everyday slp 3-4hrs..even during feeding, can fall slp..so dangerous..

QQ,

I also went to LC eventually..my boy has no problem latching on..problem is with me as well! Now whenever he fuss for milk, and I cant get ready to warm it up, I will latch ..and very fast he latch on ..the techniques I learnt from LC are very effective, no more fighting with my son anymore.

QQ and MVH,

I’m on my week 5..and my lochia ends 4 days ago..suddenly, 2 days later I’m having heavy bleeding with some light cramping..so is it menses or still lochia? Im also confused..

Suika,

My boy tummy is also super big! My mum says I overfed him..cos im giving him 120ml every 2 hrs..and if he poos or pees a lot, he cry for milk every 1.5hr..so I kept giving him milk until his tummy big and hard. This morning went polyclinic, he is already 6kg !

Full month : My CL told me the full mth day should be calculated based on lunar day..if the lunar is 20th , then the full mth day shld be lunar 20th the next mth as well.. but if it doesn’t fall on weekends, then u would like to have it on weekends, then have to celebrate earlier..and cannot be later.

Breastmilk,

I think u gals can consider taking fenugreek. My supply has increased after taking ..LC asked me to take 3 pills 3 times daily, which exceeds the recommended dosage from the bottle. But she says its ok because she always advise others to take the same dosage.. she told me with this dosage, I shall see effect within 1 week..true enough, I used to get 150ml on both sides for 3 hourly pump, now I get 240-300ml on 4 hourly pump.. I thought mine is accumulation, but LC told me if I keep it regularly at 4 hourly, then its ok as my brain will thought that baby needs milk every 4 hours.. its ok to increase to 4hr so long as u keep it regular.. now im alone handling the baby, no time to stick to 3hrs..

PISA,

Those who use PISA, can I check if u using those softshield funnels? mine got some rubberish content pn the funnel after 1 mth usage..do u have such problems? The wear and tear is so fast?!!

Jascmy,

22kg? so effective for 7-sessions?

Tearybabe,

Can get from this lady if u need it urgently..she is friendly to deal with..i get it from her after I had a hard time with manual pump..

Ann,

my hb use cotton bud to dig the muscus leh..it wrks leh.. but my boy has lots of phlegm, the nose spray is not wrking ! how to get the phlegm out ?

xpink_xuanx,

I mix BM and FM before…last time when I don’t have enough BM supply , I mix them..

Mamyvelle,

My CL introduce pacifier the first week.. very angry with her..but then now I love it..cos when he cant slp after feed..i gave him pacifier, then he can slp ..he just need something to suckle..

Vaccination

Check with u gals, u gals go to polyclinic for all vaccinations ? or prefer to go to PD? Why choose PD? Can someone share the price Baby Bear offers for the vaccinations on 5-in-1 and 6-in-1?

sunflower,

my boy can latch now, though not 100% v good.getting better bah.

wah u take so much fenugreek, and 120ml/2 hr is a lot woh! mayb he needs that.? 6kg is no joke! is he v tall(long). ? maybe tat's y.

my so call menses also stopped le. i think cramps is due to contraction of wombs as we pump./latch. no worry. heavy bleeding if stop within a few days then should be ok. if continue for many days, will need to go back gynae and check if internal is ok.

QQ,

I give FM at last night feed cos I wanna him sleep longer... Plus, make my hb bottle-feed him so he can have bonding with his son. Now my freezer got more and more accumulated EBM ... I also dunno when I'm gonna take out for him to use. Yeah, latching actually is more convenient if u got good milk supply especially for night feeds.. My boy's latching is also still lousy so I'm depending alot on breast compression to help him get more milk. Not sure if i should go see a LC for this...

Penguin,

I didn't buy that phyto thing... What's that for? Prevent constipation?

Sunflower,

I don't like the Medela softfit funnel shields. It gets out of shape if u steam sterilise and after use, it kind of sticks to your skin.... I gotta peel it off .. So I bought the personal fit shields instead to use. So much better. Fenugreek is so effective for u? I've taken Fenugreek for about 1-2 weeks now but my supply is still hovering around 100-140ml.

Tearybabe,

I agree with mamyvelle.... sometimes I see those office ladies wearing nice and high heels whereas I'm in my crocs I feel like I miss the days when I was also working. Also miss the nice extra cash! I stopped working since Jan this year and not too sure when i should start looking for job.... My hb thinks i should go back to work but I'm not confident that my MIL can handle both my #1 and #2 at same time....

sunflower , so u mean at 5weeks old , he already 6kg? li hai leh u .

mine also has lots of phlegm leh. the spray dun work? was thinkin of bringin him go pd next week for the spray.

Sunflower,

Which LC did u go to? My boy's latching is not good cos I still get some soreness and pain during latching.

mamyvelle, the spray don't work for my boy too......... i think my hb suck his mucus out is more effective...... anyway I just went to buy that Pigeon nose cleaner that Saffy recommended.... will try it tonight, hope it works.... cos seriously I don't wanna suck my boy's mucus out when hb is at work!

alibaba,

true if bb never woke up for night feed then can dont wake them up...

last time my #1 didn't wake up for night feed from 2 month onwards till she's 7 mth old...

ann,

I also shop online... recently bought the confinement shower gel and shampoo, very refreshing, bought the 2nd bigger bot... also bought slimming panties on last thursday, should received it next week... i also shop from gmarket... aiyo, stay at home also can spend $$.

Mamyvelle,

Never see anyone selling this b4 leh, is this good??

Sunflower,

What techniques does your LC teaches u, care to share??

My boy cries sometimes cries for milk every hr but CL try to drag to at least 1.5hr and feed him 100ml, i also dunno if that's overfeeding.

fenugreek really so effective huh, then i should consider getting it as i only get 100 to 120ml per 3hr pumping.

I'm using medela swing with softshield funnels, only abt 1 mth usage, yellowish too, any idea when should we change it or in what condition should we change it??

oh also, anyone experience, aft 30mins pumping, the milk still got drips of leaks, should we continue pumping until completely no milk coming out or just stop.

I'll go to GP for 6-in-1 vaccination, the first jab other than the one in hospital will start at 2 mth, 4 mth, 6 mth... heard that it'll save a trip down and of course bb will have 1 less jab... I've already booked Dr Gabriel Seow for the vaccine.

Sunflower, today I have heavy flow too.. Week5+ Liao.. Panty liner wet fast n stain my panty as well.. Sianz.. I think it is still lochia..

I got a problem with my gal.. She always poo a bit every 15-30mins.. Din change her diaper coz din realize she poo.. Then now got bad diaper rashes.. When I clean her, she will cry badly, n when I put on a new diaper, she poo a bit again.. sometimes I need to repeat this cleaning process 2-3 times before I finally get it done.. Took ard 5-10mins.. So my gal cries throughout the whole process.. Imagine I used abt 15 cloth diapers within 4-5 hrs.. My mum n mil said might have something wrong with her intestines that she can't control e poop.. Does anyone has this same encounter wif yr bb? Quite concern becoz my #1 doesn't have this problem at all.. N also tired of changing diaper n enduring e screaming every 15-30mins..

Phew! Jus finished my baby shower party of 70 odd ppl.. Ordered from meihao99.. So far the food okay.. Like their Cantonese prawns ( sweet n spicy prawns ) , their sweet n spicy fish.. Haiz the rest din really get to eat.. No time .. Busy entertaining guests.. Wahseh really hard to have so many ppl .. Neglected some guests.. I split the food to 2 sessions. I din ask for second delivery top up as I have to pay one more delivery charge. So end up I requested them to split into 2 portions and I top up the food myself which I think is better cos sekali the food finished and the second top up still not here..

Yeah!! Finally can relax!!!! All the best mummies!!

Ann, i see.

jia you bah! i am ok for midnight feeds, but day time feeds are more luan4 for me. midnighte he auto wake up every 3 hour de. daytime? all haywire. haha!!

u wanna go back LC again? 1 breast of mine is also having some lumps, i have been clearing them but still come back. so just continue doing it lor.

eeyore, 120-140ml quite good right? if u eat fenugreek then cna have more milk le. can store.

i bring my ah boy to poly for vaccination. see how. will have to poke more times . sigh!

MVH, it is normal to poo many times. i thinkn she has lots of winds, that's y always poo a bit a bit. it isnormal la.

so u apply the desitin gao3 gao3 before u put on the diaper cloth ok:? then wont have rash. it is to prevent rather than curing the rash.

my ah boy also give me pattern, poo during midnight la, every feed also big poo. day time all cleanclean oni urines., i am so busy during midnight.

Back