(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

white lady,

I did took the jab but that was just before I got pregnant... think best is not to take the jab first...

Hi, sorry to interupt, I am from jan10 thread, have the following to let go:

1. Balboa Baby Adjustable Sling (Dotted Daisy Brown) - selling at $45.00, condition: 10/10, box included, used once only

http://itsybitsyme.biz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=225&category_id=19&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

2. Pigeon Fridge to go bag(Preloved), box included

$30.00, condition: 9.5/10

3. Glass bottles (for bm storage) comes with sealed cap with cover - $0.80 each, have 30plus bottles to let go.

Pls pm if interested, collection venue to be arranged.

do pm me if you are interested, ya, collection to be arranged.

eeyore ,

why not to take the jab ? i got asthma attack tonight , and i scare to use my inhaler , scare will harm the baby , then i so breathless , then read from internet that if i m breathless , will cost baby to have not enough oxegen ! i so worried now .... =(

Purelyz,

My tenant probably didn't know cos we never really talk. Anyway Im moving out soon so I just have to "endure" and avoid him.

cordblood...

I think will seek gynae's advice...

Seems like many mummies and kids are falling sick now... please take good care of yourself and eat balance diet.

starlitz

Welcome! It's so exciting to know there's so many MTBs here delivering in Aug!

Bowie

If your work permits, maybe coming back to Singapore asap will be better. Who is taking care of you in HK?

was on MC yest...went woody there scan n he says bb might b a girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yipee!!!

starlitz> hi. congrats. for KKH i heard from my fren there is this gynae Benjamin Tham from private suite which is highly recommended. The difference between private suite and normal clinic is pricing (normal clinic the low rates aree only if you get referral letter from polyclinic) and also the gynae you are seeing. For private suite you can choose a fix gynae that you want, for normal clinic is you are assign to anyway doctor on duty so every visit you will most likely be seeing a different gynae. delivery also the same thing

Oh Benjamin Tham leaving KKH. Then I not sure who else there already. I heard Benjamin Tham's partner also like not bad.

white lady,

sorry i read wrongly last night, i thought doc says best not to take the jab...

hehe... anyway, i think when pregnant, don't do anything that is out of the norm... but in this case it's best to check with your gynae and your gp see if it's appropriate for u to take the jab...

didn't know u got asthma... pregnant easily out of breath leh... sometimes at work i talk too much also will feel out of breath... how do u cope for 1st pregnancy...

Morning ladies,

Just spoken to the sales rep from Cordlife, they are running a promotion for month of March cos of the Baby fair. Inital payment is now at $1111 instead of $1400. The 10yr plan @ $3111 and 21yr plan @ $5111. Can use CDA to pay.

Am also checking prices from Stemcord then compare.

Still considering about and wonder if it is really really necessary.

hi all mtbs!! Congrats to all of you

I'm new here and its my 1st child as well. hope to get and learn more info from here. Hehe I'm in WK17 and EDD is 09Aug. I'm with TMC with Dr Woo.

Since 1st trimster, I've been vomitting till now didnt gain any weight and tummy not obvious (no1 wanna give up seat for me in MRT haa..)

Any food/drinks/things that I should avoid?

white lady--> i'm also asthmatic and i also get breathless easily. but i use my ventolin inhaler. my gynae knows i'm using it too. i think it's better for you to confirm with your gynae on whether u can use it too. bad asthma can harm your baby due to the lack of oxygen but to cure asthma must use the ventolin. also u can check on the medication information on whether its safe for pregnancy use..take care k..

cord blood > hmm. do you guys know what happens after 10 yrs or 21 yrs? Whats the life span of stored cord blood? Do they dispose it?

prisss,

i hope so ley....but woody cannot confirm, he says looks like this time....but i guessed shd b ba coz i feel he's those more 'xiao xin' person

mummytigger, congrats. This is my first too. Don worry abt the MRT, me look so fat now and still no one give up seat for me. It's a general moral issue.

cord blood > spoken to Stemcord, the lady doesn't recommend long term storage as she said bb cord blood is only enough to support people less than 20kg. Hence, as the child grows older, the cord blood literally becomes more useless. That's why they only have 5yr plan (but cant use CDA for their 5yr plan)

Apparently the life span of cord blood can be forever if kept properly. Not sure what they do when you terminate the contract.

eeyore ,

for my 1st pregnancy , i no asthma attack . then this round maybe becos of sick , cough n flu , then attack come , so stress , baby have not been moving since last night , i so stress , hubby keep asking me not to think so much . but i just cant help it ... and my #1 also sick for a week already , so stress

i oso hope mine will be in july.. same birth mth as me n my hb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hee..

Have u all buy any baby cot/baby items? I heard bb pram don need buy 1st.. wat tings we need prepare b4 birth?

kitty,

based on this predictor it seems to b correct....if nothing goings wrong shd b girl s predicted...heehee

jerlyn & ednique,

yes it is amniotic fluid sound.

my hubby also said that baby was playing the bubbles nosily as baby learn to breathe.

winnie--> u same as me right 18 weeks this week. i read in babycenter website that we are officially in the 5th month this week.. hmm actually i thought we should be 4.5 month??

scent, diamantz - i can only come back to Spore in June, and that is already my bosses being nice and making the transfer possible for me. So dun think i can ask for any earlier. But good news is - the gynae i saw for the first time yesterday in HK is GOOD. I mean Really GOOD! He spent close to an hour with me, which is very rare for a gyane's visit! Went thru my Oscar results and explained to me again what each thing meant. Also said i shouldn't go for amnio but recommended i do another blood test suitable for this stage of pregnancy. Plus he did a detailed scan for me (though I am just 17 weeks now) to see if we can spot anything wrong. Went through all the major organs, can even have 4D image to see facial structure etc. His equipments are all state of the art and there was even a huge LCD TV in front of us to magnify the image so we can exactly see what is he pointing to and talking about! And the 4D image looks like a real photograph of the baby!

And the good news is - things seem to be all normal and positive! He cannot spot any abnormalities and said the heart (can even see the 4 chambers of the heart, the valve outlets etc) is good so fewer chances of DS. So comforted now. Just need to wait for blood test results. Praying hard! But thanks for all your concerns! I found a lot of support on this thread!

Hi All mtb,

I've tried the link on the prediction of baby's gender...not quite sure if it's accurate coz i have nt had mine scan yet...but very interesting...it predicted mine as baby boy..now i'm curious to find out...

N btw thanx all for the replies wrt my queries on gynae and TPS @ KKH...I have decided to go for it and selected Dr Marianne Hendricks as gynae thru recommendation frm colleague...Hope she's good..;)

Hi all

Hope everyone is keeping well... now that our 2nd trimester is here, I think we should feel much better without the morning sickness.

I can definitely empathise with those whose tummies are not showing and no one give up their seats on MRT for them. Same situation here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anyone knows where to get full-body length pillows to help pregnant mummies sleep on their left side? I have been trying to get Snoogle but the stocks haven't come in yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

prisss (eeyore_03): Can help to change my EDD to 25 Aug? Thanks!

Bowie,

That's a piece of good news!!! At least can rest your mind now. Have some faith and I'll be praying for you. The HK gynae is so solid huh! My gynae visit is always <10 mins, super chop chop, is it expensive to see gynae in HK?

Sad news for me cos I have to start finding another CL..... haiz.. I'm so tired of calling ppl, cos most are fully booked or they don't want to work for me becos I have twins.... sianz...

went to see GP , he say if i asthma n no treatment can lead to Mis.C !!! so stress after hearing , but if inhale too much medicine , not good for baby , i so stress , and there isnt any movement for few days , i so stress up now ...

Bowie,

That's good news!! at least now u can rest assure that ur bb shd b fine....dun over-stressed urself now....esp u r overseas working

scent,

i think it's more advisable for u to call up those CL agency....not alot of ppl willing to take up twins

Scent,

i agree with suika, at least they find someone more fit to the job and got experience... cos actually now u got not much choice left... unless u got mil or mum to help then u js employ additional helper like maid... alternatively u can ask your mum if she's willing to keep the maid in her house.

eeyore_03 and Suika

Do you have one reputable agency to recommend? I think I won't employ maid, but my mother-in-law might be staying with me to help, though she's not confirm yet, cos her health is not too good, need to rest... I think in the end, maybe I still hv to find 2 CLs to help out....haiz.

greenapple,

i saw the pillow at mothercare.. you can try there.

bowie,

oh u haven combine ur blood test results? for me, my oscar test was 1:700+ with only the scan.. i was feeling down at that time too..afterwhich i did the blood test and combine the results, my results shot up to 1:5000++.. since you can see the nose bridge, i think your result will shot up too. dont worry ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

winnie--> ya as of today i'm 18 weeks and 2 days.. i also dont know why the website counted it as 5th month.. maybe it means into the 5th month lah haha..

whitelady--> glad that you've gone to see the doctor..u better take lots of rest, take ur medication diligently and heed doc's advise ok..i think the best thing u can do now is get ur asthma treated coz u must be healthy in order to get a healthy baby too right.. so dont stress up too much as it can make ur asthma worse k.. take care..

Sorry to interupt.

NEW Victoria Secret Yoga Pants (L size)

Strike a pose in a sleek and chic shape. Foldover waist. Lurex stitching on pockets. Imported cotton/Lycra® spandex.

Waist 31.5

Hip - 42

Original price US$29.50 (SG$41), now letting go at US$19.50 (SG$29) + SG$1 (postage)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3700351.jpg]

Interested drop me an email [email protected]

Ednique , thank ... actually my asthma is very mild , just that this time i cough n flu then asthma attack , hai ~ .... still stress and had very bad dream last night , hai ...

white lady

if asthma is gonna risk in MC then i think u better inhale the med better....coz since urs is oni mild case u oso wun nid it that often rite so i guessed bb shdn't b affected by it

scent

after ur confinement who's gonna help u take care of both kids? it's not gonna b easy handling juz 1 not to say 2 (that's for my case lah coz my boy pretty hard to take care when he was young)

most of the CL wun not wan parents to get involved when they're ard (esp mothers coz they hv another set of ways to take care of babies n they can get frustrated) maybe that's the reason y most of them refuses to take up the job if not will be asking for very high

do take note that some of the CL will request for tonics on top of their salary (i heard from friends)

or u can try see got lobang from Batam side....i think their charges is slightly cheaper then those from malaysia

when for my monthly checked up today... cant know the bb gender yet =( noe got to wait till my detailed scan. hopefully can see..

btw, i just got my OSCAR result back.. my EDD will be on 15 Aug 2010 instead.

Can help to change? thanks.

scent,

my fren engaged a CL from Pem confinement agency for her twins. $2650 and 168 govt levy for 28 days.

but she duno if the CL is good yet because her EDD is june.

Hi MTBs,

I've a pre-loved Graco Prenatal Heart Listener for sale. Bought this last Aug when I was pregnant. Save me the hassle of going down to gynea's clinic just to listen to baby's heartbeat when little or no movement is felt throughout the day.

Condition: 9/10 (gently used, however the box was slightly torn when I first opened the box)

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=17105&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=1181861&sku1=k_s1_78754278

Bought at USD$19.90 from this site (excluding shipping). Other unknown brands selling at Singapore departmental stores for at least $35.

Selling @ $20. Pls PM me if interested. Thks!

Hi everyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am a Aug 2010 MTB too :D

anyone signed up for pre-natal courses or engaged a CL yet? I havent seemed to have done many things !

was feeling terrible during the first trimester but glad that its getting better now in the 2nd trimester :D

Hi Kitty,

I used the website to check my bb gender and similiar to what gynae predict... so accurate ah...

Ednique,

I thought 18 weeks is only about 4 months? Coz pregnancy is 9 months + 1week (not 10 months coz 4 weeks not equivalent to 1 month).. 20 weeks would be 4.5 months plus..

Bowie,

Nice to hear that everything seems good for you.. be strong.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies~!

I went for my detailed scan last Fri. After waiting for nearly an hr, i was called to the rm. The 1st qns that the lady ask is How many wks u r now? I say not yet 18wk. She say, from her record is 17wks plus. Why come for detailed scan so early? I told her doc schedule one.

She did a normal scan and cfm the bb size is indeed 17 wks and 3 days. She sugg that she dun continue, cos if later can't see much, waste money.

She jus let me hear heartbeat and i saw my bb move. He/She is in kneel position with back facing up. Similar position as last time, so we still can't tell gender. He/She like to keep us in suspense! Reschedule my scan on 26 Mar.

Went to see my gynae and jus ask a few qns, i was charged $60 for the 10 mins. Sighz... Gynae teach me how to do sit up without affecting bb. As i told him my belly look bigger than last time.

When at counter, his assistant apologize for the mix-up and miscalculate of dates. I'm not angry with them. Jus feel like knowing the gender but bb dun let me see...

Back