(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

sheric

how do u cook with the slow cooker, for eg. how much rice and how much water? ingredients do u mash it or puree it with blender?

thx still at a blur how to intro semi solid

White lady,

I bought it at Baby slings & carriers located at sq2. It's $250. Bring your baby down and try cos some babies may not like to be in carrier.

Jaime, yes shichida is ex.. I dun think I have $1k+ every month to spend on this.. I saw some bp selling shichida materials.. Thought of buyin for my elder gal but ex ex ex!!

MVH

do u know how to flash or play the cards to bb if we purely juz buy the flash cards.

i'm clueless and it seems there's some technique to flashing it in order to see 'effects'

i tot of buying the materials too but need someone to teach me how to flash to baby.

Mvh

Taka baby fair on 9th.. U can make a trip down to buy the jar, at the same time check out the fair ..

Jasmine

I intro one new food once a week, not every day.. Will monitor agn

hi anyone have the u like blender? I just bought it. I asked the saleswoman whether can blend hot food like porridge, she said yes. But when I refer to the manual guide, it said dont put hot substance into the cup, will cause deformity.

Or can we use the Avent steamer cum blender to blend porridge instead?

Jasmine,

Agreed with sunflower, there's no need to blend the porridge. Just cook a little longer and it will be soft enough for baby. Anyway, can train baby to eat chunkier food.

--

Today I went to the mothercare sales. Think because of weekend, must queue 30mins+ then can enter the store. Zzz. Somemore can't bring stroller inside. So must either carry baby & belongings inside or 1 parent go in, the other bring baby go walk outside. Payment queue is very long as well. I only bought a few items but still spent over 100 bucks. -.-

Fyi, they're selling avent blender/steamer at $159 with 1 or 2 via cups & teether.

Sunflower,

I bought the yoplait baby yogurt at vivo cold storage. They have 2 types. 1 for 6mths & above and 1 for 1yr old. I've posted the pic in my FB.

Jasmine

Ok I will check out coldstorage. Thks.. HeinZ got a strawberry yogurt food jar.. I bought Yest .. look like puree, but taste like yogurt.. Do u serve cold yogurt or room temp?

U shld go on thurs.. Not crowded.. Only queue for cashier.. But mothercare things not cheap leh

sunflower & jasmine, actually i havent started porridge yet, I am scare she will reject if is not smooth like puree.

Is it better to use slow cooker or the normal steel pot to cook porridge? Will normal pot produce mashy porridge too?

Sunflower,

I take it out for the refrigerator fro about 20mins then feed him. He likes it! Finished all.

I wish to go on wkday but I can't bring my 2 kids out alone. Have to wait for wkend & go with my hubby.

Jasmine,

The first time I feed him porridge, I didn't blend. And he's okay with it, ate a lot. Normal pot also can but you have to watch the fire and stir if not will burnt.

Jasmine, I notice my boy's stool is alot firmer, not a bit of watery after giving him more cereal and milk powder with sweet potato. The stool is also almost black like adult. How's ur son's poop?

can we use the big slow cooker to cook baby's portion porridge. read some bought the 0.7litres slow cooker.

is it necessary to buy the 0.7 litres slow cooker?

Jasmine, I can't find organix rice cake at cold storage juz now.. So so disappointed.. Went all the way to northpoint but can't find..

MVH

flashcards need to flash at top speed like one card per second and rattles off very fast at top speed then bb will benefit. say i know how to do i dunno.

Healthy Times brown rice cereals:

any bb take this cereal and develop rashes at the neck area? could it be this cereal?

see that many of the babies here are receptive and enjoying their semi solid food....my gal getting sick of cereal....made various purees for her but she don quite like also....eat v little....porridge also don quite like...big headache for me....

sunflower and Jasmine, how old are your babies when u started feeding porridge? What do u all put inside the porridge?

Jasmine

I started porridge at 5 mths. Put in pork and fish. But pork only add on nutrients and flavor , didn't give him eat. Sometimes will use ikan bills stock. Until 6 mths, start to add spinach or broccoli or potatoe or carrot.

can start fish so early? When we start porridge the first time, we can add only 1 item into the porridge, say porridge + fish, then gradually put in porridge + a meat + a vege, is it?

Jaime,

Mine is 2L. Cos can use till he's older and eat more porridge.

Mvh,

I bought mine at four season organic market, more organix products.

Sunflower,

No need to mix with water, just let him bite. And I let my boy tried the plain yogurt, he likes it & finishes all.

Jasmine,

Started porridge on 6mths cos personally I don't think it's v nutrional so started later. I haven't let him try fish cos my boy may be allergic. I cook 1 big bowl of plain porridge and 1 bowl of veg puree. He can finish almost all.

Hi jasmine, u cook your porridge and vege separately, and also don't mix into the same bowl when serving your boy? What is the reason you don't mix together?

Cos for the first time, I just wanna see if he's okay with the tasteless plain porridge. Surely you can mix & cook. But don't overcook the veg.

Pekkle, my gal doesn't like to eat the food I gave her, only pear purée she can finish.. E rest, cereal wif veg purée, fish porridge etc all like machiem force her to eat.. Most on e floor, bib, hands, toy (if no toy, she wanna get out of her seat).. I also realize she doesn't like cold food.. Maybe that y she din finish all.. Now headache how to make cereal or porridge warm when she eats so so slow..

so headache , over the weekend keep thinking of getting carrier anot . cos prefer carrier that can let baby facing front and notice only got baby bjorn. but baby bjorn only up to 12 kg . so i think is abit waste to buy and can only use for few more months. as for beco or egro can use till 16 or 20 kg but problem is can face out ... heaache ... any mummy using baby bjorn ? good ? baby confortable ?

White lady,

Front facing not recommended for heavier babies as it strains their spine.

Have you tried manduca? My boy was very happy in it during the demo while for bjorn, he was cranky (he just woke up from his nap back though).

we prob go back to try again on the manduca this weekend.

Bakaholic , where to try ?

N also for heavy bank not good for their spine ? How heavy is heavy , say 12kg ? Cos if the Cartier can't face out . I m afraid My Bb don't want leh ... N for Bb bjorn , there is bulk purchase in forum , cheapest is $110 only !

jaime,

just a handful of rice & water must cover all ur ingredients. if u wan mashy type, cook longer time with more water. All are based on my estimation.

change of milk:

any babies still on FM step1? I started solid for my girl for lunch & dinner. so her milk intake is lesser during the day, how do i change the feed gradually?? shld i stop giving solid for the time being & concentrate on change of FM to step 2??

Advise needed??

white lady,

There is a shop in united sq that sells lots of carriers.

http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/

the cheaper bjorn have no support for our backs. My hubby tried bjorn and even the one with back support but he said it's warm and the support not as good compared to manduca.

So, do go try annd see cos it's subjective to individual.

Sheric,

there is a chart to slowly switch over. Mine was from Mamil gold. I didn't switch that gradual but i did give 1-2 stage 2 feedings a day and then just switch fully to stage 2 when stage 1 runs out (like 2-3 days).

As long baby is feeding ok and no constipation or loose stools, rashes, i guess it's ok.

http://www.dumex.com.sg/our_products/mamil_holding/mamil_mg2

White_lady, I jus bought this carrier. Similar from Ergo. Cheap and good. I love it!

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=401216368&search_keyword=BABY+CARRIER

I'm back to work liao. No mood to work.

Porridge: I bought a thermo pot to cook porridge. Very good. Jus boil the rice and water then put in the thermo pot for 1hr and its ready. I bought from Giant, big one is $25 and small is $18 (one person qty). But heard that we can't cook or leave in the thermo pot or your tiger food jar for too long. How long is too long. Cos I intend to cook in morning and eat in the evening.

jascmy,

looks similar to manduca carrier too... have u try it? how's the support at the waist? any pressure on your shoulder??

MVH > at least your gal is like 8-9kg already? Mine is a mini lor....so she needs to eat and drink well...else lose weight fast...plus v active these days...in fact her face has become smaller...sigh....

ydae i made carrot pumpkin n fish porridge..tasted it myself...nice lei but she kepy turning head away or tried to beat the spoon when it was near her mouth..and also end up porridge on her face, hands, walker...except into her mouth...lol....

jascmy, the carrier is cheap, how long have u used it already. No backache after carrying baby for 2 hours? Is it easy to use?

スーザン,Rachel, I used it for 1 week. yesterday went out shopping and visiting my Mum for 3hrs and I still feel energetic. No pressure at shoulder at all cos of the waist support but my waist do feel a bit aching. Its not backache. The pain come from the side of my waist. But very mild pain only. The cushion is made of thin cloth and thin cotton so it won't make Bb feel warm. My boy can also sleep in a position (back straight).

Suika, I spend only $25.90. Cheap hor. Not sure till Bb how big. Maybe someone can ask the seller and let me knw.

jascmy,

cool~~ how long does it takes to reach u?

someone has asked about it n here's the seller's reply :

You can use it until your baby is 15 kg, that is about 4 or 5 years old (if your baby is not too big).

Anyone knows if mamil gold is the sweetest? i find it very sweet and my boy rejected the cereal when i add fm to it. Then i tried without fm and he finish all and wants more.

But he is ok when i made fm for him to drink.

スーザン, the seller's service is really good. I ordered on 17 Feb and received a reply informing that its out of stock and new stock will only arrived on 28 Feb. Then on 21 Feb I received another email informing that she have send it out and I received it on 25 Feb.

jascmy, thanks for the feedback [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And thanks for sharing too.

Back