(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

anyone start bb on solid ? my bb is 4.5 mth and i bought the nestle rice cereal for 6 month one for her . start this evening , mix with her milk and is so watery , how to feed ! haha ... and normally she drink 7oz of milk , then when shall i feed her with cereal ? cereal as tea time snack ? or full meal ? cos when she hungry i feed her cereal , she eat a bit then angry n cry cos she want milk !

White_lady, I haven't start solids for my gal yet but what I did to my elder gal is give cereal in e mid-day or after she nap n wakes up happily.. Give her half of her usual milk feed first then feed her a few spoons of cereal for the 1st few days.. Then give her the other half of milk feed.. Till she get used to the cereal n eat more, u can reduce her milk intake for that feeding.. Slowly bit by bit.. When she is happy wif that meal, intro another feed near evening time..

MVH, he is still on nebuliser. hope can recover fast but so far i cannot see muchimprovement, hb said got improvement but i can't see. maybe i hope to see magic.

alibaba, poor boy hor. nevermindla, see how. hope to get to op done asap. i dunno if he is in pain or not. he is cranky today.

Semi-solids:

my gal is on brown rice powder for 4 months plus. the brand is si sen moon rabbit or something like that.. (mum's recommendation) i feed once a week.. so far so good.. will be increasing it to more feeds soon

mamyvelle: just called them n ask?

Whitelady, same here .. After eatin cereal, she for cry for milk

And I oso mix till quite watery cos scare too thick scare her digestive sys cannot function fully yet ..

I m using happy bellies brown rice cereal

White Lady,

haha 2nd bb shouldn't be so inexperience right??

anyway, i haven't start solid on my boy yet.

but for my gal, I start off my mixing the cereal in the milk for 1 feed, and yes it will be watery, slowly then increase to 2 feeds..

when she get used then replace 1 feed with cereal feed on bowl which is thicker, put the cereal powder on bowl, then slowly add water, stir the cereal until like porridge.

Hi all mummies,

It's been a long time since I post in this forum. I've been busy with my twins since they came to this world in Aug. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Currently, I am having some feeding problem with my boy. He's on milk strike and whenever the teat gets into his mouth, he will cry and push the bottle away. He take one hour or more just to finish 120ml of milk. Sometimes can only take 50ml even 1hr had passed. This is worrying...may I know if any mummy faced the same problem as me? He's on FM and only had EBM once a day. He is taking 120ml every 3 hourly. We told the PD at KKH and she gave an alternative which is to stretch to 4hrs feed but got to do night feed. I'm a working mum and it's very tiring to do that. Thus I've no choice but to force my boy to finish up the milk even though he refused. I ever tried to stretch up to 3.5hrs too, he also refused to drink.

Mamyvelle, can... I brought my boy 2 weeks ago to the Singapore Flyer. FOC for both my kids. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi morning all.

anyone bf and had tummy upset before.. wat medicine is safe to eat for bfing? me tummyache this am. and LS..can still BF right?? only know flu is ok to BF. how bout tummy ache?

Alibaba, I LS last time I also bf.. Seen doc, he gave me some medicine to stop diaherra n probiotics.. I think e probiotics is quite good coz a few weeks later, I sense my tummy not good again, LS 2-3times.. I quickly eat probiotics (not medicine to stop LS) n it works!!

babyhopepath, I have the same problem too.. change countless milk bottles le. in the end no choice I latch him everytime he feeds. But since you are working, i suppose its not possible for you.

Maybe its time to stretch his feeding intervals? I'm only feeding my son 4 times a day now on demand, ard every 5 hr (was 3, stretch to 4, now 5) dreamfeed him btn 10 - 12 at night and usually will last him till 7 or 8 next morning. how much he drinks cannot be determined since i only latch him, but he drinks from both breasts, and I think I can safely say it is more then 120ml each time.

Ann ... my mum lor , keep saying so high dunno can anot. haha , how come both free? ur girl also?

mummies with girl , what kind of socks to wear when wearing mary jane shoe so the sock won't be seen?

babyhopepath,

my gal same problem as ur boy too..am oso feeding her 120ml 3hrly.. but she will always refused to drink.. so today i stretch her feeding to 4 hrs.. earlier feed (after 4hrs) my gal can guai guai finished 150ml.. hopefully later she be tis way too..

Hi madam yip

i m actually in the same condition. My bb doesn't drink often. Moreover my breasts doesn't engorge or don't feel full anymore n bb refuse bottle. So no choice but to feed him by syringe .

every feeding is such a battle. Do u still feel engorgement or full breast?

Madam Yip & Bermi,

Did your bb lose weight after you all stretch the feeding time? I noticed mine only gain 0.1kg every week since he started the "battle". For the past mth, he can easily gain about 0.2kg every week. I even tried changing the bottle teat to M size for him so that he will not have a hard time sucking, but most of the milk flow out of his mouth instead.... As I am having twins, the milk pump is not enough to feed him throughout the day. Furthermore, I have problem latching on too. sigh...also dunno how to do.

Af7680,

I can understand what you mean by battle. My boy can cry so loud that even my neighbour also can hear and feedback to us. Does syringe helps in your feeding? Does your bb make noise if feed by syringe?

hi everyone,

I am reporting from work..

Finally, all my boys tests are done and waiting for result in 2 weeks time.. Hope all are well.

My boy is now feeding every 4-5hrs with 150-180ml EBM..

How do you know we is teething? My maid say can see white blocks at his gums.. and say that is teeth.. is that true?

babyhopepath,

i only started to stretch her feeding hours today.. so i'm nt too sure of the weight gain.. will only kn next mon when i bring her for vaccination.. previously, my gal would only drink at most 60ml then the rest of the 60ml i had to force her or spoon fed her then she will finish.. surprisingly, she din make any noise when using spoon.. she even seems to enjoy licking the spoon..

he cry n cry only . all because we dun let him sleep on that Sunday only.

4 month only. . where got so fast go into eating solid. No sight of white block at his gums.

Babyhopepath

bb cries when feeding him by syringe. I feel sad to hear but no choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

he is tall but the amount that he can drink is only 80-100 per feed ( which I force by syringe every 3-4 hrly). Every feed every day I m very worried sigh

babyhopepath,

my son at last check up is in the 25th percentile, when he is 3 mths plus after his feeding start to stretch. he is about 100 grams short of his ideal weight, so it really doesn't bother me much. But since then he has grown quite noticeably and gotten heavier so I assume he is putting on weight.

Af7680,

as the feeding time stretches, you wont feel as engorged as before when you are breastfeeding every 3 hrly. it is normal. I seldom get engorgement also, breast just feel full near feeding time. Also must drink a lot of water. Usually right after breastfeeding I will down 2 glasses of water, sometimes more. Read somewhere here that to maintain breastmilk amount have to drink up to 14 glasses each day. Latching baby will also help to maintain your supply, so never mind if you feel you don't have much breastmilk, continue to latch so your brain will register that your baby need breastmilk, then will start producing more.

Funny thing is, sometimes the way we think will affect our supply. My sister told me she worries that after she go back work how to give breast milk then who knows, she really stop producing breastmilk right before she start work. So I keep telling myself that my baby needs breastmilk, so I must keep producing.. kind of self psycho.. so far so good, still have supply, so I must continue to psycho myself to produce milk haha.

Af7680,

u got try spoon feed instead? mayb ur bb wont cry tt much liao.. my gal seems happy using spoon to feed milk... cos she can lick & bite the spoon.. .

Madam yip

thanks for advice n encouragement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

envy u In a sense that ur breast feel full just before nursing time( my breast feel full only after 6 hrs or so)

but will try to think positively.I will do my best to feed bb breast milk for about an year. Jia yo !

Ber-Mi

thanks for the suggestion .

I tried but spoon also not so easy to my bb as he moves his head n hands to interfere- spills many times ( maybe I m not skillfull).

My hubby tries very hard to try bottle every time. Hopefully it works

Af7680 / bermi

Understand ur frustrations n worries! Perhaps u cld try the doidy cup. When my gal was on bottle strike she didnt mind feeding from the cup. U can search for videos on bbs using the doidy cup on youtube. But do expect some spills. Hope things improve soon!

Af7680

For my gal's case, initially when jus started her on spoon she would oso move here move there then wat we did was grab a toy to attract her attention 1st so she would keep her head still. For hands I would let one of her hand go behind my back there and her other hand I would hold it (my gal loves grabbing my fingers) like this easier to spoon feed her..

Ange,

Thanks for the suggestion! I searched thru YouTube on the doidy cup.. Feel like trying cos nw my gal when I cradle hold her she would always wan sit up.. So was thinking if use the cup then she can sit up to drink right? And the milk to put into the cup, each time can only put a small amt? Where did u buy the cups from?

i all, ive 2 jumperoo for sale.

i bought one for my hse and my MIL's hse.

both are used for a couple of months only and is 9/10 in condition.

im selling at $160 each.

kindly email to [email protected]

collection at bukit timah.

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4890604.jpg]

Hi all,

I need advice fr u gals.. My gal can't sleep from 12+am onwards.. Everynite for 2.5weeks Liao. Sometimes 2-3hrs later managed to swing her in yaolan n sleep.. Sometimes can't and have to struggle to swing her in yaolan for 4-5hrs then sleep.. I m super duper tired though I m not working but I m not used to nap a long time in e day.. Hence sleep deprivation..

Can I ask how did yr bb sleep? Auto sleep? Yaolan? Rock n pat?

I read fr e Internet n got one website said bb fr 4months starts to sleep like adults means transit from light sleep(REM sleep) to deep sleep frequently.. Hence if bb dunno how to sleep by herself, she will keep waking up 15-20mins later.. Which happens to my gal.. I really dunno what to do or help her to sleep.. My hubby ask me to delay her bedtime fr 8pm to 10pm.. But she is cranky at 8pm n wanna sleep.. So normally she sleep fr 8pm in yaolan n wakes up ard 10-11+pm n start the torturing routine.. Note that when she is in yaolan j need to swing most of the time too.. Pls help!!

MVH,

Did u switch on lights?? is it she thought that it's still day time so doesn't wants to sleep??

if she in yaolan and in swing mode, will she fuss??

if she don't then u can invest the electronic one, then on it, u can rest liao lo...

my boy sometimes will auto sleep on bed, sometimes need carrying on arm, he'll sleep bet 8 to 10pm.

If u put her beside u on bed, will she fuss or cry??

Hi all,

My gal is still on 2 hourly feed. Each feed ard 60-80mL. I would like to stretch to 3 hourly but she cries for milk 2 hrs aft last feed. How do you stretch the feeding interval? Just let her cry?

I tried to give her more but she will auto stop at 80mL and refuse to take in anymore.

Morning all.

Almost all our baby are hitting the 4th mth stage.

Did most of your baby have too much energy that want be awake in the middle of the night, day time sleep and dun wan to drink milk ?

Ange,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try using doidy cup for my boy's feed. But i think i'll need help during feed as my boy very active, he will twist and turn his body like a snake. How old is your bb when u started on doidy cup?

Ber-mi, isn't it going to take very long to feed using spoon? And I afraid I'll spill more rather than get it into his stomach. Did you have someone by your side to help you during feed?

MVH, my girl sleep in yaolan whereas my boy sleep in cot. When come to sleep time, my girl will twist and turn his body in yaolan, even lift his head up. It can be very frustrating at times, also turn at least 30mins to pat her in yaolan to sleep at times. As for the boy, he just need to carry to sleep then put him to cot. U try not to let your bb sleep too much during daytime, it might helps. When my bbs are about 2mths+, i also faced the same problem as u. But as they gets older, they skip night feed and able to sleep from 10+pm till next morning 6am.

MVH

ur gal seems to have some slping problem. i have fren's gal also like tat.when she is older than outgrown it... now better liao.. her gal used to slp in big rocker and rock to slp..ev night without fail with whine or cry.. tink u have to try hard not to let her slp so early.. shower her around 7+ den play with her and let her slp around 9+.. my boy also will be tired at 8+9+.. if he super tired. i latch him immediately his eyes are closed.. if his not tired.. take some time to fall slp.. hardly can pat on bed to slp. normally my maid will carry him to slp and give him one btl of milk.. but he doesnt slp thru.. 2+am will wake up for milk de..

Eeyore, i switched off the lights but i left one near the door..

if she is in yaolan n swing mode, she might fuss n cry when she gets too tired.

dunno wanna invest electronic one or not.. coz not cheap n scare she only uses awhile.. (my elder gal use yaolan for only 4months n reject it)

sometimes i leave her on my bed beside me, she will lift up her head, talk alot, suck hands then after a while if no one bothers her, she will cry..

really dunno what to do lor..

last nite sleep 8-845pm, 10-1145pm, 3-545am, 7 till now.. tired sia..

i already restrict her nap to 2 hoping that she can sleep more at nite, but still the same.. ;(

Ahnah, my gal is one of them..

babyhopepath, sometimes i can swing the yaolan for 1+hrs, thought she sleep liao, stop for 5-10mins, she fuss again! *faintz*..

I counted the no of hr she slept yesterday.. only 12+hrs in 24-hrs.. short-fall of 2+hrs..

MVH,

try cry out loud method? one night she know no one hiew her, den probably she will stop. dont tend to her at night if she wan to play.

must slp 14 hrs meh.. i tink hor.. my boy shld be not enough slp also.. haa nap around 3hr . night from around 9- 6+ or 7+am in between still wake up for milk. total around 12hrs also.

I tinking to start solid only next jan when dd is ard 5.5 to 6 mths. now start to source out different brands of cereal..

for those feeding their bb cereal, may i know which brand u all using?

i'm considering healthy Times, happy bellies & Organix.

any comments? Thanks

ahnah

my maid buy her own one... some maid will request certain brand. den u give her a cutoff $$ to buy lor. if over the amount, then she has to pay for it.

alibaba, but the maid only join us for 4 month .. no salary yet. Her $10 monthly allowance where got enough to buy Dove type of shampoo.

MVH, my hb and I also cannot take it where she wake up to play at night and refused to sleep. Thus my hb invested on electronic one which cost around $150. We find it quite worth it and useful if we have things to do and do not have time to tend to her. But then, now she has new pattern(turn and fuss in yaolan), I usually will rock her till almost asleep then start the machine. Some oldies said that no good to rock too much as it will become a bad habit for the bb whereby no rock = no sleep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ange

tks for the suggestion. Think will try the doody cup. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

madam yip

yep now I keep that in mind more. I remember that I was very thirsty after eaching nursing last time but nowdays I m not that thirsty. Strange.

Ber-Mi

yep. I think tried but my bb moves like a worm - streach , arch body continuous [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] . Need hubby to help sometimes.

Back