(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Valeria

I did slimming massage and radiofrequency to shape up and slim down, together with a healthy diet.. Total did about 10 sessions can said I slim down very effectively [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Sito go meet up with frens, go shop shop & do things u enjoy and relax. Heard from my fren who suffer from post natal blues: she will keep crying & crying without knowing why but just keep feeling very upset.

 
Yah I stop bf before return to work cos my work env not conducive to pump n my lunch break only 30mins! Dun envy me lah, I dunno cry how many times becos of engorgement. It's so scary I dunno if I would want to bf again if I got a second child.



I dunno y I perpetually tired one eversince I give birth. I can't rem how it felt like to be well rested. Everyday got endless things to do, really v tired. Sometimes I feel like just going away for a few days to rest but "she bu de" my bb. Sigh.



Sito, maybe u also tired like me so will be more emotional n stressed?

 
sito,

Don't worry so much abt bfing. If pumpng is stressing u out, then perhaps u can let ur baby go on partial bm. Don't get stressed up becoz of rushing here there to pump milk...



side track, where did u do your slimming sessions?

 
happy bee: i used to be engorged frequently, nv clear properly kena mastitis and worse still developed into abscess & did surgery.. at that time everyone including the breast surgeon told me to stop breastfeeding so i can recover faster. i didn't.. that's why i do not want to give up as i have endured so much already..



sito: me too and i think i abit crazy leh.

i am super attached to my bb.. one nite nv sleep with her i will cry! and i cannot let anyone carry her for too long, i will have an urge to carry her back.

 
sito *pat pat.

me also. at times i feel so lousy..but im so happy to see my boy smiling @ me all the time.

Look @ ur ger, u will slowly feel that the tired or so is worth it!



I fall in love w him! keep taking photos! haa..



im going back work le... i dun feel engorged one lei. means no milk is it? ya..my highest record for both breast is 140ml like tat nia...



will stil bf him till i really botak..

only veri paiseh if i go back work then pump a 40ml and store into the fridge~! hahaha.



Bring my cooler bag and hide.. keke

 
Hi JP & suntan:



I noticed that there are many other online shops selling socks of similar or even the same design much cheaper but doesn't comes with the nice gift box. For example, Hamptons Variety Girls cost only $15 instead of $38.40. You might wanna take a look.



http://moomoofarmsg.com/categories/Moo%252dBaby-Accessories/Socks/

http://babyhub-online.com/products-page/apparels-and-hair-acc/socks/

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400824488

http://www.facebook.com/mummypreciousboutique#!/album.php?aid=20558&id=100001425711797

 
kepsis (milk intake drop):



my bb milk intake has increased from ~500ml back to >650ml the last few days. But his intake at each feed is quite funny. Most of the time he take 120ml in 1 feed, but sometimes can only finish half at first and wait another hr to finish the other half. But everyday at 2-3pm, he can drink >200ml!!! At ~midnight he oso can take more ~150ml.



We asked the PD yesterday and here are her comments:



1) Monitor bb weight gain: my boy gained 1kg over the past 5 weeks which is considered acceptable.



2) Weight percentile: my bb is 5.55kg at 12th week. He's at the 25th percentile. Althou on the lower side, but it's still normal. Furthermore, my bb's birth weight oso on the lower side.



3) Some babies got their "pattern" and will drink more when they r more awake or when they r sleepy etc. So monitor and see what r the conditions when he will drink more. And during those periods that he can drink more, it's ok to feed more.



4) Such cases usually just a phase. So long as bb weight gain etc is still ok don't need to worry so much. For the next few months, we'll be bringing bb to PD every month for jab so will continue to monitor his weight gain and follow-up with PD.

 
cheese: haha! i also, only one pump bottle at work and yet i still bring pump, ice pack and cooler bag to & fro work.. morn time i will put my ice pack in my pantry's freezer. after i pump i will put the icepack and bottle into my cooler bag and keep at my desk. coz i dun wan to put my milk in the office fridge! my office fridge very dirty lor. somemore my milk also small amt haha..

 
hahaha Sweetkiss, i oso get jealous over bb easily! want to carry bb more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but hor my MIL always want carry carry then when bb cry she ask me go take pacifier la, take tis take dat... y not i carry she go take... angryzz

 
Last night, my boy like drink little milk lei.. 7pm only drink 50ml.. 10pm give him DF, he only drink 110ml (usual is 160ml).. 5.40am also only drink 110ml (usual is 160ml).



Wondering what's wrong with him. Not hungry meh? I still purposely drag his feeding time from 1am to 5.40am lei.. thought he should be hungry like hell liao.



Weird boy.



Jealousy over BB: I won't get jealous if other pple carry my BB but I just dun like the maid to carry my boy too much. Maybe I am just biased with the maid. Last night, I am bringing BB home (he stayed over on Mon), she ask me why i bring BB home twice.. I just told her no why.. i just wanna bring BB home.. in the end, she say come early tomorrow ok? I am wondering why so sticky to my BB?

 
Sweetkiss - my office fridge also not that clean besides lots of male in my office using the fridge...so what I do is to a plastic and paper bag to hide my milk bottles...and stick a notepad with a "DO NOT TOUCH"! So far nothing happens

 
Ya Ann, i prefer my bb stick to my MIL rather than to the maid then... I stay with my IL where there's a maid there. Every morning my SIL will bring my nephew over. Nephew super stick to maid lor... nightmare in middle of slp will want maid to cuddle him. I see le i tell myself i don't want let this happen to my girl. So... i try to do everything myself, seldom let her carry.

She seems to like carrying bb lor i complain to my own granny, my granny says cos maid carry bb liao no need do housework ma...

 
SK,

i hand pump on mon coz forgotten to bring pump to ofc....i pump in to handicap toilet all these while...no nid to throw away lah...like Eliss i oso put the bottles inside a plastic bag so ppl open wun see if not i so paisey coz ofc mostly guys

 
quartzie: Quite true lei. The maid also like that.. when BB sleep, she will just sit by his side and look at him. I told her when he sleeps, she can go do housework. No need look at him. Slowly slowly she get the idea that she still need to do housework and take care of BB during daytime. But hoh, if BB stay overnight, it's my MIL who look after at night ma, not her. So why she so interested in asking BB to stay over? Too sticky to my boy liao.. i dun like.

 
quartzie: same! when it is bb milk time i am the one who make milk and she wanna feed. not i dun want to let her, but u know how she feed? with bb sitting on her lap facing the front and bottle pointing slightly up. teat not filling with milk. she dunno how to feed at all!



ann: ur bb too cute la so ur maid wanna play with him..



Eliss: haha!!! but my office fridge too many junk and abit smelly. so i dun wanna put my milk there..



ann: i think ur bb too cute lah ur maid want to play with him...

 
Sweetkiss: She told me she got 3 daughters and she always wanted a son. But her hubby passed away in car accident, so no more BB liao. I think that's why she love my son so much. But that makes me worry cause I scared she take my son as her own son lei.

 
Ya Ann/sweetkiss I oso don like them trying to be close to my bb!!

There's 1 day I asked my 2 yr old nephew "u like mama or papa more?" he ans" auntie more!" *pengz*

 
quartzie: That is what I am afraid of. I don't wan my kid to say he love the maid more when I have sacrifice so much for him. We are the ones who go thru the pregnancy, the labour pain or under the knife to give birth to them, the time we spend to be a cow for them, then number of hours we wake up in the night to feed them, cuddle them and take care of them, etc. Why should they love maid more than mummy or daddy?

 
hi,

i would like to organize bulk purchase for Enfalac A+. Minimum order is 12 tins, but i only need 6 tins. Is anyone interested to share with me?

Price is $39.70 per tin (900g). NTUC selling $43 per tin.

Pls kindly pm me or email to [email protected] if you are interested.

 
Hi Irene



You went to Dr Agnes Tay yesterday for vaccination? Did she do the physical checkup for your bb? I realise that my bb's PD at Gleneagles did not do the physical examination for him when he was one month old when he was there for his jab. The health booklet for this one month examination was left blank! I also did not realise till recently! I am such a blur mum! the PD should auto check right, no need for us to remind them.

 
Charliebrown

Not necessary... I think it's a much better time to assess ur bb at 3-4mths. 1mth as long he/she is putting on weight, all is gd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Charliebrown: Dr Agnes Tay is from Alpha Baby Clinic at JE? My bb also sees her for her jabs coz I took their pkg.

On the first mth she did access bb and recorded in the health booklet.

Same for third mth. She will check bb’s development before the jab.

 
Hey ladies.



Was actually thinking of organising a family trip to Bintan but my in law side not interested to go.



Now, I am thinking of bringing my boy to HK in Dec. He will be 6mths old but i understand the weather will be cold.



Is it advisable to bring him in such a weather? What do I need to take note of if I really bring him to HK in Dec?

 
Hi Jellypurin, thanks! Tot the Pd was lazy..haha.



Hi Sweetkiss,



Yeah, is the same Dr Agnes Tay. Cos that time I was deciding if to switch to Dr Tay..haha, now still thinking. this Sat is my bb's first 5 in 1 jab. How much is the vaccination package? Your bb is taking 5 in 1 jab too? My bb's Pd has no package, is $380 per jab (with rotavirus and pneumococal). Think is very exp...

 
Ann, I've read reviews about Amahs on wheels, seems they're quite professional. But quite ex.



I've been to Hkg a few times in Dec. Find the winter not too cold. I suggest layering, wear long sleeves, pants, bring sweaters, blanket. If too hot can remove blanket, then sweater etc. Day time is ok, night time maybe a bit cold. Hkg is a lot of fun, plus food very very yum!

 
Eliss: Woah.. is that too cold for BB? I know for adult is quite cooling provided no wind.. but I think too cold for BB right?



Babycoco: OMG!! Seems like a lot of things to bring for a BB. Haha!! Then must go buy extra clothing too.

 
Charliebrown n sweetkiss,

I also go to Dr Tay when Skyler is sick. But wr decided not to do the jabs with them cos it's quite expensive n everytime must pay for consultation. Gg to do the jabs at GP. No need to pay consultation charges.

 
Suntan - mine will talk and talk when she's awake.



Ann - my HKG colleague says can be quite windy at that time.

 
Ann,

as long as you bundle baby up warmly, should be no prob. but just be careful with HK pollution and air travel since you'll be in an enclosed environment. winter is flu season

 
suntan: Normally i will talk to bb or put him in the rocker to play.



ica: Ya hoh... thanks for reminding me on the flu season. Seems like not gd for bb to travel during that season in HK.

 


ann, it's true about winter being the flu season. we went with my 5year old nephew in 2006 and he got a very bad cold from that trip.

 

Back
Top