(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Fazzy

Maybe u can try hand expressing fir a while? Also, r ur nipples hurt bcos u are using funnels that do not match ur nipple size? If using medelaa pumps, maybe u should get e personal fit funnels...

 


Sweetkiss

My bb smiles and laugh alot to my hb but hardly does that to me..she only cry when she sees me coz want me to carry her!

 
Happy bee: ya me also csect. got the same feeling too, sometimes a bit pain also. me about 10 weeks le, i heard it will take a long long time to completely heal.

 
Happy Bee: I also have C-sect.. but i don't feel pain.. but numb just above the area of my C-sect line. Gynae say it is normal.. will take 6 months to heal.

 
good morning mummies!



came back from genting ytd and bb was crying till very poor thing since 7pm-11pm. think he missed genting! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ann,



the trip was great. bb proved us wrong. we were happy to bring him along. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hb was scared that bb will be diff to handle as he is usually quite cranky at home esp at nite..



but we were able to handle him and our #1 very well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just that other than latching him, i also need to pump and throw my milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] cos theres no fridge to store them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Vivi: Oh I see.. great to hear that your trip was good. I am intending to bring BB to Bintan in Dec for a family holiday. Hopefully he will be much easier to handle as he will be 6mths by then. Hehe!!

 
ann,



yup. cos hb always compare #1 and bb and said tat #1 is more user friendly. keke. so lucky bb pass the test. so we are going to bring the boys to hokkaido this yr end. yeah!

 
OMG!! Hokkaido!! That is a real challenge lei.. I am thinking of bringing my boy to Taiwan next yr end nia. Cause daddy say go so far no use.. so ex and he won't remember. Haha!!

 
Ann, me too. Bringing baby to Indonesia for cousin's wedding in Dec. Right now just bringing her to Orchard Rd is an event.

Can't imagine traveling.



I notice my heart seems to beat faster when I pump os breastfeed. Is it normal?

 
ann,



true.



my #1 went to jpn when he was 6mths old, 1 yr old to korea, 2 yr old to hokkaido, 3 yr old to melbourne. and he only remember bit of hokkaido which is fruit picking and everything abt melbourne.



he requested for a winter holiday . to play with snow. so we obliged.

 
Vivi: wow u bringing bb n ur #1 along to japan? I dun even hv confidence to bring bb out!!! Btw u still hv e via cups? Can I drop by to get it fr u if u still hv?? Tks tks!

 
Valerie - The IFC so far so good for my boy... only sometimes the teacher will miss out some of his used item into his bag.. other then that everything ok.. ya...+ the principal is new there so she will be abit blur...

 
kepsis,



yup. i still hv it with me. where do u stay?





ya bring both of them. think a real challenge since its winter time. we brought #1 to jpn when it was snowing too. and shucks. lotsa of things to bring and a heavy bb as they need to wear their winter clothes.

 
Now I only got confident in traveling in Singapore.. haha!!



Maybe after Dec trip to Bintan, I will have more confident to bring him further by flight.

 
Hey mummies.



I need a part time cleaner who can come once a week or once every 2 weeks to clean my 5 room flat.



Must not be scare of dogs cos I have 2 small ones.



If you have good part time cleaner to intro, do let me know.



Thanks.

 
Fazzy, maybe u try hand express. Last time I also use pump to express den quite sore n still the breast is full. Then I use hand express, can express a lot more out n not so forceful on the breast. It's very messy though.

Haiyo c sect really takes a long time to heal. So sian, I dun even dare to exercise now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
babycoco: Are they good? Never tried them before. Actually I have one but then I lost her number liao. Sob Sob!!

 
happy bee: how long to do hand express each time? i am thinking of hand expressing every 3hrs for 5-10mins because i can only pump in office once during lunch time. as a result of this my supply decreased. last time milk from one boob can provide more than one feeding. now express both boobs cant even make up 1 feeding! i am thinking of expressing by the sink in the handicap toilet... abit wasteful but at least it can keep my supply going..

 
hi all mommies,



Hope all of you are doing well. Really been so busy with my work and of cos my little notti fella at home...so not much time to login to say hi.



Saw some pictures of the PS..think all the mommies and bb look wonderful...i show it around and all have very positive comment..



I think we all have started to adapt to all our bb..now even planning to bring them for a trip...i intend to bring my bb n whole family to a trip too...just concern he will get sick or what ...

 
Hi mummies.. Have a qns to ask..

I hear Wen bb is abt 4mths right, can let them start eating me hu (hanyu pinyin) izzit?? Have any mummies start? How does we go abt doing it? I hear is put together with the milk n give bb try.. See whether they like or not.. True??

 
jasline, what is me hu? is it like cereal? i've heard that babies can start solids at 4 mths. however, i will still wait till bb turns 6 mths before giving solids. i was told that bb's stomach maybe not "matured" enough to digest solids so soon, they might bloated very easily.

 
me hu => brown rice cereals if im not wrong.



jasline,



you can do that too. But not that good cos feeding helps bb to achieve another milestone.

 
mummies,



i know this has been discussed quite a few times. but can repeat your advices again? TIA.



my boy nvr poo since friday liao. so now he very pek chey. hw to make him poo???

 
vivi: you can feed a bit of barley water. go to those chinese medicine store and buy china barley and then boil with water. feed about 10-20ml will do. don't feed too much cos quite cooling. you can also mix into his milk to feed him if you are bottle feeding. That time my boy nvr poo for a few days and after we feed him ard noon, he poo alot ard evening.

 
vivi,

U r good. Brought ur boy to so many place already! Some more winter in Hokkaido. The yr I wanted to travel to Hokkaido, I got preggie with #1. Last yr wanted to go Hokkaido with #1, I got preggie with #2. So I guess Hokkaido with 2 kids in winter is a near-impossible.



Genting was good? U took a coach or drove up? Hubby n I were thinking of just driving up to Malacca with 2 boys and see how it goes

 
Sillyphy,



we wanted to travel to europe last yr but preggie with #2 and # 1 kena chicken pox so we cancel and we lost abt 4k [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



then this yr we almost book the europe trip but hb backed up last min cos he said he scared of didi. cos #2 can cry the whole world down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] keke.



we drove up. #1 enjoyed #2 was zz most of the time. malacca is good. we travel to a'farmosa frequently. my boy loves their zoo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
I hand express abt 20-30min lei. But I only express every 6-7hr cos v lazy so can express quite a lot. I already stop bf now cos return to work n quite sick of engorgement. I spent a long time stopping though, use cabbage also no use, engorge v badly when I tried to stretch the duration or reduce the expressed amt. In the end I raise white flag took the medicine den can stop.

 
vivi,

Drove up to Genting? Use GPS? Hmm, shall discuss with hubby again.



4k? That's alot! I will be super heartpain..

 
sillyphy,



no need GPS. u go to genting web. they teach u hw to reach there.



i used 2nd link. 1st link we are not too sure.

follow the kl sign and once reach kl. follow cheras, then kuantan then u can see genting signboard.



ya 4k inclusive of domestic flights and hotels stay.



i think its easier to travel before they wean. for me i bring all my cooking pots, utensil, chopping board and dried food so that i can cook meals for them.

 
vivi,

Thanks for the directions to Genting.



WHAT! U brought along all the gadgets to cook! Gosh! I can't imagine ur luggage size!



But, u r good. Still can cook for them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Ya, before weaning is best.. only needs milk. we are heading to downunder this dec. This time there's #2. Think he will still be on BF so need not pack all the barang barand for him. Just ME will do.

 
Sillyphy,



no problem.



yup. tats y hb super scared of me. i continue to cook for my boy till he turn 4. now that he is 4 yrs old, he will eat what we eat when we go travel [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



enjoy ur trip this dec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
happy bee: wow.. i also express every 6-7 hrs, sometimes longer than that and maybe becos of this, my supply dropped & i dun even get engorged. even though i can only pump once at work and qty is juz enough for 1 feed, i still bring my heavy pump to & fro office... i know i might as well give up too but still cant bear to.



speaking of holidays, me and hubby going Taipei next april. bb would be 9 mths by then. i wanna bring her but my hb dun wan.. he said will be quite inconvenient. i also not confident to let her sit plane. if she starts getting cranky on board, i think i will panic..

 
Sweetkiss,



if they starts to walk and likes to cruise, then lagi worse. cos they keep wanting to walk around the plane. very tired for me

 
hello mummies,



Wanna ask if I'm down with sore throat & flu & on medication, the milk I expressed, can it still be consumed by my baby?


 
Diapers:



I went NTUC just now and saw a few diapers on promotion. Just want to ask what's the difference between the different Huggies. There's the Red packaging - Dry Comfort, the Blue packaging - Dry, and the Purple packaging - Ultra. Which one is better?



And are PetPet diapers good?

 
I tried all the huggies,find them cheap and good..think petpet not so absorbent like huggies, think huggies and pampers are the best I've tried!

 
Sweetkiss, I stop cos the engorgement is too much to bear n so bad I had to go see lactation consultant twice when I tried to stop. I dunno y also it just won't decrease. Bm v good for bb, I also want to give bm to my bb but the engorgement is affecting me emotionally. So I decided to give up. U no engorgement problem v good must continue.

I am using nepia diapers, I find the quality v good n cheaper than pampers. Also can order online n they deliver to ur doorstep.

 
jastine, u can check out the differences in huggies website... can request for samples too! http://www.huggies.com.sg/free-sample.aspx

I had the pull-up pants samples and my girl doesnt like it! she cried when i put it on till i removed it... haha



happy bee: i see... maybe u really have lots of supply..! u dun pump at work? i'm thinking of stopping soon if supply keeps going down. just started taking tea and supplements to increase supply. dunno got such thing as lesser pump sessions but more milk.. cos even if ss increased, the fact remains that i can only afford to pump every 6-7hrs.

 



Back
Top