(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Serene>> Yes it is. Unless the gynae is negligent or what, then ok lah...but if doc advised the patient liao but patient stubborn dun want to listen, then the blame shldn't be all on the doctor.

 


Just woke up from nap and so many postings liao.



cherry.sue: My stomach had move downwards. Quite a number of pple had commented on that. But I dun think it meant will give birth soon.



Don't take pple's comment to heart. Boy or girl also doesn't matter. As long as BB is healthy. I also asked hubby before what if BB come out turn out to be girl and not boy.. he say also happy cos own BB ma.



cranberries: I never know cranberries are good. Maybe should buy some to eat.



keer13: I thought it is gynae who will determine to do C-sec or continue natural? How come it is the midwife who call the shot?



Sito: 600gm in one week is really alot lei. Maybe u should really consider C-sec.. my gynae did say before if BB is 4kg, then dun bother to do natural, sure cannot come out one. So if u wait further, might hit 4kg.. then still got to do C-sec in the end.



Work contract: My work contract ending early August.. luckily company willing to extend contract for another 2 yrs. So not so worried.

 
few weeks ago my gynae told me he delivered a bb naturally with 4.4kg..

the mother's size is normal lady size, not very tall or big size..so i think it depends on gynae's skill..

 
Sito: Huh! U mean ur gynae wants u to c-sect cos of ur baby’s weight? 3.4kg can’t natural delivery ma?



Carol: Haha.. too bad I am not software designer material. I work in an IT environment providing support and IT solutions for logistics systems.

 
the raffles hospital case is because.. that mommy previously c sect her #1, then #2, she decides to natural.. but there are risk involved. despite the advices, she insist on natural but last min change to c sect which caused the bb to have some brain issues..



dr ang's concern is prob the fact that if have c sect for the previous delivery, perhaps shud stick to c sect for safety reasons..

 
keer13,

oh tat's quite early that u took the shoots. good one since yr hub is the dont like to take photo kind.



btw on mount a, my number 1 took 17hrs labour. and we waited for a long time. also nearly was c-section but gynae waited. so i dont think its the hosp. its the gynae. mayb yr gynae more for thomson, if so, makes more sense to go thomson since gynae prefers.

 
I dunno why but I have a feeling I also may end up getting a C-sect. Cuz during my 5th mth detailed scan, report was that my BB's head circumference a little big, so I think if my BB's 3kg & head not small, will probably end up C-sect le.



But to me, as long as BB & me are safe, be it C-sect or natural birth, am ok.

 
re: vbac

my only opinion is that in SG, not many gynaes have vbac experience hence they tend to be more conservative in their advises to patience on their delivery. however, i feel that it cannot be just the gynae's responsibility to vbac you... how can u as a mom not read/understand the complications vbac may bring and all?



i honestly dun believe that the mommy was not informed at all even if she was informed the day or night before, she could have opted for c-sect. so i think it takes 2 hands to clap - u trust your gynae and you are logical in making decisions of what could be best for both you and bb...

 
Sito,



My #1 was also induced, was in hospital since 8 AM til 3 AM then my boy came out, but my boy was already full term, the induced was taken on the EDD itself. So if u want induced, I think u can try for it, coz my for my case, I also had no contraction at all, so everything start from scratch. I was a 4kg ++ baby when I was born, and was delivered naturally, so it depends if the gynae thinks u can deliver big baby naturally or not... I have also a friend who gave birth to a 4.5kg baby naturally, so discuss with your gynae. I personally feel that it's best to keep our baby til he/she reaches 40 weeks...everything is fully developed...nothing to worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
on the issue of csection n induce birth, I am also in a dilemma. As my hubby is based overseas, the doc has advised him to come back during wk 38 as he estimated that bb will come out during 28 jun to 7 july (my edd was 10 Jul) as the window is too huge, we might induce the birth a few days after hubby arrive, if bb dun pop on her own. To be honest, I dun mind having a csection but my doc is very against and insist on having a natural delivery. I understand where my gyn is coming from but wat if the induce will lead to emergency csection then the costs will be much higher.

 
ya lor.. gynae see us for so many times.. they sure will let us know what to expect and things we shud know esp taking a op like tat..



my gynae was like.. "how can we protect ourselves from such things?" which i agree lor.. dr tried their best, yet they get all these complains and stuff..



and in sgp, drs tend to prep us for the worst scenerio most of the time lor.. lol..



i was telling my hubby... if shes gg for c sect or natural, she would have went online, done research or asked arnd right? this is singapore lei..



i mean, say if i get dr ang to explain things to me, and i might be confused or what, i will also go online to do my own research and understand in detail what... i join forums to ask for similar experiences too..



some pple are like tat, got prob arise, then try to be ignorant and keep saying they dunno anything.

 
Dr Ang is very pro natural de.. thats why that time he tell me he got confidence to natural but not csect.. but i think what sito is worrying is that, if previous is csect, then next one can natural or not.



i was reading a write up on the risk factors of natural and c sect that dr ang handed to me last visit.. it states all risk involved in deliveries..



thou the % of such risk is not high, but he say, read whenever im free to know more lor.. i think its a dr's job to let us know the risk involved, the choices we have and in his opinion, given the condition of the baby and mommy, what method is the best for the safety of mommy and baby...



i have heard of friends who have gynaes who are pro c sect.. and my friends ended up c-sect.. some are pro natural.. so it really depends on the gynae de..

 
Munchies - The slimming pants i never used before recommend by my neighbour.



Jelly purin got used before. She says it worked.



The cost per pants is $200Plus plus , so i & jellypurin tinking to set up BP and buy the items at 20% discount. But we must have 50pcs orderlor.



I confirmed will get 3 pants, so still got 40plus pants to come down ..



Last time i got buy slimming pants but i notices since i very big those pants can only last me less than one year. So now i tinking to buy better quality.

 
I would like to know whose gynaes are pro-natural. Mine doesn't seem so pro-natural. She always tells me - try natural first, but if can't then C-section. Both my colleagues under her, both end up with C-section. My colleague even commented that she is one of the doctors with good C-section skills!!

 
Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC also..

Dr Adrian also..

cant remember some of the names liao..



u can tell the diff de.. gynaes who are pro c sect, normally they will advice u on c sect stuff very quickly...



those who are pro natural, normally they will keep looking out for bb position and seldom mention about c sect unless there may be a risk for natural, then they will start to give u options..



i remember my friend's gynae told her.. "dun be a hero, we are in a modern society.." when my friend asked about natural birth pains and risks etc.. my friend ended up in c sect

 
Lasery: i called her before. she say 32wk n above she dun do unless u really one she do mild mild.



regarding discharge: Mine has always been yellow to green colour. test 3 times no issue but the test was last few wks..



Junie: dun use chemical wash unless is infected & doc ask. My gynae mention dun anyhow wash later worse.



Regarding gynae advice: I think should listen to them since they are professional and why u visit them? Cause you trust them and visting them so many time should have a mutual bond btw both. I want natural but if not allowed, i will go for C-sect. I don't want to risk anything.

 
Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC also..

Dr Adrian also..

cant remember some of the names liao..



u can tell the diff de.. gynaes who are pro c sect, normally they will advice u on c sect stuff very quickly...



those who are pro natural, normally they will keep looking out for bb position and seldom mention about c sect unless there may be a risk for natural, then they will start to give u options..



i remember my friend's gynae told her.. "dun be a hero, we are in a modern society.." when my friend asked about natural birth pains and risks etc.. my friend ended up in c sect

 
mrs long - i kena worst infection 9 yrs ago cause i do douching wash. i thought clean clean good, than gynae told me good bacteria also die when tooo clean.



From that day onwards no more douching for me. Only during period i washed with Chemical washed around the V area. Cause i dont like the smell of blood.



Normal days i will just clean with plain water, dry the area up than put on panty liner.



Every where i go i bring panty liner in the handbag. I change the panty liner 1 day 3-5 times for hyigene purpose.

 
Ceres - The slimming pants best used after we finish our heavy period.



When we no longer period. Cause during confinment sure we will bind our stomach with the massage lady BENGKONG . So i intend to use the bengkong for 1 month. U see the picture below. Bengkong i talking about. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4091554.jpg]

 
where are you girls going for BW?



i'm planning to go for mine this weekend. i heard from my cousin that STRIP requires a gynae letter. Honeypot also requires you to check with your gynae but does not require a letter.

 
cherry.sue: Strip need gynae letter ah? I called them this morning to book an appt before my gynae appt lei. They never say need gynae letter eventhough i told them I am 34 weeks preggy.

 
CT>> I heard of douching but not sure how it's done. I dun douche tho...just wash the area with the feminine wash during shower. Maybe during this period shld stop hor.



RE: BW @ Strip



I remembered I emailed Strip before. Can't remember the details but think u just need to sign an indemnity form or something.



I posted their reply here before but archived oredi.

 
Strip: Did mine sometime back - no need gynae letter. Just sign indemnity form. Even underarm wax also need to sign!

 
managed to find the archived of the reply from Strip



For brazilian waxing, I've received a reply from Strip.



" With regards to your enquiry, please allow me to share with you that for pregnant customers, Strip will only administer waxing treatments to customers who are into their 4th month of pregnancy.



But for customers who are into their 8th to 10th month of pregnancy, we will strongly advise them to seek their gynecologist's approval, before proceeding with the waxing treatment".

 
mrslong,



such a coincident, i also thinking of cutting my hair like yours then make it white blonde. my brother in law hairstylist n told me to wait till i gv birth n after finish confinement then he'l do it for me..cheh so dissapointed. but he said dnt worry after get this hairstyle n color my hair sure become a vogue mummy with high heels n hotpants! haha cant wait to go bck to my old body size.

 
I total have 3 kids, 3rd one coming out anytime next week.



DR Ang said he got patients like my case, 1st child NATURAL Delivery, 2nd child C Section, 3rd child NATURAL Delivery & he got no problem delivering them.





But becoz of the recent RH case, he said got to protect himself incase anything happens he gets sued..so he asked me to sign on my consultation card that he got explain the risk to me..I can understand his position too.





My main concern is the post recovery after C Section GA from my 2nd child, super painful cant walk & lied or sit for nearly a month! Have phobia on C Section GA, but heard its not painful & faster recovery for EPI C Section?





Any mummies done EPI Csection by DR ANG before care to share?

 
Mrs Long - I think my doctor is based in TMC.. He's Lawrence Ang.. Do you think that will make a difference? For me, I also feel that whenever baby move, like no space like that.. Sometimes, I also panic and wonder if the aminotic fluid enuff for him mah?



Any mommies giving birth (natural birth) in Mt A under Dr Ang? Do you all face the same problem?



Yvonne & Sweetkiss - Sorry to hear about your plight.. Hope your company not so "smelly".. Cannot eat your ML de.. I will pray for you ya.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Carol - I also feel like you.. Think you are not alone.. Hee.. I also don't feel like working & sometimes, I feel I'm in ORD mood le.. LOL!



Ann - I also told him the same thing.. He say a lot of time, gynae is not there at the hospital in the initially part till delivery time so he will depends on the midwives to tell him about the status of the delivery. And, if the midwives say need C-section due to XXX reason, he will rely on their information since the midwives is with us all the time.. I'm puzzled.. Should I just change hospital or go to my preferred hospital?

 
aisha: me too, i can't wait to get back to my old body size and most importantly my nose back! it looks like it's been stung! btw, you still sticking to dr heng?

 
Keer13 -- Me...!! face what prob? he very good at natural wor.. very confident guy.. he knows his stuff well..



sito -- yeah, he was telling me, how to protect himself frm all these.. haizz.. i heard from other forums that his stitches (csect) not bad.. when he stitched back for me below, it was neat and good.. i recovered very fast and he was praising himself when he checked me lor.. hahahaha...

 
cherry.sue,

hello longtime didnt see u here, yah i'm sticking to dr heng coz my fren took her also n juz gv birth lst week n she says dr heng is good.

anyways i did post somthng for u to read but nw i cnt rmbr when was d date.. did u manage to read it?

 
keer13: I never heard of such thing lei. Maybe this Saturday i go ask my gynae if got such saying or not cos I also chosen Mt A to deliver. See who actually make the decision to operate or not. I thought gynae should come down and see for himself to determine the situation.

 
hello mummies...



back from my week 36 checkup.. no progress in dilation.. still stays at 1.5cm.. gynae told me can stop the med.. let the labour come naturally, probably next week. baby is getting real big.. 2.8kg.. gain 400g in a weeks time.. i think should get her out soon.. i scare is too big for my size..

 
Rabbit: 2.8kg is a good size. I was 2.8kg when I was born. My mum say I slip out of her very fast. Hehe!!



Durian buffet: Just now i called up to check.. wah.. they fully booked for this weekend lei. Next weekend only serve during dinner nia cos of father's day.

 
cherrysue,

oh i was thanking u for d 2nd emailed. N i think i was saying about wat we'l b getting n wat we'l be spending on.. here roughly wat my fren rcvd frm d hospital



2pieces NB pampers(huggies)

2pieces 'S' pampers(huggies)

miniatures frm Kodomo: detergent for washing bottle, clothes detergent, softerner

Mamil milk powder in satchets

bathtub (extremely small n square) doesnt even look like a bathtub more like a basin..



Spending: $1200 upfront deposit

$400 hepatitis booster (cash)



oh n keep wateva receipt u hv during ur mnthly appointment coz d hospital can rebate u bck on wat u'v spent, but i'm not sure hw mch.



and my fren told me even d niknaks like gloves, apron, scissor etc used during our labor we will b paying for it. can u believe it?

 
ann, haha.. my mum also.. she say head was out on the way to hospital.. water bag amazingly nv broke.



not much weigh gain for me.. despite me eating ba zhang for the past 2 days for lunch.. hehe..



really dislike doing VE checks.. but my gynae says in labour ward the nurses going to do it every few hrs..

 
In KKH the midwives and the doctor on duty will do all the checking such as CTG and other needs. So they will informed Gynae every 30minutes for our development. Once we are almost 6-7cm than they will call our gynae to come over. So while waiting for process of dilating to 8cm, gynae make their own sweet time to c us.

This is for B1 Class patient ( 4 bedded ). For class B1 the admission deposit is $740, upon discharge pay the balance estimated. Any refunds will be 2 weeks later.



For Epidural administer there will be a specialist to do it normally when we are 5-6cm dilate.



Another scheme will be Gynae will be wit you all the way from the labour ward admision to delivery process. That one pay higher gynae fees and belongs to Private Suite ( Class A, Single bedded ) Adminission payable $1K plus for deposit and upon discharge final payment also have to be make



9 and 6yrs ago no television in the KKH labour ward. Now got televison to distract the mummy from the pain and let daddy feel more occupy rahter than sit down do nothing.



Futhermore the $450 for the antenatal medisave claims will be billed to offset the final hospital bills so i tink sure got refunds. Thats what i heard from few of my friends that deliver in KKH after year 2006 onwards..

 
RABBIT,





2.8kg @ week 36 is an ideal weight, unlike me week 37 BB @ 3.4kg.





BB small also worried, BB Too BIG also worried sian!!

 
Sito, my gynae was saying 'stop, enough weight gain'.. haha.. but if this goes on, is really going to be a big baby.. i realized in 3rd trim, baby is really gaining FAST! because when i was towards the end of 2nd trim, baby is slightly smaller.. then now the weight jump and jump!



so i suppose your bb is going to be out next week.

 
Rabbit: Waterbag no break, head can come out meh? For my mum is becos she got stomachache.. thought wanna poop, go toilet.. then realise it's not.. luckily she never poop me into the toilet bowl ah.



Sito: Ya lo.. I think we as mummy always worry alot. But daddy hoh, take it as it comes lo. Like my hubby say, cannot come out then do C-sec lo.. it's ok one. But who is the one kanna cut up and in pain.. us.. mummies!!

 

Hi Ladies, been trying to catch up with the post everyday. But usually after reading, wasnt able to reply already. Hahhaa.



Seems like one by one going to pop.. Me 35weeks going to 36weeks.. Was having pulling pain since morning til afternoon at the right side of my tummy.. ANyone experience that? I not sure if its a cramp or just pulling pain. But been feeling uncomfortable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



So far, my gynae still didnt measure the weight of my baby. Start to worry how I know if i can natural or gotta go for c-sect.. Haiz...

 

Back
Top