(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Ann, yeah. My discharge is slightly greenish yellow but the results came back all clear. N my gyn also say nothing to worry abt. But i just dun understand why the werid color.

 
Mummies if we have discharge, we must eat Yougurt plain ones and drink those vitagen. They supply good bacteria to our body to fight the bad bacteria.



And also avoid sugary food as it also can cause discharge.



Panty liners must change often too..

 
Jelly purin - ok i will buy 3 piece.. lets hope we can get 50pcs order so got 20% off..



Alot leh! $200plus off 20% is $160plus..

 
CT: I drink yakult every night lei.. but still got discharge and seem to get worse after I took Ventolin. I also got mucus discharge too.

 
ct,

hmm not sure about d vitagen part. bcoz i drank vitagen and thats somehow triggers d infection. i suffered frm green discharge n vagina itchy, scratch till it swells abit.. so i stop drinking it.

 
Does the discharge comes with odour?



Cuz embarrassingly, tho I wear pantyliners everyday and wash with Vagilsil, somedays, hv slight discharge with odour le.



Wonder if that's a symtoms for Strep B.



Better ask my gynae for the test next visit.

 
huh? like that .. maybe the infections are very high for the two of you.



My gynae and also GP doctor told me to eat yogurt plain ones and yakult ace light. And no sweets for me. Only fisherman sweets for diabetic can take.



No need insert pills cause discharge are mild.



Only when after birth my 1st son , i got serious infection, discharge was greenish, look like taofu curd, than gynae gave me pill to insert.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4090198.jpg]

 
its not advisable to use feminine wash and wear panty liners for too long. the feminine wash will change the PH level at our genital area and panty liner will cause heat and moist. try to ventilate more and avoid food like cheese, dairy products.



cranberries and plain yogurt is good. drink plenty of water too.

 
has any mummies experienced baby "moving down"? my family and friends were telling me that if the baby "moves down", it means you're about to pop anytime.



oh! and has anyone who's expecting a boy/girl have people telling you otherwise based on the shape of your tummy?



i've been told COUNTLESS TIMES that i look like i'm carrying a baby boy (when my gynae has told me that she's a girl) to the point that i keep asking my gynae to re-affirm my baby's gender. it's so upsetting to hear "oh looks like boy hor" when my husband has practically painted my house pink and when all the stuff i've bought are in shades of pink. grrrrrrrrrrrr

 
CT

it looks like a stylish corset! where did u buy that? is it one size fits all?



mrslong

my strep B test scheduled for next visit but i asked doc, its my one & only strep B test before delivery. dun knw if its routine test tho'



jaclyn

check for dilation? that's fast - when is yr EDD?

 
munchies: erm..nt sure work for preggies or not..but be4 i gt preggy i wore the slimming pants for belly n tummy..really gone dwn like 5kg in 2-3mths..n it's without excerising..(depends on each person btw)



i had my swap done on the 33 weeks and Dr. Ho was gentle with it..nt like the previous checkup which he had to open up the V area to check if there's any bleeding..damn painful..



erm..luo han guo shldn't be a prob bah..i even drink liang teh like xia gu chao n yang sheng with chrysanthmun...so far no prob wor..



serene: yappy..yogurt n cranberries is gd gt for us..but cranberries eat too much tend to run toliet for pee many times a day coz it cleanses the urinary pipe. nt adviceable for diabetic mummies coz high in sugar content if get those preserve de..unless can tahan the sourness for fresh 1..

 
cherry sue

my baby has moved down but not engaged yet doc said [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
cherry.sue -- baby moving down also known as lightening is part of the process at the later stage of pregnancy. it may not mean that u are gg to pop but it means that ur bb is preparing for arrival.



as for the shape... pple say pointed is boy, round is girl.. but for me, its the opposite. got kopitiam aunties all guessing mine is a boy until i told them its a girl. dun bother about all these la.. our tummy shapes is based on how our body cater to the size of the growing baby.. most imptly, bb is healthy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
cherry.sue,

me too! those coffee shop aunties always guess that mine's a boy but it's not. generally, what Serene said is true. guess we don't fall into this category lor - the odd ones out. hehehe

 
Gonna fix an appt for my haircut b4 my F8 PS. Thought of getting this haircut. Now face becomes so round, so limited hairstyles suitable for my face shape now. So depressing, hehee.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4090429.jpg]

 
Yup, likewise for me 10 out of 10 strangers asked if it’s a boy.

Even my mum too and kept pestering me to re-confirm with my gynae.

When I attended my relative’s wedding dinner recently, all my other cousins and relatives were telling me is a boy due to my pointed tummy.

They said if I am carrying a girl, I would have swollen face and feet.

But I just brushed everyone off saying that all these are old wives’ tales and not accurate.

 
munchies>> I used to have square face, quite broad too. From long hairstyle, I cut it to pretty short...quite suitable tho'. So maybe u can try?



Even my stylist also said surprisingly short hair look gd on me.



But now preggie liao, face become round, like bloated....aiyo.

 
Hi Grace - I took in Wk 28-29, i think.. It was as a birthday gift to myself.. Need that to use as a excuse so hubby will compile to go take with me.. If not, he's that type that hates to take photo de.. Haha...



Hi Shann - Thanks for the guide for the play pen.. Yeah, I will ask hubby to try again.. Yo, you better start washing the baby clothes le cos rainy, these few days.. Better wash & get it off your chest.. I had washed those 0-3 months baby clothes, now, contemplating if I should just wash 3-6 months old de.. Hee..



Hi Fazzy - Yes, 8 is a liitle too little.. It's really tough to choose but will keep the $$ to spend on other baby items..



Hi Vernie - Yes, I think location is a great idea.. So, for those staying nearer each other, probably, can meet up more often or provide some support in case help is needed.. :p Can all mommies email me, if they intend to state down their location.. Thanks!

 
keer13 - I pmed you abt joining the playgroup.



mrslong - i dun hve the courage to chop my hair off. Been waiting for the longest time now to be able to rebond my color my hair.



Is it ok to rebond n color our hair while we still doing confinement? I intend to to do it before bb's full mth.

 
Need some advice here - That day my gynae mentioned that if I will to opt to give birth in Mt A, chances that I will end up last min C-section is 30-40%.. So, he suggested me to go TMC which has a higher % for natural birth.. He said that midwives in TMC are more pro natural delivery.. And Mt A is want fast fast delivery de so will opt for last min C-section.. Has anyone heard of this before? Do you all think I should be concern & change hospital?

 
Anyone of you feel more uncomfy or painful when your BB moves now?



Think due to the lack of space, when my BB moves, I feel really uncomfortable & quite painful at times.

 
keer13>> Issit? on the contrary I heard Mt A is really pro-natural birth. Cuz as a Catholic hospital, they won't do C-sect unless really necessary.



BTW, your gynae is based at TMC or Mt. A?

 
Haiz..



Now management is having discussion with new vendor management to see if they hv any business for us.. if dont hv ... I might be most likely out of job ard mid jul



I think I have the right to ask co to compensate me for my ML right..

 
munchies -- no prob for chemical hair dos.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Yvonne -- yup.. u must hor.. not fair for u ma..



baby movements -- ya.. space constrain and my bb sometimes will force her way thru.. sometimes also knocking on my bones..

 
I just clarified with my HR again and guess what. She said I am entitled to ML, but as my contract ends in 9 July, should my company not renew me, they will only compensate me for my ML from 24 June (the date I request to start my ML) till 9 July.

I dun think they can do that right?

Even if they terminate me, they still need to pay me for 2 months isn’t it?

 
Dont know is it a full stop in our career after we bcome mummy ah?

Nowadays i feel like no commitment to work at all!every morning waiting for knock off time..

last time can work til 8-9pm to complete my job, but now feel so reluctant to ot..even leave at 7pm i oso feel very late alr..

always tell my hubby i only need fix income to my acc every month ll do..nvr expect increment anymore =p

anyone has the same feeling ah?? or is it bcos of my -ve thinking ah??

 
sweetkiss, i think is good for u to call MOM and confirm about this..

dun worry, im sure they ll renew ur contract!!bb ll bring his/her luck to us..

cheers!!

 
Carol: thanks, I will.



Yes I have no motivation to work now. Yet I cannot afford to be jobless or get a lower paying job because I have my housing loan to pay.



Recently, I’m also getting very slack at work though my job requires us to be pro-active.

I have 2 very hardworking colleagues working on the same tasks as me so I believe by now my supervisor can already tell the diff between us.

At the same time I am also worried about getting a poor appraisal. Sigh…

 
Carol>> Cuz of pregnancy, I feel tired so sometimes cannot give my all @ work. Then keep taking leave or MC cuz either sick or tired. hehee.



Dread the day I come bk to work aft my ML cuz my boss has just given me 2 new portfolios to take care of, on top of my current work load. Siao liao lor.

 
ALL MUMMIES,



Just came back from my 37 week checkup today, BB'S WEIGHT is 3.4kg!!



Imagined BB put on 600grams in 1 week's time!! despite of me going on very very obedient & strict diet,lost weight on myself..everything all NO NO, only YES to Wholemeal bread ,BROWN RICE, HL MILK.



2 meals daily only..





so I asked DR why my BB put on weight so FAST & MUCH? his reply is your BB genes lol!!





DR gave me a jab at my bottom today to strengthen BB's lungs to get prepared for next week C Section.





DR asked me to fix C Section date next Mon 14/6 or Tue 15/6,coz he said MY BB is matured & big to come out liao





DR strongly advice me to C Section coz of the recent article in newspaper regarding the incident of Raffles Hospital 2days ago.





Me & HB were hesitating coz we wanted a NATURAL DELIVERY,so DR asked me to reply him by Sat if opt for C SECTION, really in a dilemma???

 
hi sweetkiss, may i know what's ur jobscope?currently my company is recruiting software design eng cos 1 of my team mate resigned and stayed in her hometown to take care her bb..if related, probably i can help to submit ur resume..

 
Yap... No motativation...



very tired, cant concentrate..

Even the vendor new management have business for my co to do.. I am still thinking to continue working anot...



cos I will be on ML for 4 mths and i can confirm the way I do my thing preciously and after I come back fr my ML will be totally different...

 
haha,since few mummies encounter the same prob with me, i think is common we lost our commitment to work harder after pregnant hoh..

hope we ll regain our energy and fight in our career after give birth!!

 
I think in my case, I can’t afford to take too many days of MC or leave because I think I already have a “bad record” in the company.. I’ve only taken 1 day of MC and 0.5 days of AL from Jan till now…



When I joined my current company in Jan this year, I told my immediate supervisor that I’m preggers (signed my appt letter late last year in Nov when I didn’t know I’m pregnant..only found out in Dec) and I think from then on, he may not have a good impression of me liao…so that’s why I don’t dare to take many MC or leave.



Work attitude wise, I don’t know whether is it because I’m preggers, that why I’m not given impt tasks to do…as compared to my previous job, I felt so “little” in my current role…so sometimes, when you can’t achieved great things (not becos you can’t but due to lack of opportunities), I will tend to lack that bit of motivation too…

 
Sito,

oh my! imo, should listen to your gynae. i also read about the case against Raffles Hospital. if you insist on natural, you'll be induced? if not successful, then have to go for c-section in the end, right?



now, i'm also worried about my baby's weight

 
Sito



Is this ur 1st pregnancy. if yes I suggest u go for c-section since gynae advice u...



cos by next wk bb weight might be ever heavier...

there might be a chance tat u cant deliver naturally by induce due to some reason and aft tat go for emgergancy c-section.. tat is the worst to worst case... (more cost)



if u already prepare for it then go ahead for naturally..

 
hi sito,if u insist to go for natural delivery, y not ask ur gynae to induce?

my SIL just delivered naturally after doc inducec her bb in Apr, her bb's weight is 3.57kg in week 38,

both mother n son are fine and healthy

 
Sito>> U must weigh the pros & cons of a VBAC. Like the RH case, patient claim she dunno, etc then go sue the doctor & hospital.



But honestly as a patient and mummy, I think it's also the responsiblity for the person to find out the risks 1st.

 
Sito -- i have previous deliveries with Dr Ang.. and to be honest, he will know what is best for u. and trust him.



i remember my bb was breeched when i delivered my #1, he told me that he got confidence to deliver bb naturally.. so we trusted him.. and true enuff.. without complications, bb was delivered smoothly.



That is why this time round, we leave it to Dr Ang to decide if we shud induce or not.. cause we trust him ma



for the RH case, the gynae had adviced her and also constantly asking her to go for c sect but the mommy insisted on natural.. then last min changed to c sect due to complications. sometimes, we have to trust the gynae's experience..



why not u try to speak to dr ang and ask him to decide what is the best for u and baby?

 
mrslong -- there are many sorts of patients arnd esp in singapore.. lol.. i remember when i had my still birth, my family blamed it on the gynae.. and i was like.. "huh??" and even ask me not to visit my gynae anymore.. but i find it bo liao..



i read the article, apparently RH is backing the gynae.. and i heard from some friends and my gynae that, its a SOP for gynae to let the patients know the risk involved and stuff like tat..



hai, its very sad case but i think also cannot point finger at anyone also.. sometimes its fated de.. thats why i always tell myself.. i jus want bb to be healthy..

 


i fully agree with Serene..trust ur gynae (if he is Dr Ang)!!

my SIL's gynae is doc Ang oso..he even helped her to save the induce fees..my SIL said he only use his hand to dig the V part in the evening, then nite time she alr feel the contraction and delivered naturally!!

 

Back
Top