(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

keer13, for this graco playpen, you must set up the sides first! instead of the base!



Hubby went to lock the base first, then do the side, cannot! will collapse. Then i went to call the supplier... said i think the playpen is spoilt haha! Then i went to see the manual, unlock the base first just try my luck, wah then the sides can "click" so easily! Do the base LAST.



Baby room is super messy now, i have not wash any bb clothes yet! Hospital bag not packed, everything is on the floor.. =( Cannot be lazy liao.. must start doing during weekend!



Anyway i also have pelvic pain, actually since my 2nd trimester hahaha! I think it's normal.. don't worry k!



I had laksa for breakfast, is it not advisable to eat due to the coconut milk they use? tummy always gets tighter (think is BH) whenever i eat laksa.. haha..

 


jellypurin: hey donno if u know my sis. shes Jasmine, she works @ made with love in plaza sing. She mentioned you to me and says you're also a july mommie.

 
ica: At Old airport road market hoh, got sell bak zhang.. mini type one. You eat one mouth, hubby one mouth then no more liao. So dun need to worry that hubby ate too much. Haha!!



Ya lo.. can only eat next time round for durian buffet. Always wanted to try the goodwood park one. Heard it's good.



ceres: I did wash the bedsheet with BB washing powder. You never know where the cloth went to before and who had handle it. So at least rinse it with plain water also better than nothing.



Pris: Me more kanjiong.. the cot delivered, I just asked the delivery guy to set up for me cos I dunno how to fix. As for the playpen, me and hubby just can't wait and took it out of the box immediately. So while waiting for the cot to be set up, we set up the playpen. Haha!! Even the pram, I also ask the company to set up before sending it to us. So everything set up liao. Car seat wise, just have to wait till the day i give birth lo then hubby will set up.

 
Keer13:

Thank you for the info. Actually 8 sounds too little now right? Did you have a problem selecting from a range of beautiful pics?



Shann Yeng: My baby's room also in a mess. I told myself this weekend will get it done properly when the wardrobe comes in.

 
jellypurin: ooOH haha small world! Shes my older sis. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



mrslong: frm wat i just ate this morning, nonya zhang is the whitish zhang , inside the meat is sweet. Hokkien zhang.. the rice is already marinated.. its brown in colour and inside have kong ba.



But thts about all i know =D its based on wat i had for breakfast

 
Jaclyn>> I see. I love nonya zhang! I also like to eat those mini ones that you can dip with orange color sugar type(gee zhang). Hehehee.

 
PHy - My kepo neighbour says it works very well.



Jellypurin - Black ones i think can use only after no more period.. So u also got used the normal ones. Does it really work? SOrry to asked cause the price is $200plus plus.. Wonder if it works ..

 
Brazilian wax: I just booked my session with Strip @ paragon for this Saturday since I am seeing gynae too. Long time never did it since I got preggy. Before preggy, dun find it pain at all but after preggy, dunno skin will be more sensitive down there or not.



Hubby was asking me what should he do when i am doing waxing. I told him to read newspaper lo cos only half and hour. Or he can do waxing too. He immediately ignore me. Haha!!

 
Ann,

Sure sensitive but bearable lah. I intend to do mine 2 weeks before EDD.



CT,

U intend to do a BP on that?

 
junie: My hubby did it before cause i bought a couple package as Vday present. He came out walking like a crab and lasted for a few days. Haha!!! Till this day, he always remember it and never do it again. Everytime we walked by STRIP, i will tease him that this is his favourite shop and he will always say he will burn it down one day. Haha!!! Cannot tahan him.



phy: I dun dare to wait till 2 weeks before my EDD.. i scared BB come early. So decided to do it earlier.

 
Hi mummies, just to check with you…



I have been working in my current company for about 11 months.

For my case, in the 1st year of my employment, I am considered as a contract staff. Thereafter, it is up to my company whether they want to extend my contract or to convert me to a permanent staff.



Today, I emailed my HR informing of my intention to apply maternity leave.

This is the reply I got:



“As your contract is expiring soon on 8 July 2010, I will need to check with xxxx (my boss) on whether he would like to extend your contract or convert you to permanent staff.

Your maternity leave entitlement will depend on the status of your contract.”



I thought that under MOM law, as long as I have been employed for more than 180 days regardless of whether I am a contract or perm staff, I am entitled to maternity leave?

 
Morning mummies! Had been so busy with work for the last few days, no time to post here but have been sneaking in to read and keep myself updated. All the talks about durians & ba zhang make me so hungry.



I am 36 weeks 2 days today and yet still have so much work to do. Can’t help it – quarter end close for my company. By next Tue, I will be full term and I told my boss to have contingency plan (since got deadline for submission of reports to head office next week) just in case. But she still want me to do it and not delegate that particular report to someone else lor. She thinks EDD on 6 July means baby will only come in July. *sigh * Already so tired doing & rushing this week’s review and report…



Did my vaginal swab test last Sat, results came back and I had the Strep Group B infection. Now have to take Augmentin to cure it, otherwise cannot do vaginal birth.



keer13: Thanks for the playgroup list. Just a suggestion – shall we add a column for location, then we roughly know where the mummies & babies in the list are staying.



maternity shoot: the term “f8 mummies” sounds so cool – like some girl/boyband….haha!….i did mine with Studio Loft and have about 130 pictures to choose from…it was such a headache….just like when I chose my wedding pics last time!



personalized rompers/tees: can check out this website: http://mylittlestylos.blogspot.com/ and this BP: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3857435.html?1276101321



Sorry for the long post!

 
Jelly>> Does the pants help to reduce cellulite? Haha.



Dunno after delivery my thighs/buttocks will regain it's pre-pregnancy shape & condition or not. Now butt & thighs sagging & cellulite ridden like nobody's business :p

 
phy/junie

tummy, ya, helped me lah.. haha... but i must say, its v xin ku cos it can be very hot! cellulite wise hor, not really leh...



sweetkiss

do chk mom's website... i dun think ur coy can take away ur ML. if that is the case, u can report them to MOM. what does your contract say anyways?

 
jellypurin: Ya lo, I need to go back and look at my contract... what if my boss doesnt want to renew me? given that i have been taking leave and performance not really gd ever since i got pregnant.

 
Ann,

me lazy to go all the way to Old Airport Road. maybe will just buy from one of those carts/kiosks lah, just to satisfy craving



mrslong,

ya, i also love those tasteless chang where you dip in syrup. when my grandma was around, she used to make palm sugar syrup to go with those chang - yummylicious!



nyonya chang,

i tried the ones from Malacca loong time ago. very different but nice. instead of the rice being all white, they added the blue colouring from those flowers - the same one used in one of those white/blue nyonya kueh



Sweetkiss,

got this from MOM website. you can also clarify with MOM - they're pretty fast in replying if by email



Employees on fixed term contract, temporary and part-time employment



An employee on fixed term contract, temporary and part-time employment is entitled to 12 weeks of maternity leave, if she satisfies the eligibility conditions under the Employment Act or 16 weeks of maternity leave and the eligibility conditions under the Children Development Co-Savings Act. If she is eligible for paid maternity leave, she will be paid at the gross rate for each day that she would normally have been required to work under her contract of service.

 
Sweetkiss - See your contract does it cover Maternity Benefits?



Once you review your contract, than try email MOM for an answer. At least got black and white proof.



Some companies sucks, going beyond MOM t&c so we must be very careful with them.

 
Rummy: Alexandra ABC market got a stall sell the famous ba zhang. Is a franchise or something.



Ann: Ok. Think i go wash it. scared dirty my BB.



Junie: My frd also just ask me is it Hokkien or not. I also dunno. I just say mom cook it and my fav. Anyway i only eat home-made one i dun buy or eat from outside. Heh.



BW can do meh? will cause unintended labour ma? i very scared leh.



Abt the slimming pants... think i just wear mine. Got wacoal one & i forgot what brand. Use to buy it last time for slimming use. Is it wear immediately after birth?

 
gd morn mummies..finally wake up le...had bread n milk for breakfast n also taken medication liao..



saw the previous post of durian buffet at goodwood park hotel...sounds yummilious leh...most prob will pop in once i recover from my illness...can't wait can't wait...



any 1 gt mdm ida HP? n hw much does she charge for the package or per masssage session..at my 33weeks aready..still suitable for massange mah?

 
BTW is the vaginal swab test a standard compulsory test that gynae will make us go through or we need to request, any idea?



vernie>> B4 your vaginal swab test results, did u hv any symptoms that suggest u may hv the Strep Grp B infection?

 
Jelly Purin - Like that my neighbour really kind heart introducing me to the pants. She says no discount even if i buy 3.



I tink i want to buy 2 normal ones like the ones you have. So can alternate wash and use daily. Until i slim abit, than i use the black ones.. Cause the size for the black ones are smaller.



I also think to run the thread mill at home 30 minutes when i use the black pants.



Baby still small most of time sleeping so must exercise at home while he is sleeping.



My 1st son i got used this kind of pants for almost 1 year, and walla really slim back as i also jogging in the evening. 2nd son lazy so the weight never drop. Obesse for 6 years. Now this bb i tink i dont gain weight much, BB is growing only so i find an opportunities to loose weight after delivery.



No hubby like to walk with a fat wife. Some more my hubby very fit man. When we slim we look younger and HEALTH will be better too.

 
TMC Hospital - anyone knows if they provide sanitary pad for lochia? do they provide the adhesive ones?



And if we are bring our own sleepwear, are we going to bring enough for our stay there?

 
Jelly>> Ya, sure will be very hot. Do the post-natal massage wrap will also be hot.



Ceres>> Yes can still do BW but if you're concern, can ask your gynae for confirmation 1st.

 
thanks, Ceres! i shall run out to the ABC market and stockpile on the bakchangs later! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
junie

best to do the vaginal swap... some bbs gets v sick after infected with strep b virus...



ct

me also going to order after i deliver and after i end off my lochia flow... the undergarments are quite comfy...

 
mrslong: my next check up with gynae, she mentioned that she will be doing internal exam. meaning test for Strep B infection as well as check dilation. She says if i'm not dilated.. then my ADD will probably be near my EDD. If dilated already then will be earlier.



Quite nervous abt the check up since some say checking for dilation can be painful... i think the key is to just relax and breathe ~



Sweetkiss: best way for you is to check with MOM now. They are the best ppl to help... but cos your HR haven cfm with u, just enquire first instead of making the complain.



Eliss: i believe they do, but maternity pad no wings.. so i bought those super over night type of pad cos i cant do without wings! Also if you use theirs, you'll need to pay for it. I bringing 2 button in front type of nightdress to wear. Chinatown sells $7 only heehee!

 
Jellypurin- I call them up, the sales girl say, buy 50 pcs than got 20% discount..



less than 50 pcs, 10% discount.. hmhmmmm

 
mrslong: I don't have any symptoms lor…Only have lots of yellowish discharge. For my gynae, the vaginal swab test is routine at around Week 35 / 36 for all his patients going for natural birth. Strep B does not harm the mummy but can harm bb during the birthing process. Best to ask your gynae to do one if u r going for natural birth.

 
jellypurin: oh nonono i have 0 creativeness. all went to my sis haha. You shud see my parents' house.. all filled with her creations. Actually scrapbooking is quite nice. Can do for our babies.. i got to rely on my sis to do it.

 
carol: My gynae charges $43 for the test. I find it uncomfortable - maybe because I was tensed and not relaxed. But it is a very quick test - faster than pap smear.

 
Sweetkiss -- u are entitled to the benefits even thou they do not cont the contract with u.. u can call MOM and find out then u can advice ur HR on that. if they try to "smoke" u, u let them know that u will check with MOM before committing anything.. mai lugi



Eliss -- they give those non sticky ones.. and not long enuff.. so when we are lying on the bed, it might leak. bring ur own better..

 
Thanks all for helping me to check! Now my worry is dunno if I signed my appt letter blindly in case my company doesn’t support ML benefits like what CT mentioned.



I did my swab test very early, during my 31st week.

Dun have to request for it, I think it is a standard checkup procedure.

I was also diagnosed with Group B Strep and took antibiotics… there are no symptoms for GBS.

But then after that my gynae also didn’t mention about doing another test to ensure that the infection is cleared.



For TMC hospital, based on my experience last week, they do provide maternity pads (Kotex maternity loop) and also a bag of toiletries.

There’s a small face towel, shampoo, body foam, toothbrush, toothpaste and a shower cap inside.

 
hi,vernie, thanks for your info..

i very scare of pain..hopefully 2moro my test ll go smoothly..

last time when i did blood test i keep screaming, my gynae nearly give up and ask me to test next time since i have no mental preparation..

 
Vernie: You got yellowish discharge ah? I also have lei.. but dunno it's becos of Ventolin or becos I also have infection.

 
Atomic kitten, your sugar level is very good considering durian got very high sugar content. I had 2 slices of wholewheat bread with cheese spread and my sugar level was 6.6. So surprised. Cos for breakfast it's usually 4.4-4.5. Sure kena scold by gynae next week.

 
Ann: Yeah..i have yellowish discharge since i entered Week 32, there about. Gynae said it is normal and if we walk a lot, will trigger more discharge. So he asked me not to walk so much and go GSS shopping!



But he didn't link the discharge to the infection lei...the result came back 2 days ago, his nurse just call me to go down to clinic to pick up the medication...

 
Carol: Dun worry the test is painless. The gynae will only use a thin cotton bud to collect a sample of your discharge.

Just need to relax.

 
vernie: Oh ok.. well.. then maybe i wait for gynae to do the swab test for me ba. I also not sure.



Food craving: I have alot of food craving this week. Dunno is it becos these 2 weeks, always eat home cooked food till sian liao. So keep craving for buffet and dim sum and dessert. Ah!!

 


Back
Top