(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

jelly>> hee.. so excitin!!! can c ur 'photostat' this sun!!!

so ur husby will brg ur gal to take a walk while we haf our PS??

 


oh ya... n u all notti mummies...

tdy keep talkin abt BAZHANG & buffetlicious.... make me hungry lor!!! bad influence!!! kekekekek....



here's the list to fri's lunch.

to those mummies who cant join us, no worries... im sure we haf lotsa oppty in the future.. esp Keer13 is helping to org the playgrp thgy... it's gonna b so fun!!!!





DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (u r welcome to add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5. suntan

6. suntan's fren

7. jelly - late

8. Pris

9.

 
hi,



i am from May mother. i have extra breastpump and willing to let go this USED MINI ELECTRIC PUMP @$60. Pls PM me if interested. Tks





★ 100% ORIGINAL, MADE IN SWITZERLAND

★ Lightweight, compact and portable

★ Fully automatic breastpump with dual power source options (AC/DC)

★ Can use AC Power with the included adaptor

★ Can also run on 2 AA batteries, which is great for travelling/outside

★ Easy on/off switch

★ Adjustable one-handed suction control for maximum comfort

★ Safe for the collection, storage & feeding of breastmilk (BPA-free material)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4086983.jpg]

 
Hey mummies, is anyone using Graco playpen too?



I have problem setting it up, the two longer side cannot stay firm leh.. keep collapsing once i let go. weird weird!



This is the one i bought.



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4087022.jpg]

 
hi mummies,



the same phenomenon happen to me too, when i put my hand on my tummy, my bb moves but for others , bb stop moving, but somehow, I don understand how does bb feel whose hand is it?



f8 mummies: ya we cross the bridge when we reach it lah, if it rains then we just enjoy our sunday brunch lo.

 
wow sweetkiss, your baby is big!!



i just came back from my gynae checkup at 35wks. baby is 2.67kg already. but my tummy still looks small; like a 7 months preggie woman!



anyone thinks its v painful to toss and turn on bed these days? its so unbearable i cannot stand it! cant wait to pop.

 
ceres, i figured out with hubby liao.. must follow step by step cannot skip! He skipped one step that's why the rest all failed. haha.. it's done!

 
SERENE,



Im 37 weeks pregnant by this Friday.



EDD is 2nd JULY,not sure of my delivery date,have to pray for cervix to dilated lor..waiting is so boring & super sian for me.



MY #1 born on EDD actual day with cervix dilated 1cm, admitted Mt A den induced, give birth in 3 hours time..



MY #2 was C Section on 38 weeks coz she's a GIANT BB 3.8KG



NOW #3 praying for NORMAL DELIVERY..





Did ANY MUMMIES experience 1st BB Natural birth, 2nd BB C SECTION, den 3RD BB Natural birth?

 
Keer13,

I'm also not topping up. How many photos are we allowed to select? Did Allison edit those photos?



Mummies, what is the minimum no of hrs we should not lie down after a meal if we have heartburn? I just started to have heartburn today. Very uncomfortable. Felt a lot of wind

 
Shann: Lol... congrats on getting it done!



Fazzy: no idea what is heart burn & how it felt. But i think cannot stand too long also. Maybe sit down n rest instead does it help?

 
Sorry to interrupt this thread.



*Brand new* items ranging from Avent milk bottles/teats to Neutrogena hydrating masks, to 12 inch mistral fan, all at attractive prices! Freebies for the purchase of items > $10



Visit cashin88.blogspot.com to browse the items. PM me if you are interested. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
fazzy my dietician said we should not lie down within 2hrs of eating to avoid heartburn.



Minibean, I also find it very painful when I've been sleeping on right side & turn to left side. Dunno what's causing the pain. I mentioned to gynae, she said it's normal, not to worry.

 
Ceres and babycoco:



Thanks for the advice. I think I'm having heartburn, dunno if it really is. Feels very tight above my ribcage there, but no pain, only discomfort. And a lot of wind in tummy

 
Minibean : The pain which I felt is due to pelvic pain and it makes turning on bed almost unbearable at times.



Shann : I also didnt buy any playpen. Why dun u try calling the shop which u bought it from n ask them how to fix the prob. ITs very impt to ve the playpen/cot fixed up properly to prevent any accidents in future leh. Alternatively, pop over some shops which sell the same item nget the saleperson show u step-by-step.

 
seems like many MTBs today max out on their carbo intake! Today I maxed out my sugar intake at the Goodwood Park hotel durian buffet!



There was a chef making the fresh durian puree pancake! very yummy! My fave is the durian oreo cake. The durian is very thick n the cake is smooth n delicious. There are also durian puffs, durian pudding, green tea durian swiss rolls, durian puree, durian pastry, ang ku kueh, assortments of cakes n pastry, durianmisu cake, glutinous rice dessert, red bean soup, bread pudding, ice cream, mango pudding, mango sago, fruits etc...



Think becoz havent take sweet stuff for too long.. not used to it.. everything i ate after my dessert buffet juz taste sweet lor!



ANyone want to guess what's my glucose reading two hours after the sinful buffet!?!?



drum roll...... before is 5.6.. 2hrs later is 6.8!!!!! I couldnt believe my eyes! I was so scared initially and comtemplated not testing my blood sugar one.But coz tomo is my doc appt and I need show her my homework so no choice.



How can my durian dessert buffet readings be less than my hospital diabetic western dinner! It still find it very puzzling lor. Coz i really eat a lot and they were really sweet! I also ordered ala cart satay, nasi goreng and char kway tiao hoping to get rid of the sweetness after-taste in the mouth. So strange leh... maybe my GB is gone?? :p

 
Jelly n DQ >> Yepz, its the one at Jln Pemimpin. Designs are ok but they are very user friendly for nursing. Me bot 10 tops and 2 bras and 1 dress and 1 nursing cover cum shawl all for less than $200!



Cherry >> Glad you got something = )

 
atomickitten>> how long d buffet last? isit a one day even? last time my wedding we stayed at goodwood n luv d durian puff n durian crepes.. how much is d buffet per person? i want! i want!

 
Atomickitten,

must u describe the durian buffet in detail meh? Makes me jealous lah! Haha! I thot your reading wd be like in the 10s but it was surprising low. Or maybe becos u walked quite a bit when taking the food, so body able to process the sugars faster. Today after dinner I had a bit more guava than usual and the reading was 7.3!



bak chang,

so wanna eat but cannot, can only imagine and smell only. Hahaha

 
Shann: I bought Graco playpen. Hubby at first also never read the instruction book, the playpen keep collapsing. Finally read the book and got it set up quite fast.



minibean: Understand how u feel.. everytime i toss and turn, i will moan in pain. I hope to get my body back soon too.



AtomicKitten: Durian buffet!!! That sounds so yummy. How I wish I can go.



ica: Take one bak chang lo. Haha!! A bite also can satisfy craving. Hehe!! I very evil right?



My tummy so bloated today. Can't even eat much.

 
sito -- there are cases like tat . i was talking to him about this last visit and he say normally they will brief the mommies properly before deciding de..



ica -- i also buay tahan and hubby bought me 2.. (althou i told him one..)

Me: i only want 1, u eat the other

Him: u eat la..

Me: no, i only can eat 1

Him: tmr then eat

Me: No! 1 only!



even thou i got no GD or what, but it will make me very constipated and bloat and hate to digest.. so i loooooonnnnnzzzz

 
Aisha: The buffet is from 12 - 230pm if I'm not wrong. Details are as follow from their website [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Goodwood Park Hotel's Durian Fiesta is back!

Brand new creations and tantalising all-time favourites await...



Apart from the signature Durian Puff and legendary Durian Mousse Cake, the range also includes all-time favourites such as the Durian Crepe, Durian Pudding and Durian Roll. Also back by popular demand are the Durian Strudel, Durian Oreo Cake and Durian Wafer!



Brand new creations for 2010!

Durianmisu - Pure D24 durian pulp is paired with a lavish combination of lady's fingers, espresso and mascarpone, then sprinkled with cocoa powder to present a cupful of sheer luxury. There is no alcohol in this unique version of tiramisu.



Durian Eclair - A generous amount of D24 pulp is sandwiched between choux pastry and drizzled with either chocolate or fondant (sugar icing) for a delightful treat.



Lavish Treat – Dessert Buffet with Durian Pastries at Coffee Lounge

From 1 June to 25 July 2010, a range of durian delights can be savoured in addition to the regular dessert buffet in Coffee Lounge during lunch and dinner. There will be six durian delights available including Durian Oreo cake, Durianmisu, Durian roll, Durian pudding and Durian puff. A special highlight is the Durian pancake – freshly-made at the live station.



Price:

$24.80++ per person (Dessert Buffet with Durian Pastries only)

$18.80++ per person (Top-up with any a la carte menu order)

 
ica : My highest record was 10.6 after eating a bowl of (sour) grapes leh and 2nd highest is 10.4 from drinking one beer glass of meiji choc milk. THe hospital diabetic full western din produced a reading of 9.6. So I tot today's reading will be like 20!?!?



I didnt really walked much after buffet also. Only went to paragon and bought my 2 button-front pj from La Senza for $70 (sale). Members still got additional 10% for sale items!



Ann : I wouldnt have gone for the buffet if not for my sister's bday leh. But hor.. I very disciplined liao.. every item i only eat ONE no matter how nice :p But it was so sweet that I think I wont ve any more cravings for sweet stuff until i deliver! hopefully la heehee

 
ica : oh ya.. my gynae said if i ve hungry pang and have to eat more fruits than usual hor.. she asked me to eat guava leh! but she also quick to add that it must be without the suan mei fen (sour plum powder?) !



Aiyo juz now i forgot and ate dragon fruits 30mins b4 my after-din sugar test and the reading shoot up to 8.5!!! aiyoooo can cheat or not! tomo my appt le.. doc sure question me again..

 
keer13,

My bridal photos are in my FB. You have my email addy via the playgroup contact list right? Can add me from there to view.



f8mummies,

I finally managed to buy a simple/decent white tube top from Isetan just now. So at least i got something appropriate to wear for PS on sun. DQ, i dun mind getting the umbrella since its only $2.

 
Good morning ladies.



Today the sky looks dark again. Dunno why, I felt like finishing the set up of the baby cot like putting in the bedsheet, put up the mobile, etc. Is it too early? I also scared later on dirty.



AtomicKitten: But hoh, now u make me wanna go durian buffet too. But BB already so big, I scared I eat durian buffet, I confirmed plus guarantee got to do C-sec liao. Ah!!!!



After giving birth, also cannot go for the buffet cos sure not in time one since it ends 25th July. Think got to wait for the next time round liao.

 
Ann,

ya lor, i was thinking i just take one spoonful of the bak chang and force hubby to finish the rest! hahaha! but hubby already quite big liao. last time, when gynae told me that i should not think that i must eat for 2, she looked at hubby and said "and you're not eating for 3 either". you can imagine his size la! hahaha!



no durian buffet this round never mind lor, next time - you can eat all you want!



atomickitten,

i din have guava with the sour plum powder, the reading also quite high oredi. think i better stick to apples and pears



Serene,

why not just take 1/3 or 1/2 of the bak chang, then maybe not so bloated?



weather:

ya, these days quite cooling. i just remarked to hubby that mommies doing confinement this month must be quite shiok - the weather so cool

 
Morning ladies!

Great weather this morning... cool! Just hope it will not rain.



Just had 2 small bak zhang for breakfast! Haha, hack care a bit now...

 
hihi morning mummies,



wah... talking of eating bak zhang, i also 'gian' liao.. haha..



maybe later after work i go buy..



any mummies here had symptoms of pelvics pain?

I am experiencing a very 'Sour' feeling at the lower left tummy somewhere near the bone. End up difficult to wake up, stand and walk.



I am in my 34wks tomo.

 
Ann: Me too. My hubby & i also thinking if set up too early got dust. He say need find something to cover the drawer la, bed etc if not later dusty for BB slp...



By the way we need to wash the bed sheet etc when the bed arrive before give BB slp? If wash use the BB detergent to wash or our detergent to wash? Need softerner?

 
Jellypurin,

U stay around BP is it?



Hey mummies with toddlers, anyone keen to sign up with staccato music school, weekday class? Me thinking of taking #1 to the class during Maternity leave.

 
Ann >> me too, just can't wait to set up everything already! Husband keeps saying 'ok ok' but everything still in the boxes...sigh

 
I am now working... having a hardtime to breath just now and a deep breath my heart like got piercing feeling... dunno why leh..



Anyone have any idea why?

 
Washing BB clothes,



I avoid using softener coz my #1 developed very bad eczema in first 3 months. Dermotogists told us to avoid softener so I've never added softener to his clothes...

 
May,

Me too, having pelvic pain when I walk too much... yesterday gotta hold my tummy and walk very slowly...

 
good morning every1.



since ann posted abt dumpling. i have been craving for it!



ate 1 on tuesday (selling @ original price).

so just now, after having 2 pcs of prata, i went ahead and bought another dumpling . So sad now it cost $2.



very full now...



going to be on diet for the rest of the days n weeks n mths.

 
morning mummies,



suntan >> The BP thread where I ordered the personlised onesis is only for BBs, for parents dun hv....that one was from another BP.



minibean >> Now when I sleep, I also find it difficult to turn around. So heavy...hv to do it slowly and inch by inch like that.



And when I lie down on the bed, usually my heart will feel like something's pressing on it, cannot breath. Then afterawhile, ok oredi.

 
Hi Shann - That's a very nice play pen.. I love it.. With regards to setting up the play pen, I also have a similiar prob with you.. I also does not seem to be able to set up a hands down play pen.. It always collapse on 2 sides.. I thought since it's a old one, it's spoilt... So, I cast it aside but I think it has to do with a certain technique to set it up.. Can you share the steps with me to set up the play pen. Thanks!



Hi Fazzy - I think we can select 8 photos if you add f8angels from FB... If not, it's only 7.. I think apart from those repeated shots or not so nice shots, yes, Allison edited the rest of the photos. I have 33 to select from..



AK - Durian buffet.. You are tempting me.. I need to go book now.. LOL!

 
During confinment i will use bengkok to wrap my tummy.



After the post natal massage 1 week i will continue to use the bengkong for 30 days.



Die die must looosee weight..



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4088914.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4088915.jpg]

 
phy:



i just had 2 mini zhangs too! One hokkien one nonya. So shiok =D



playpen:

any recommendations for a playpen? My friend is buying the playpen for me and he asked me to choose one then he'll go get it. So want to check what is a good playpen since I haven't really gone to scout.

 
morn mommies



suntan

there is a shop at raffles place xchange, all the way to end of the road of shops. u will see this shop that sells bb stuff. they hv personlised rompers/tees for babies/adults



CT

i have the slimming pants. dun buy the black one. buy the one which is for you to wear as an under garment. u can try org a bp for that bcos i know if you hit moq 20, the seller will give u a discount

 
pris,

so qiao abt sunny. her hairstyle can last very long so i dont mind paying more...



keer13,

hahah oic, u took yr shoot in may. i thought i found a super good reason for u, kidding =)

the photo has more boys, yes u are right.

how come u took the shoot so early? what week are u now?

 


good morning mummies, i too have been having intense cravings for bak changs....but i dunno where to buy them....



Kim choo is too far for me...anyone knows where in Alexandra or Bedok got yummy bak changs, esp the hokkien types....yum yum

 

Back
Top