(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Suntan: Tks! sigh still long leh for me. i'm only 32wk & 5days.

By the way your friend at that point of time is around what week ar? I also think gynae will only give when near EDD for us to rest before we give birth which i find it gd. At least i no need waste my leave but i hope my gynae will! Think next visit i go ask her. :p

 
ICA : No I did not take those food anymore! Juz tot of sharing with those who have hi sugar prob like me so that your can avoid those food items.I have been taking Meiji choc milk all the while until I started finger-pricking! Now I juz take meiji plain fresh milk. Talking abt hosp food.. I was surprised that the diabetic meal can cause my sugar to go up so high also. The nurse called my gynae that night at 10pm++ and she instructed the nurse to serve me half serving of my meal the next day. And guess what.. the next day I was served half-cooked sunny-side-up egg leh! I was wondering preg cannot eat half cooked egg ma.. but coz my serving already half liao..if dun eat i'll be super hungry...so i fin it all!:p



Kat : Thanx for your long list of food to avoid! Sometimes really need someone to remind & remind coz I ve been watching my diet for so many months that I feel perpetually hungry and yearning for the forbidden food!



babycoco : Actually walking after meals can help to break down the sugar but coz of contraction.. my gynae said i cannot do walking anymore. So asked me watch my diet.



sometimes i find it hard to explain why I eat exactly the same thing for breakfast on two consecutive days but one reading is 4.8 and the other is 6.5. Quite a big difference I thought. I merely had a cup of fresh milk and two slices of softmeal bread, one with tuna and cheese and the other with ham and cheese, both toasted. Sometimes stress level can affect sugar readings as well leh.

 
suntan & ceres>> May want to check with your co. with regards to HL nearing your EDD. Understand some co. does not recognised HL or MC nearer your EDD le...dunno true or not.

 
Ceres,

she is ard 36 week when her gynae gave her HL.



Junie,

huh? Got such thing one? Why co won't recognise HL?

 
Atomickitten,

good good. Thot u're still enjoying those food. Hehe. Now me also very careful about what I put into my mouth. Have to be kwai-kwai lor, for baby's sake



was watching "buffetlicious" on Ch 5. Wah! The desserts all sooo nice!



Oh, just to share. I googled on GD and most websites say apple is good coz the pectin in its skin helps to break down sugars. Also bitter gourd and oatmeal - good for diabetics. But can we take bitter gourd when we're preggers?

 
arghh.. can u imagine, my hair stylist is fully booked till next friday. might not be in time to cut hair. now have to be on waitlist liao. sianzzzzzz.....

my next doctor's appt is on 18th and my hair stylist is only available on 18th. that will be 37 weeks 2 days.. ask me why i abit scared..cos my older girl came out exactly 37 weeks 2 days, so the second one should be same or around that time... hahah i dont want anything to

happen at salon. so drama.!!!



F8 mummies..

me cool to EAT pizza at casa verde..hahah



ica,

i trying out the magnum gold now..heheehe

last night too full. the ice cream really gold in colour one..quite nice =) hopefully bb gaining..

 
Junie, my company's policy for continuous HL that leads right up to delivery is that it'll be deducted as maternity leave. Max of 4 weeks before delivery will be deducted against maternity entitlement.

 
ica: Haha I dun dare drink meiji choc milk le! But once a while I will still cheat a bit and reward myself with some forbidden food la! like tomo I'm going for the Goodwood park durian buffet to celebrate my sister's bday with my family! A great assortment of durian pancakes, pastries,cakes, puree,desserts etc etc THink I will skip my finger-pricking for a day. But i will and I must control myself tomo! will juz eat enough to satisfy my cravings ba:p

 
Mrs Long as long during HL we dont give birth, they cannot deduct our maternity leaved.



My friend work at Tan tock seng hospital. She was having twins, so she was on HL due to back pain. Than doctor gave her HL for 3 weeks, but her luck was not good last week of HL she gave birth.



So when she informed her HR, her HR says her maternity leaved will start from the day the doctor gave HL. She was very upset. She thought can spend more time with twins cause after birth the twins were in hospital for almost 4 weeks.

Total waster 7 weeks if no babies for her to take care.



So i help her call MOM, than MOM says most goverment sector have tis policy. It totally depend on the company or the organisation.



MOM officer told me the best is after HL finish, come back to work at least 1 day to show the face, so that Company cannot use HL to offset the ML.



I am thinking to start work on 2nd week of JUly by the time i am almost 38 week pregnant. So if doctor induced also i willing. As long as i gave birth after my HL not during my HL.

 
Hi all morning!



Anyone know what is the email for Dr Irene Chua in KKH? I remember someone has the same doc as me. I need to email her to ask regarding some pregnancy issue.

 
Good morning ladies.



Today I am officially 34 weeks. 3 more weeks to go to reach the safe period. Dunno can tahan till then or not.



Since Monday, I keep having Braxton Hicks especially in the morning and night time eventhough I am on Ventolin pills now. Hope BB can stay in there a while longer.



Last night sleep was disastrous. My back was aching, stomach suddenly feel so heavy like a dumbbell was added to it. Turning and tossing around to find the best position to sleep but really tough. Woke up every 2 hours to go pee.



Really hope BB can stay in there for another 3 more weeks.

 
Morning mommies,

Its a lazy wednesday...been so busy in the past weeks rushing for reporting and things. Been reading the posts but didnt reply much. Really looking fwd to my ML which will start on 2nd week of Jul, but hoping to get 1 week HL on the 1st week so that my whole jul would be off.. now am just counting dwn my days and dragging myself to work everyday..

 
grace,

yummy yummy! you know, every time i passed by the frozen food section, i kept seeing the Magnum Gold. sigh. can only desire for it now. wait la, after i give birth, then i gonna indulge [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i see that you're more relaxed now. good lah, sure baby will have healthy weight gain



atomickitten,

wah! you ah! hahaha...enjoy yourself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sometimes i also have sweet cravings. really envy those mommies who can eat anything they want

 
mornin ladies.im on mc since mon.having cramp since last wk n mon start having diarrhoea. Then c doc.he mention tat e symptom of is foodpoision!at least tis is mild as compare i gt it when im w bb during wk 8.my sensitive intestine..

 
morn mommies



eliss

dun think so got bus-stop. actually, where to meet, as long as convenient for you ladies, we can do that, esp those not driving.



ceres

for HL, u nid to chk w ur coy what the policy is. no pt fighting w them over the HL cos in SG, employer's right to accord u the HL or not. it would be worse if it is not a genuine case, i.e. we take so we can rest and ur coy finds out... so whatever u decide to do, advance w caution.

 
Morning mummies,



Cheese, do take care.



Ica, now my tastebud is also more to sweet foods. Used to be sour loving. But I'm really disciplining myself not to take sweet stuffs unnecessarily. I'm happy with current baby's weight and wanna keep it that way.



Ann, jia you, ur baby will stay in you!! I think most of us will have problems sleeping now. Me too. Keep waking up to change positions. But what made me happy is that everytime I wake up at night, baby is still 'playing' inside. So I'll talk n play for a while n go back to sleep. Our due dates are one day apart but I have to make sure I wait till at least 38 wks cos my gynae won't be back till then.

 
Cheese,

take care and rest well. remember to keep yourself hydrated since you had diarrhoea



Ann, fazzy,

i'm also feeling very heavy now, and my legs get tired when i walk a little more than normal. just dun feel like coming to work lor. getting out of bed is also getting more difficult now. sometimes just cannot get into a good position to sleep, especially when i try to sleep on my sides - my baby will move, kick, tickle to make me move to my back. sigh

 
Good morning ladies,

Thanks all for your concern [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] After 3 days of sleep and nothing much but sleep, I'm more upbeat today.



Yeah, gonna enjoy my leave till I pop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Felt good coz I just went through some bb clothings and managed to wash all that I need for 6 months!



Now left hospital bag to pack but not anxious coz roughly know what I need already.



My MIL is very kind, she just brought my active #1 downstairs for a stroll to let me enjoy some peace at home.



My #1 is very funny this morning. When I came home after driving hubby to work, he used a stick to point at my bump and exclaimed very loudly," Mummy, this is a turtle. Is a turtle."



Haha, can't help but laughed and laughed.

 
F8 mummies - Then shall we meet at BG visitor center (near Casa Verde) at 9.45am then? If all okay will sms Allison later. Sun-tan - where you stay? See if anyone of us can fetch you? Junie will fetch DQ right? Then after PS, we go Casa Verde for Pizzas!!!



Other July mummies - you may want to join us at Casa Verde for pizzas maybe around 11.30am?... kekeke

 
Dimsum this friday,



U ladies enjoy yourself ya. Can't join you gals this round coz will be at a chalet.



Photoshoot,

Cool. U mummies gonna look ultra cool strooling down the path of BG! Will be such a lovely sight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Gd morn mummies, woah...photo taking sessions organize for mummies..



woa...pizza n dim sum...can't eat them yet...still unwell loh...ltr going to doc to extend my MC for another 2 days..feeling much better liao

 
good mornin every1!



Finally am free to log in.



hows every1? Dunno why now sleep half way will feel stomach pain and wanna go toilet n sit[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
regarding HL - dunno if my co recognise anot.



thinking to take 1 day for testing . If pass, then i will take 1 week of it then come back to work for a few days before going for ML.

 
eliss,

I stayed at Jurong West. Its ok, think worst come to worst, i will take a cab down.



f8mummies,

Btw, you mummies decided on your top already? I still dunno what to wear. I dun have a plain white tube top leh..my white tube top got patterns and other colour..

 
ica,

ah yoh, last night cannot sleep again. toss n turn, which position also sucks. finally was abt to fall asleep at 4plus am then my daughter woke up at 5am and cry and say want to sleep with mummy. so only manage to sleep after that.

it wasnt so bad with number 1. each pregnancy really different.



eliss,

ok for the plan. pls go ahead and tell allison.

 
Ica, my bed is worse. It's those type whereby my mattress is on a platform, thus very low. So everytime I have to use my thigh muscle to get up. I commented to hubby yesterday that I will have thunder thighs from now on.



Phy, your #1 is so cute!!



F8 mummies, enjoy yourselves at the photoshoot. I'm sure you guys are the attraction that day and Allison won't be the only one taking shots! ;)

 
Need to book Casa Verde Sunday lunch - heard its popular there. All F8 mummies going right?



Makan Venue - Casa Verde at Botanical Gardens

Makan date/time - Sun, 13 June, 11.30am

Makan Khakis (please add to the list yor)

1. Eliss

2. Eliss's HB (tentative)

3. DQ

4. mrslong

5. JP

6. sun_tan

7. Kepsis

8. Geri

9. Grace



I will call and book a table for 10 first...



Who can pick suntan up on Sunday? I stay at east side leh...

 
Makan Venue - Casa Verde at Botanical Gardens

Makan date/time - Sun, 13 June, 11.30am

Makan Khakis (please add to the list yor)

1. Eliss

2. Eliss's HB (tentative)

3. DQ

4. mrslong

5. JP

6. sun_tan

7. Kepsis

8. Geri

9. Grace

10. Jelly + HB + monstar (my #1)



I will call and book a table for 10 first...

 
F8 mummies - i will wear my white tube bra which I managed to buy on Sunday from cotton on (last pc), then wear a white Biz shirt over it (can only change to white skirt on tat day). Would probably bring another casual top for after PS.

 
aiyah - just called Casa Verde, they don't take reservation for Sunday Lunch, said waiting time about 10 mins.... nvr mind shall asked my HB to reach there early to chop seats for us....

 
grace,

ok la, at least can fall asleep. on bad days, i will get up at 3-4am to pee, then cannot sleep till 6am. it's ok if it's weekends but happens on work days too! ya, each pregnancy is different. my mom told me when she had me, it was 3 hours in labour. with my sis, almost 8 hours. and to think that for #2, labour will be shorter. but then my sis was a bigger baby than i was



fazzy,

eh, you're using your thigh muscles to get up, as if someone if pulling you up? when getting up, we should roll to our side and use our elbow to push us up



phy,

your #1 is so cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
hi morn mummies.. rem to share ur outdoor shoot photos okay? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



i also have prob sleeping at nite, i am a side sleeper but now when i lie on my sides, i feel that my tummy skin is very very stretched.



then if i lie on my back, i feel so breathless because baby is pressing on me. yet compared to 1st trimester i dun pee very often. at the most i wake up once at 4-5am to pee and sleep till 7am then wake up for work.

 
morning mummies



Eliss>> Ok with the F8 arrangement (meet-up & lunch). Staying in Sengkang, so am picking DQ up who's just staying a few blocks down the road, hehee.



Ann>> Take care...gynae also prescribed to me Ventolin for my BH but so far hv not taken any, unless really cannot tahan.



RE: Sleeping & walking

Me too, legs feel heavy like lead @ times...can't walk for long, then sleeping position also have to toss & turn until comfortable for me & BB. Tummy feels so hard & heavy at times too, like dumdbells. When turning or getting out of bed, got to "carry" my tummy like that, hehee.

 
RE: Outfit for this Sun's F8 shoot



I'd be wearing the white skirt & a white tube top for the shoot only. HB's white business shirt too big for me. Maybe see if my own white shirt (wear tight fit & without buttoning) can fit or not.



Will bring a set of 'normal' clothes to change into after the shoot.

 
Morning Mummies..



i had BH for the past 2 days.. but yesterday was ultimate one.. i went to the toilet 5-6 times to "try" to poo.. the feeling is machiam wanna LS that kinda feeling.. but nothing came out and the feeling was gone the moment i walk to the toilet... i was so frustrated.. but also keep telling bb to practise but come out 2 weeks later.. haha...

 
Ica, txs for the advice. I roll to the sides but when getting up(due to my low mattress position), i feel that i use a lot of my thigh muscles.

 
morning mummies,



Me also having problems sleeping, tummy keep tightening , wonder if it is BH. resting at home today as I feel really unwell. Went down hawker and brought a ba zha, cost me $3. so exp..





F8 mummies, i am fine with lunch, will check with hubby to see if he keen. btw are we meeting at 945 or 1045, the last email i saw is at 1045am??

 
PS @ 10am, so meet @ 9.45am [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Tdy's BB's movement quite subtle (not as violent as before), cuz maybe BB not much space to move liao? But it's quite uncomfy for me, cuz as if like something being push from within.



Somehow, want BB to come out at Wk 38, feel BB like very poor thing, kenna "squashed" inside my tummy & movements restricted due to space contraint, heehe.

 
JP,

Wah MTM. Definitely not in time for me..



eliss,

Its ok. Will see if hubby in time to fetch me over, if not i can just take a cab down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So meaning you not going to wear tube top? I would bring an extra white business shirt and my "patterned" tube top + tube bra..see which one is the most appropriate bah.



Do you mummies think we can spray insect repellent? Haah i am quite prone to mosquitoes!

 
geri, woa...ba zhang so ex...craving for the ah moy street 1 leh now...cheap n gd...filling alot alot also..



serene..tt's very irritating rite..mi too having tt yesterday..alot of gas n feel like pooing..after walk to toliet..gas put finish liao but no poo..until evening then finally 1 poo..



bb head still refuse to turn dwn..but BH having more common liao..1 day can happen like 8-10 times throughout..

 


ya lor, somemore its from a hawker stall, no "brand " type,



My BH also very common, very uncomfortable



F8 mummies, can anyone of you pass me Allison number?

my individual PS is this sat , had emailed her two days ago but no reply and just realised that

I don have her number.



Grace: wah your hairstylist so popular, where is the salon? me hoping to cut my hair short before PS too but still unsure where to go. my previous stylist left, went MIA. mummies, any recommendations for gd stylists in cutting short hair.

 

Back
Top