(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

With regards to waterbag burstin, some waterbag will not burst suddenly only leaking.in the case of leaking, will it flow to the legs or just as a discharge that will stain the panties??Because recently i have a feeling that something like a white or transparent discharge flowing like menses coming but it is not a lot..So i am not sure if it is just a normal discharge or waterbag leaking.If bb not engaged, then waterbag will not burst or leak is it??

 


Eunice,

in your case it should be just discharge which I have experienced too. If waterbag breaks, water mixed with some blood will leak out. Some may experience small and continuous leaks whereas others will have a sudden outflow in large quantity. So if the flow is uncontrollable and continuous, no matter how small, must look out already. Most of the time if baby is not ready, the waterbag will not break. I learnt this from another forum.

 
Waterbag burst:

indeed u won't feel the contraction when the water bag burst.

I had my water burst for my 1st child. It was a gush of water flow out. The water was warm.

at 1st the colour of the water might be clear, but after awhile, it will be a little light red colour. Maybe can check with the doc on the next visit.

 
today's weather seems pretty hot too... I was out for lunch with my boss n colleagues. Upon coming back to ofc, when i sit on my chair, i realise my skirt was so wet that freaks me out, thinking my water bag burst is it? hahaha ... my boss then assured me that water bag burst n if leaks slowly, can feel n others can see obviously lor...

 
keropi/Jellypurin: thanks for ur suggestion! i will discuss with hubby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



jaclyn: i am also not sure but i packed according to the lists my friends gave.



For mummy:

Face towel

Going home outfit

Nursing bra

Pyjamas

Socks

NRIC and admission letter

Marriage cert

Cord blood banking/donation docs

Bank statement

Camera with battery and charger

Disposable panties

HP charger

Sanitary pads

Slippers

Wet Tissues

Toiletries

Disposable bed pads



For Baby:

Baby wrap/swaddle

Booties and mittens

Going home outfit

A set of long sleeved shirts/pants just in case

Cotton wool

Baby’s hat / cap

 
Got these info from my friend, hope it is useful!



In Hospital :

- Do rooming-in for your baby which hospital encourages, so you can take care of your baby and breast-feed her as soon as she is hungry. However, do within your limits and don’t be overly-zealous that you strain yourself. Rest if you need and ask nurse to put your baby back to nursery if need be.



- It is advised that you allow your baby to suckle your breasts within 1 – 2 hours after birth so she gets the colostrums which are anti-bodies good for your baby. By suckling, it also helps to “activate” the milk production.



- Lie down more, instead of sitting up as you need to rest your back after labour to prevent backaches in future.



- When getting down from bed for the first time after labour, be careful of gush of blood. Ensure your maternity pad is worn properly, otherwise there will be spillage.



- Ask for a printout of your hospital bill before discharge to ensure items are correct.



After discharge:

- When expressing breastmilk, always massage your breasts first for easier letdown and to prevent duct block.



- Be prepared also for lymph nodes on your armpits (like blood-clots). This is due to breastmilk. There is no pain, but you can massage them to get rid of them as soon as possible. It should subside after 3 – 4 weeks.



- Baby's weight will reduce slightly a few days after birth. However, she should gain back the same or more one week after birth. If not, it's a sign that baby is not getting enough milk. In this case, you may need to express your breastmilk and bottle-feed her so you are aware how much your baby drinks during each feed.



- If you are breastfeeding, be careful on DOM consumption. Check with your gynae. You may put a little into your hot food and cook it till the alcohol evaporates. Or add hot water to a small cup of DOM. Drink before you go to sleep every night.

 
Alicia: hmmm not too bad, avent body products r about 50% off. Kleenex selling their wipes, 20 pieces pack, buy 10 get 10 free for $29 dollars. Johnson products about 30% disc. Pampers r much cheaper for e medium sizes onwards, saw many ppl buying car seat but I din study the prices. Cot bed not many choices.

 
Sito

About losing weight. For me, I am quite determined I prefer a "smaller" baby since am considering natural birth BUT problem is I feel guilty controlling my food - I feel like Mum is selfish and starving baby (sigh) so have not dared to try eating less yet. Dilemma .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Baby Bonus is only thru OCBC & StanChart only if am not wrong...so if I'm not an OCBC bank member, think may not need to bring my bank book/statement lah hor.



kepsis>> Issit for all J&J products? I wanna buy BB bath, hopefully it's cheaper than outside.

 
Mrslong: depends on which bath, e top to toe bath is now $6.50 for 500ml, think it's abt 20% disc off e usual price, e normal tt we adults use is range fr 12% to 25% disc.



Ann: I dun see any folding mattress for adults lei. But there is a home furniture exhibition next door so maybe u can try there.

 
yes, Kepsis - that's the one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
My hb went to the expo today, bought a support pillow for BF/Sleeping ONLY AT $36, think its a value buy !!



And PAMPERS diapers for newborn also a value buy!

 
Wow the Avent bottom balm is really cheap, but I won't be going... =( Pelvic bone is hurting real bad, and it hurts to walk a little bit more nowadays... Gynae has referred me for physio, waiting for them to make appt for me.



Went for my 32 weeks checkup, and baby is weighing at 1.9kg. My total weight gain till date is 8kg. In fact after starting my diabetic diet, I've lost 2kg. Otherwise my total weight gain would be now 10kg! Actually it feels good to be eating healthily, but I do give myself some cheat treats during the week, if not very hard to get by!

 
hi everyone

i have a Bloom session with The Studioloft Maryann at old rate of $180 to let go - please pm if keen to take over. new price is $250 now. thanks

 
Kat: same my pelvic is oso hurting. Its the worst when I want to turn in bed... wa can barely do so. Walking still ok for me.. but not for long, i will huff and puff.

 
Hi mummies..

I'm having a serious heartburn + backache now that I cannot even sleep.. So wake up & try to drink some warm milk... Hope it's help.. I'm so tired... still need to work today.. Sian.. =(

 
vivi: end on the 6 june...



gd morn mummies...bought a thermometer yest at the fair, 79buckz.. can use on forehead and ear. think nt a bad deal..



end up buy liao..i m the 1 who started using it first due to fever n sorethroat tt develop over the nite. haiz..

 
hey mummies, do u all know which brand of nappy liner is good or are all the same? pl advise, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
autrum

there are 2 types: one or two way. annakku brand is one way and is more expensive compared to the two way liner ... the idea is that for one way, the pee/poop dun seep thru the nappy.

 
i used tollyjoy when baby was newborn then after that (abt 4months old) bec still using cloth diapers we just used the cheapest option whatever was selling once baby was 4 months old bec skin is more "durable" alrdy .. lol

 
Morning Mummies!



As of today, I am offically in week 35! Gynae's appt tomorrow, hope that everything is fine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But it seems that I am putting on more weight that expected.. Opps, hope baby is gaining weight too. Heehee.

I will be heading down to the Expo Fair tomorrow and hopefully can find a suitable baby cot.



Jasline: Feeling better now? Your heartburns sounds serious, have been hearing you suffering for a long while.. Drink more water yah.. It should helps.



Eliss: Can you help me to update, I think I will name my bb boy as Aiden. Thanks much!

 
KAT & JACLYN,



MY PELVIS BONE also hurts when I stand or walk, felt terrible..but think tahan until birth everything will heal.



I work 1 day den MC 2 days coz of the pain, almost lost balance due to the pain at work..cant imagine.DR asked me to take panadol but I never coz think cannot relay on medication daily, solution just alot of bedrest & it helps abit.

 
hi anyone knows if the marriage cert to be brought to the hosp can be a photocopied ma? I also got my admission letter liao.. but the lady at Gleneagles insist it must be orginal leh! ?

 
serene: thanx! will bring original one..



btw hor.. what kinda hosp bag are your bringing ah? I so tempted to lug my cabin bag.. like so many things to bring leh hehee breast pump already took up so much space.. scare not enough hands to carry bb during discharge!

 
AK -- no need pump.. first few days is colustrum nia.. if really need a pump, hospital can loan. but after asking arnd, its unlikely we need one cause milk will kick in after 3 days...

 
hi minmin,

Thanks.. Haiz ya now working lor.. feeling alright.. Yes this stupid heartburn is killing me for weeks.. Really miserable life.. Now also..



Hope you can find suitable BB cot.. Do update see any nice bargin in the BB show...

I have a pass down BB cot but have not fix yet & buy those needed mattress.. Hahaha.. cos now can't shift the bed thus the BB cot got to be fix up once BB born liao...

 
Mummies hospital bag can bring a backpack bag those haversacks ones. Just separate your items you want to bring in ziplocks bags.



Especially toiletaries, mensturation pads, breast pads, bra, panties, all must be keep in separates ziplock bags.



Baby cloting also in ziplock bags.



Documents in folder also keep in the haversack bag. Mobile Charger and camera can put in other ziplock bag so that we can use it when needed.



So hubby can help to carry easier for us incase we not enough time to home to carry the bag to hospital.



Must show hubby where is the bag so that he know where to find it. Men are always blur in emergency so we must ensure all items packed well.

 
my hubby carrying a back pack for his own stuff.. and my stuff i carry in a "short trip" bag...



toiletries TMC got give.. nursing bras is impt too ya.. dun forget..



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 


Back
Top