(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Sweetkiss,

dun be scared ya. our mothers also went thru labour and during their time, no painkillers and they survived



babycoco,

happy delivery! suddenly we have mommies popping one after another [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 


Yvonne: haha these kind of "cheating dreams" i also had plenty before! though nt hubby's fault, i will be a bit angry w him after i woke up for a while.. very unfair to him i noe, lol... i even dreamt b4 that my relatives stole my bb away from me cos they dun allow me to BF.. hahaha. so lame rite.

 
babycoco

the measurement is not 100% accurate, also depends on position of baby's head. so dun be sad ya. tmrw will be seeing my baby again - i wonder how much she has put on and whether her head is getting bigger

 
babycoco: oh.. i'm nt doing c-sect.. that's why just now i mentioned u replied to wrong target. haha! but i am more afraid of natural than c-sect from the way it sounds..

 
babycoco

if c-sect, 1 tube enough cos c-sect takes only 10-15mins and ur bb is OUT! of course this is minus prep time and sew up... so all in all, i think abt an hr... my 1 tube of epidural lasted me 7hours in labour for my #1. so 1 tube should be enough...

 
Sweetkiss



Ya very lame dream.. so disturbing...

all sort of cant be happening in true life...

my hubby and his cousin got affair??? I think their parent will chop them up 1st!!!



haha.. unless is other woman and not his cousin then i will feel uneasy....

 
sweetkiss, ooops, no wonder you said wrong target. was wondering how come. hahahaha, sorry. meant to be for springleaf.



jellypurin, thanks. i thought since c-sect, maybe need higher dosage to completely numb the tummy etc.

 
Went for check up and wow... 3wks only BB gain 1kg -.-;; Doc say next 2 wks if gain too much again may want me consider induce..

 
Jelly: nope is 2.7kg. But now is 34wks. This thurs going 35wks. But doc say should be 3kg+ when full term which is 37wks. So she say in 2wks time see the BB weight then further discuss if there is a need to induce. She say too big not easy to go natural.

 
ceres

ur bb is slightly bigger than me but nothing compared to my SIL's! we went to see our gyn last week - 34wks. mine was 2.58kg, her's 2.9kg. good thing she must go for c-sect. for me, i opting for natural so bb also cant be too big but i aiming to deliver around 37weeks cos i am super tired carrying my own weight gain and bb...

 
Thanks cos my fren who is pregnant too but Edd later than me by 2 weeks her baby already engaged so I worried. My Edd is in 6jul. Hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
jelly>> aiyo..very "cheem" leh. So means got to wash the breast pump + "sterilize" each time before use?



was wondering when i go bk to work..will be same prob, how to "sterilize". hehee.

 
Jelly: Haha.. ya lor. initially doc very happy cuz BB 1.7kg so she estimate like can be 2kg+ when full term or birth but now 2.7kg she abit scared. She dun wan me to be in too much pain and also like what u say, later heavy hard to walk. so she say see in 2wks time how it goes cuz in 2wks time i am near full term 37wks.

 
Thank you Sun Tan, Pris, Ica, Vivi, Geri, Keropi and all my fellow well-wishers.



Sweetkiss, Im very excited for you.



Ann, would be super cool if we popped on the same day - Ha! ha!



AtomicKitten: My gynae advised epidural coz he said that with GA, I will be very drowsy and also not too good for baby.

 
Jaya, babycoco - have a smooth delivery soon...



Yes if you are doing c-sect, please opt for epi instead of GA. GA takes longer to regain full strength...

 
Just woke up from a short nap again. I think i keep sleeping lei.. dunno why. Maybe today's weather damn good ba.



Jayamum: Haha!! Ya.. would be very cool if on the same day. Are you excited? Tomorrow is D day for you.

 
If i am given a chance to be induced, i will choose 6th July Evening than I hope to deliver on 7th July 2010. By the time BB will be 37 Weeks + 3 days. Now week 35+1Day he is 3kg, so i am pretty sure he will be more than 3kg by week 37.



My gynae like BO CHAP now adays after she had deliver her BB on March.



Lets see on 02 July 2010, when i submit her my AMC scan report. Crossing my finger she suggest for Induced Labour on 6th July.

 
Thank you Eliss and Mrs. Long.



Ann, Im so excited ... for me its like studying for exams. Complete preparation for about 9 months and on that one day you give it your best shot..!! Out comes the baby.. hahahaha.



I cant relate giving birth to anything else hahahha.

 
Jaya, very well said. i hope it will be a wonderful experience for all of us. oh, by the way, according to chinese almanac tomorrow's a good day for delivering baby too!

 
Babycoco,

Good to hear that you're delivering in Mt E too! My mobile is 93627546. Maybe we can contact each other......

Btw, any idea how long we'll be hospitalised? Cos I need to arrange for my confinement lady to come by the time I get discharged leh.

 
hi mommies!



jellypurin: thx for the snappies BP link, just ordered 1 set!



babycoco: wow you this week too! Grats grats and dont forget to keep us updated. You have my HP so if you can't access internet you can SMS us and we can help you update that u've popped =D



For me now i'm just playing the waiting game. Already 2-3 cm dilated so its all up to bb and when he wants to make his appearance. Hubby already pack my hospital bag and his even... put in the car to standby already hehe.



breastpump: Is it necessary to bring a breast pump to the hospital? I was thinking proper milk supply only comes in few days after delivery so is there a need to pump? Nurses will bring baby to latch right? Worse case scenario we can loan a breast pump frm them right? Im so nervous about the breast feeding part. Its a big question mark to me =|

 
hello mummies!

Congrats to those who r gng to deliver soon. envy! envy!



anyways mummies, baby clothes, mittens booties n blankets u all machine wash or handwash...?

 
Aisha - I machine wash than i use dryer to dry them up, wrinkle free and fresh from oven .



Hand washed or machine wash does not matter as long you are using good powder.



But hand wash is cleaner, cause can scrub more human touch and the clothing can last longer.



I am too tired to hand washed, so i choose short cut. Hehehehehehe

 
Hmm, I keep getting mentrual cramp feeling and there's slight green/yellow discharge...



Hmm, wondering if these are signs...



Hubby is away on a camp.. Told him I may give birth while he's away. Told him that I'll tell him after I give birth!



Haha, so today he msged me to ask if I have given birth and #2 cute looking or not [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
phy - I am same as you but the green discharge lasted very long for me... Now my menstrual pain feeling is so strong.... Almost can't bear it

 
Baby_yen,

Any trickle of water leakage? I'm suspecting my water bag may have broken. Adopting a wait-and-see approach. Just put on a panty liner to see.

 
Aisha: I machine washed twice, then left it out to dry... yesterday took all out to hand wash 1 more time. So total I washed three times. Damn kiasu but i want the clothes to feel soft and not like its brand new feeling.

 
Phy - I also not sure cos have discharge... Then now having backache... And also keep having soft stools... Can go toilet 3-4 times a day...



How I hope can pop tomolo haha

 
BbYen,

haha if icanchoose, 24 June is good. My #1 born on 24 dec so if this guy wants to be out on 24 June, the brothers will be exactly 2.5 yr apart!

 
Hi Mummies..



Just came back hm aft seeing my gynae...

bb now weight 2.68kg in my 35 wks and 2 days...



Gynae asked me not to drink milk in case bb too fat and not easy to give birth... and he also asked me to count how long bb take to give me 10 kicks. he gave me 2 sets of timing but i forget...



bb not yet head down...

next appt will be in my 37 wks...

 
jaya, babycoco n Jaclyn... u gals r up next!!!

all the best!!!!

haf a smooth delivery!!!!



I'm so bz at wk lately.... trying to clear my stuffs n handover before my leave starts.

 
CT & Jaclyn,



oh i see.. so machine wash doesnt damage d cloth at all isit? seems like baby's clothes so delicate to do machine wash.. k lah then tmrw i'l juz dump everythin in machine la. hahaha! if not i hv to buy basin to do handwash...



feel like pooping all d time, but when sitting at d toilet bowl the feeling disappear.. is dat BH?

 
ceres,

this is what i'v found regarding rubella.. but my gynae didnt say anything about it. but it shows on my admission letter dat it's positive leh...



Rubella, also known as German measles, is a highly infectious viral infection that commonly affects children. Although rubella infection is often mild, it can be serious when the infection occurs in pregnant women especially in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. The baby may be born with a congenital rubella syndrome which is a condition comprising serious organ defects of the heart, brain, eyes and ears.

 
BB YEN - If you having backache & painful menstruation cramps, it is Contractions.



BH only effect the tummy area, the tummy fell like very thight like got people pull from the side .. Uncomfortable but bearable..

 
Just finishing sorting out the 0-3 months BB clothing, fold nicely in the toyogo box and arranging the diapers area for changing bb.



Only BB play pen not up yet hubby says he will do it once he is free.



Today he came home and told me , Big Shipments coming tonite, 12 drivers including him will be on duty for 3 days. He would not be home for 3 days. I was like HUh? Than he gave me his Boss and his control shipment officer number. IF i dont trust him i can call them. Off he goes.



I dont wished to worry many stuffs. I also know today i am not going to give birth so i hope he comes back safely once the shipment is done.

 
Thank you DQ...



okay ladies, Im signing off now. I will update ya' all via facebook and/or this forum.



Cheers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



PS: if anyone pops in the meantime... my advance congrats.

 
Jayamum n babycoco: Wish both of you a smooth delivery! So excited for you, i cant wait to deliver bb too, but think i still got 1 more month to go.



Just went to c my gyn today, nothing much leh, i was asked to do CTG, to make sure bb is ok, from the graph can see that i have contractions, but he say not to worry as that is only my tummy practising. And he say next week must do a test for my discharge. The nurse say is to test for bacteria or any infection. Any of you did that test? Is it necessary?

 
kepsis: i tink it's the strep b swap test.

I did mine at 30wk when I walked into delivery suite cuz of contractions. met my gynae yes.. said I dun haf to do it again.



btw... now my turn to stress... cuz I'm carrying a big one. 2.7kg at 35.4wks. hope he doesn't grow too big. cuz I'm hoping for natural!

 


Kepsis,

I did that test. If got infection then you need to take a course of antibiotics b4 bb pop & on the delivery day. Becoz If got infection, during the normal delivery might infect the bb also.

If tested with infection, bb after born need to do FBC test to make sure is free from the infection.

 

Back
Top