(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Thanks for all the advices..

At 1st i plan to sleep alone with the bb at nite since my hubby needs to work and i don't want to burden my mum to wake up in the midnite.. but it seems like it will be very tiring for me to wake up alone in the midnite according to what described by Rmummy..

Another problem is if i ask my mum to do confinement for me, my dad and my nephew (2 yrs old)will come along too..

At 1st it is a perfect match since my mum can cook for me and my dad can take care bb..but the problem is my nephew is super active and naughty wor.. he likes to cry a lot too..i afraid that time i will get frustrated he and my bb cry at the same time..

i got one CL who claimed she can come and work for me since her last task is until 29th June..but i oso worry i might due earlier as doc said i might delivered anytime after 17th June =(

oh ya,anyone heard about aunty Yeo? she is the CL lady that i mentioned..but not sure trustworthy or not..



hi Jacyln,

At 1st i quite angry with my MIL oso..we asked her to come over and help for 2 weeks so that my mum wont be so tiring to work alone for 1 mth..but she find many excuses not to come over =( how come mil can said they dun wanna to help ah?? this should be their responsibility to help ma =(

 
Carol,



take it as a blessing.. some ppl don wan their MIL to be so kaypoh but donno how to tell them. Ours automatically don't want to help liao! Its better that we take care of bb ourselves.



However, i really don't think you can cope if its just you. So you really need either your mom, a CL or a domestic helper. You need to weigh out the options and see wats better for you! =)



For me, im quite lucky in the sense that my hubby can be with me all the time and only once in awhile gotto go back to work when needed. So he will hopefully be a big help. Already normally he sleeps at 5-6am type.. so if baby wake up in the middle of the night, daddy will be the one handling and maybe I can continue to zzzzzZzz (although I doubt so hehee) !!

 
just to check, how long will you all be doing confinement for? I heard some 28 days, some 1 calender month, some 40+ days .....



Hopefully mine can be as short as possible hahaa!

 
ya, conclusion is own mother always better than MIL...

AT 1st i oso consider to do confinement at my MIL's hse..cos she claimed that she cant come but she suggest me to go her house.. but luckily last minute i change my mind cos i afraid i ll get post-natal depression w/o my hubby around..

If not mistaken, last time Mrs Wong said we have to wake up at abt 3-4am and let bb latch on cos it will simulate more milk wor..if so, it is no diff if i hire CL since i still need to wake up in the midnite..

 
hi Aisha,

Last time i plan to take confinement meal oso, so did a survey before, more ppl have good comment on natalessential..

but its meal is the most expensive one..cost abt $1.5k...

during confinement you cannot touch water wor..means u cannot help bb to bath oso..

if want to take confinement meal, better to have some1 accompany u oso so that he/she can help bb to bath, get ready the water for u to bath etc..

 
Carol,

err...we can't impose on our ILs to help out. it's like forcing them when in the 1st place, they are not keen. like that will make both sides not happy. same for our mothers. ask them and if they say not keen to help, then find alternatives lor. like Jaclyn said - it can be a blessing in disguise



i saw on TMC's website that they offer confinement nanny services? dunno how good are they

 
Hi everyone

a july mommy as well but not a 1st time Mommy anymore [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope to learn & share with all here. my last check out showed baby is 2.1kg & I'm now in the midst of doing last minute preps for baby's arrival [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
By the way anyone going for TheStudioLoft Bloom photoshoot?





I did one for number one and now thought number two better get one in case they compare when they are older

 
hi ica,

but TMC confinement service until 7pm only, i think their service maybe more expensive than hire a full time CL which only cost $1.8k

 
Ica & Ann, i guess the 3 of us are in the same boat.. Our Baby is slightly on bigger side.



Gynae also says if above 4kg C Section so thats why i want to be induced by week 38 taht is around 6-7 july 2010.



So scary, OGTT test is ok, eat also normal wonder wat went wrong with my body ...



If eat durian i think BB sure will be a Dino baby .. So scary .. 1st son already 3.75kg fukll term i almost die push out, 2nd son 3.45kg 38 week 3.45kg smooth and easy .. This 3rd one i hope to be smooth too ..



will try not to eat rice and bread. Only fish and vegetables for this 2 weeks as my next Gynae appointment at KKH will be on 18 June 2010.

 
Jaclyn - I will do my confindment for 30 days.



Aunty Idah will massage me for 5 days, if she is good i will extend for another 5 days.



Than go Jb weekend for massage if Hubby free.

 
carol theres someone posting an "ad" post earlier here... u might wanna check back?



baby weight -- i jus pray hard that next appt, gynae will tell me that bb's safe to come out anytime.. hahaha... whats the "ideal" and "acceptable" weight ah??

 
my preparation -- im getting quite kan cheong.. and i keep constantly remind myself that... 3rd week of june, i am going to make an appt to do my eyebrow, trim my hair, mani and pedi before i go deliver and walk thru a long 1 mth confinement process... lol...



oh ya.. speaking of confinement, my mother tell me that day... "ah ma (grandma) say.. 2 weeks can bathe bb and touch water liao la"



me: huh? why? i tot 1 mth?

my mom: ah ma say.. last time she give birth liao, 2 weeks later she go out and feed the pigs and cook for the family liao.. ok one la.. she got so many children liao.. hahaha



WAH... my ah ma really saved me!! WAHAHAHAHA..

 
SERENE,



I called up Dr ANG's clinic today am before they open so the phone will auto divert to DR ANG'S hp, managed to speak to him & he asked me to go down again to clinic to do another CTG SCAN.



DR saw my CTG scan today just said my bb ok,felt relieve after that..but contractions are getting stronger daily, hope cervix will deliate next week at 37 weeks & give birth.



Whether can we put on MAKEUP while in hospital for delivery?

 
BABY'S WEIGHT



I think if going for a c section, bb's weight until 4kg also acceptable? But it really depends on your size as well.



MY 1# - 3.3KG Natural with Forceps



2# - 3.8 KG CSECTION with GA



NOW 3# - DR asked me to keep BB's weight at 3kg if want a NORMAL DELIVERY, so I started on diet of brown rice, wholemeal bread & no fruits/ no sweet drinks abt 3 weeks ago, lost 1.5 kg & BB'S weight gain is more normal & acceptable.

 
IM 36 weeks now.



Hope to give birth next week, cant wait felt preganacy is such a long journey ... tired & weak for me!!

 
Bad day at work..i am so sick...of my job! Tmr is gg to be a "war" day for me. At least Fri i would be on MC cos got gynae visit. Just have to draft myself over tmr...how i wish its thurs night now! Argh...

 
eeeleen: Welcome! I did my Bloom shoot with Studio Loft just last Sat at Week 34 & 4 days. Had a fun time and was happy with the photos. Can't wait to receive them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Sito >> I'm 36 weeks too! But I think I'm mentally ready only for baby to came in 4 weeks, not any earlier..oh dear..must talk to the little one to tell him not time yet = )

 
CT,

for my case, I din keep strictly to my no sugar diet- I curi makan sometimes. Now I know lor boohoohoo. My baby's weight was normal 2 wks ago and today, boom! I'm a bad mama. Maybe yours memang big since you've done all you could diet-wise



Carol,

oohh so expensive. Then getting a CL is better



Serene,

how many wks are you now? Coz if baby is of ideal weight but internal organs not that developed yet also no good. Like my baby, her weight is wk37 level but organs are only at wk33

 
thanks vernie [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] any tips? i am racking my brains on what to wear too :p

 
CT: Ya lo.. same as you. I also dunno why BB so big. Maybe becos me and hubby also big size ba so BB also big.



Sito: You having contraction liao ah? That is fast.



Baby position: Just now I was standing in my bedroom and hubby suddenly commented that my tummy look like it had dropped down. Does that mean BB is engaging already?

 
ica -- me at my 34 week... planning for induction at 37 week..



ann -- not necessary.. but bb is certainly moving downwards at this stage.. mine dropped too lol.. i can feel the pressure down there but bb is not engaged yet..

 
Sorry to interupted i got some BN items and preloved items to sell



BN Avent 125ml bpa free bottles (twin pack):$15



BN baby gift set:$12



Preloved baby boys clothes(fox,disney,babyware starting from $6)







sorry i can't load pic here, you may wish to refer to this link if you are interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sagittaurius/ please note strictly no bargain for perloved clothes.Self collect at braddell.sms at 97878819.

 
Ann - My aunty just now meet me at Toa Payoh, she also say my tummy look drop down. She say maybe i will deliver early.



I told her i not sure cause i still got 7 weeks to go. Now only 32 week + 3 days only.



Than she say 4 weeks sure out so she told me not to move alot. Now time to rest as much as possible.

 
eeeleen: Their website provide some guidelines on what to bring. They recommend one set of light coloured and one set of dark coloured outfit. I brought 2 tubes (1 black, 1 white), 1 white legging and my pre-pregnancy jeans. Hubby match me by wearing a white shirt & black polo tee with jeans. Studio Loft have some clothes too. My white tube was not in the exact same tone as my white legging, so Maryann got me to wear their white tube and pants (adjustable) instead. I think u can be as creative as you like. I saw some samples where the mummy wore bikini. An Indian couple that did their shoot after mine - the mummy wore a saree and expose the tummy part. Very nice too!

 
hi all! I'm finally back with some updates!



My last few posts few days back was talking abt a "lump" which dropped out while I pee, tummy cramps n freq soft stools. ok I went for my gynae visit on tue and showed her the picture of the "lump", told her abt the cramp n sudden change from being constipated to poo-ing twice a day with soft stools. Apparently,these are symptoms of labour!



For the "lump" : thank goodness it is not mucus plug! It is actually one whole big lump of discharge due to my very bad yeast infection! can u imagine that! I thought it was disgusting! My infection was so bad that the discharge came off as one whole big lump! In fact, my infection came abt like 3 days after I was treated for it!



The reason why I keep getting yeast infection is bcoz of diabetes! I failed my glucose test.Then I was asked to prick my finger n test my blood sugar 6 times a day right.. during my last visit on tue.. i showed my gynae the results.. she was not happy coz readings too high for her comfort.



okie.. so after clarification of the "lump" and issues on blood sugar.. my gynae wanted to check n see if the infection had caused contractions n she did a VC for dilation. Lucky I wasnt dilated. But immediately after the VC.. while i got off the bed.. I had a terrible cramp on lower abdomen. Gynea saw my face changed and quickly helped me and touched my tummy and she said I'm having contraction. It could be triggered by the VC.



So she immediately sent me to the labour ward to do CTG. Results showed that i'm really having contractions so I was warded immediatlely. I also had an injection on to strengthed bb's lungs and put on ventolin drip. I was discharged this afternoon. My gynae also arranged a dietician to educate me on how to control my blood sugar n what to eat b4 I was discharged today.



Now I had to do two inserts, morning n night, for a week, for my yeast infection. take ventolin pills 3 times a day to prevent further contractions. Take probiotic pills for my yeast infection 3 times a day. not forgetting abt the rest of the supplements. And also I had to continue my finger-pricking for blood sugar test 6 times a day! wow..feel like a lot of medications to take leh.



Now my gynae finally tell me not to exercise BUT she also reminded me to watch my diet very carefully n not to gain excessive weight! I ve abt 3.5 weeks to go before my delivery! I hope bb can gain more weight! at the moment I gain weight faster than my bb leh!my bb is only 2.2 kg at the moment.. I wonder how much weight she can put on within 3.5weeks!

 
Oh I'm not sure if anyone of u rem that I asked abt severe tummy cramp during swimming? that was few months back when I was in my 2nd trimester and started to try swimming. What happened was I had very very bad cramp when I tried to swim.I tried like twice or three times and each time I got it ..so I too scared n stop. Okie..apparently.. the "cramp" which I experienced yesterday after the VC is the same as the "cramp" I got when I tried to swim! They are actually contractions!!! can u imagine I actually got contractions then when I was like 5-6 months only! I am juz one of the rare n unfortunate ones that can get contractions from swimming! The ones I got from swimming was much worse than the one which was triggered after the VC! Swimming is supposed to be very safe n healthy for pregnant woman but not for me! I'm also quite surprise n shock to know that it can trigger contractions for some pple like myself!

 
Atomic: oh dear, wat an experience. And so many different kinds of medication. I already feel I have so much to take liao.. u are worse than me. I need to take my thyroid meds at 6am in the morning, then calcium tablets b4 i sleep, multi vit + fish oil in the afternoon. I also need to prick finger after every meal even though I didnt fail any of my glucose/sugar/urine test (my endocrinologist kiasu).



Rest well please! Bed rest all the way if you can .. this will surely help keep baby inside longer.

 
hey jaclyn.. i think we are almost in the same boat! it feels like there are so many things to do and so many medications to take. Somemore now my memory very bad! everyday got to rem so many things ...very challenging... hee

 
I woke up to wee wee and till now cannot sleep.



I also on medication to Thin the blood, asprin 1 tablet aday ( gynae prescribe as they worry blood too thick baby dont have enough oxygen in the blood) and also mecopan to lower bp cum reduced contraction 2 times aday.



Really hope bb can be out at week 38 so that i can resume normal life, no more medications. THis week just week 33 only. Still got 5 weeks more to go..

 
ica, my fren had her CL in Dec from TMC. it was a last minute thing as her original CL backed out.



she paid $2500 for the CL from TMC. unfortunately, she got one that is blur like sotong and inexperienced (despite assurance from TMC that she is v good). like with any CL, i think it all boils down to luck [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
AK -- take care of urself ya.. 3.5 more weeks.. and all these will be for the better.. contractions are no joke.. and like i said earlier.. dilation can happen anytime.. so whenever u get contractions like these, remember to contact ur gynae ok? Rest well..

 
Good morning ladies.



Serene: Oh.. so tummy lower doesn't mean engaging. I was so worried that it might be engaging and I would give birth any min. BB is still too young. Now only 33 wks and 1 day. I hope BB can stay in there longer till at least 37 weeks then I would be more at ease.



CT: Ya lo.. I think quite a number of us, tummy will start to drop liao. I also experience less heartburn nowadays. Maybe stomach more space liao. But I still get heartburn in the middle of the night when I sleep. I dunno why.



AtomicKitten: I hate the drip part. Cause my heart to run so fast although it stop the contraction. The nurse had a hard time bringing my heartbeat down.



You better have more rest.

 
Atomickitten,

ya, rest more and dun move so much. my gynae also asked me not to exercise anymore lest it brings on early labour coz my baby's head is really low and lots of amniotic fluid



for mothers who are diabetic, like us, if we dun control our diet, esp. sugar, baby can put on weight very fast, espcially now that we're in 3rd trimester. my baby put on 1kg in 2 wks! so take care ya! i'm having quaker oats from breakfast now - not very nice but what to do. i also dun want baby to be too big or come out early

 
pillow,

$2.5k for a blur sotong is very expensive! and i thot coming from TMC, you'll have really qualified ones i.e. nursing + CL background

 
ann -- tummy lower because bb is getting into place but doesnt necessary engaged. but its a good sign, it means that everything is right on time.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] most pple will feel that they are gripping a ball in the middle of their legs when bb gets engaged.. u can try and "feel" for it.. lol..



at this pt of time, my tummy dropped, bb is downwards, pressure at my virginal but im not engaged yet.. keke.. im not worried about engagement la.. cause i watched some documentary, some bb get engaged at the point of delivery when the contraction and muscle push the bb downwards then they get engaged.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



let nature take its course ba.. we worry also cannot do anything.. that make us even more worried and helpless...

 
morning ladies,



AtomicKitten>> Oh dear..u better take care of yourself. A few more weeks to go, jia you!



Am seeing my gynae tmrw & gonna tell her I'm finding walking a little difficult now (only 32weeks). Not sure if this is a cause for concern though, cuz scare kenna confine to bed rest later.



Going to the Motherhood BB Expo tmrw! Looks like it's quite a big scale BB fair. HB said he's going down later to "recee". hehee.

 
gd morning mommies, well at least most bbs r turn head dwn..unlike mine still seating on my pelvis bone happily..tried excerising n talking to bb but he will only act act turn dwn 1-3 hrs then turn bk up again..



i really feeling so tired n scared tt i might end up having c-sec instead..having to crawl to wk nw is so diffcult. last gyane weigh of him is 1.92kg at 32weeks..hope he won't be a big bb.

 
BTW mummies, how does a contraction feel, be it BH or real? Is it the tummy suddenly tighten and does it comes with pain or just feel super-tight/stretched?

 
morning all,



Wow Atomickitten - what a scare for you!



BB Fair - today got full page advertisement... dun noe want to go or not... think BB items gotten 7788...

 

atomic kitten, glad to hear you're ok. diet for gestational diabetes quite simple actually, just cut down on sugar, don't take too much carbo, eat smaller meals etc. i followed it for 4 weeks, lost 1 kg, but must admit now i'm not so strict with myself.

 

Back
Top