(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

mezzo/koaru,

thanks. am trying to separate them as far as possible. but sometimes elson keep wanting to play with didi. =\

to all sick kiddos,

speediest recovery!

joelle,

i received mine le wor.

Joelle

You can call the elections dept and ask them why you have not received your polling card

Yaozi

Am using organic brand GAIA shampoo and bodywash for my boy.

zoie,

Little J generally looks cheerful. Is he doing much better? Can discharge already?

Tersher, Bluey and all sick bbs,

Hope they get better soon.

Joelle,

call the elections hotline 1800 818 0088

I'm usually Gaia on my gal too, but the hair and body wash. It's good. Though a bottle is close to $20, it can last quite a while. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joelle, still havent received. this sat is the polling day. quickly call them.

Yaozi, my bb is using J&J orange colour bottle and Kodomo to wash her hair.

dot, my boy was discharged this morning. Going back for review tomorrow. Hopefully, all will be well. He was so glad to be home, with his toys and big playing space!

brambles, one sign of bronchitis is phlegmy cough.. very chesty..

my bb has hfmd. hais. never go to infant care or childcare also can kena. wonder if korkor has accidentally got it from his school? anyway informed his school le, they said he don't have to attend school tmr. =p

mummies, how to take care of hfmd bb ah? other than cleaning? i know constantly give him water also important. how long will it last? 2 weeks??

forgot to ask pd earlier. the way he put it like so easy, think its too common to have hfmd.

bluey, i only know have to constantly keep clean and hygiene, drink lots of water and have rest. this is according to my sis-in-law. must treat carefully leh, cos last time they didn't know, and the whole family kena HFMD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Missbluey - yes, HFMD is very common, as it can caused by various strain of virus. My gals had it at least 3-4 times when she was in pre-school..even now in Pri 1, she also kena.

The difference lies in the degree of discomfort caused to the kids. And even Adult can get it...so u must take care too.

I think, the jia lat part is the ulcers..really spoil yr appetite and mood. Hence, if yr boy is not eating, u can let him take cold stuff like ice-cube, ice-cream. I cook barley water, green bean soup..served them cold to my kids. Meal time, is usu soupy stuff or porridge..cool them before serving.

Usu it will last abt a week..but for my case, I had cough after the HFMD..partly I gave too much cooling thing.

Bluey

Think yr bb got it fm kor kor. Cos have to seperate them. btw adults can also get HFMD. So constantly wash your hands when in contact with both your kids. they sure no appetite to eat cos its very painful. the only comfort food is ice-cream cos its cooling and have milk and wont hurt the ulcers.

Hope your boys recover quickly

Thanks mezzo, dot & elise.. Received Liao.. N my FIL was keeping it in case we misplace it & so tat on polling day we can go vote as a family... How sweet!

I used JnJ, kodomo, mustela, Gaia n California bb before. I still prefer Gaia cos my gal really smell like an orange after shower.. So refreshing... California is not bad too , the calendula cream is best! Bb skin is smooth like silk..

Bluey, sorry to hear abt ur boy.. Hope he will get well soon.. Have u got the maid to clean the toys n sleeping area.. ? Continue to keep the hygiene so tt kor kor won't get it.. A lot of extra work but no choice... I always ask my maid to clean these area every 2-3 days, cos kids now very actively.. Everywhere also touched here n there, then put in the mouth or use their hands to eat after crawling here there on the floor.. I faint lor after I see my gal crawl around the house, then my FIL give her biscuit to eat! Even neighbor kids come my hse to play, they also wash hands n feet before playing with D.

I am thinking to get a thermal flask to bring hot water out for making milk. What size is suitable?

0.25l will it be too small?

Sparkle

I'm using the 250ml thermo flask and it could accomodate 2 feeds for me. I will refill it at the restaurant, food court or nursery room if required. I like the small size and anything bigger is gonna add load and space on my bag.

gap baby sale at isetan scotts level 4 event hall! a lot of nice things but have to take time to search cos very messy. $10 for each item and buy 5 pcs for additional 5% disc and 10 pcs for 10% disc.

stuffs are more of rompers and casual wear.

Hihi mommies.. I'm bk!! Seems like many babies nt well.. Hope they recover fast fast...

Cath, pat pat... Change gale's name fr piece of mind, then dun harp on what the fortune teller said le... Ur tw trip fun ma?

Any babies started 4 solid meals a day le? Currently zz is taking breakfast, lunch n dinner. Thinking of replacing his 3-4pm milk feed with tea break.

Xiaoxin, don't have to rush to replace baby's meals with sid because in the first year, milk is still v crucial to them. Maybe u can offer milk and a small snack for tea break.

My PD and IFC even asked me to only offer 3 meals when he turns one year old

Jojo, how's yr holiday? Did u cook porridge there? I'm going to HK next week. Dreading the thoughts of settling her meals there.

Xx, I'm only giving bb solids for lunch n dinner only plus 3 milk feeds.

Bluey, how's yr boys?

Jojo, where u go? OZ huh, take pics and upload onto FB leh.

anyone interested to order from ralph lauren US? one of the mummies are ordering something...

xx, my britt havent start 4 solids.....dun say solids, even porridge also dun really like. likes Gerber puffs and pigeon snacks the most, aiyah...

Sparkle, thanks for your sales info!

Elise, I find that after I started feeding zz without much restrictions, he eats more n sleeps better. He's been eating table food n rice for more than 2 weeks le. So far so good. Appetite is 10X better than when I control his diet. I also cooked scallop porridge n he loves it. So usu breakfast is bread/oatmeal/biscuits/cereal. Lunch will be porridge. Dinner will be table food - rice+soup+veg. Lup sup jiak lup sup dua la. I'm hoping to wean him by 18months cos he's refusing fm n bottles. I latch him at least 6 times a day still, sometimes he use me to fall asleep only.

zz also likes to self feed himself now. Create many chances for me to push the spoon into his mouth. Heehee

wow xx, 4 meals ar.. bbR still on lunch and dinner nia.. then sometimes only 1 meal when we're out.. >.< he's still taking those 4-6mths heinz jars, 1 jar for a meal..

zoie, i was worried im feeding bbR too little.. but his appetite also quite small, cant eat alot at 1 seating.. pd told me to give 2 heinz jars per meal.. but sometimes its a struggle to even finish 1 jar.. unless i give his fav - the carrot,parsnip,sweet potato flavor.. it's ok to feed spinach everyday rite? i'm giving bbR bellamys/organix cereal for lunch and spinach and pork/fish porridge for dinner almost everyday.

tersher, it was fun... slow pace and relax... most days we left hotel at 10-11am.. coz gotta wipe bbR, pack his stuff, etc.. i cooked porridge on 2-3 days.. then some meals i hand express bm and mix with cereal.. some meals heinz jars.. i made sure at least 1 meal of solids a day.. coz some days hard to give 2 solids, mayb on the roads or what, then easier to latch ma..

elise, i went melbourne.. hb still haven d/l the pics from camera.. i've been chasing him.. new camera, i duno how to d/l.. haha.. ralph lauren US? im interested... im looking for those woolen vest, can wear with a white shirt inside that type.. cant find in sg lei..

xx, i also latch bbR ard 5-6 times a day, normally 3 times at night (after his 9pm last feed and before i wake up for the day), once late morning, once ard 3-4pm, then once at 9pm. then plus cereal lunch and porridge dinner (if im nt lazy to cook >.<).. im considering having a dragon baby.. if so, may have to stop bfing soon.. but bbR very reliant on nn, esp for his last feed and during the nite.. he's still latching 2-3 times.. worried he's not ready to stop.. duno if he'll be satisfied with comfort sucking on nn without milk or not.. >.<

Jojo, think it's better to give spinach in moderation cos it has high nitrate level. I alternate spinach with brocoli n French beans. Sometimes, I give him green peas too.

Happy mothers' day! It's just another day for me...

Jojo, pd says 2 Heinz jars? zz doesn't take the jar food well too. The most is half a jar probably n so far he only takes banana apple cereal jar. The rest he took 2 spoonfuls only. Maybe can try the bigger jars for bigger babies. Veg wise, I just give wadever we r having for the day leh. Usu it is broccoli, spinach, chye sim, kailan, celery etc etc... He takes broccoli more frequently. Fish wise can have variety also. Salmon, cod, threadfin.

Mummies, Organix has been unavailable for almost 2 weeks in the shops. What are you ladies feeding your babies for breakfast? My boy hates oats suddenly. Everyday battle field during breakfast time. Can we feed them Nestum already?

oh no zoie, i've been giving him spinach practically everyday for the past 2 mths..! too much nitrate will hw? i've onli tried broccoli, spinach and cabbage for green veges.. he doesnt like broccoli so everyday giving spinach.. okok i better give 3 times a wk can liao..

xx, ya pd says the 4-6mths jar so small, he shld be taking 2 jars per meal.. but he can onli take 1 jar at each seating lei.. the bigger jars got alot of things inside which i have not tried on bbR, like onions, mushrooms, tomato, etc.. so i've still been using the 4-6mths flavours..

Tywong, I give bread, oatmeal, cereal, biscuits, brown rice powder for breakfast. Biscuits is jacob's weetameal. Actually bot it for ourselves but zz snatch from me n munch. So it has become his as well.

Jojo, I also haven tried mushrooms n onions. Onions sounds so yucky. They're going to be one yr old soon. N I think by then, they shd be able to eat almost anything right? I'm working towards that n weaning him off my nn by 18 months.

hi mummies,

my #1 is ok - so far so gd, no hfmd. *cross fingers*

my #2 though have hfmd, but still have greedy. but abit affected his mood, quite cranky. ever since he is sick, he has been sleeping on his tummy. wonder why. he has been quarantined from #1, even his toys. mostly stay inside my room with me. i don't really touch or hug #1 since im looking after #2.

my #2 so poor thing, can't go out, can't touch his korkor toys. nua in my room till he almost go crazy. i play with him till im running out of ideas. my maid want to bring him stroll along the corridor also cannot. when can we actually bring him out ah? 2 weeks later?

huh? hfmd can happen over & over again? haiya, thought its only 1 time thing. ignorant me.

hello mummies.... finally got time to come in liao.

sian jacey is down with cough over the weekends, tonite got to bring her to PD.. cough is very disturbing...

ty

i've got extra organix cereal packs if u want.. jojo not taking v much alr.. he's usually on porridge and milk

thot some mummies wanted to playdate today.. haha.. but in e end, guess all v busy? today my helper's off.. i'm maria le

xx, please tell me how to make bb have more appetite like your zz. sigh,

Rabbit, what happen to jacey? have her to take more rest and take medi on time. recently the weather is getting so crazy that i dun feel like going to places without aircon to have my lunch!

Jojo, 2 jars! my gal dun even want to eat 3 spoonfuls of that jar food. all spit out, food all wasted and throw to the dustbin, now i have phobia of letting her eat any jar food again as its a big mess and a big struggle.

does anyone knows if PD will prescribe any 'Kai Wei' vitamins?

bluey, i only know must keep very hygiene during the time your little elvan having HFMD. now he still got scratch?

Hopecg, I also wanna go your house to play. Keep me in the loop! Speaking of being maria, now I feel so bored n lost n meaningless bcos I'm just entertaining/staring at zz whole day. Fingers itching to do housework! Hb says I'm crazy...

Elise, rem zz also had lousy poor appetite not long ago? I see open n things just got better. I let him play with bowl, spoon, candies, coaster wadever that cld distract him while I strap him in the highchair. n provide finger food like carrot, apple, broccoli. He will feed himself while I stuff my spoonfuls of rice/porridge/oatmeal into his mouth. When he starts throwing food on the floor, means he's had enuf already. It will be super messy after eating. Just drag the highchair into the toilet n give it a good shower. But hor, needs lotsa practising for us. When my mil n my hb feed, they also keep saying zz dun wanna eat already. But when I take over, I can feed finish the remaining food. Heehee!! N try not to give snacks 1hr before mealtime. I dunno abt kaiwei vitamins, but u can try feeding a little milk to kaiwei before feeding solids. This is wad I read la.

xx

you are crazy.. hahah!!! hw come itching to do hsework one? haha.. i hope that happens to me next time when my helper is gone! actually can imagine your boredom, a couple of times where i was off work early and headed home straight with loads of time to spend w jojo, i also like.. huh.. wad shall we do now?.. haha!

elise,

he nv scratched. the red dot are slowly fading away. the pimple-looking-like on his lower lip is drying up. i guess he should be on the way to recovery bah.

haha xx, i loled at your comments, you got maid leh, ask her to do housework lor. hmmm, i find that you really got a lot of patience, i've got no patience after my britt keep on booing the food out and i'm so tired to feed her already. i always try to tempt her with gerber snacks leh, she loves it. anyway shall try what u say, distraction! haha.

Hope, u organizing playdate huh? when?

ladies, u all got any ideas where to buy cheap partywares? like paper plates, cups, birthday ballons, streamers, those kinda things?

bluey, u can apply soothing aloe vera on it. it will heal faster

Elise, I also need to buy partyware. Where did the shops at concourse moved to?

Hope, yalor. But I think having the maid benefits zz greatly in terms of seperation anxiety. Cos he knows I'm ALWAYS there for him, he is able to play by himself while I scroll my iPhone away or walk to the kitchen to do something. In the past huh, he screams once I lower him down. Thanks God for everything!

Elise, try to give healthy finger food if not later little Britt might have of the habit of snacking during mealtime. Jiayou!!

Back