(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

irma, i believe wat u heard is tat usually #1 arrives earlier than expected, e.g. 2 weeks before EDD (of coz there are always exceptions). whereas wat the ladies are refering to is the duration of labor, which is tat #1 usually takes a longer labor process...

tigerbaby: ah!!! yes2.. u got me right... so, isit right that 1st bb will arrive earlier than the EDD given?

Hi

Please include me in your list

Name: momoworld

Edd: 6th Jun 2010

Gynae: Dr Watt Wing Foong

Hospital: Raffles

Baby Gender: Boy

Expecting No: 2

Working Status: FTWM

Thanks!

Tigerbaby & Irma, yah lor... My mum and colleagues also told me that first baby will come out earlier than EDD but labour will be long and painful... SIL gave birth 3 weeks earlier so I hoping it's true!!!!

yes, gynae oso told me 2nd one will pop faster than #1. My labour is abt 4 hrs plus for #1. So she warned me if waterbag brust or regular contraction must rush to the hosp. Don't think of going back home for a bath or take hosp bag. She guess the labour process for #2 will only take 2hrs plus.

Irma, Tigerbaby,

I must be the exception then, deliver after EDD as well as quite short labour.. water bag leaks at 5pm+, contractions begin around 2am and give birth by 6am - could hv been earlier if not b'cos my gynae is not there yet!

Dun worry abt baby coming out earlier or later.. unless we are talking abt premature bb, trust that baby will know when they will wanna come out.. like what Kelly said, I am going to give some dates for my prince to select also.. hee

Anyway I will aim to get all done 2 wks before my EDD..

thanks cherriegg & Rachel for the BB Expo info! u mummies going to cheong down? for me, i cannot stand huge crowds, dunno why now standing only for a little while, i will get leg pain so easily. and very very tired, after a while wana sit down oredi

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]koaru, actually im fine la with whether bb wants to come out earlier or later.. but wat scare me.i asked gynae whens the latest we can book bed (for KK)... then he said anytime.. then he say, "u won't know when b decides to come out, can be early can be later. if early, & u havent book bed, THAT'S IT!"

Irma, for no 1 normally will start with show or dilation at gynae visit. Mostly water bag burst is already during labour where bb is in birth canel. For first time mothers should be able to feel the intense contraction. For 1st pregnancy labour takes 12-24 hours. So don't worry and take a bath before going to the hospital. Haha!

My 1st one show starts after 4 days of edd. Ended up csect cuz bb not engaged even head down. Agreed the last few days was the most terrible days where u will keep thinking n thinking if u will pop anytime.

ya i believe its all depend. Some ppl do dilate faster. So must act fast. I delivered my #1 at 37wks & 4days. Last visit checked with gynae will bb come out earlier or later. She say should be abt the same as #1.

irma,

my #1 was what bliss described. super slow dilation & labour was up to 13hrs+. both of us waited till neck super long.

bliss: wah! 12-24hrs!!!!!???? then the bed booking wont be out of the time that we "book" meh? no need to pay extra ah?

elise,

i lied down there, i didn't knew can moved around. so got to check with the nurses there k. watched tv (got scv), tried to sleep but failed cuz of so interruptions eg. nurses walked in & out. hubby super sian, also walked in & out, then said really regretted for not bringing psp along, hahaha.

Irma, actuly labour starts with mild contraction and u may not feel it. Some ppl didn't know they are in labour even 2cm dilated. About 4cm dilated and u will start to feel the contraction.

For 2 pregnancy onwards will be faster cuz they might only realise when is intense pain.

So go to hospital only when is 5 mins contraction. Too early will end up induce or e-csect.

I nv deliver naturally before hor! Just sharing what I read up in the past re labour.

bliss: yes2..i think i've heard of it.. my fren who gave birth to her first bb.. her water broke & was in labour. but she didnt realise.. then suddenly..2hrs later she gave birth.. fast wor...

Irma, your friend's story is scary. now i am having nightmares of giving birth oredi. dunno how will it be like when i give birth. my colleague was telling me, when your water bag breaks, don't be too fast to go to the hospital. take your time, have a cup of milo and eat some biscuits, or else u got no energy for pushing the little baby out. have a bath first, or else you wouldn't be having the chance to bath

Jalgal, i think lasery2k is July mummy.. think she post wrong? see her EDD..

Welcome belle_abb & amoroux

Re: Delievery Date

I hope my bb girl only come during end of May than mid May.. though I'm looking forward for her arrival.. but I dun really wish her bdae fall on dates where skool arranged for mid year exam.. so not enjoyable to have bdae on exam..

Wah baby fair this wkend. Nice. Although I have bgt most of the stuff, but think I will still go dwn n c c look look. Hee..

Friday will b my 34wks checkup, after tat will go expo. Hee...

Today, back to work after a wk long mc. Sianz... Office was doing so upgrading work with drilling frm morning till late afternoon. and it's right below my office. Can feel the vibrating lo. Haa.. Make me headache n dun knw where to hide or hw

to avoid it. Haa.. Luckily only one day affair.

Rainelle: I never that of tat. I only told my hubby that baby next time no one celebrate bday with him cos June school holiday. Hahaha..

Hi Mummies,

Congrats on your new born! I believe you must be having a bundle of joy.

Thank you for your time.

For your info, Tokio Marine Asia Life has been in the market for more than 60 years in the market. Our company even came out in the article as the one and only insurer in Singapore which has never cut our bonuses to clients, even during the SARS period or 1997 crisis.

You can take a look at our website at http://connect.tmasialife.com/index.aspx.

Attached, savings plan and protection plan for your reference.

TM Education

It is just an illustration. Premium amount can be arranged to meet comfortable level. The purpose of the illustration is catered to meet the tuition and living cost of teritary education in Singapore.

Savings option can either be in 5 years or 10 years. Guaranteed return option can either be $30,000 or $50,000 as well.

If the illustration is based on Guaranteed $50,000 and premium term in 5 years. There is also an option to withdraw the Guaranteed $50,000 at stages - age NB19 ($20K), 20($20K) and 21($10K + non guaranteed amount) or to accumulate the whole $50,000 and take out at maturity that is age NB 21 - should you wish to accumulate, the Co will give an interest of 3.75% for 3 years).

LifeStyle LP

As for the protection plan, premium term option is 5,10 or 15 years. Illustration is based on $100,000 sum assured for Death/Total Permanent/Disability/Dread Disease. Premium term is 5 years only. The plan covers whole of life. When the assured reaches 65, she can withdraw, $4,000p.a. for as long as the assured live. At the same time, the assured have the option to withdraw the bonus as well. It is not a loan for withdrawal like traditional life insurance policies.

Mummies, I hope this will provide you with some options. Should you have any queries, do give me an email at [email protected]. Will try my very best to address your queries.

NO OBLIGATIONS!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Leng

TM Asia Life Singapore Ltd

raleigh, hahaha.. at least June holiday u could make arrange to invite his/her little fwen prior informing their parents.. anyway when they reached secondary oso know how to ownself go out with fwens.. lol.. so holiday is much better than Exam period..

Re:Labour

I better nt take my own sweet time tis time round since my #1 oni took 2.5hr shd predict my #2 maybe 1hr plus. Pray hard.

Re: Wet Wipes

I'm using Annaku for my #1 so far as good. If possible, can go JB buy coz much more cheaper think e price is e same bt 1 is in ringgit n sg dollars.

Anyone encounter soreness at ur virgina area? My is e type of soreness whereby it follows mi oso every time I move my legs. Even when I'm wearing my shorts, I feel pain n sore. Duno izzit dilation or wat.

Jolene, me! me! I have the soreness u described. sometime it's so painful until I cried.... As long as there's legs movement, the pain will be there. Sigh....

good morning ladies..

jolene: thats dilation? scary wor... i got feel too, but as and when.. not everytime..

psst! aft make love, thats the time will have the pain.. sore feeling..then when go toilet, will have burning sensation.. but the day aft wont have liao..

jolene, me too.. feel the soreness..

Rainelle,

I tell hb and frens that it be good for baby to come out not during exam period. I pray that she will come out after 1/6 as my EDD is on 7/6

hi mommies,

im from the march thread. have an unopened bottle of GNC fenugreek to let go at SGD 25, price is negotiable 'cos i don't want to let it go to waste.

PM me if interested pls [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks!

bliss,

ya, mine was exactly like what you described! i don't even knew i was 2cm dilated then.

anyway, i think exercise helps to speed up labour process. so hope all my walking exercises help. keke.

jolene,

me too, also experiences soreness @ vagina area. T_T

hihi piglet...

u stay at sengkang too?

I just went for my 34wk checkup last evening..

~haiz.. bb head haven turn down..have to wait if by 38wk still not sign of turning down.. then gotta got for c-sect..

super sian~..

i have been telling bb to turn.. but seems like he is quite stubborn... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

lin,

i bought the medela freestyle from the u.s spree...it is very portable and light as compared to PIS backpack and others....

u shld order soon cos waiting time is few wks...

Soreness @vaginal area

I think it is quite common esp towards late pregnancy..read that it has sometimes to do with increased blood flood at the vaginal area. But do take note if the swelling is accompanied with itch, odour, burning sensation..cos it can mean yeast infections which may lead to preterm delivery.

hey mummies who are going for the gathering, i have just sent an email with all the contacts! C u all tmr!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kelly,

I just got the freestyle from Leng Leng last sun. Express shipment and it took less than 14 working days to reach S'pore. However I have yet test the pump.

Do you buy the softfit or personal fit? reading thru the April forum, some mummies feel that softfut is not that durable especially after 3-4 times of sterlization

During last lesson on sun, I asked the childbirth education teacher which pump is better. She told me that some feedback that freestyle cause some lumpy to our breast whereas PISA dun have such complaint.

PISA is good but it too heavy and troublesome to bring around.

Lin,

u took express shipment uh?? i tested the pump liao...agree tat the softfit is more comfortable n doesnt look very durable cos of the soft portion...actually i bought extra for both softfit and personal fit, personal fit i went for 1 size bigger aso...hehehe....just in case the nipple grow too big after deliver...whahahah..tinking of switching between both whn breasts feel sore ....

Is this casued by milk is not fully expressed out?Previously whn i used the mini electric n occasionally i felt lumpiness aso...so i jus use my hand to aid/massage in the squeezing of milk at the same time...

Hi Mummies,

I've missed so much the last week and more, the thread's moved so fast. Been really crazy at work for me so could not post messages.

Went for my Growth Scan yesterday (Hospital calculation is 32w6d, BabyCentre calculation is 33w6d, due 15/6), baby weight was 2.115kg, but amniotic fluid flagged out as reduced and now at borderline low. Having my next scan 2 weeks later to follow up on this. Any other mummies experienced this? Any advise on how to 'increase' amniotic fluid? Right now I'm just trying to drink more, doctor says to take it easy and get more rest. Fingers crossed everything will turn out alright as we would really like to have a natural birth when it's a good time for baby to come out as well.

For constipation (post iron tablets):

The one thing that really helps as well is dragonfruit. I take one whole fruit each time though. Also not as sweet as prunes.

And for waterbag burst:

Our birthing consultant recommended shower curtains for the car hahahah...but I think we don't really need to go that far, I'm thinking the large incontinence pads and many towels should do.

I wish I can join the outing but my bronchitis have not fully recover so I better don't go around spreading to everyone!

Anyway anyone know where can I buy muslin cloth to wrap baby?

Lin, i think from 26 May is a safe period whereby exam already over.. so i keep telling baby girl to come out after that.. lols.. my EDD 3 June lo.. if early 3 weeks just nice exam period.. =.=

momoWorld, dun worry too much.. as some mummies were saying, some baby only engage when it's time to labour.. just keep telling baby lor.. dun get too stress up by it..

Kelly,

Yes, took express shipment thus additional $20. I called my fren just now and she told me that it common, just make sure we massage the breast after each pump can le...

I will try to test the pump and was teling hb that can he be my model... lol

rainelle,

Agree with u, after 26 May better at least they can play in school and got frens to celebrate = )

momoworld - my husband house is @ sengkang..but @ times i'll come bak jurong..

tat time i went 28week check up oso baby head is on top...but i heard by 36 weeks if baby dun turn..most likely they wun b turnin..

u book raffles? did raffles hospital send the form to u n ask u to fill in the form for adminstration? cos i chose Mt A, they send me the form..on top they wrote to brin it durin Admission but another letter wrote to send in or fax in..so i'm very puzzled..

head turnin down

i duno tis helps or is it by coincidence..my frenz ask me to put 1 hand @ top right another @ bottom left...den do the twistin motion..like right hand push to the left den left hand push to the right..like turnin a wheel..^^ tis is wad her gynae teach her...so i do try..mayb u can try...i do it b4 i go shower..

Irma- Dun think its dilation bt e feelin is juz duno lyk tear or wat. U still can make love? E tot of it already freak mi out.

Back