(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

missbluey

can add me on FB? mine is [email protected]

Jolene

i vote for javian tan

Jojo

me left with one quarter of the clarins stretch mark oil. Also thinking to get another bottle or not or just let it be...can already see red streaks appearing on the tummy though hv been diligently applying the oil.

dot

((hugs))..dunno what to say abt yr hubby..maybe he is facing some stress at work, and expect you to be understanding. And we expectant mothers also expect our hubbies to be more forgiving, more caring esp at this stage when the discomfort kicks in..

Just now, my hubby also commented that lately I flared up easily..asked me to go and sleep if I am tired..cos he is also tired to hear my complaining here pain, there pain..hiaz..I told him to carry 2 kg of watermelon 24x7 and see if he will complain as well..

Come to think of it..I actually felt better after the nap..it was frustrating for me to catch up my sleep at night..the recent hot weather also plays a part in increasing my temper..

mezzo,

added you liao. already sent you an invitation to join the group le.

dot,

preggie women are more emotional plus with our increasing discomforts, we tend to be flare up easily. like what bebe75 mentioned, maybe your hubby is facing stress @ work bah.

take a breather & do the things you like to do to take away your frustrations. -hugs-

back ache again!!! =<

Dot, from what I observed, most men are simply like that– they don’t like to be involved in all these micro-planning. Wedding prep is like that, Baby prep also like that. My girl friends are always upset with their men, say they ZERO INITIATIVE. And then those men will come and complain – ask me why their beloved behave like that – what do they really want?

For me, I have tried to manage/lower my expectations –everyone including myself believe that my hubby is the best hubby around (he is really very nice guy), but fundamentally I know he is also like most men – they don’t like to do such things -I don’t expect my hubby to actually spend time reading books on baby’s development, but he attends the course with me. I don’t expect him to research on what to buy for the baby, and I buy most of the items myself, but he will help to carry if he is around. But eventually I’m still the packer – cos he really doesn’t like to do packing. He still goes on biz travels, but he is considerate enough to cut down on his biz travels in the past months and cancel all travels in May & June.

I think have to give and take – compromise to make the marriage work. And most importantly, keep yourself happy – I will go to my mum’s when my hubby is not around, or I will catch up with friends over dinners or go shopping /massage etc to pamper myself. The last thing we want is a depressed mother – so try to be happy yah? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dot,

I not good in giving advise but i do acknowledge that sometimes men dun really understand what we going thru now unless they are in our shoes, preggy with big stomach, experience those aches & pains.

They feel that preggy woman got unusual hornmones which make us cranky which it is not true at all.

Now dun get piss off with him ya, another 8 more weeks + to go.. let him do what he wants to.

Now most impt is your baby, thou it not easy for you not get upset which anyone will be when they are face with such situation.

Sometimes I am upset, I will look at my stomach and stroke lightly, telling my baby how I feel and lastly reassure baby that nothing can upset mummy and mummy is looking forward to for his/her birth. Mummy loves baby = )

A key note is that When you are happy & positive, baby will be a happy too..

jia you... hugs hugs ...

dot: aweee.... yeah, maybe like bebe says, hes having problems at work and prefer to keep to himself. n could be that he didnt realise that hes treating you unfairly...

maybe aft dinner.. sit infront of TV, massage his feet or shoulders, smile sweetly to him.. then ask, "is this ok?" *wink wink*

Dot,

agree with jasmini.. I guess man will never understand pregnancy as much as us and sometimes its really hard to even explain.... so hang in there that is what we women are truely good at [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dot,

yea, sometimes men don't understand what preggie women are going through. like sometimes i complained to hubby about my backaches/pains, he said i many problems. -.-" luckily, he still could change his shifts just to acc me see gynae. it was only when hubby saw how i delivered our son, @ that very moment, he told me women are the most noble ones. =)

any mummies going for Jamu massage after birth?

Im thinking if I should engage one.. Cos for my #1 I din.. so i still have the "5 mth" tummy look even 3 years after birth,...

so not sure shld i go for it for my #2.

any advise?

dot, i really do sympathesize with u! why your hubby not understanding one? u are carrying his own flesh & blood. yes, he is stressed but did u told him that you are very stressed as well? due to him not around, and you feel insecure, etc etc

U must tell him, that both parties have a role to play in the bb stages, esp now, since you are in the last trimester. u can also say u understand abt this wk stress, but then after work, thats it. as for u, work stress, come home also stress. which one is worse leh? Hope he gets it leh. Jia You!

irma, after give birth still need stretch mark cream? i tot only use up till delivery..

dot, i dun have those issues with hubby and even before preg he's been doing more hsework than me (he washes the toilet, wash and iron his own clothes) then after i preg he even took up cleaning my cat's litter for poo poo everyday.. but even with that i still always feeling he dun sayang me enuff lei.. coz he's nt the very expressive type, wun surprise me with presents or say flowery stuff.. he's down-to-earth type, just do but wun say.. so i feel not doted on and pampered enuff.. then when i ee ee ar ar ouching in pain when i get up from bed or walking to toilet, he also cont watch tv like dun bother.. at nite also never come pat pat my tummy or talk to baby everynite.. i expected him to be more involved with the pregnant me, maybe apply oil for me, massage me etc etc but he nvr do all these lo.. so i try to console myself and tink that my hubby sayang me in his own way, may nt be wat i expect.. mayb ur hubby tink tat working hard outside for both ur future is his way of showing his love.. some guys are just nt good with being very ti tie and sensitive... look on the bright side...

jojo: can use stretch mark cream aft birth to prevent more fr coming mah.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] becoz i believe they have vit e.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my hubby like urs too jojo... wun give surprise hugs or kisses one..

Dot,

I face the same issue as you 2 weeks ago .. All along i've been doing all the chores myself.

Intend to have a part time helper when i reach 6 months pregnant. But in order to save more i decide not to have one as i am still able to do the chores myself. But my hb became more and more 'lazy' kind. Maybe due to his work, when he gets home he tends to slack, watch tv or day dream etc..

Even on sunday he doesn't work he also does that..

i got so irritated too.. every sunday i will wash 2 toliet, change bedsheets, spring clean the whole house and that tummy is really getting in the way. especially squatting up and down and washing the toliet.. one sunday he actually sit on the sofa and watch his tv while i did everything on my own .. i cried after that as tummy starts to cramp so badly after i sit down n relax.. he told me "nobody asked you to do. if you can't do it just leave it alone"

i wasn't in the mood to talk and went to bath my son.. also by myself..

until one day we sit down and talk.. i told him that if he is not going to help out either pack his bag and go back to his mom place where he don't have to wash the toilet, the dishes, sweep and mop the floor OR get a maid for me.

i explain to him that the toilet will not be clean is no one is washing it.. (cuz he find the toilet is not dirty at all!) i did explain to him that he got to balance work and home.. he got to help me with the chores or i will die taking care of chores and 2 kids in the future ..

well, it went inside his head and guai guai wash the toilet every 3 days and mop the floor when he comes home at night.

my hb is those who is good in organizing stuff. so he does the packing and moving furniture etc but very slow in chores .. he will dilly dally till day break kind and i'm those who must quickly finish in 3 hours bath and rest kind.

man will never never understand the load in our tummy.. the discomfort we are experiencing .. but only way is to talk to them properly. really sit and and tell them seriously how we feel..

jolene,

me vote for Javian Tan aso...

Dot,

dun be too hard on yrself,ya...i understand la..my hubby aso nd to travel often and i smtimes aso complain bt bor bian lor...work is work ma...and smtimes, i aso said tat u very gd life hor....once tired can jus say, i tired liao...i nd to slp...bt i can neber say tat to him....so smtimes, give and take lor..maybe yr hubby tis china expo is very impt to him so he has to be there?? We at tis stage can be veri emo at times, every little thing can get on our nerves....so jus breathe in n relax uh....*hugz*

Mezzo17,

so the Dr P hv no wings uh?? Aiyo...i dun knw hw to use w.o wings leh...scared will leak....hmmmm...

Re: belly button pops out

Hahaha....i am proud of it leh...i tink quite cute leh...and i dun care if ppl say aiyo y yr belly button pops out....bt dun wori...it will pop bak in after delivery....my son likes to use his finger and play with my belly button popping out aso...hahahahha....

bliss, i think its for all outlets cos it nv indicate tat it's only for orchard point. maybe u wanna give them a call to confirm.

raleigh, believe it is open to the public, just tat members get some special buys at a lower price.

dot, seems like there are already some unhappiness within both of u for a while already. maybe can find a good time to talk things out nicely. dun let the feeling continue to accumulate. not healthy for long run.

ladyinBliss...better dun tire yourself unnecessarily..still not too late to get part time cleaner...you still have #1 to take care right?

For me, I engaged a PT cleaner when I was abt 6 mths..though I know it will save $$ if both hubby and wife share the housework..but hor..hubby also very tiring after a day at work..and if he does the cleaning..I will also pick on this and that..in the end I reckon I rather spend the $$ and avoid the unhappiness and discords..

backaching..

Now I am experiencing backache on my right lower back..near the spine..no matter if I sit or stand or bend...the nagging pain is still there..very "sng" "sng" pain...and every now and then I experience braxton hick..the whole tummy "stone up"..I can hardly move or breathe...a bit worry that I might not take it when the actual delivery comes...wish I can offload now...no appetite to eat at all..just realise that I only drink a glass of barley drink for lunch...hiaz...

Re: Weight Gain

I think hit 12kg-13kg lo.. not too sure.. gynae visit tml.. lols.. really hope dun gain much.. lols..

Re: Baby Movement

Baby has been moving a lot today in the morning till 3plus afternoon.. but the worst thing she did is to press against my bladder and happily kicking away when I have the urge to visit toilet while travelling in BUS!!

Re: Overflow

Dun usually overflow.. but always stained at the butt crack when slping.. so i will stuck a tissue/toilet paper roll at my butt crack the 1st 3 days to prevent leaking.. =X

Re: Maternity Pad

Still unsure whether the normal pad will do a great job or shld buy the thick maternity pad for standby..

Sandy, what happened to u?? Get well soon.. take good care hurs!!

Sheryl, 1 mth plus to go! jiayou!

Welcome chu_chu_pp

Shen, Today my 1st day of week 33!! lols.. going to book the bed tml..

Re: Belly button

Mine din pop out.. but hole getting swallow.. lols..

Jolene, Javian Tan!!

dot, dun be so upset or angry.. sometimes guys just dunno how much a preggy suffer especially our hormones changes a lot.. try to set up the nursery bit by bit or only with the help of ur part time helper.. no point rushing..

sumtimes i oso think hb not very involve with my pregnancy.. no talk to my girl or sayang my tummy.. i think throughout the pregnancy he only sayang once on his own will?? lols.. den like what jasmini was mentioning.. i oso getting the baby stuffs myself etc.. oh well, dun put high expectation on guy..

today hb was saying he worry to go labour room sia.. need to see all the blood etc.. den i was saying, u can look at my face lo.. anyway we will be the one suffering with pain.. den i mention if fast maybe 2 hours settle.. long i oso dunno how long.. i wish max 4hrs cos dun wan epi.. den he go wah, den u will be in pain throughout for so long ah.. i was like arbo u think dun need to wait for dilate, the hole will suddenly just zip open and baby just pop out ah.. =X see? how ignorant is him.. =X

bebe: u tried to stretch2 to ease pain? take care ok..

rainelle: ur hubby so cute.. hehe~ then somemore you added "hole will open and bb pop out.." hehe~

Dot

Sayang sayang, it must be very hard on you. My husband travels a lot too and he may need to travel in June, when I'm due! Imagine how I felt when he told me that. He even asked if I'm willing to do a C-sect to accomodate his schedule. Faint... But he's attitude is a little different from that of your husband's, so all I can say is that communication is important. It is a very emotional time for us ladies so of course we expect our husbands to be more considerate. However, after years of dating and a few (horrible) boyfriends, I have come to lower my expectations. I'm not saying this in a negative way, but the way men are wired is really strange.

Sigh, what to do? In the end, he said he won't travel in June on his own accord. I didn't and couldn't pressure him, cos he keeps telling me that he is very stressed at work and he needs to keep his job for me and baby. So there you go, what can you say when he brings this up? Of course, he said it nicely, but it still irks me.

I gathered from your post that you're already doing a lot at home for yourself, and I think you're very strong to stomach all your grievances. Just try to continue to talk to him nicely, maybe it will help? No point showing him black face, it will only make him more defensive. I'm also doing my best when my husband irritates me, cos now that I'm pregnant, really have no energy to pick a fight.

Hang in there and if need be, sit down with him and a neutral third party, like a counsellor or a very objective relative? All the best and I hope things work out for you. You can PM me if you need to talk. Marriage is hard work, isn't it?

Irma, but his thinking is cute wat.. even pass motion have to wait sometimes.. dun need to say for baby lor.. where got so easy/fast.. maybe watch too much tv/movie.. misleading.. everytime, oh no waterbag brust, wan give birth already.. send go labour ward, awhile baby is out.. lols..

missbluey

can help add me in the MTB June 2010 group?

Jolene

javian sounds nicer... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hahaa.. all men complain hw fussy and how much we preggy ladies can complain and grumble during pregnancy!

lucky in the sense, he helps to look aft #1, which lightens alot of wrk and moving ard! Very often i will nag of cramps, sores, tiredness..

Like last nite suddenly leg cramp until soo unbearable i woke him up.. he STUN.. LOLx dunno wat to do..

gathering

You gals go ahead. Coincidentally I can't make it for that week. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope can join in the next one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dot n bliss, same issue! Just had an arguement w my Hubby too. I had to prepare baby room by myself, ask him where to place cot, he said same like last time lor, ask him curtain change to what kind, he said up to me lor ,since I like to surf bp go bp buy lor. Ask him y he can't help me plan together like where we gonna keep my #1 books, where shld we create her study corner, he said up to me, I am doing a gd job already. I asked him y can't we plan together then he just keep quiet.

I also told him there are many things I can't move because it's heavy to carry so I nd him to help me but he will say all e rubbish are my stuffs lor. Ask him how come he cannot propose ideas , I must always be the one to think of what to to for the kids, what to do for e Hse , then he say he gave up Liao , arrgggh. Sometimes I tok to him also want to vomit blood. N he always like to leave things here n there. Very messy which I can't stand. I told him everyday I am just bz picking stuffs up for #1 n him n it's already so tiringto bend up n down. I think he sometimes take it for granted that I am preggie, prob. They really think it's nothing to carry a load in front that upsets our CG !

Irma, btw it healed only after I deliver that's y at that time I can't wait to pop!so went to induce since quite near my edd Liao . [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Name: chu chu pp

Edd: 30 Jun 2010

Gynae: Dr Chan

Hospital: Gleneagles

Baby Gender: G

Expecting No: 1

Working Status: FTWM

Location East

Seems lyk everyone prefer Javian. Mi oso lyk tis name bt my hubby think Jonen is nice. I will let him c tis.

Belly Button

Mine #1 nv protrude so I think #2 oso wun ba since my tummy is smaller den #1

Dot- Dun get angry coz majority of e man r lyk tat. My hubby oso e same. He was oso tellin me tat he might nt b able to accompany mi into labour ward coz of work. Juz calm down loh . Wat to do since we choose tis man ourself. I always tell myself at least I put in an effort if he dun wan his business. Afterall, we woman dun need man to survive. MAybe u wan to try goin back to ur mum's place to stay for such a short while.

Stretch Mark Cream

its best to apply it even after 3mths aft delivery.

Dot, take care of yourself. dont get too depressed. Your hubby probably dont know how to communicate his frustrations at work and felt that you are whining to him about the household work. Guys being guys, they are not sensitive one. This is your first child ya? He will be very touched when he carries the newborn in his hands for the first time. Honestly, that is the changing point for more boys into men (not army).

My hubby, when i had #1, he insisted that he will NEVER step into the delivery ward with me! We are so unhappy over this for a long time. He told me that he can't stand the sight of blood and all those stitching, etc. Furthermore, he told me he needs to work and cant take leave. All sorts of funny excuses, really. So it was real frustrating. When we need to go gynae, he will grumble and grumble and told me why we have to wait for so long. Sometimes, he will even leave me there to wait and then only pick me up after the visit. Eh, actually still ok la for me. But will still prefer that he goes with me. Having said so much, just wanted to tell you - Dot, after #1 is born, he is totally changed!

He started to do some household chores (where he don't like to do cos his mum used to do all for him). And he will do a lot for the baby. He felt like he need to be stronger for the baby. He will also sometimes tell me after going into the delivery ward (after a long persuasion - he finally don't want to miss the 1st moment to see the little baby), he understood how painful it is to go for a baby.

Though now #2, he would not pamper me as much, cos we also have to share tasks to take care of the #1, he will be understanding and will try to carry heavy stuff for me. I said try cos sometimes he will forget. We insisted not getting a maid cos we will be reliant on the maid if we have one. So both of us understand that we have to do more per person so that we share out the chores.

Dont be unhappy cos baby can feel it one. And, by giving a black face to ur hubby won't make him feel good staying in Sing as compared to "nag-free" environment in China. So just try to talk things out or simply take time off to some parks or do light walking exercises / swim with ur hubby to liven things up.

Jolene, I prefer javian!

Dot, dun stress urself so much. Not gd for u. Like the rest of the mummies mentioned. Guess ur hubby is stressed at work, financial issues and u n baby. Sometimes they just do not knw hw to express themself.

dot,

pls cheer up~

your bb will feel sad when you are down.

communication is really important in a marriage. so talk to your hubby ok?

take a leisure stroll with him after dinner. one reason is to exercise & the other is to talk to your hubby eg. ask him how his day went etc.

yaozi,

sent you an invitation liao!

cath,

just added you in fb.

so tired today, wana complain. at work, so boring, can sleep anytime and just nod off, but then my stupid boss never go overseas, so xian. working under a watchful eye.

msbluey, me too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i keep on thumping my own lower back. but u can try using Counterpain. its useful for me leh

gals i had my 1st leg cramps this morning.. how to massage to relief ar? just flex toes backwards towards body? cant rmb wat mrs wong taught.. hubby was pressing my calves but i duno if its the right way so told him not to press, just help me flex backwards..

i m also experiencing lower back pain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] esp at night or when i sit for too long

Rainelle,

hehehehhee.. U're so funny to add in this sentence "hole will open and bb pop out.." Sometimes it is very true that thou some men may seem to understand what we goin thru but they never experience the aches, heartburn, indigestion , the load we carry.

Hope one day God can make them get preggy and go thru all the preggy stuff which we are goin now...whahhaaa

elise,

i experience more aches on upper back lately, somewhere near my bra there. >.<

counterpain is a plaster?

Recently baby kick me alot. From morning to night time, like dun need to sleep. Haiz, i think he kicks me more frequent than my first one. Sometimes very hard also.

Tiger baby, thanks... Will check out OG!

Bebe75, yes I have #1 to take care of.. I didn't want to have a PT helper as I think for now I still can manage house chores and #1. I still can move around, washing toilet is

not a problem for me. Just that I hate seeing my hb slacking around while I'm busy with chores. Most importantly I don't want myself to think of having a helper as I want to

tell myself I can do it without one. I don't want people to think that I'm young and love to rely on people. You know people will talk when u are young and ppl will start saying that we never think properly beore having no #2. Not earning alot and still want a helper etc.. I don't want to be like my cousin, she has 2 kids and 2 maid and she is a sahm. Mainly cuz she thinks she can't handle and still need to run out to buy lunch and dinner for the maid!

Those who is having #1 right now, give your hb some time. Normally guys doesn't know how to react when they are nervous. We never know what they are going through right now. Maybe being nervous of baby arrival cause them to be insensitive as they choose not to think of it.

I think my hb is worse during the first pregnancy.. I cried to sleep every night ad my back ache so badly, and keep thinking how can he sleep so well when I'm in such pain.. He was very stress over wok while I'm first pregnant.

But this time round he is more relaxed. And also I don't have such backaches so my emotional is more calm than before. Don't flare up like last time... Having #1 plays a big part too.. Now I don't even have time to think if he doesn't pamper me enough or not enough cuddles etc etc... We are

all busy with life, work and #1. End of the day only think about sleep! No time to quarrel as well..

Anyway I finally went to eu yang shang to see sinseh for my horrible cough.. Not cheap but I hope can recover.. Alot of medication cannot take..

Sinseh said after I deliver everything will be ok! Is my reaction towards this pregnancy.. Keep having coughing problem where I hardly cough before pregnancy..

Now I wish I can faster deliver!! Sigh....

jojo: serious? first time? i many2 times already. dun say to flex my leg/ feet, cannot move ah.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i had to wake my hubby up to get him do the flexing..

Gitz,

me too experience bad backache if I sit for long hrs end up walking like peguine. Can try to get up and walk around every 20/30 mins or try put a soft cushion.

Belly button

my belly button never pop out leh, e hole getting deeper & almost close up. I heard carrying boy belly button will pop out if gal will stay flat but duno hw true!!

Back