(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

pinnky : i also use tat! no need to put in fridge also can use la.. my mum buys it for me.. its can be bought in singapore for sure! becos i had a few tubes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i can help u all buy if u all wan.. its really good gelly!

Pinnky,

my aunt got me another cream from Forever Living called Lotion A. according to her its very good for baby skin but since my baby skin has been ok, i dont really know if the cream really works or baby skin isnt the sensitive type. if i didnt rmb wrongly, their office is somewhere in Chinatown. my aunt is a distributor, i can ask her to get it if anyone is interested.

genice,

yes, i got ur PM. other than using lift, i have no idea how to get up to the function room from basement carpark. i will go look look see see later and let u know again.

JTan,

dont need my unit number. just give them ur name and tell them that u are going to function room. i somehow manage to bottle feed sophie this morning. i kept telling her that if she dont take bottle she will hav no milk from me. maybe she got it so guai guai drink from bottle. so u are quite right to say that they know how to bully their parents. :p so happy today, will continue to bottle-feed her for the rest of the day. but bottle feeding quite troublesome keep having to sterilize bottles and pumps. dont know how mummies who exclusively bottle feed EBM manage.

Lucusmummy,

we can order on the day itself see how many ppl turn up. if im not wrong there's still ppl who had not rsvp on FB.

Sterilization using tablets,

for mummies using tablets to sterilize, do u rinsing before using? if don rinise, bb will be taking in the chemical right? will it cause problem in the long run?

Hello mummies!

Me also started my bb's IFC aka In Law's hse yesterday. For about 2 hrs.. My MIL and her maid has to take care of my bb and my SIL's 2 yr old. Can see that she cannot handle. But she insist she can... Anyway only for about 8 weeks.. then back to my turn!! YEy!!! FT SAHM! If I become a pro at it.. then I dun mine trying babysitting another toddler when my baby turns 1. Can generate income also..

It has been a month or so already, Raihan can sleep 12 hrs!! He knocks out at midnight after his formula feed and mummmy pacifier! He jsut has to smell my boobs to go to sleep.. then wakes up at 5ish for feed.. then from then till about 1pm wake up when hungry then go back to sleep.. its heaven!! (Sorry edie... ur turn will come soon!)

Now can do hse work while bb is asleep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So from yesterday on.. everyday need to send my baby for few hours to in laws hse to train myself! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Separation from bb not easy... He seems comfortable with my MIL.. but my hb's nephew keeps beating my son.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i think its jealousy..

Thanks nanabear n mush..maybe I need ur help to buy for me in future cox I not a distributor..

nanabear, can I know how much for the aloe vera gelly tat u bought? If not wrong, I bought at RM37.00. I thought must put in fridge le..:p

Hi mummies..did anyone of u try to bring bb to swimming? I m interested in doin tis but the price is not cheap after checked the price at Hwa Xia..So, thinking to buy the swimming pool my own..so bb can swim anytime he wants..do u guys know where can get those pool beside Hwa Xia? Thx alot!

nanabear, dun be down..for me, I only ebm my bb for a mth cox he refused to latch on and my supply was low tat time..I gave up after tat..I do feel guilty if compare with all of u here cox I lack of determination..

Chillimum, thanks for the tip..If bb behaves well, Id take MRT. Else cab and drop at MRT. Good idea. See u guys tomm.

AR : Dats great training..but does Raihan nap in the day? If yes how many hours total before midnite hits agn? I wld love to train my boy like tht. But my boy hungry monster. So I put him to sleep at 10ish after feed, then 12 I dreamfeed him before I sleep then he sleeps till 5ish, I feed him agn, he sleeps till abt 8-9ish. Then ita normal daytime routine, feed and sleep abit till 10 plus at nite agn. Is there some trick to train them to sleep tht long?

Pinky, I did not bring my bb to swim as I rather buy the swimming pool. I have already ordered mine from this SMH forum. There r 2 links below u can try.

Link 1 : (I ordered from here coz of the transparent tub)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4084065.html

Link 2 : http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4042005.html

ar.. That's good for u! Looks like raihan can sleep in blocks of long hours which is really good. His evil twin longest stretch in aft is 2 and half. Just wonder, between 6-12, does raihan naps? How u keep him awake till midnight and how u have your dinner?

Yesterday Thea manage to sleep from 8.30-2.30am, then woke up at 4 again then 7am. Not too bad but do u think the 4am waking is due to hunger? She sucked quite strongly as if she's hungry though.. Her frequent night wakings is really due to low supply, and it's due to exhaustion, what a viscious

cycle.

Agginess, thanks alot for ur links..

Can I know what size of neck float u bought for ur bb? I duno wat size should go to..and I think need the swim diaper as well rite? Thx!

Hello mummies,

For those who are coming for the gathering at Kovan Melody tomorrow via taxi or driving, here is one route you can take to avoid the steps:

You may press for guardhouse using the panel outside the block 27 (the block nearest to function room) and tell the security that you are going to the function room. Once cleared by guardhouse, you can proceed to take lift to level 2 and walk out of the block to go to function room. This will be a steps-free route.

Agnes! So tempting to buy the pool!! I saw it before when I googled it.. but no place in my hse. Hv to clear all these gifts sets! So many same kinda sets.. not that i am not grateful for the gifts.. but how much clothes can 1 child wear? I dun have to buy for him any clothes uptill his 2nd bday! And I have like 4 feeding sets.. Ppl are still comign to see my bb.. that means more clothes.. haiz.. I think must start to lelong some....

Raihan's sleeping pattern.. my trick is putting him on his tummy after his 5am feed.. hehehe.. But he sleeps on my bed till he wakes up.. so when he is hungry he will start getting uneasy, i flip him, offer him my boob..he dreamfeed and i will be in lala land.. then once done, pick him up, burp and flip him back to tummy.. So thats how it worked la.. but minus point day time he rarely sleeps in block hours... when i need to get work done i put him on the rocker n do my work.. but must talk to him here and there to entertain him..

6pm to 12am he takes chicken naps.. sleeps 10 ti 15 mins here and there.. we take turns to eat dinner if he asks to be carried. if not leave him on the rocker and hv our dinner.. but must keep talking to him..

m bringing raihan for his 3rd mth jab tmr.. some said there are chances of him getting fever.. is the possibility high?

I m in terrible BAD mood. Cos yesterday after my last post, my laptop hanged n crashed. DEAD. Thus all datas and photos gone. :-(

bb-bao,

Thanks for the info. My mum said its due to bb's cradle caps condition too that causes him to get frustrated and irritated to scratch his head, face, hence kanna the rashes. Hence these few days, my mum helped to remove as much as she could using olive oil for his cradle caps. Hope it will improve. Sigh. Realli hate to see the rashes on his face esp the two cheeks. Lucky not so much of allergic rashes. My no 1 during bb time could get veri bad allergic rashes and lead to hive condition. Crossing my fingers this no 2 wont.

Pinnky,

Thanks for introducing the product. Ya aloe vera is good. I used to have a tube not this brand in my fridge. Bought from one of the organic shops. Used it for burnts n etc. Veri good. Din think of it. Thanks Thanks for the tip to use.

nanbear/mush,

thanks for offering. Can I noe how much a tube?

mush,

I dun rinse after sterilise with the tablet for the pacifier. Cos rinse, no pt to sterilise mah. I guess it is okie for bb since its bb product. Just like those bottle washed we use in washing bb things.

AR,

envy envy that yr bb can sleep so well.

Mush: I'm attending the gathering, can add me in i bringing 1 baby n 1 helper along. Can u pmed me ur hp nos just in case I m late or whatsoever. Name: Joanne ong

Lucasmummy: I m staying In sengkang but more near to buangkok stn do u want to meet me at sengkang stn? What is Ur fb nick?pm me ok if want to meet.

Thanks Mush...thts great info. Ok, any mummies gng from west? Im taking a cab from Redhill MRT.Dats where I live. Let me know and we can go together.

Pinky , I ordered from Mambo. Mambo asked me how heavy my bb is and how old. I told Mambo bb is abt 5.9kg n 3 mths old. So Mambo said the standard 9cm diameter will fit baby. Dats abt all the info i know. But i guess if u tell them the weight of the baby, they can more or less tell u which one u shld buy. Abt the swimdiaper, since this is a home one, dunt think u need tht swim diaper rite? Just use some shorts, or btr still naked lah. Its only for the bb anyway. So i decided he can be naked, unless he wants sumthing covering his jewels then Id consider buying.

AR , u have so much clothings ah. I have not done my full month for my boy lah. Where u order food ah? Any good north indian catering to recommend? I dunt mind north indian mix with south indian food. I planning to do soon.Duno how soon though.

BB sleeping : I still dare not try to train bb to sleep belly down. Im too worried, and I think Id lose sleep if i lay him tht way.

Nitefeeding n waking up at nite : I heard 2 people, think one of them is west side mummy, saying if u feed water to the baby at nite, soon he/she will not wake up at nite? Anyone tried n successful so far? Let me know, although its a little cruel, I will make it up to my boy in the day, so wld do anything to let him sleepp....long long during the nite.

I can either walk or take bus to Mush place or tmorrow's gathering.

If the weather is hot, I might take a feeder bus there. But I'm not sure if we can wheel the pram to board the bus? My feeder bus 113 here mostly are with handicap sign. Are we able to wheel in or we need to fold it up?

No hand to fold for me lei if I need to carry baby ...

Hi lucasmummy,sorry for the late reply. Was busy today. I can meet u at sengkang mrt platform at 11.30am. Is that ok with you?

Agnes- Ya.. funny part my MIL dun let me open the prezzies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] they say dun waste them can recycle! I was like.... Dunno wat to say la.. gifts also cannot use.. haiz.. I dun care those i like i will keep and use!

Abt bb slping.. took me long time to get here.. mine is the rare breed.. doesnt cry unneccesarily. Only when hungry or when poop alot and diapers uncomfortable.. sometimes just make noise when need attention.. rather than that he doesnt waste his energy.. i think he is those silent mischief.. going to be a terror once he starts walking..

Agnes- I did mine at SIA group sports club. In hse. Very nice food. hv chinese, thai, north indian and south indian..But many ppl didnt come.. i think bec plc is inconvenient for those who dun drive..

North indian- tandoori riverwalk.. they still one of the bes but alos one of the most $$

So crappy.. half way typing this my EBM toppled.. left it a side to finish typing this.. then accidentially toppled it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] 10ml gone! alr ss going down.. haiz..

Anyway mummies enjoy ur gathering tmr.. me going to Singapore garden festival with hb and bb.. stimulate bb with the colors and lights. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AR - understand, understand.. yah, they say dun open. give to other ppz. but cant remember who give wat..skali gave to their daughters/cuzzies.. paisey only. and, and.. not nicelah. ppz give then dun use..

bb sleeping - my zaidan still on 3hrly feed. drinks milk at abt 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am and then skip to 6am or 8am.. but milk gotta be warm or he will just let it drool out and cry. am not bfing. no supply liao.

my bb really cant stand cold eh. shower gotta be almost very warm else cry like nobody business. go aircon places must wear long pants, long sleeves and place a blankie on him..

NEL meet up - envy envy.. so many mummies going. gotta be fun. but dun dare to bring bb alone so far eh.. scared if hes cranky..

Rashes - bb doc recs mustela bb shower foam. my zaidan got bbs pimples. getting better, but thk its a slow process..

Jerbunny I think you need to take your baby out of the pram when in the bus. When I was down last Dec I travelled on the bus most of the time with my older son who was 16 mths at that time. Once we took him on board in the pram and the bus driver told us to take him out. So I took him out and my hubby folded up the pram. After that we always folded the pram before boarding the bus.

hi mummies, sorry i wont be able to attend the nel gathering today.

my bb vomitted milk consecutively 3 times; still monitoring him...if persists, will bring him to see a pd.

anyone has similar situation before? My fren said it could be his stomach has wind, so asked me to apply ru yi oil on his stomach...but dunno if it was too hot for him, he cried after applying....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Loh,

what I gained for no1 still stuck with me. so hard to lose it n it's been 4 yrs! I dun really exercise except walk at botanical garden once a week. Then looking after 2 plus all housework n other work probably attributes to it. If your wife wants to lose weight better do it soon, once the weight stuck like mine, so hard to lose it all. I'm trying to lose my no1 weight gained before 6 months mark. Oh n I reduced my carb intake.

Cradle cap,

my son also has it during his 1st month plus really bad rashes. I ordered a balm from Australia, n applied it, all came out, then it's maintenance from there onwards. Everyday wash hair thoroughly n brush his scalp. Guardian do sell shampoo for cradle cap n I wanted to buy but since the balm works, I didn't need the shampoo.

rashes

my son had very bad rashes on his face especially his cheeks. That's during his 1st month. Aiyo take photo during 1st month so ugly! My hb's cousin recommend mustela lotion to wipe the face. I must say it's effective as my son's rashes cleared up plus must moisturize constantly! I tried aloe Vera too but didn't work for him. Or can just use boiled water wipe after every feed then moisturize. Now my son's rashes cleared up so much, I can even see how fair he is. For moisturizer, I use sebamed.

Hi Mummies,

Looks like I'm going to be late.. My girl is still happily snoozing away after her milk.. and I don't have the heart to wake her up.. Should be there before 12.30pm.. see ya!

my gal is still sleeping as well and she havent even have her milk! 5hrs since her last feed!! sleep is alot more impt for her... today weather is so good for sleeping

Hi mummies...

I'll also be late as my ger still snoozing n I haven prepared myself to go out as well... Heehee... Would be there abt noon... See u pple later...

Hi Mush,

How's the weather on your side? It's raining here in the east... looks like I'll grab a cab over later when my girl wakes up..

Sorry to interrupt,

I have a Beco bb carrier to let go - used less than 5 times. Pls pm me.

So sorry, missed the garthering today. I can't log in yesterday, due to this web-site problem so don't where the garthering place.

Anyone change new milk bottle for your baby?

I heard frommy SIL every 3 months need to change new milk bottle.

A bit waste leh. Can change every 6 months?

Gladseow, I sterilise the pacifier together with milk bottles. 1 day I sterilise twice.

If the pacifier drop, i will use hot water to wash.

Maggie mee, don't worry so much lah.

Have to close 1 eye with IFC. Anyway if my in law take care of my boy, I also need to close 1 eye one.

maggie mee, so far similac is suitable for my boy.He can gained weight quite well only drinking this. I already stopped feeding him breast milk since 2 months old.

If you boy is ok with the milk powder he drinking, no need to change lah.

Hi Luckyone, how r u? I saw u bring ur bb went for swimming, how was it? Did ur bb enjoy it? I went to check the price is so expensive..so I hv bought the swimming pool, recommended by Agnes. Is cheap n can use at home, unlimited time (bought SGD70, come with neck float & reusable swim diaper)..hehe..if u interested, I can send u the link..the mummy is from singaporemotherhood also, so she gave me special discount due to tis.

for milk bottle, dun need to change so frequent..I still using the old one and they seem new also. I only change the nipple.

Luckyone> i also heard need change baby milk bottles every 3 mths..then the teats i alr change new ones..cos sterilise til abit yellow cloudy haha..so change lor..But the bottles like u say v wasted but no choice la heavy usage so i also need change to the bigger ones..Me bought another 4 new bottles already..

Loh,

Wah, scary man, ant in milk???!?! I hope my girl's IFC will be more careful.

How old is your girl now? Are you sending her full day at IFC?

Quite worried that the teachers cannot manage, was told that the ratio is 1 teacher to 5 infants! If all infants feeding time about the same, how to cope? So some have to go hungry and cry like mad before they get their milk?

Pinnky, yeap my boy love swimming. Yes, please give me the link. Can use till how old ah?

Brenda, I also use milk bottle to feed my boy water. Yesterday I bought Pigeon water bottle the type that comes with 3 diff cover can use for diff stage one. Will start using that instead.

Ant in milk> yeah very scary.

I will let my boy IFC know about this and ask them becareful

Luckyone, i dunno whether to give or not leh... if i dun give pacifier then she may end up crying the whole day... but if i do give i got this image of teachers stuffing the paci into her mouth as soon as she squeaks instead of only during nap or sleep time.... sigh..... still undecided... maybe i just dun give the first few days then see the teachers say she difficult or not....

Luckyone,

I'm already giving my girl pacifier so yes, will bring to IFC. Which IFC you sending your baby? Wondering if any mummies here going to the same IFC. My girl going to the one @ Pasir Ris Blk 650.

Hi Maddie,

I believe MCYS' min recommended ratio for IFC is 1:5 but not all IFC adhere to it. You might want to check with yours.. The IFC that I'll be sending my girl to is 1:3 (which translates to higher cost as well).. Also, not all the infants are of the same age group.. the older ones (6 months and above) are most probably fed on a more regular schedule as they are most prob taking semi solid food by then.. It's only the younger ones that need to be fed on demand.. you might want to check how many infants (below 6 months) are there when you send your kid in.. So not to worry too much about them not being able to feed your baby..

Great Eastern Life.

Ms Betty Ong

[email protected]

Current Promotion, limited tranche of 3 Year saving plans @1.75%

Child Education or Hospital coverage for your child. policy review and advice, I have most of the comparision for hospial plan, Email me. Great Eastern Life.

Hi JThan,

I did ask the IFC but was not given a definite answer of the ratio they adopting. I only know max number of infants they take in is 20.

Somehow I keep thinking all the kids at the IFC will be like my girl's age... hehehe.... so quite worried that she will be left crying hungry... hahaa... I'm a little paranoid at times...

Also keep worrying about her falling ill as I have heard so many stories abt kids falling ill at childcare centres.

Aiyo, sometimes I hate myself for thinking too much!

Hi Maddie,

Alternatively, check with your IFC how many infants under 6 months will be there when your girl starts?

As for the falling sick part, it can't be helped.. afterall, they are being exposed to so many other kids.. Jusr hope that her immunity is strong enough.. I'm trying to give my girl as much BM as possible.. hoping that it'll help to boost her immunity ... Just got to take a step at a time.. Can't worry too much when the situation is out of your control..

Hi JThan,

Thanks for the advice! I will check with the IFC.

Agree with the BM part but too bad I stopped BFeeding already as supply went rock bottom! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back