(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Agnes- yup- its a brand new tin. Yup, will let u know if he likes it. I m still finishing up the 650g pkt mamex gold so hvnt started the soy series yet.. how can pass u the tin? where do u live?

agnes- is normal for bb to suddenly slp like tt. When we go for certain jabs we also feel tired rgt.. the same thing.. My bb also suddenly past 3 days slept solid 3- 4 hrs for naptime.

Anne- hv u tried bathing ur bb like tt? U ladies r tempting me to try the indian style bath.. i wud love it if my bb can hv a gd nap aft a nice hot bath. but his body is always hot. juz like mine... so do u think its advisable to bathe him in hot water?

hullo mummies.. how's everyone...

the indian style bath is horrifying loh! Poor baby..

AR.. me also taking mamex gold.. wat is this soy thing? isit good?

Oh my god! Yesterday I Only saw my sis in law bath my baby using the Indian style for a while then I had to rush out. Just now, ask my maid to bath for her cos she's from India, she was so rough and baby kept screaming and screaming and the last part she actually turned my baby upside down and shake, holding by her leg. I almost fainted! when we wiped her dry she was still screaming, after a while i fed her milk and she knocked out straight away, now me and my hub wonder if it's the bath that made her sleep or the forceful crying..

Edie... wow i wld faint if my maid bath bb this way.... when my MIL bathe my bb (also using her hand to wash bb's face) n he was screaming away... now i insist to bathe for bb...

Before I saw the youtube video, I was trying to imagine how bb bathe using our legs/feet and large pot of water village style. *horrors* hahaha

bb in video looks as though he is really thoroughly scrubbed and massaged, but aiyoh bb cry so much! seems like he doesn't really enjoy it...I certainly prefer the tub style, no tears and crying.

Re: Mommies going to 30th June Meet Up

No takers for the TT pacifier? It's new in box but I have no use for it...ANYONE?

RE: Moms in Mind sale

did anyone go today? was it good?

Phy,

You will need to practice with bb for both sling and pouch. The concept of the sling and pouch is the same for all those in the market, they just differ is design and make. The pouch and sling is is lighter and can cater to a more variety of bb wearing positions. Personally I find the sling a lil more challenging but if you get the hang of it, it is very convenient esp for breastfeeding. Pouch is convenient because you don't have to adjust the length once you get the correct size, but because it is not adjustable, it's difficult to sling and breastfeed.

Re: carriers

I actually bought 3 diff ones. the silk moms in mind sling, the baby bjorn synergy, and the pupsik pouch. think of the 3, at least for now cos baby still cannot hold head by herself, i use the sling the most. but expect to be using the rest more in a couple of months... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sigh, baby sleeping on me again...once i put her down she wakes and cries... :p

i'm now downing more caffeine at work compared to before!! :p

Tinospora... my bb likes to slp on me too... once put down will wake n cry... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I try to slp with bb loh.

haha hi maggie, but hor, she's getting heavier now so i'm worried if keep letting her sleep on me then next time how ;p

but yeah just so that she can get some better sleep, let her sleep on me lor... ;p

hi all , for those that gynae scan n say bb is girl , born out really girl ? haha , cos i m preggy and scare bb girl turn into boy ! haha

Hello everyone!

Super busy with my boycause he don like to sleep in the afternoon and always wants me to carry haiz...can't do anything leh.

I wake up 5am++ everyday (beside feeding in the nite), wash milk bottle, eat breakfast, pump milk, clean my room, feed baby, shower baby, shower myself, feeding again...totally no time for myself haha...

My husband give my half day off this Sat!

I will go orchard shop for clothing, hopefully can get something.

Actually last Sat when we went parkway for Fater Day's lunch, I went Esprit to tried on few pants, so sad that I can't even fit in the bigger size! I used to wear size 38 but now..42 also can't zip...

This morn after bath my boy, manager to take his smile picture (^^)v

He will smile when I read "ABC" to him so cute...

tinospora, my boy too getting very heavier..some more he always wants "bao bao" my arms going to break!

Yeah loh, can change timing to 2:30pm instead?

Luch time hor, tampinese very crowded leh.

Any nice restaurant?

I any thing at long I can grap my Ice Latte haha.

July Weekday Lunch/Tea

Venue : Tampines

date : 6 july ?

time : 1 pm?

1. Luckyone

2. nanabear

3. JSP

4. AR

5. Phytws

6. bbf

7. maddie

8. gladseow

maggie mee, yeah loh try to sleep with your baby.

Mine also don like to sleep alone.

White Lady, should be correct in s'pore lah.

Bbf, thanks! Guess I'll have to try it to know it!

Mummies meeting at Milenia walk:

I was there this afternoon at 1pm and both tcc and coffee club was crowded. Lunch crowd. Maybe you guys shld change the timing to after lunch hours.

Hello mummies,

I am also looking into baby sling/ pouch n carrier.

Nanabear: I still don't know how to use the sling. I don't know how to place my bb in.

So I went to see pupsik pouch, I am not sure, it doesn't look it's durable. I understand we can place babies in different position, but I thought I was quite clumsy when handling it.

Baby Bjorn: almost bought it impulsively. I think it's the best solution for me but it will burn the pocket a little.

My bb is now 5.5kg. Will he out grow these carriers very soon????? Contemplating.

Bbf: did u receive my latest MSG sent to u on fb regarding the coffee club bill?

AR : I live at redhill, just opp the MRT. But if u want I can come n collect it, maybe during the Tampines meetup. U live near TM rite?

And yes, I was worried sick bb might not sleep. Today he went to la la land slightly later than usual. Lets see wht happens, still too early to say. Good nitess...

Edie : I think bb sleep becus of excessive crying. My bb also sleeps soundly after a good crying session. And furthermore, if from India, they more rough. We singaporeans very gentle wif baby, they very rough handling. I see my bb handled this way, I sure cry. Although I've seen bb's being bathed this way many times, I still prefer tub style.

Edie- U really hv a brave heart to let ur maid bathe Thea like tt. if me, i wud def end up scolding my maid!- no reason to be unneccessarily rough..but ya, in india, the village ppl r like tt.

Maggi mee- I m going to switch to soy bec my bb has reflux n he sometimes pukes out alot of the formula undigested. PD said mgt be due to bb's allergy to cow's milk.. He ask me to TBF/EBM but my smarty pants of a bb knows the routine tt last ngt feed is formula so doesnt latch on properly n muz hv his daddy feed him.. heheh! 2 mth old only yet so many tricks up his sleeves. I wonder how i m going to handle him when he crawls and walks!

Agnes- Vokie i'll pass it to u @ tampines meet up. yup, live near TM.

I know tt plc in redhill! I grew up in that area!- u know the block beside the CC- blk 61. the rental flat. Luv tt plc. esp the food in the redhill market. The crispy prata! then the ikan bakar from the last row of the market n the dessert stall in the row facing the market toilet! whao!! miss tt uncle's ice kacang!! yummmm.. memories!

luckyone- I feel for u. am going thru the same problem.. whole day entertain bb and clean hse also.. i come to seat in front of the com when i bf bec the study table's chair is most comfy to put my nursing pillow and feed him.. n also dun feel bored while he feeds on my boobs...

but kudos to u, can bathe bb alone.. my back hurts so i cant bathe bb alone.. I still havent started cooking on a daily basis bec bb doesnt gv me the opporunity to.. so buying out sometimes.. but proper halal food is limited. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lucasmummy- are u still interested in sellign me the pkt of nepia diapers?- m willing to take it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n abt the carriers.. the pouch carrier can last u until bb is a toddler.. can go to puskikstudio webby to see the different carrying styles. N baby bjorn has carriers tt u can use until bb is a toddler too. they hv few different ones so better check out which one is suitable for u and if u ok with 2nd hand one- can find on ebay or the WTS forum in SMH.

But then again, Thea slept so well last night, when she woke up this morning she was all smiles or maybe it's because she didn't sleep much during daytime that's why could sleep so well. Not sure if it's the bath that works. But still... I am so going back to the gentle tub way.

Ar, I can't scold her cos I was the one who asked her to bath and if that was their style I can't blame her right... Anyway, your boy is really growing quite fast, he knows how too coo and all, wait till he's a bit older it'll be really fun. You have to go back to work? Back to the same boss?

Mummies besides entertaining our precious bb any of u intend to do something like meaningful be4 we head back to wrk? I gg to report wrk in 2 mths time so thinking of attending estate agent course n if I keen probably can do the switch s part time first. Any mummy here is a estate agent?

Edie- Ya, my boy seems to be a fast 'developer'. He can even almost control his neck alr. I dun hv to gv it much support as b4 but i still support it- just in case. I think he takes aft me n my hb. both of us are fast learners. I matured very fast as an infant according to my mom.. :p Thats why i am planning to take advantage of his ability and teach him language from his 4mth.. research shows when u start early- they can absorb very fast. But u can only start with 30 secs a day. 3 times a day.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4563704_teach-baby-read.html

Unfortunately- i hv to go back to work..to the same boss! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but only for 2 mths bec i am planning to tender in Septmber. Want to be a SAHM. Maybe try a home business to generate income..need to at least cover my own expenses..

Gladseow/JSP,

I'm finding it a bit difficult to bottle feed her in the day as I'm alone at home.. She refuses to take the bottle at all cos' she could 'smell' me and wail until she chokes or until I give in.. haha.. It's only at night when my hubby is back that we can try bottle feeding and that's usually only one feed (abt 10ish and 12ish).. and I need to be out of sight..I'll usually be nursing her through the night..

Her feeding pattern is still the same, slight improvement.. it has stretched to 1 1/2 hrs to 2hrs now.. every night.. Sigh... She will just nurse that 5 mins to 8 mins and drift off to sleep.. Headache!

chubby tiger.... why got time to do other things? like my whole 24hrs belong to baby.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

AR, me too having backache, it due to carried my heavy boy loh.

haha at least you can have free time during brest feeding. Me not BF my boy so no free time for me.

Yeap share with you all, I started to feed my boy water using spoon.

Have to start training cause if milk and water also use milk bottle hor, later 6 months later you feed them with spoon, their will not use to it.

My boy very diff to "bur" after his milk, I sometime pak him more than 10 mins. Anyone facing the same prob?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4154764.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4154796.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4154797.jpg]

Dear Mummies and Daddies,

Need some advice on YLS catering which we intend to get for baby's manyue buffet....

Based on expected turnout of 62 pax, how much should we order?

Also, kindly advise on the 'must-order' dishes.

Dear mummies,

I'm from Jan2010 thread and have this Gentle Glide Portable Glider from The First Years for sale as my fatty bon bon has outgrew it. This is retailing at $149 but I bought it at only $119 from Kiddy Palace sales. Suitable from birth to 11kg. Condition for the seat and glider is 9/10. However, the hanging mobile that is supposed to be able to rotate is not functioning. Had been in this condition since I bought it but did not bring it back for change as it was during my confinement and my DH was not free. A very good place to leave your LOs in when you need to calm them down as they are soothed by the gentle gliding motion and music.

Willing to let go at $50. Free delivery in the East or Central if the deal goes through. Otherwise, collection will be in Bedok. Item is now boxed up nicely in the original box.

For more details on this item, you may refer to this website:

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y7132?locale=en_US

Please PM me if you are interested as I will not be checking this thread.

Thanks!

Luckyone,

Your boy is so adorable!!! So bui bui already ahh..

Must be very well-fed by mummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ya I also find it difficult to burp my bb sometimes..

I'll try different positions, sitting, rock his body forward/backwards, rotate his body, over the shoulder..

if still cannot burp then I'll lie him down and let him rest a while then try again. Usually it works. Sometimes he needs to be burped 2-3 times to get the air out.. if not will definitely vomit some milk out.

chubby tiger : i am.. doing part-time too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

QQ : congrats!

Mummies! sorry.. i need to vent!!

my maid is killing me! she is an indo.... fresh indo.. if its me during tiffany's time.. she would have disappear out of my house long ago! I had enuff of changing maids and am very very tired liaoz! i vented before if u all remember la.. but wah lau! this one i "lun" cannot tahan liaoz!!

i have been screaming at her since yesterday.... today afternoon talk to her nicely .. ask her wat's her problem etc etc.. den just 1 hour ago again! make the same mistake!!!

her problem is she does not LISTEN!! or either she does not UNDErSTAnd me.. i have told her from DAY 1! if cannot understand.. must tell me! i know her english not good... but tats not an excuse!! she has been here for 3 months liaoz.. and i always use simple english.. we have no difficulties communicating except for the inital period!!

i always tell her.. 'dun understand must ask.. if u ask .. i wont scold.. but if u dun ask.. denu do wrong.. den i will scold. becos u tell me yes mdm means u understand"

her mouth got gold!!! when i go out.. she know how to ask .. where i go ? ask me is it go fetch tiffany etc.. yet! ask me .. mdm is this correct? or mdm do i keep this or re-heat this? cannot ask!??!!?!?!

today i very very extreme foul mood! and am having a headache now.. and just dealt with a cranky baby with dunno wat happen for 2 hours! :/ and i think i scream too much today! my baby got scared.. and she just had green poo!

I thinking today leh.. maybe i cannot stay at home.. stay at home.. see wat the maid do i will die manz! if i am not working.. i rather do all the housework myself! do all the cooking myself!

den again.. u must be thinking.. how come since i am at home now.. i dun do it leh.. becos i got a helper to help me do it now mah.. den i do myself for wat ? dun make sense also mah.. arrghhh!!! i dunno!! am very very fed up! :/

i really cannot stand! somemore she dun have brains!!! dun have common sense!!! can someone tell me how to say "common sense' in indo malay??? i really going mad liaoz!

on the other hand.. actually she is not bad.. as in.. she has a good character la.. but her problem is she dun listen!!! or rather dun ask!!! and no brains! but if she is smart.. she wont come to sg be helper liaoz! ;(

sorry for the long post.. and thanks for letting me vent..

Nanabear- take deep breathe in and out... ur stress will affect ur milk supply- u shd already know tt..As annoying as these maids can get.. just rmb she is also human... continuous scolding is not going to work. Bite your teeth and show her how things are suppose to be done la.. tt's what i did with my helper too..

As for me.. my milk supply is going down.. am very upset.. was plannign to bf for as long as possible... really hope i can at least hit the 6 mths mark..

Hi mummies..

I'm so tired!! Anyone facing tis? baby cries every nite b4 his bedtime like 11 plus til 1am..Already seen PD and gave him colic drops n gripe water for wks..but still fusses at nite..Then when he drinks milk, he gets frustrated then stretches himself n fuss..Then cont to drink then fuss again..Dunno y..He had been like tis for past wks...Also diff to burp sobs! Tried so many ways then he hates being burped! HE will fuss also..

Oh watched the link for the indian style bathing..Its really horrifying!!!! Poor baby crying so badly..I also feel like crying too rough with the baby..Gosh nvr really support the neck..Poor thing..I cant bear to c my bb cry or handled tis way...haha I confirm cry with baby!!

Nanabear: I'm attending a career talk at dtz next week wants to know is it suits me or if yes wld like to switch but keep hesitating afraid I can't close any deal n really needs lot motivation to keep me going. I wrking in a stat board n salary so so only. Any advise to share s being a part time agent n hw long u being wrking in this line.

The Indian bathing style is so rough n horifying! That baby was crying from start till end, would it cause the baby to be traumatized n next time hate bathing?

Re: poo

how often does your bb poo? My boy is tbf n poos many times a day, sometimes just little bit but will poo big time at least 2x in a day.

His routine is just drinks milk, burp, sleep, pee n poo. Doesn't cry much unless you dun give him milk in time or change his diaper whenever it's wet or soiled with poo. He sleeps almost the whole day only waking up to feed, bathe, change diaper n sometimes to hear me talk to him. The other day I went orchard with my in laws for lunch n a bit of shopping, he just makes noise if he needs to change diaper or feed then sleep all the way allowing me to eat lunch n shop a little for my girl n for him. Sometimes I think he's too guai to be true cus my girl was the extreme end of him. N best thing is he sleeps at night without any fuss, I'm still waking up 1-2 times to check on him n change diaper if need be.

Feeding:

for mummies tbf-ing, do you feed on demand or go by number of hours between feed? I'm feeding my boy on demand but my mil wants me to feed him every 2.5-3hrs cus she dun want him to be a fat n greedy boy??? Yeah that's the term she used. Every time I'm at my in laws place, she will ask me what time he last feed. Then he poos n then wants to drink his milk n my mil will actually carry him away and ask him to wait!?!? And this boy seldom cry will then wail out loud n the saddest cry I've ever heard. Makes me so heart pain. I can bf him but kena obstructed by meddling mil! Nowadays when we go over to my ils place, whenever they carry him, he will start crying dunno is it because he thinks they prevent him from drinking his milk? But when I take over to pacify him, he will stop crying almost immediately n gives me that sad look. Yest my mil dun even let me carry my son when she failed to pacify him n he keeps crying, end up poo green shit.

Luckyone... wow your boi's growth quite well... despite 2 days later than my boi, he's much chubbier loh... my boi still skinny.. alth now ald 4.4kg...

How much FM are you feeding him? Im using mamex gold n now he drinks only 120ml every 2.5 - 3hrly..

Brenda.. my boi has same prob as yrs... i also give him colic /gripe water.. n try to stretch his feeding hrs cuz physician told me to close feeding hr may have cause him indigestion ... tat's why...

Instead of 2 hrly , now its 3hrly... seems to drink better n finish all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Brenda.. my baby also started the same pattern 3 days ago... everyday from 6 plus... if i am lucky... the fussing lasts 1 hour... if not... can go until 12plus... keep wanting to feed.. then keep stretching the body.. give gripewater give ridwind... i am thinking maybe it ain't colic... maybe she is overtired or something... then when sleep 10 mins wake up and fuss again..put down change diaper she quiet.. then after a while fuss again... carry also fuss... everything also fuss and damn cranky can cry until choke..... wha.... damn stressful....now every night reach 6 plus i phobia already...

Ylc... wah your MIL really something... sometimes when my boi cries badly.. PILs also keep carring/pacifying him... me just can tag along n see if bb is ok... sigh....

lilstar.... how old is yr baby? My bb also went thru this stage at certain days... some days can be very "guai" some days just keep fussing... so i guess it a passing phase....PD says nothing to do abt it just wait ford them to be 3 mths old... sigh..

Maggiemee,

ya lor, with my girl it's my fil. He will carry n turn his back on me. Now with my boy it's my mil, tell me I dun carry him, she will carry him. not that I mind her carrying my boy but I know his pattern so well n the types of cry so a bit piss when she refused to let me carry him when he had his outburst. To me he just needs to change diaper n drink milk n he will be perfectly contented.

Hi morning mummies..

Brenda, maggie mee..my bb also passed thru the same stage when few weeks ago..and I was totally helpless when I only alone at home..sometimes got no time to hv breakfast n lunch also..I tried all the methods, traditional, even praying and bring them to see PD also..but now he is 2 months plus..everything is settled down..so I guess everyone will pass the same stage and when he grown up, everything will be different..so long as we must patient and remember we must happy everyday, cox our mood will influence them also..this is the advice from one of the "shifu" and I tried to be patient and no "pe chek" easily, now he is very good and easy to tk cr..

ohh..this happened the same to my sis's friend and she got twins..u can imagine the situation..both with same pattern..and now her kids r very good after 2 months..and drink alot of milk n sleep soundly everyday..so is a just passing stage for every mummy..cheers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Luckyone..ur bb so cute n so chubby le..last time, I also faced the same prob..sometimes I pak my bb for more than 20 mins just to let him burp le..he is very hard to burp also..but after seek advice from PD..now very easy to let him burp liao..just put him on ur shoulder and let the spine straight..very easy..u can try out!

Back