(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Kcpq, how big is your baby now? My EDD is 2 days after you. Gynae also said my baby is big so probably will go for C-sec. Hopefully he can confirm next week, weeks 37 check up.

Chloie, thx for ur advice..haha..cannot sack him after my ML..I need $$ :p

luckyone, u seem hv a very good slimming program..jiayou woh!

Chilimum, jiayou! Wish u can bk to normal weight after delivered..

but mummies, do remember not to keep fit during confinement..we must try to eat as much as we can..I heard we tend to get hungry easily if we BF..so healthy meal is importance during confinement..perhaps we all can organise a sport day after confinement..hehe..

ya..Chloie is right..try talk to ur bb..during my 33wk check up, gynae said tat bb's head is down but no yet engaged..so I talked to him everyday and asked him to engage, and during 35wk check up, he already engaged..so I believe watever we said, they knew it..

Hello mummies,

Looks like more mummies are going to give birth soon, take care and have a smooth delivery.

Re: V Dilation

Don't think we will know how to check ourselves. Usually gynae will put her fingers into the V area to check on the cervix. This is actually quite a painful and uncomfortable process. Gynae will check if cervix has ripen/thinned out, which is a sign of readiness. The cervix may be 1-2cm dilated but sometimes may take 1-2 weeks before baby is ready to come out. With the dilation, the mucus plug will gradually become loose and will fall off. This is one of the warning sign that baby is ready. Honestly even when I was 10cm dilated during my first birth, I also couldn't feel anything down there cos the contraction pain has overpowered everything else...

My gynae do not like to perform this check. Her explanation is that during the check, she may accidentally drag the cervix and if I have spotting later on, it will be hard to tell whether its cause by intervention or baby's signal. She believe that if you are ready, your body will let you know. :")

blue_turtle7-- thank you so much!!! heheh... i have send request to join already.. phew... finally can tell who is who... thanks dear!

Congrats to those mummies who have delivered & abt to deliver! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Went for my check up yesterday & bb was abt 2.75kg @ 36 wks.Strangely, i've not been putting on much weight despite eating beef steaks & durians which my hubby has forced me to.He wants his boy to grow big like him. Whahahahaha!!Anyway, bb's head is down so i guess im just like you mummies waiting for the D-day to arrive.

I've been experiencing lower back pain,pelvic pain around the v area,BH contractions these few days & heartburn almost every nite.Any mummies experiencing the same thing? Makes me so difficult to walk & waking up in the middle of the nite is such a hassle.Oways have the feeling of throwing up due to heartburn.Really hope that this feeling will go away soon.

Now as im typing away, i can still feel pain in my lower back.

Luckyone-- currently bb is at 36 weeks.. weighing 3064g already... will need to go back and check in 2 weeks time... which is 38 weeks...

i was telling my hubby: at the rate that he is gaining weight and the powerful movement he can make in my small tummy... maybe one day he can just tear open my tummy and come out hor... lol...=X cause my tummy like wanna bleed from those stretch already...

how heavy is urs? and u planned for GA c-sect or epdidural c-sect?

i so headache now... =.=" worry this and that... =X

chillimum

i also dun care abt the weight gain liao... heehee... lets edge each other on after delivery to lose all these weight via Bfing...

luckyone

thks... hopefully will be a shorter delivery lor...

ya... maybe i shld go for my fish & co meal tonite lor... coz might pop anytime lor... hahaha...

destiny

thks thks... my edd is 10 May but #1 was out at 37wks+4days so #2 i think would be earlier lor...

actually for me, dilation got no feeling one... just that i get more contractions lor... and my tummy is super low... so can feel tt baby is down liao...

i also nvr dilated b4 waterbag burst for #1... heehee...

maggie mee

no worries hor... just relax... next week u just tell gynae u experiencing contractions liao then i think she'll do a virginal examination...

kcpq

aiyo... so long nvr hear frm u in the forum liao...

yup... our little ones grow very fast during the last mth one... so be prepared for a big bb... u definitely small built lor...

dun worry too much hor... ask ur gynae to recommend based on his experience...

chloie

ya loh... me kinda scared too lor...

orange

thks...

wa..kcpq, ur bb is very big le..I think ur bb can easily hit 4kg by time u delivered le..I think now bb is gaining abt 250g per week..

Kcpq, my bb is about same weight as your leh.

Yeap, big baby movement can be very powerful. When he's kicking "kung fu" hor, it was s~~o pain loh.

Huh! C-sec got diff one ah? I don know leh. Next week check up then I check with gynae.

deby82, I think once baby head down, you will feel strong backache.

I remeber 1 months + ago, my baby' head was down, during that time, I having strong backache.

But since 2 weeks ago he change his position, my backache gone!

Pinnky-- heheh... sports day sound so cool! lolx... imagine all mummies running etc... heheh...

HoneyB-- at which week will the gynae start checking huh? mine never check at all leh....

deby82-- i have also been been experiencing lower back pain,pelvic pain around the v area... but mostly when i am standing... also got problem sleeping... cant turn myself back once i am on my side... =X btw, sometimes, also don know if i am experiencing BH contractions or not... just feel very "sour" getting here nor there... very uncomfortable...

maybe while u are sitting... u can put a pillow behind.... it support better... =D

Facebook Group:

Have added a couple of people in. Can these mummies please drop a note and identify yourselves in the group with your forum nick. Thank you!

JSP-- heheh... blame in on me being slow... =X but i am very updated on all post... hehe... silent reader... =D he also kinda scare to suggest leh... cause he say... this is a very uncommon situation... he doesnt wanna say much too... =X cause it might or might not occur..

Pinnky-- ya lor... doc estimated him to be about 4kg leh!!! i was like HUH!!!!! =.= i thought was something i eat... but no leh... yeah.. about 200-300g per week... unless... he choose to check out earlier... within this 2 week... maybe have chance for natural birth ba...

Luckyone--wah seh! urs also big ah!!! totally understand u!!! super power lo... sometimes he turn hor... i can feel my urine there hor got sharp pain... super pain de!!!! and when he more hor... it is super obvious... can see my whole tummy like jelly... in public... people see till eye big big... lol... but than my tummy not very big leh... people still say is small...

yeah... got 2 kind... one w GA(total asleep) one w epidural(half body numb)..

Kcpq- Same same *Hi 5* [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But your baby is definitely big lor..plus u so small size, really salute u..At least im still ok cos i very tua jiak.Haha...What did u eat??until your bb grow so big?Give me some tips leh..

Luckyone - Gd for you lor..no more backaches for you.Now in office, i wana stand up also must do it slowly.Really like 1 lao ah ma oready.

luckyone

GA c section means totally knocked out.

Epidural C section means lower half knocked out. U still conscious.. and know wats going on in the room.

(eg: some pple can feel doc yank bb out of tum tum - but no pain of course due to epidural)

Deby82-- ^5!! =D i salute my own tummy leh... heheh... can take the weight iof 3+kg... hahhah... human body really powerful lo!!

never really eat certain food to increase his weight leh... but he already started to so call over weight since 28 weeks... hehehe... intially... we still thought okie lo... even doc also thought okie... still ask us not to worry... than who knows...at 32 weeks... he is already the weight of bb at 35plus weeks...

than now... the weight of newborn and heavier than some...

don know wanna laugh or cry... =S

Kaqd, yeah loh yeah loh, never think that my tummy can be so jelly hahaha

Kcqp & Mrs Teo, Oh! Then I will choose GA totally knocked out one. Don think I can tahan to feel the cutting part, altho I won feel the pain lah but sound sca~~ry to me. I don know I will scream and made my gynae "kan cheong" or not haha..

deby82, good for no backache but have to chnaces of C-sec very high loh.

chillimum

i also dun care abt the weight gain liao... heehee... lets edge each other on after delivery to lose all these weight via Bfing...

luckyone

thks... hopefully will be a shorter delivery lor...

ya... maybe i shld go for my fish & co meal tonite lor... coz might pop anytime lor... hahaha...

destiny

thks thks... my edd is 10 May but #1 was out at 37wks+4days so #2 i think would be earlier lor...

actually for me, dilation got no feeling one... just that i get more contractions lor... and my tummy is super low... so can feel tt baby is down liao...

i also nvr dilated b4 waterbag burst for #1... heehee...

maggie mee

no worries hor... just relax... next week u just tell gynae u experiencing contractions liao then i think she'll do a virginal examination...

kcpq

aiyo... so long nvr hear frm u in the forum liao...

yup... our little ones grow very fast during the last mth one... so be prepared for a big bb... u definitely small built lor...

dun worry too much hor... ask ur gynae to recommend based on his experience...

chloie

ya loh... me kinda scared too lor...

orange

thks...

kcpq, my sis's bb also 4kg tat time n she cannot hv natural delivery due to bb's size..and she is small size..but I m smaller size than her..so my gynae always asked me to control weight..always listen to ur gynae, dun tk the risk..I heard ppl insisted for natural delivery althou doc advised to c-section..ended up spent more..2 charges involved..wishing u good luck!!

Kcpq, you eat a lot of "sweet stuff"? that's one reason caused too.

3 to 4 kg is about a watermelon weight!!

Yeap never think that I can carry a watermelon around for few weeks/ months haha

Mrs Teo-- i so scare of the epidural leh... =X cause i eat liao nothing to do... go see those video.. saw the needle thingy very big... so i become very scare... was asking hubby wat if c-sect w epidural and i can still feel pain huh?

than he say... wont la! u ar... think too much... he suggest i choose w GA... but i wanna be able to hug my bb the moment he is out leh... i think the feeling is very differnt de lo...

ya..mummies who goin for c-sect, better to choose w/ epidural so tat u can hug ur bb maa..I heard for GA, hubby is not allowed to accompany u during the labour..so he cannot cut the umbilical cord n tk photo for u & bb le..

Pinnky, don know leh, never see her b4. But it's her No. 2. Heard her No. 1 also not epidural.

No matter what's her size, she quper strong loh!

luckyone-- i also don know if i will scream or not... lol... but i think they will cover up and u don see a thing la... but hor... don think hubby can acc us in already... -.- i always imagine the scene that once he is out... my hubby get to see him etc etc... oh!!! watermelon!!!!!!!! wahseh! our tummy relly power leh! i use hand carry watermelon already wanna KO liao...

JSP-- heheh... blame in on me being slow... =X but i am very updated on all post... hehe... silent reader... =D he also kinda scare to suggest leh... cause he say... this is a very uncommon situation... he doesnt wanna say much too... =X cause it might or might not occur..

Pinnky-- ya lor... got to listen to what he say... i ask my gynae if i got to control weight... than he say... don have to... cause those weight that i am gaining is very normal... so is actually... nothing i can do... except to check again in 2 weeks time... thank for your good luck wish! =D i am getting uptight now adays... thinking i am going to pop anytime... hospital bag also half way there... =X

luckyone, u try to talk to ur bb and ask ur hubby to talk to bb as well..maybe there's miracle le & ur bb's head might go down since stil got time for u..cox I heard last time, ur bb's head used to down in wk 28 rite..

pinnky-- huh? c-sect w epidural... hubby can go in meh???? hahaha... was telling hubby... if he can go in... he might faint lo... cause see own wife kanna cut cut cut... heard that the doc need to cut 7 layers in order to reach bb...

i wanted natural sooooo much!

after hearing all ur bb r so big size, i wish mine as well..I told my hubby I wan to eat sweet stuffs so tat I can hv bigger size bb but hubby said better not..hehe..I think i am crazy liao..now taking my white fungus dessert..:p

babyluv-- ur bb how many weeks le? thought normally doc will tell u how much he/she weight and do u have the ultra sound pic or not? sometimes... it is stated there... like mine is stated there...

I think c-sect w/ epidural, hubby can go in if not wrong..only GA cannot..I dun think doc will allow him to see, he maybe just stand beside u and wait for bb to come out nia..

kcpq- my doc never tell me.. i have the pic maybe later i go home n check. but last 2 weeks my check up, gynae say baby still small.. boo hoo must eat a lot la. im in my 35 weeks already

Pinnky, yeah loh was down around that time don know what made him chnage position leh? Maybe too much classical music for him?

Baby Luv, I also don know my baby weight until 30++ weeks. Some gynae have to ask one lah..

kcpq

i also scared. so opt GA.

plus its okei for me not to see bb when she's born lar. impt is she healthy. thats all.

C section epidural - hubby can go in.

babyluv-- yeah! if gynae is those kind that doesnt tell also of things... than u must get ready to prom him alot of question... u paid after all... heheh...

Mrs Teo, if u opt for GA, then I think u cant BF after delivered.. I heard the colostrum is good for bb, so we can immediate let bb latch on 1-2 hrs after delivery..I keep on encouraging myself, nothing to worry n scare abt..at least no so tense..mummies, we all can do it one! Gambateh!

mrs teo-- if hubby can go in... i think i not so scare liao... i am scare of being alone... hehe... like when doing the epidural thingy... he can still sayang me... hheheh... than when the doc cutting... i can talk talk to him instead of blur blur... looking around in the room... heheh

i think regardless c section or natural... carrying a baby in tum tum for 9-10mth is already very wei-da...

So we all here are full fledge heroine liao

Pinnky

my threshold for pain is ultimate low or even non existence.

I still cry and get sleepless over all blood test and needle pricks.

My main concerns now are when get admitted, will have to be on drip... then have to take blood for cordlife thingy... then have to take GA jab.. then have to wake up to c section wound.

Pinnky/ jsp... I'm full term and not dilated yet.. Anyone knows y? Think my bb is really too light... Not heavy enough to weigh himself down to dilate my cervix??? o_O

Back