(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Mrs Heng..good to go during morning..I saw lot of good offer but by time i go sure finish..but I believe even morning also very crowded cox last yr my hubby also went b4 they open and he needed to queue up for very long time to go in and d bag he wanted to buy all been grabbed..so, becareful ya..and i remember is better to bring more cash..giro/credit card counter wil tk a long queue..

Pinnky,

Yeah i saw it at a corner shop (next to Komala's if i am not wrong but unsure about this part) in between City Square Mall and Mustafa (along the main road). But i dunno if he sells it everyday cos that day (about 2 weeks back) was a Sunday and we happened to drive past and i saw a mountain of it and thats when the craving started hahaha...

Pinnky, i think CK and OG got cheap ones but not sure how good they are...probably still ok bah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But then i intend to buy some cheap and invest in some more ex ones (e.g. heard that marks n spencers ones are good)for a mix... ;p

hi sorry to interrupt

I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Thanks

Pinnky, i got my nursing bras from online. quite good deal. MomsinMind.com. think might need to get new sizes in a few weeks time when closer to EDD if there's any growth in that area. also got 2 from M&S, but now too small liao. guess will use them again later when things start strinking again? wahahahaha... personally i prefer the M&S ones, nicer and not so ah ma-ish. =P

think most maternity shops will sell also. like mums and babes, mothercare, spring maternity, etc.

Pinnky - Wa..OG members so hiong ah...more power than isetan members...haa! I might be getting the playpen fr the coupon which bb-bao passed to me. HmMmM...They should hv a special queue for preggy (abusing rights) hehehe!

Some mummies bought their nursing bras fr giant, brand - eternity. Can also get fr CK dept store or Tom & Stefanie. Better ones will be Marks & Spencers or Mothercare. I haven got mine though...intend to buy only 3-4weeks b4 my EDD

Alina

*droolz... yum yum.. Sting ray... I also want!!! Anyway about cord blood banking no use. It is a myth. The reason being that there have been cases whereby children born with diseases have been cured using their cord blood. So obviously that assumption of being useless is proven wrong. I think its best to trust professional and unbias opinion. like internet research.

And I have a serious problem...

Tummy very itcy!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I cant control myself but be tempted to scratch! Its really unbearable!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My stretchmarks are super red and its itchy!! I wanna cry already... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies,

Happened to come across a magazine at Raffles Medical just now while accompanying my hubby to see doctor. It says during the 3rd trimester, doctors usually look out for baby's growth to ensure there aren't any disorder. 3D and 4D scan is definitely more detailed however, it's optional.

Practice may varies I guess. Let's hear from my gynae on Thurs.

My placenta and water bag level is good. Gynae was happy with our progress as of last visit.....

Pinnky and Tinospora, you all can try Giant too. It's $9.90 per bra.

I have tried M&S. It's really comfy but not sure if I am getting them.

mrs heng, the M&S one i got is non padded. i used it with the removable breast pads so that there's "no-show" when the aircon is cold... haha... think during nursing period most likely will be using the disposable breast pads or something so no worries if it's not padded. Padded with breast pad like very hot. Anyway, this is personal preference, cos i don't like thickly padded bras in the 1st place. Bought those 2 in a box set for ard $79.90. can't really remember. Different patterns different price.

the ones i got from moms in mind is padded. think abt $38 each.

most important is, no wire for me. the wire makes me very uncomfy, cannot breath.

A_R: dun scratch. it might make the stretch marks worse... put some moisturizer or something. u dun wanna scratch till u bled either yah.

Mrs Heng...

M&S one is $89 for 2 pcs, comes in a box. Non-padded.

Not sure if they have padded ones, didn't see it.

For padded ones, i think you can get it from Mothercare, Mum & Babes or MomsinMind.com =)

thx mummies..okay, will go look around..I think I can buy anytime as seem tat my breast wouldnt go bigger liao..hehe..still the same size [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

AR, try not to scratch otherwise ur stretch mark will become more serious..apply some cream cox maybe ur skin too dry?

Actually never thought of going to the expo bb fair...

but after reading the flyer... there seemed to have many selection for bb cot... hmmmmm

AR - try to apply Prickly Heat Powder...the cooling effect helps =)

Blueturle, Lucasmummy - WoW...the price sounds quite steep for me. Hmm..nt sure if i should invest dat amt on nursing bras anot..=P

Durian:

Although it is a bit heaty but it is very nutritional, rich in potassium, protein and vitamin C (of course high in sugar too). Very good to eat during 3rd trimester if you have a under size baby, your bb will sure grow very big.

But if you already have a big bb, better don't take that many lar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinnky,

I just bought 2 from CK Dept Store at chinatown yesterday. Both no under-wire and not padded or very very lightly padded.

One design (pink / ugly ah soh brown) is $3.90

The other design (pale yellow) was $4.90.

So cheap i figured can just wear at home type.

wasabi mummies... its tue again.. cya later.

last night i went swimming.. hubby says i very obscene coz now tummy bigger = show more skin.

was telling chilimum over msn how draggy it is to come to work nowadays.. feel heavy and clumsy.

haiz.. have to go back to work now.

lilstarz, is it comfortable to wear? I think I will no invest to exp nursing bra cox only will wear for 2 months..after tat, bb will send to nanny..no more fresh milk for him..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

tinospora,

no problems, I'm also want to get from Shears, not cot but the playpen. I hope they still hv it when I go on Sat or Sun.

AR,

my tummy is also starting to feel itchy lately. worse thing is the area that is itchy is a blind spot!! it's at the area below my navel which I can't see at all if it's red or stretch marks. I tried using a mirror to see but it's too small and blocked by my huge tummy....

lilstarz, if u free, pls look at the link that I posted just now..is it the bras that you bought same as stylishmum2be one? thx!

Pinnky, its ok lor i mean its not say itchy scratcy or wat... and even after i stop bf still can use as those home wear type of bras.

But if u go out then maybe just have a few a bit more expensive underwire padded type cos even though is nursing bra still can use if no longer bf.

maggie mee, me no growth scan at 28 weeks no other schedule was arranged so far leh. This week I'm 32 weeks and EDD 15 May!! Gygnae said I don't need any others beside his standard check up?

Is other people the same? no other special check up, scan after detail scan in 20th weeks?

Luckyone - same here...Gynae didnt mention anything abt growth scan, amino fluid or placenta....Juz the norm ultrasound and showing me bb's heartbeat. I'm quite puzzled too...Gonna chk with her during my nex appt.

My EDD is 8th May.. but so far gynae nv say anything abt the change of EDD.... so i may ask her again during next visit....

Dun worry ourselves..let's enjoy our 1 more month!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Another hr to go..zzzz

seems like different gynaes got different ways of doing things.

i gotta do some detailed scanning in addition to the normal ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat. the week 20 scan report showed the bb's growth chart, head size, placenta position, amino fluid level, etc. That's why i could tell that bb's head is bigger than his body in proportion. =P

Re: Coconut

it can be drunk anytime once you hit the later stage of the 3rd tri. Try to keep it to once a week, as with any other tonics. Coconut helps to keep baby clean during birth, so not so much vernix, blood & gore.

You gals have really been at it this whole morning... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I cannot believe I finally finished reading the thread after more than half and hr....*PHEW*

edie,

super happy...now I'm hoping to indulge in another taitai day off before delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha

KTSC,

$9.90 beanie pillow...can do lah.

It's the hypoallergenic bead type. 1st time trying it out. Mum says it is quite good because it is slightly heavier than the husk pillows.

Bu if the beads spill out and bb swallows it will be quite jialat right?!?! :X

Chloie,

got your update request. Hope the amnio and everything will work out well for you tomorrow. *HUGZ* [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MUSH n hb,

remember the drink I ordered at WATAMI? OMG it was alcoholic!!!!!

I gave the drink to My hb coz I thought it tasted kind of funny.

He checked the drinks menu then realised I ordered from the alcoholic section by mistake.

hahha....no wonder I so high and happy, I took at least 4 sips. :p

Anyone intend to keep their placenta and grind it to powder?

I heard some people did it, but I don't know what they do to the grinded powder?

morning mtbs... finally back to work after 2 days of MC... & the thread is gg so fast that i very chuan to read on lor...

no mood to work

tell me abt it lor... after 2 days of MC, i really dun feel like coming back to work... super sianz...

luckyone

yaya... the "dok dok dok" sound is bb's hiccups... my #1 hiccups more than #2...

i'm hoping for #2 to arrive by week 38 also... coz dun think i can tahan till week 40 lor...

jerbunny

dun worry if ur gynae nvr say anything... i think chloie's case is coz her gynae discovered excessive amnio fluid tat's y she went for a detailed scan... dun scare urself hor...

wedding band

me still wearing my wedding band leh... during last pregnancy gotta take off coz of water retention... but this pregnancy so far so gd... still can take off n put on... heehee...

blue turtle

my next appt is 3 weeks... and then 2 weeks n after that once a week...

pinnky

hiccups r like heartbeat... very consistent one... but stop after awhile... usually quite hard to detect heartbeat one so if you experience the dok dok feeling then its hiccups liao... heehee...

baby position

my gal also head down since 27 weeks... and was still down at last check up at 31 weeks... dun think she got space to move much liao...

huggy

i also find it very hard to control diet lor... budden i limiting my carbo intake... hopefully can lose all the excess weight via bfing lor...

maggie mee

how have u been?? i asked my gynae abt the growth scan during last appt lor... coz i went for it during #1's time where appt is at clinic B and not TPS... she said not necessary coz she scan for me every visit so no need to waste $$... but if i insist then she can also send me for the scan lor... u also seeing gynae at TPS rite??

as for the booking of wards, was told to do it at next appt on the 31 Mar... heehee...

mrs teo

ya... usually bb position would chg constantly unless engaged liao... so no worries coz still got space to move...

i also wanna go ikea... wanna get the plain cot bumper... probably go after my check-up on 31 Mar...

alina

dun be sad... coz u wont be staying long in the hospital mah... max is 3 days lor... so save the $$...

fresh coconut juice

was told to take the big green ones... n remember dun take the flesh... just drink the juice can liao... n i was told tt the purpose of drinking coconut juice is to clear up all the heaty stuffs that we had taken so far so that bb would come out to have clean n fair complexion... heehee... drank quite abit during #1 time and gonna start drinking 1 this week... heehee...

chillimum

dun think u will feel anything when bb engaged leh... coz i didn't...

low placenta

i had this problem for both pregnancy leh... usually detected during detailed scan at 20 weeks... but for 80% of the cases, the placenta would usually move up as the bb grows which was the case for me... and usually if the placenta dun move up by 32 weeks, usually hard to move liao... so gotta c-sect if placenta is low...

alsky

i started drinking coconut juice after 32 weeks lor... started with once a week then twice a week during the last mth...

nursing bras

i was thinking of getting some during the expo bb fair coz i think MomsinMind would have a booth there...

M&S bras sounds gd leh... probably need to get another 2 more so will go look2 see2 this weekend lor...

i saw some padded ones at mothercare harbourfront last week also... think they are gg at $49/pc...

lilstarz

aiyo... the bras u buy r so cheap lor... gd for everyday home wear... for me, i got 3 nursing bras when i went to BKK in Feb... so wanna get 2 more coz i need a black one!!! heehee... and wanna continue bfing for as long as possible so will get something more mid range one...

Hi jerbunny, they usually dry the placenta, grind into powder, some will put into capsules then take daily. supposed to make one look young cos of the female hormones in the placenta.

Heard that some ppl also just take the placenta and cook and eat. eh...not sure how...

But then personally i feel it's gross :p :p sorry...strictly personal opinion only. =P

Hi Jerbunny,

I was also thinking of the placenta thingy.. but can u imagine cutting up ur own placenta and cooking it like liver or something... thats why ppl grind it hahahaha

but then u get somebody to come take from u and make into tablet.. erm how u know what they give u... turn out to be normal tablets or WORST... make mistake somebody else's placenta!!

but supposed to make ur skin smooth smooth... make ur uterus contract faster less bleeding etc.. supposedly a lot of good stuff lah thats why out of vanity ppl still take.. i am still undecided cos i dun feel comfortable paying ppl to grind it to tablets for me.. and no way in hell i want to cut and fry with ginger or something ;p

JSP... yeah cheapo here hahaha... but home bra nvm mind lah.. when go back work then buy the nice ones from M&S

Hi, chillimum

what is measurement for the $8 kiddy palace mattress protector for bb cot? Izit disposable one?

Hi, pinnky

May I know the measurement for ikea waterproof mattress protector pls?

many thanks!!!!

JSP... ya im seeing at TPS.. anyway more scan also good lah.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just make sure bb is fine..

Recently bb kicking me so hard... must be very squeezy inside... haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yterday i discovered metro selling nursing bra @ $12+/pc... cheap leh! At first i still thinking of buying fr mothercare/kiddy palace...which cost at least $30+ abv.. but not sure how comfy leh

morning mummies..

JSP, welcome back! Do u feel better today? I heard we should tk both coconut juice and flesh so that can balance up..juice = cooling, flesh = heating

lilstarz, I went to CK to buy the nursing bra yesterday..i got the 3.90 one cox 4.90 cutting is too big for me..is quite comfortable I can say..suit to wear at home..thx for sharing ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually how many nursing bra we need?

superyes, the measurement for Ikea waterproof mattress protector is 70cm x 100cm..If u keen to buy, probably u need to go to Tampines one as Queenstown only left one and I hv bought it 2 days ago..:p

Jerbuny, I heard eating own placenta is good but it sounds disgusting..hehe..I will ask my mum's advice and see how..But if u wan to eat, I think u need to bring a freezer bag to hospital and keep it once delivered..then ask ur hubby to transfer to fridge when get home..

i just discove i got stretch mark last ight cos it so itchy and painful the i have to keep apply the stretch mark lotion on my tummy because of the cooling effect.

did any mummy stretch mark feel pain ??

lilstarz

hahaha... me also cheapo lor... usually buy bras when i go BKK one... coz so much cheaper lor... not willing to spend so much on something worn on the inside!!! heehee...

maggie mee

really?? $12+/pc is cheap lor... i was thinking of getting from spring maternity lor... coz got those abt $20++ sports bra kind tat is super comfy... still undecided!!!!

my gal also kicking real hard n strong at times... n squirming ard non-stop lor... especially at nite...

Pinnky

thks thks... better liao... had been advised to take the juice oni leh... coz we had enuff heaty stuffs during the entire pregnancy remember?? heehee... anyway, the big coconut flesh not so nice leh... hahaha...

maggie mee, what brand of the nursing bra that u saw at metro..i might drop by to hv a look..thanks!

JSP, yalo..the flesh is quite "hard"..hehe..

lilstarz & JSP, I m cheapo too..:p

Adelene, I got stretch mark but no feel pain at all..but bit itchy sometimes..r u sure the pain come from the stretch mark? Think is better to tell ur gynae abt ur situation..

bbf factory,

That drink actually looks innocently non-alcoholic.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back