(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Serene, now still early for our gynae to tell you what kind of delivery. I think you have to wait till after 30 weeks at least?

Hi Luckyone,

Last week I was at my gynae and I checked with her on the Raspberry Leaf Tea and she told me that 1 of the patient is actually using this and it is not helping. Do not know its because of the location where the leaf was imported cause she say that the patient didn't mention it was from Japan :p

Hi Evejol, Oh! but my friend in Japan tried it worked. Maybe up to individual I guess. I not sure whether will work on me but I will just try lah maybe it helps (^^)

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Venue: Jurong West

Time: ???

Baby shower food-

<nick>- <buffet/high>, <no.>

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

chillimum - buffet - 1adult

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Piggy - Buffet, 1

helo!

How are u mummies!!

wah! the baby how in jurong west??

alamak! 6 march am holding my ger's chalet.. so dun think can go down to jurong west..

hahaha.. dun wan to hold it at my ger's chalet? but its at pasir ris!

Hi luckyone..I went to mumsinmind on sat, they dun sell the roseship tea there but i did buy 1 pkt of raspberry leaf tea,50g at $5.40 but is not organic..Thanks Anlin, wil look for the organic type at yes natural..I also agreed the tea is really depends on individual, no apply to all..

I went to kidsloftz on sat as well, no much items there..

Alsky..yeah..I saw the same offer at Bugis OG too..the 135 is worth to buy..My hubby bought d promotional package abt nov/dec with more value price..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

talking abt the mrt seat..today, I cant get the seat from Admiralty till jurong east..no one seem to give me the seat..1 guy slept all the way thru & 1 girl opened her eyes n faster to close when saw me infront of her..so bad..

pinnky.. same here.. wah lau.. already 6 months.. still cannot tell meh? actually i think that we would need the seat more in the inital months den in the mid trim.. haha!

hello im back! monday blues again... dun feel like working today (as usual)hehe.

i totally forgotten abt the stemcord seminar n only remembered it yest night!! omg! had late night on fri n sat woke up early to help hubs drive his client n never occurs to me the seminar is on..:p opps.. mummies who went? how was it???

priority seats:

some ppl choose to not do anything even though they know there is a pregnant lady standing. they just pretend through the journey. pretend to slp pretend to act blur pretend never see. i always ignore them but silently feel pity for them. on the contrary if im offered a seat im so thankful i kept thanking the person cos ppl nowadays just simply hack care.

regarding in-laws:

bb-bao, ya we r in the same boat.. yr story v similiar to mine somewat is abt the same prob. i think the best is still to stay on yr own w yr inlaws/parents nearby.. sigh but for my case my mil is bound to us as she has no where else to go so hav to stay tog. haiz..

infant care:

i heard if the mother is working mum there is subsidised fee only pay abt 700-800 per mth. havnt really check on it. cos if im to cont working i might b getting either a maid or sending bb to infant care. dun think my mil can cope on her own.

Hi luckyone..the website: www.yesnatural.biz

nanabear, of course can tell la..they just pretend never see us lo..but actually i hv used to it..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

chillimum, if you're singaporean subsidise is 600. eg. infant care fee is 1000, you only pay 400. As for PR, If I'm not wrong, subsidise is 300.

Morning MTBs!!! Another Monday! Cant wait for CNY to enjoy more PHs!!! Nowadays really lazy to go work... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MRT Seats:

My hubby took the MRT with me today 'cos we were going to TMC.. MRT was super crowded so no choice have to squeeze at one corner.

We were discussing how to make people give up the priority seats..

I said "public humiliation" works best in Sg.

1. There should be a button next to the Priority Seat

2. When the needy (pregnant/old/disabled) board the train, they should press the button if the seat is occupied.

3. The priority seat will light up and flash and make buzzing noise (the whole train of ppl sure stare) - most ppl will give up the seat, unless he super thick-skinned.

4. Hubby said should add electric shock too, for those act blur and sleepy ppl..

Evil.. LOLs, but that's how I got through 9 stations while standing...

Anyone has other ideas!?

bb-bao, atually your husband can ask anyone sitting on the priority seat to give up the seat mah. My husband said if he see someone like that, he will scold them. But too he seldom travel MRT with me (^^;).

I remember few months ago, when my tummy was not so big, I saw a pregant lady who's very big tummy, nobody give up the seat for her, I went to a young boy who's sitting on the priority seat, asked him to give up the seat nicely and he was quite embarrassed after that.

welcome luckyone..

for PR, no more subsidy for infant care since Jan 09..

Yea..bb-bao, ur husband can request..for me alone, I feel "paiseh" to ask for d seat..I did the same as luckyone to ask one lady to give the seat to a pregnant lady while she was reading d newspaper tat time..hehe..

Hi everyone, its being a long while i didnt come in to chat. Last 2 weeks was quite frustrated with my 3 mths old new maid and decided tonight sending her back to agent and the other new maid will only come on friday so these few days hv to bother my mum to come over and take care my son. Already discussed with my hubby if this time the new maid still give me problems think i will hv to apply no pay leave for a year.

Hv anyone booked your room? going for my medical appt next thurs and then will get my gynae to give me 2 days MC...shiok will be a long cny holiday for me.

bb-bao : u damn idea la! lolz!

sometimes on the train.. the person will look at me.. den i look at him.. den i look at my tummy.. den he will stand up! hahhahaha!

lucky one.. no use leh the pink sticker.. sigh.. somemore put at the bottom.. got ppl sit down liao cannot see liaoz..

i remember got people ever suggested that pregnant woman should have a sticker.. so whenever they board the train.. they wear/carry that sticker and people should give up seats to them... but seriously.. unless i am not well..i dun mind not to have a seat la..

mummies.. ineed to vent..

sorry la.. very long never come in here.. den pop in and out.. i feel so stranger.. sigh..

but no choice due to work.. i hope i can build a repo just like my #1 group of mummies.. kekeke..

I going thru slight depression.. sigh.. and i feel so like no bonding with my #2.. i feel so sad at times.. but i really no energy and time.. esp with #1 at T2 stage.. or at least T3 stage.. sigh..

hope to be able to meet up with u mummies soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mummies!

Whao!! All planning for CNY already huh? 12 days more to go right... Cant wait for long weekend too! yey!!!

About the mrt seats.. they are really bad la. For me maybe bec i wear loose clothes so cant see that clear... but even when clothes that makes it obvious... they stare and me, i stare at them! haiz! but when I am tired i will ask the person at the priority seat for it . Singaporeans just paisey to give up their seats la.. And its also the lousy Singaporean culture...Haiz! Must teach our kids on social ethics.. so that the future generation doesnt continue this..

hey nanabear!, i think u went MIA for sometime.. we were looking for the mummy with the chalet.. but couldnt remember who.. I guess its fixed at Rantingbaby's place already.. SO just stick to it unless everyone is ok with the chalet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chillimum, so sad u missed the seminar. loads of freebies. Heheheh! Anlin, Rantingbaby and myself got to meet up. It was an informative session. Anlin and me went up on stage for the baby massage demo and Anlin's hb went for the diaper change demo. Heheh! I think they might have another seminar.. jsut check their webby i guess.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies.. for the bb shower we need min of 30 pax to order from kriston.. So pls go to the website www.kriston.com and check out the menu under 'buffet spread', if u are ok, pls update the thread.

About the bb shower timing, can i suggest late afternoon? - Bec Saturday... I wanna get up late and laze around b4 i get to the day.. hehehe! about 4pm can? Rantingbaby, u have to tell us which time u are ok with...

More FTBs for bb shower pls!!, ladies, ask ur hubbies to come too.. so they can interact at their 'masculine' level.. sometimes u dunno whats goin on in their heads at time... heheh!

----------------------------------------------------------

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Venue: Jurong West

Time: ???

Baby shower food-

<nick>- <buffet/high>, <no.>

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

chillimum - buffet - 1adult

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Piggy - Buffet, 1

Hey Mummies!! There is this Watson's sale in late FEb... I think can get baby essentials like laundry detergent, wipes and BF stuff ... mark ur calendars if interested.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Watson's Mega Expo Sale

26 February 2010 - 28 February 2010

Event type : Retailer & Sales

Venue : Hall 6B

Admission : Public - Free Admission

Event Schedules : Time: 10am to 10pm

Show Profile :

Watson's Mega Expo Sale

Organizer : Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd

bbf factory,

Thanks for your advice. Will bear your pointers in mind during our purchase.

anlin,

Yes, ours is the weekend sessions whereby only 1st lesson is on this thurs.

Luckyone,

Two months back I had to give up my priority seat to a more pregnant woman 'cos the old uncle beside me was sleeping. How? I also paiseh to nudge him..

nanabear,

HAR you sure got such sticker? This is so embarrassing.. I mean it only shows how lousy our society is.. to have to resort to labelling people!

thks luckyone for the info...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb-bao,

lol tats really a gd idea leh u n yr hubby came up w! but i think it boils down to the fact that ppl here dunno or rather act blur abt the meaning of a priority seat n take advantage of it.

infant care/maid is an option im looking at, cos she already so lazy now n complain of tiredness (doing nothing) .. of cos if we can work things out n my mil help take care then we can save money also... though i know i will sure b upset w how she handles bb but hav to weigh pros n cons. hopefully things wont be as bad w the bb ard n she will 'wake up'! actually i wanted to take care of bb on my own but tat will mean i hav to quit my job (lesser income) but tat will really b the last option la. so im crossing my fingers..the maternity leave period is the testing period.

yippie!! im taking one extra day leave after CNY hehe! this is my first cny since married.. my fren say i v smart, this year no need giv ang pows then next year bb will get ang pow!! lolol!!

nanabear,

dun be so hard on yrself.. cheer up.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb-bao : i remember got somemore suggested before.. but was never put to action la.. den they came up with the priority / reserved seat.. but i think after some time.. no use one.. hahaha..

chillimum : ya .. my hubby side also.. 1st year no need to give.. hahahaa.. i trying to lor..

Afternoon ladies... Went to gyne last Friday, bb weight at 516gm at week 24. Quite big I think. Last appt, gyne say bb was still small, now big... *faint*

bb-bao> Your idea good lei! Especially for mummies who are in their last trimester. But I think if we suggest that to smrt, we would need to pay more for the train service liao. LOL!

A R> I went on Sat. Was looking thru the forum on Sat morning for contact nos. of those going on Sat but did not manage to find any. I went alone, hb supposed to go with me but he has an urgent job. I think I saw you but did not call out to you cos I was "blind" that day. My contact lens were giving me problem in the morning so I took it off in the office [before I went to the seminar]. Till you mentioned that you went up on stage with Anlin, now I know who are the two of you already [with very blur image in my mind]. I was sitting behind you at the other end on your right. LOL! Anlin has a cute and small tummy!

So have you & Anlin signed up for stemcord?

Infant care> Tot of enrolling my bb too but cant bear to do so lei.... But no one to take care of baby for me.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hihi mtbs... long time nvr post coz was busy with work...

gathering

i'm afraid i've to opt out of the gathering due to some other family commitments leh... n also coz rantingbaby's place is too far for me... HB will scream at me if i were to ask him go to jurong... n late afternoons are also bad for me coz its #1's slping time... so u mtbs enjoy urself n remember to post more pixs ya...

chubby tiger

u plan very well leh... i gg to see my gynae next wed... n flying off next thurs... so i'm definitely looking forward to the long break away from SG....

bb necessities

i bought alot of pureen pdts when i had #1... coz their head-to-toe shower is quite mild n most of their pdts quite afforable... for mtbs gynae visit at KKH, they have a shop there n usually got promotion one... i like their bb laundry detergent too... cheap n gd... i think they also got participate in bb fairs @ expo so u gers can keep a lookout...

Thanks AR!

I love Watsons... I get almost all my grooming items at Watsons.

ParentCraft

Any mommies attending the TMC ParentCraft at AMK Hub? I have registered for March intake.. Every Thursday 7pm from 18 March.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/wink.gif]

AR is right. We have to start educate our children when they're small. So hopefully next generation, they will understand what's "priority" mean (^^).

Hey Chloie! So sad didnt get to say hi to u. Could have buddy-ed with ya bec my hubby also couldnt come.. Maybe next time.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] At the bb shower.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I actually went back home and demo-ed baby massage on my hb. He was laughing away! haiz!! Maybe diff effect on grown men! Hahahaha! But his legs were too heavy to do the step whereby u bring the knees to the tummy. hehehe!

Hey JSP. So nice to see u after so long.... u are staying in Tampines area right?- If u decide to come eventually, we can share a cab to Jurong then on the way back can carpool in my hb's car.. bec he will most prob join me aft his work.. just a suggestion in case u change ur mind...

luckyone, dun worry, sure can make it! All in the mind! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Practise yoga regularly i guess. Rmb the Ang moh preggies at yoga.. 36 weeks still doing yoga! so we must motivate ourselves to be active till the end! U can do it! hehehe!

Anyway,East side mummies , i found a baby shop its called baby boutique @ blk 821 Tampines st 81. cant rmb the unit no. 2 storey shop dedicated to baby stuff.. Combi feeding chair (the one with rollers) at 259. i think u cant get combi at discounted prices outside easily.. anyway they have a number of things.. u can check it out there too.

A R> Watson's for bb items? Sure not? The thoughts of going to a sales scares me, the thought of going to Expo for sales, make me run faster for the opposite direction! Dont think they would have as much items as OG / Taka?

Wet wipes & laundry detergent can always get from NTUC. I almost bought wet wipes & cotton wool from Taka last fri but hb say why get so early and we can get it cheaper elsewhere. I have began to become "dumb".... What he say is true also lah.....

Regarding shopping> I advise all to start shopping asap.

Last fri, I walked around paragon metro male section for about 30 mins then to Taka for about another 45 mins, I felt breathless after I got back to the car at paragon. Then last sat went to the stemcord seminar and went home after lunch, I feel like I have walked the whole day lor! And ytd afternoon, I start to felt backache! What worst, my whole body ach after dinner and I cant slp thru the night!!!!! Now I'm like a walking zombie, dragging my feet to everywhere I'm going.... I think I can die from all the aches I'm feeling now. So better start shopping soon!

Chloie, yeap loh. Me too. I went shopping with my husband last Sat for CNY stuff, less then 3 hours, I felt me walking like old lady already. Then next day, left kneecap pain. Can't even walk short distance.

For those who have aching, I learned from my antenatal class last week. Tried hotbag. I felt better after using it on my kneecap last night.

I bought it from KK pharmacy 15.00, Osim brand - 2pcs. Can use as hot or cold.

Chloie & luckyone...

I think we all are going thru that phase... but on a personal level, i tell myself to stay active so that baby also doesnt become lazy.. Hard to do.. but must try...

Chloie.. Watsons sale is always fun! :p thats how i feel towards it.. but true, can get wipes and stuff at NTUC. Just FYi thing la... for me, I am a person who must go out during weekends.. bec its just me n my hubby at home.. dun like to stay home.. very boring...

I wanna ask around... anyone experiencing tummy cramps? it feels like menses cramps! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I am having it on and off. But thankfully no bleeding or spotting. Baby still active and moving.. but the tummy cramps are bad... i thought these 9 mths are suppose to be "holiday" for menses cramps.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hello, i was surfing around buy and sell and saw 2nd hand breast pump. Will you girls buy 2nd hand? my hubby is quite against but i don't want to spend so much on something that I might even be able to use it.

edie, for hygiene purpose, I will not use second hand.

I will only get the breast pump after I give birth. I will get a $100 voucher from KK because I've sign up the pay in advance pakage with them, so I will ask my husband to buy at KK after I give birth. In case I can't produce milk haha

AR,

wah sounds like really resourceful the seminar. i was so amuse at myself for actually only remembering abt it last night! glad u gals had fun w the demo.

Chloie,

i also hav the same prob w contact lens. think its a symptom of pregnancy. my eyes will feel v dry n uncomfortable esp in the morning. so nowadays.. i wear specs. n also become lazy in dressing as already cant fit into most of my old clothes! feel so unglam sometimes already haha..

ParentCraft:

bb-bao, im also registered for march intake. lesson conducted by Wong Boey Boey. see ya!

Shopping:

i thought of getting all the necessities including toiletries fr chinatown. heard fr her its near OG above the hawker centre. but of cos will drop by taka sale or baby fair to check it out. already got alot of kind offers fr my frens for hand me downs. walking so far is still ok for me only cant stand for too long will get backache. 3rd tri must walk more also helps when we giv birth.

AR

thanks for the offer... i'm staying at macpherson area... so not really convenient to share a cab leh... n late afternoon might not be a gd time for me too... will let u gers knw if i really can pop by... actually been looking forward to meeting u gers after chatting for so long online... heehee... but i guess there would definitely be chances one... especially after we popped...

Back