(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Gladseow: I also brought Chloe's pillow/blanket. Something with her smell. I purposely bring the one she has been using, not new one. haha. In case she got problems falling asleep in a new place. But I didn't need that eventually.

Do check with the cruise whether they have bb cot, or u going to co-sleep.

Bring warm clothes. Or clothes that can be layered. Else whole day in aircon, very cold.

Sun block/shades/hat if u r intending to bask in the sun with bb.

Chloemum, so cruise environment will usually be cold ah?

Ya hor. most of the time in aircon area. If we are outdoors, dunno will get chill because of the sea breeze or not.

I better bring more layered clothes and smelly pillow.

I did check with my travel agent, she mentioned that if 3 adults in a room. There will be insufficient space for cot. If got cot in the room better, at least, i can put bb there and go toilet.

Thanks for the tips ya.

gladseow,

this wed cruise till Fri?

enjoy yrself..

I will be bringing my girl for the 3rd time virgo cruise on Apr too.

things to bring. milk powder (prepare more), milk bottles, Diaper (prepare more, cold - babies urine more),wet wipes, tissues to wipe saliva, pram, sweater, big container to bath her , her sleeping necessities, shower neccessities, water boiler (only balcony provide water boiler), vacuum jug for hot water etc. basically what is needed everyday have to bring too. for food, i didn't bring as u can ask for baby food (Nestle brand-food in jar) or ask them for fresh fruit (like apple, avocado etc)

Gladseow: yah. Cruise everywhere is aircon mah. So depends on whether bb is used to aircon or not. And in the middle of the sea, at night will be cold ah. Especially if u go walk walk outside the decks.

For bathtimes, i just use bath tub, or let her sit on floor. milk powder i pack a lot, at least 2 to 3 extra feeds a day. Bottles i bring 2, cos can wash. Diapers I pack enough for change every 3/4 hours. Travel size bath gel, lotion powder, small ruyi oil, diaper cream.

Warh Lin, you are the expert on cruising with baby la. keke..

U put milk powder in containers or u bring the whole tin. Hopely, Gerris will be hungry on board and take some FM.

Is the toliet area very small? Warh, still need container to bath her!! Alamak. I better go find.

Cruise provide baby nestle food jar! Need to pay? I thought of bringing my own baby cereal there. They allow or not ah?

luckyone,

i bring because don't want to let her sit in the bathroom floor.

for hygenie lah because don't know how clean is it (with many unknown pple stepping on the toilet floors before). is up to individual lor.

Chloemum,

bath tub.. eee. very difficult to bring the plastic bath tub leh. So, there is heated shower facility to shower BB Chole on the floor?

gladseow, my family member go to cruise once a week lol

i only go few times a year lah...

my husband and i will take turn to take care baby while another go gambling lol

i have a sample tin from Dumex ( i filled them to rim) also bring small container to prepare the powder for easily pouring.

Toilet is small ( similar to Japan concept). have hot water heater to sterilise the floor too. i brought tupperware big container for my last 2trip.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bella vista (Western resturant) have jar food (not sure need to pay anot)

That time i ask for any baby food. They bring jar food for me. i reject and i ask for avocado instead.

so far i only let my baby only eat fresh prepared food.

(no preserved or jar food)

Chinese restuarant gives baby fish porridge.

if u don't want yr bb to eat. then bring baby cereal .:>

Lin.. lol. no wonder u cruise often. itchy hands ya!!

ic. So, there is variety of baby food at different resturants. but, will still take my own cereal jus in case.

gladseow, not itch hand lah,, we gamble to get points. Points can redeem free room. So only pay seaport tax only.

the baby food variety is very little. But western (bella Vista) has more variety for CHILDREN FOOD (ie beef ball spagatti)

Gladseow: no no. not bring bathtub. i just bath her in the bath tub if there is one there. Else, i just let her sit/stand on floor. At home I also do that cos too lazy to fill the tub liao. Just use shower head to shower her can liao.

If you scared floor dirty, then, use a plastic sheet or something, let Gerris sit on it lor. Still lighter than bringing a tub. Up to you lar.

The cruise should have hot water shower. Haven't been on StarCruise recently, but I assume hot water in bath room is standard.

Swimming pool i think also personal preference lar. i have no qualms over putting chloe in public pools. water cold or hot also doesn't matter.

Hi mummies, sorry for the interruption, I need advices for my 10 mths old son. It seems like he doesnt like to take solids. he will start to clamp up his mouth after a few spoons of serving. Have tried giving him at diff meal times and giving new food, still no use. Is he a fussy eater? What can i do to make him eat?! Mummies, pls advise, i m getting desparate, thanks a lot!

Lin, we are members of star cruise too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

I'm a Aug mommy here!

Any mommy stay in jurong west interested to send their baby for music class which is like kindermusik? It is called musikgarten. I wanted to send my baby for the class which is a home based near pioneer mrt but need 2 babies to form a class. She charge $55 per mth! I'm looking at weekday afternoon if any mommy wants to join me pls pm me[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] We can go for the trial class first!

King. Feeding baby needs a lot of patience. Try sweet potato or pumpkin or cereal. Everyday try a little. Sooner or later will get it. Some babies just take longer.

Otherwise, try mixing FM/BM with cereal or other food. See if it's better.

If you are not afraid of mess, maybe you try Baby Lead Weaning(BLW). Prepare food and let baby "play" and feed himself. Some babies seem to like that a lot. I do that with my daughter sometimes, but usually with more solid food like frui/veg sticks, mashed potatoes, rice, macaroni etc. I tend to skip the runny puree, porridge, cereal. These I will spoon feed.

Lin, tat is attractive. Gamble to get pts for free stay. Hmm. Guess Gerris still dunno how to eat children food. I better backup more cereal.

Chloemum, keke... Guess I will not b so hardworking to bring bathtub there. Thks for the great idea to place plastic mat. I only scared dun have retractable shower head. The last time I went genting, the shower head is fixed on the wall. Aiya, very mafan hor. Guess, worst come to worst, I jus carry Gerris and shower together.

Have packed her swimming gear also. If weather permits, might spend sometime there.

Thanks ladies. Will update went I return from cruising with baby.

Hi Hi Mummies,

the playdate on 19th march so nice. Hope I can join next time. :)

Gladseow,

I brought my bb to Virgo when he 6 mths old. No need to bring tub. They can provide. After u checkin, board the cruise, go to the reception and tell them u need baby cot n bath tub to be set up in your cabin. Baby cot is big, hence depends on the size room u get. For me, I got balcony room last time n there is sofa bed, so i just sleep on tat with bb. No prob. :) Bath tub clean, so u just need to bring face cloth to clean bb. But shower area small so when u put bath tub inside, u need to be outside the area to shower bb. The room n etc veri small. If u taking pram up to the cruise, u have to close it when u enter the cabin. If u dun wan the milk tin to take up space in yr luggage, I scoop all nicely in those disposable milk sachets. For cereals as well. If u wan bottle foor, u can get it from blue lagoon, next to reception. No need to dine there cos its not under free makan place. U just go and ask for the bottle food. ITS FREE. If u need to sterilise bottles, u can just buzz them and they will come and take the bottles to sterilise for u. I bring along a container and the sterilising tablets to sterilise myself in the cabin. Hope it helps.

Babygi , I couldn't make it for the Little Genius preview talk . Wanted to find out from you how was it , is their programme any good and will you be signing up ? Thanks !

SN: Oh, virgo provide bb bath tub. That is kool. Bath bb with bathroom doors open.. Hmm. is the room aircon cold? Is it adjustable? Warh.. another good idea to put milk powder/ cereal in the disposable milk bag. Now i can lighten my baggage load liao. *muack*

I miss my holi~~day...

Even got $$ and time, very "ma fa" to bring baby leh. I'm sure the bags that we going to bring is 2X haha

luckyone,

once or twice, u get used to it. And is fun to go holiday with family :>

1st time, kaisu and kaise

2nd time, 25% lighter than 1st time

3rd time, 50% lighter than 2nd time

mummies

thanks for the tips and trick.. my trip will also be 1/2 lighter than before.

envy the mummies who has brought baby outta singapore., i've yet to do it. and have no guts to try. its hard enough bringing bb out to shop / walk walk , let alone bring her overseas...

luckyone, any chinese medical shop?

yeah. i agree that 1st trip sure pack a lot. but subsequently learn to pack less. ziplock bags, vaccum bags are like the key to trim luggages!

works especially well for diapers and clothes! will have extra space to bring back shopping too. cos the diapers will be used up after the trip! cereal and milk powder will also be gone. more space for shopping!

i try to bring 2x big plastic sheet (disposable table cloth) along too. so that bb has a cleaner place to crawl around. or use as picnic sheet. cheap cheap too.

Mrs Teo: must be brave and take the 1st step! nowadays, i just ditch the stroller. i rely heavily on my baby bjorn. so just 1 baby bag and i am ready to go!

Haha... Lin, very true. The 1st bb holiday was like movin hse. Packed everything and bring home alot of unused items. This time, packed lesser and lighter baggage.

Me too.. till now. i have brought my bb out alone for 2 to 3 times. Take MRT/bus etc.. I started with short trips (nearby places).

Have yet to challenge myself with driving with bb alone. How nice if my bb can sit and entertain herself on the carseat behind.

Mrs Teo, tx!

Gladseow/lin/chloemum - yah, first time i packed like the whole house. very funny and nervous.

brought bb a few times to very nearby places in msia and batam. but, am not in the same league lah. am boh chap.

am eyeing krabi next. hoping for island tour. hahahahahaa.. very ambitious. lol. maybe not ah, see his mood first.

pinky - am interested. am staying very nearby. but cant make it on weekday. does she have weekend classes? interested in trial class. can pm me or call me 9748 6554? tx.

gladseow, outside shower area still inside toilet, u can close the toilet door. Also u can off the cabin air con when bb wan to take shower. The toilet is divided like left toilet bowl, middle wash sink, then right is the shower area so outside the shower area, u r in front of the wash sink. Hope u get what I meant. hee

Mrs Teo, um..where you stay? my house Pasir Ris St71 got 2 shops selling. Or you can just walk in to any CMS that selling baby FM to check the price. I'm sure it will be cheaper than medical shop. I bought 900g Friso 2 at $26 only. 2 tins selling at $51.

NTUC not promotion selling $38 if I'm not wrong.

oh Michelle, Little Genius not Little Neuro Tree. Little genius is the latest to open, not long ago. Little Neuro Tree has changed their name to Neuro Star Academy. Now Neuro dun conduct in 3 languages (Eng, Chinese n Jap), now onli english n Chinese and still dun have the sixth sense thingy which shichida has.

Hmmm, picking up lotsa useful tips from mummies here re what to pack for trip. Bringing big plastic sheet for baby to crawl is an excellent idea!!!

I'm bringing baby for a 4D3N trip to Cameron Highland/ KL this Sunday too.

Actually I think it is easier to bring baby for trip when they are younger. I brought baby for her first plane trip before she was 3 month old. It was easy then coz she wasn't so hyperactive like now. I also brought her on road trip to visit my relatives in Malaysian kampung before. She was well behaved in the car and had no problem staying overnight there.

But I'm afraid this time I'll have a hard time keeping her in the car seat for the trip. Nowadays, she will play all kinda tricks or kicking a fuss, to get out of the car seat. Last time I only needed to pack diapers and change of clothes, and didn't have to bring anything for her feeds (I'm her milk cow!). This trip, I'm bringing 4X 3 meals worth of Heinz baby food (jars), eating utensils, bibs bibs and more bibs, and toys toys and more toys to entertain her. :p

Btw, can any mummies advise on how to keep baby in the car seat? I think I got myself to blame for bringing her out of car seat a few times when she cried (to BF, thinking she was hungry), and she was smiling as soon as I got her out... sigh...

pringles_jem, very difficult lah~~Now I let my boy seat beside me (give up already) that the only way that can make him seat for at least 10 mins ha.ha

pringles: carseat i think must train. i don't have much problems. when she fusses, she is usu hungry or diaper wet or the car stop too long. but we have been moving her ard in car, mrt for a long time. so i think she is used to it already. most of the time i just try to pat her to sleep. haha. or play peekaboo with her.

Bibs, you can actually get those disposable kinds. just use and throw.

if you bb is not the super violent kind, u can consider using serviettes, and clip behind. or go to the restaurant and use the napkins (free and no need to clean)!

Otherwise, if u have the muslin napkins, can use those. then clip a plastic sheet in between to waterproof the "bib". the muslin napkins can wash and should dry quite fast.

Otherwise... my way of doing is no bib! haha... just change them after meal. cos most of the time, i will need to change them after meal anyway. i got a very messy bb.

haha, remember how i pack my luggage when i bring my boy overseas from all the thread. I brought him to Indonesia to visit my in laws. Didn't bring any diapers over there. What i did, was pack a few pcs and buy over there and bring the rest of the pack back to spore. Cas Indo cheaper than Spore. didn't pack the whole house cas got parentinlaw's house in indo and supermarket near.

When i brought him to Malaysia for 1 day trip. My big luggage was full, my friends all laughed at me for bringing so much stuffs. really like packing the whole house for just 2 day 1 night trip.

Then to bintan, pretty much the same as the trip to malaysia.

Now, i'm getting used to bringing him overseas. Thinking of bringing him to bali, just a thought, whether i will do it or not, dunno.

Chloemum, plastic sheet is a very good idea. Next time can do that.

Back