(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

edie - oh icic

bbf - this aftn i called the clinic coz i hv brown discharge n 10mins interval contractions but bearable. The nurse chk with gynae n i was told to monitor to look out for red blood discharge. Last week gynae appt, she told me to admit only if i hv 5mins interval contractions leh.

I juz called the emergency line n spoke to my gynae. she ask me to go down tmc now to chk...gonna wake my hubby up already >.<

Agginess: for maid I suggest u go down to maid agency n tell them ur requirements n normally fresh maid takes couple of weeks to come here. It wld B better to train them while we r on maternity.

Lilstarz: I tot my gal was a big eater esp at nite keep asking for more n I keep asking myself cld it b my breast milk not enough for her cos I can feel tat she emptied my breast with no more lumps n feel light n after sometime I notice tat she wil nimble on my nipple rather than suck n not sure is she taking s pacifier. Sometime I do want to bf her at wee hrs instead of givin her formula but then I end up torturing myself. With endless feeding, I very scare my gal crying in the wee hrs afraid she wil disturb hb n son slp. So eachbtime u can ebm hw much? The most I can get only 50-60ml[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Talk ebm , this mrng I smsed one of my friend who is on ml n she told me she solely ebm n she pumped every 6hrs n she can get 400ml with an hour pumping I was like...wow!! enough for my gal daily milk intake...hehe[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Agnes- Mine is strgt from india. Distant relative in need of cash... village lady..

but like what chubby tiger said, u can get a temporary maid from agency. Get the sri lankan ones.

Edie- I felt exactly the same way during labour.. just minus the epidural and fish porriage for lunch. heheh!

bbf/hon- really comforting to hear tt am not alone.. was so worried that my precious one was not getting enuff food. My MIL is getting on my nerves. She keep saying i am over feeding him. And she insist on giving him water! Despite my hb explainign to her there is no nutrients in it. She even told him off that if he is not goign to listen to her, she wudnt bother looking after the bb. he was so affected by wat she said and didnt even speak to me properly and went to bed.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Why are MILs like that sometimes? haiz!

chubby_tiger:

I just finished my first pump for the night. Same like u, one of my friends also pumped every 6hrs, each time 150ml per breast... wondering if we are talking about the same person.

6hours leh... did u ask ur gf when did she start on the 6hrs interval?

My pump quantity hasn't be increasing. Stagnant.

My day feed 3hourly, 30min each side (including bb dozing off). About an hour later, baby cry for milk, latched him for about another 10min on each side... Then he is satisfied and contented to go to sleep for a good 2.5-3hours before he cries for more...

Hi mummy,congtrs to all may mummy.I'm also waiting for my baby to pop.baby was very active.keep kicking all the time.hehe ..

blue_turtle7, tink mayb the epi has worn out on bb bah, now she demanding milk every 2hrs. wify n i really stressed out..

Sue, i more pissed, wify oni grumble pain lor. saw 4 needle marks on her spine area.. complained in the comment sheet that was to b submitted b4 discharging from KKH. Wrote need 4 times to administer epi. Why???

sumathi, agree with your comment on KKH service.

bbf, wont bb catch a cold?? btw to store ebm, which is better n economical? bottle or bags?

I'm gg crazy! 12mn latch left side... Done 1230. With some fighting inbetween. 1230am poop change diaper. 1245 latch right side. Done 115am. Carry and coax till 130am. Zzz 30mins. Feed again at 2am! And this goes on for the entire night...

*panda eyes*

think i will need to spend a lot more $$$ on curing my panda eyes... This kinda schedule... How not to lose weight????

Blueturtle; I think everyone here is gg thru this at wee hrs,tats y ichose to feed her formula at wee hrs, Cos very tedious if we don hv enough rest in the day to tackle them. Like nw I just finishEd feeding her milk n clearing her poo but be4 this feeding was ard 2am n I give her breast feeding by the time she was satisfied was nearly 3am n nw she wake up at 4am to poo n for milk again so I know tat if I give her bf she sure wake up 1-2hrs interval so abit xiong for me. Of cos if I hv e energy I wld like to bf her cos no need to wake up n prepare milk n wash bottles. Ok gg back to slp nw. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ha! Ha! Sue thanks. I managed to hold my pee but desperate for toilet after the scan! Baby is normal size just as we suspected it was 'hiding'. Had to walk thru' the labour ward to get to the assessment unit. Such a sense of deja vu when I passed the birth room my son was born in. Brought back all the memories of my first experience of labour and birth. Not sure if now is a good time to remember all of it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/lol.gif] Oh well! I'll cross the bridge when I come to it. In the meantime I'll just play the waiting game.

Mrs Heng it's your turn soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Goodnight all!

Hi mummies,

i popped at 2.26am on 12 may. Nat w/o epi. Baby is 3.1kg. Loh, pls update for me. Thks!

Came as a surprise as that morning was just chatting with some of u that I was still waiting for bb's arrival.

Now having sore nipples already. Those who juz popped got same prob?

blue turtle,

i had the same problem last ngt... feed at 11pm finish at 12am.. went to pump left side bec he didnt feed on left side.. finish pump at 12.30.. by the time i zzZZ at 1am he cried.. he asked for 2 hr interval feeds untill 6am..

thats why restorted to FM at 6am bec really cannot tahan..

but no point.. he was wide awake by 7.30 and now am BF again.. m extremely tired.. i really felt like crying just now bec i cudnt fall asleep n m very very tired...

i am planning to use FM at night. as supplement. My gynae and PD told me its really find... and just to latch on in the morning. I think mummies need more rest after all the whole process of being preggy and delivery.

My gal is 1week old and yday my PD told me to give her 45ml every 3hrly... and to increase 10ml every week.

Ar, chubby tiger, yah... Mil also told me a lot of ppl gave up on bf cos of the night feeds. I shall try to hang on even though i feel myself running low on patience... Esp when now the physical tiredness is kicking in...

bx, sore nipples i also had for the first few days when need bb to suckle when there's no supply. I got cracks too. Was a lot better after supply comes.

Chubby Tiger.. u ain't the only one... last night i was too tired to latch her on so i express and let the CL bottle feed her... she is feeding at 80ml each feed... but then first pump i only pumped out 60ml... second was 50ml and 3rd was 70ml...lucky i got extra in the freezer from those day pump after latch of pathetic 10-20ml to make up the difference.. dun compare to ur gfs who are like cows.. too demoralising.. just concentrate on increasing ur own...the ang moh lady i met yesterday also pump 120ml EACH breast after latching on.... thats why i dun want to compare liao... give yourself more stress... now just thinking of ways to increase my own supply.. as long as ur baby healthy and putting on weight dun think so much...an hour of pumping sounds crazy though.. i pump 15-20 mins my nipples like cannot take all the tugging from the pump!

My baby sounds exactly the same like yours!! At night like to wayang and feed until 1.5 hours! yeah too tiring i agree.. i think its not that we not enough breast milk... more like baby also sucks damn slow and sleepy....

Blue turtle.. yeah.. lack of sleep.. breastfeeding.... much more effective than any dieting plan! 2 weeks i lost 6kg liao!

AR.. MILs will always find some reason to get mad.. cos they like to be in control... my MIL also angry at me cos i dun let her carry the baby or disturb the baby if asleep..cos i know if she wakes up the baby become latched on to me for gawd knows how long until she goes to sleep gain.... not my fault if MIL out the whole day then come back baby sleeping... u know that night.. baby asleep already... she switched on the BRIGHT WHITE ROOM LIGHT... to take a look at baby... sigh.. obviously princess awoke and i had no peace after that..i take it as we ain't the 'real' daughter so treatment also a bit different... got to understand that...though.. erm.. i think overfeeding sounds a lot better than the usual phrase "baby hungry already baby hungry already u got feed enough or not"..

Edie> Congrats!!!!!!!

LucasMummy> Not taking yet. Got to wait for my period to resume to start taking. Mine is Yasmin.

Sue> I did think of getting more massage but want to change to another ML lei. Any other ML recommendation?

KTSC> I have bought folic acid to standby liao but I dont know what I am waiting for to start taking them. Hahahahaha!

Lilstar: i lost like 6kg 1 day after i was discharged, that's like 4 days after delivery... Not sure if it's the massage or lack of sleep. But can definitely see my tummy go down 50% adfter 1st wrapping session... After 3 massages, abt a week from delivery, lost almost all 10kg of my preg weight. Now 10 days from delivery, going into negative weight zone... I think e no sleep and mooing played a big part...

Chloie, u wanna try my ML? It's more ex than auntie jumie, $75 per session. PM me if u r interested. She does normal massages, post natal and slimming massages as well.

hi mummies,

where did u feel the contraction? on the all tummy or just on the lower abdominal?

My gf said she felt @ her lower back

Hi Mummies,

After reading all your stories about MILs and breastfeeding, I think I'm having a easy time...

No MIL to nag at me cos' FIL has gone through a major operation recently, thus had to recuperate at home and MIL had to look after him. Since I came home from the hospital, she came and visited me once and commented about me wearing boxers walking around in the house... And she nagged at my poor DH for a few days about that.. saying that I should be wearing socks and long pants... My poor DH told me to put an act the next time she visits.. haha.. cos' he knows that there is no way that I will do that.. the weather is a killer as it is!

As for breastfeeding, I've still got the confinement lady with me, so she looks after kiddo at night.. I try to latch or express during the day (sometimes, kiddo's feeding time does not coincide and she takes very long for one feed)... At night, I told the confinement lady to give FM so that kiddo can sleep longer.. but I still wake up every 3 hours to pump.. Initially, I can only get 10ml from both breasts.. and she was already drinking 55ml of FM.. just had to keep telling myself not to get to stressed and keep to the 3 hourly pumping.. Now, I'm getting about 60ml from both sides after about a week.. It's barely enough for her one feed but it's a hell of improvement (just have to keep reminding myself not to get too stressed).. as long as baby is eating and growing well (be it on BM or FM), that's good enough for me..

Kiddo has been waking up these few nights and refuses to sleep... The confinement lady has been up most of the night trying to gether to sleep.. Now I can still enjoy my beauty sleep.. I wonder how I will handle it when the confinement lady leaves..

mummies who have popped, are any of you having hair loss aft giving birth? m kinda worried abt that...wondering if i shd go & cut my hair short first.

hi mummies,

i wonder if anyone of u got low blood sugar during pregnancy... is it a source of concern? just now before lunch im feeling lightheaded, cold sweat and a little disoriented. but after having some sweets i do feel alot better. should i be getting worry?

Jthan:

our cases almost the same. Just that my mum and mil visit me more often. Now I started to pump every 2hrs again to demand for more supply... It's been stagnant at 100ml n my bb is drinking 90ml every 3 hours. Yes, let not stress overwhelm me as well, cos within me, I still envy mummies who tbf n went tru nat delivery... What a sin.

Baby_t: dropping and regrowth of hair also depending on ur nutrients intake during confinement. Remember to eat well also.... Not necessary to cut ur hair yet ba... You may want to consider when hair begins to drop after birth? Maybe u won't drop badly?

blue turtle, you weight loss happen so fast. I was wondering how the others doing with the weight loss.

For me I did not have the courage to step on the weighing scale just yet as not being able to pull up all my pants and skirts are very depressing already.

My flabby tummy shrinked but still have a long way to go.

I finished my 5 sessions of massage already and sadly, I developed heat rash from the binding. =( so sway

mush,

Did u hv a small bite/snack btw ur bfast n lunch?

Your sugar level has dropped due to ur stomach is emptied.

Have to snack thru the day, don't just eat during ur bfast/lunch n dinner.

That works 4 u. U may want to try it out.

*mush*: i don't have low blood sugar, but i do feel alil lightheaded sometimes, so i always have sweets in my bag whenever m out. it does help me feel better. but u might wana check with yr gynae ( take a blood test ), if ur actually low on iron, that cld be the reason why ur feeling lightheaded.

Lucasmummy: thanks for the advice, guess m alil paranoid. will moniter the situation then ( gg to be induced nx wed! ) but i know i def nd a haircut bef BB's full mth celebration, right nw its long & dry & messy....

blue turtle: wow! 6kg after 4days is fast!!! my weight gain is 6.5kg, i'll def be over the moon if m able to lose all of that aft discharge. how many days of massage did u take? i signed up for 8days.

helo all!

congrats to mums who just popped too!

feel so alienated after not coming in for some days! hahahahaa!

just had my stitches off today.. drove to gynae.. and gynae was @@ big big at me! hahahhaa!

and i lost 10 kg.. kekeke.. am happy! even lower den my #2 pre-preg wt.. wanna go back to my #1 pre-preg wt!!

see u all talking abt breast feeding now.. i guess in another 4 months.. we will all be talking abt puree .. hahahaha!

Is our baby shower stil on ?? am so excited to meet all of u~!!

mush: yea.. rest more and drink some milo/ horlicks...

jerbunny: same. got heat rash from binding that protects the wound. everytime i removed to clean myself... the tummy area looks so "tai ko"... heat reash, stretch marks, pigmentation... :~(

I cant wait to start the massage but so afraid the stitches will tear... i have another 10kg to work on.. only lost 8kg so far...

baby_t: u gained so little... wow... all the best to u next wed!

Helo all,

congrats to mums who has popped.

Recently busy with my baby girl... bf her when she is in deep sleep.... is a challenge task for me... but after a week, she will cry for milk...

Now i am worried that she has not been popped for a few days already.... does any mummy encounter this for baby who bf? any advise? I tried to apply ru yi oil and massage for her, but still did not pop... but she did wet a few times a day... help help...

hey nanabear! been awhile since we chatted! how are u?? yr #2 is so cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] was it painful to remove the stitches?

loh,

no, bb will be fine. Skin to skin contact during latch on will keep bb warm. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bottle can take out n warm immy to feed bb but take up more space in the freezer. Bags are good for saving space.

Can try using botles first and later when the milk stash builds up, you may not have enuff bottles, switch to bags to save on space in the freezer.

edie,

yup...mine was extremely "sway" but luckily it was short.

AR,

We just concentrate on our mooing business.

Sometimes it's not easy playing the middle man, I will do the same thing, explain to hb and if he agrees I'll just leave hb to handle his mum.

Let them work it out.

Lucasmummy, chubby,

I have the same views with lilstarz,

all that matters is that our own supply is providing enough for our own bb.

There will always be some super cow giving us unnecessary pressure...producing lots and lots of milk, then they stash hundreds of packets of milk and then what...

Does bb need so much? Can bb finish all the milk? No, it still gets wasted.

Anyhow, the milk content will change with bb's age no point keeping too much.

Re: waking up 4 night feeds

I think we need to manage expectations here.

TBF latch on bbs will keep waking for feeds for as long as 6 mths.

My #1 didn't stop the night feeds until abt 8 mths.

Even then occasionally they would need a feed until u wean them totally from latching.

jthan,

ur crunch time will prollie be when your CL leaves.

Your best bet is to try to rest well now so that you will b able to handle what is to come.

mush,

yes, it happened to me too. Keep some biscuits nearby for the hunger pangs it's better than sweets.

blueturtle,

your weight loss is really fast! Is it more of the massage or the bfing that helped? I'm hoping to see some good results from my massage too.

Blue turtle... wah... the pride i felt from losing the 6kg has somehow lost its lustre after seeing ur weight lost! Maybe u should eat a bit more from letting it go to negative zone... cos breastfeeding sure takes up lots of calories! Anyway i got 5kg more to go.. a bit scared to start the massage cos of the c-sec wound.. i just removed the bandage today got so many bruises around the cut.. like macham kena abused... think will wait a while more before stating massage though i am dying to!!

JThan.. i also worrying when my confinement lady go back dunno how... cos at least now got her to help.. sometimes i see baby cry i have no idea why she can handle the situation better i still feel helpless at times after 2 weeks! Hopefully will get the hang of things before she is gone... My hubby's work very stressful... so he needs his sleep at night.. sigh.. dunno how to make it thru the next few months... really can grow crazy with the lack of sleep and 1 hour plus latching on....

er is it true it will get better when baby is 3 months? or are other mummies just trying to make me feel better.... sigh...

Dear all... I hv delivered tis morn!! N today is exactly the date I met myhubby 10yrs ago!

Loh - pls help me update when u r free

ADD - 13 may

Wt - 2.77kgs, 50cm

Gender - gal

natural with epi

tks

My bb hiccups very often, though it's common. He hiccups before his feeding sometimes, and sometimes after... And each time it takes more than 5min to stop. Even my CL thinks his hiccups is a lil too often and long. Anyone baby has the same situation as mine?

lilstarz29:

dont stress dont stress.... same.. my CL handles bb better... but dun feel so stress yet... Learn as much as we could from them.. Relax and focus on now... we will stress about the later... then can be discussed again here, or probably there's no need even for discussion. =)

checked with gynae and PD.. fenugreek can be taken anytime after birth... its only a supplement.

I am asked by my gynea to continue with my fish oil (DHA) which is nutritious to bb (via bm)

i am also given some calcium pills...

Will prbably start fenugreek on weekend... now busy pumping every 3hourly... still at 60ml ... sometimes when i am on a less stressed mood, i can manage 100ml...

Jerbunny: I lost the weight... but hor, pre preg clothes, the jeans and pants and stuff, still cannot wear leh. think the hip bone expanded or something. ARGGGG... ok lar... now still need to work on the flabbiness. quite scary. haha...

baby_t: i did a 7 day massage, total 6 wraps. going to do the last session now lor. think most of my weight is cos of water retention. cos i never put on weight at early part of pregnancy.

Lucasmummy... my baby hiccups too... sometimes in the midst of a scream will start hiccuping!! haha... my CL just pat her back like trying to burp and it goes away....

Mrs Heng, Congrats!!

One day after your birthday somemore..

Your hubby has no excuses for forgetting both birthdays!!

Rest well and looking forward to your little girl's pictures... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrsheng,

Congrats!!!! Triple happiness for the month of May! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sharon: my bb ger didn't really poop for the 1st 5 days or so. we brought her to see PD. PD said bb is not drinking enough milk. So i started waking her up every 3 hours to feed instead of waiting for her. After about 1 or 2 days, can feel supply increasing and bb gave her 1st poop the yellow kind. Thank god.

Mrs Teo: I was also asked by my gynae to continue with fish oil and calcium. So I think it's normal.

LucasMummy: My ger also get hiccups like almost after every feed. very violent and loud ones. can see and hear kind. I did some research online and they said it's normal. She can even develop hiccups in the middle of the feed. But she will still happily suckle away.

Loh,

hahaha, the way you describe babies is so funny!!

You are going to be a great daddy!

Luckily my hubby love kids, I dont know if I can handle one.. cos I was a difficult child myself.

Anyway I always tell myself and hubby, babies are cute to make up for all the shit and crying they give us...

That's my consolation! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

any mummies can teach how to go abt washing/storing/sterilising bottles and breastpump etc?

other then latching on, sometimes might wanna pump out into bottle for hb to bottlefeed rite.. then after feeding need to wash the bottle w bb detergent then sterilise? even if its only one bottle or can we accumulate then sterilise tog? meantime store where? then for pump do we sterilise after every feed? after sterilising store where to keep it clean for the next pump?

anyone can share their method on this?

hi mummy,

i back on the thread..after 7days of birth. Saw my name already updated, thanks to AR for informing the mothers here.

Feeling so sad for first 5days when no milk for my baby. Though now have milk but is still not enough. Baby still need bottlefeed.

Also experience breast engorgement. It is so painful till have to go back to Mt A to seek help early morning.

The nurse massaged for me till i scream and cry for help... That was when my breast still produce no milk. But luckily the massaging from day to night has not gone to waste... "milk came out during the night feed".

As for my delivery, I was induced. Like to share on my experience.

5th May

10am -tablet put in

5pm- contraction 6-8min lapse. midwife check 1cm dilation(put on laughing gas but still scream like mad*useless for me*)

6th May

7.30am - eat breakfast and clear bowel

8.30am -Doctor check still 1cm dilation and bust waterbag (put on laughing gas but still scream)

then doctor recommend me to put epidural.

9.30am - put dip and epidural

1.30pm - feel something pushing below so call midwife . dilation 8-9cm

4.00pm - Dilation 9-10cm. midwife ask me to push. When see the head then will call doctor in. Push 3times head seen

4.30pm - doctor come in. push 2times baby is out. then doctor stitches. I still can smile at the doctor

* the whole event on 6th May, NO PAIN IS EXPERIENCE BECAUSE OF EPIDURAL *

hey anlin!! LTNS!

lucky u took epidural.. bec crowning is mother of all pain.. and for u 1cm alr pain..labour cud hv been impossible w/o epi.. lucky u took it and didnt risk the bb..

since milk flowing alr all the best!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nanabear..

the gathering was planned by luckyone.. but dunno wat happened to her.. she suppose to induce n the 10th... maybe she busy with bb..

Back