(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Just weighed Eva today. Up 1kg from 2weeks to a hefty 4kg already! She's getting close to a small bag of rice.

We started her off on the hammock today. She looked pretty curious, probably wondering why we were carrying her less often today...

cloudys, are you a SAHM or working mummy? if u r a working mummy, i wld advise to intro bottle in the day so as to kind of stimulate the scenerio when u go back to work.

Jules, am working mum, dats y also concerned dat she might reject bottle if intro too late. Hmmm, thanks for advice abt giving her in day.. Maybe next week onwards, since tmr having her full mth celebration. Dun wan further new change besides alle stimulation. And also thot when hb goes back to work, he can still continue giving her a bottle when he comes back for dinner late at night.. But ya, sooner or later also need change to day feed to let her get used to it..

Hb bottlefed her ebm just now. Heard dat initially she didn't want to suck, but slowly n surely finished it amidst her sleep. Not sure tho whether enuff for her. LC fr parentcraft advised 60ml for her est wgt n ave 3hourly feeds. Gave her 70ml but apparently she still stuck out her tongue after dat. Will now need to wait till 12+ feed to c if she'll still take my breast.

Today 1st ever full pump only 80ml. Really envy all u mums wif flowing ss.. Will c if 80ml can satisfy her better tmr night..

ryne, no problem, Salacyn was prescribed by my son's PD. I also find it much better than Iliadin!

cefindre, wow shopping with bb in sling??! I salute you...So now, you look very chio with your new hairstyle liao? :p You are right, consultation fee not included yet and gota see which PD, pay according to their rank. Wow...so fast ask you to try again. I don't dare anymore, immediately take yasmin the moment my confinement ends. I don't mind motherhood but don't like being pregnant!

cloudys, pls don't stress yourself over BM. It will affect the supply...listen to some music, read magazines, make yourself comfy while pumping. Don't keep checking to see how much BM you've expressed. If have, just give. Not enough then just supplement with FM then try again the next round [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi carol and jules, was reading thru past archives and some mother's tea was mentioned being very effective to up milk supply. is it this type?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3744797.html?1270741436

now i only pump about 4 times a day, 5 at most. each time about 210-240ml.. and latching during night feeds.. too tired to pump and too tired to go warm milk in the middle of the night.. sometimes my gal will be good, giving me 3 hours interval of sleeping time.. sometimes she wrecks havoc.. sigh.. fuss and fuss and fuss.. dun wan pacifier, shake sarong also no use.. the minute we stop she wails. only wants to latch.. last night latch her in sleeping position until 3+, 4am.. din dare to move her back onto her sleeping area (my bay window) in case she wakes and starts crying again.. fell asleep several times myself too..then woke at 6ish, 8ish, 9ish.. then i finally couldnt take it and went to feed her ebm cuz latching wasnt giving her enough when she keeps falling asleep and only latches for a while and waking up soon after.. was zombiefied whole of today with bad headache.. sigh.. desperately need some "ME" time..

miracle

you can try mother's milk tea too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] they are selling it in the bulk purchase corner now...

cefindre

good for you! - shopping whole day with bb.... i wish bb n i can do it now... my bb will fuss for milk the moment she wakes up but she can still sleep very well with loud noises right beside her... Everytime she crys for milk, we got to quickly look for place to sit to feed her.... can be tough when mall is packed...

hi mummies...

I am feeling soo much better these 2 days.. MIL came down to my place at 10plus pm and help me take over 3 feeds... And least i could sleep from 9pm-1am, pump, 1.30am to 5am... Feel soo much more recharge. And my mum will take over the afternoon shift from like 1pm to 7pm...

Enzo still feeding every 2-3 hrly.. 5 weeks old already still not dropping any feeds...

Amazingly.. i did a calculation of my 24 hrs pumping records.. apparently i have like 810ml a day (over 6 pumps sessions) which is enough to cover Enzo daily intake! But still he is not on TBF..

I have started to store 2 X 180ml of EBM in the freezer, my qn is when shld i use them?? When i return to work? Or when supply is low?

Hi babyl,

Omg! U have to take noted of that medicine so next time will not take that again. U must take care. Dun be upset. Soon everything will be fine and good. Take care and think postive then all the postive will come to u =]

hehe! I think my ah Lao going mad le but I intend to test out that shy activty maybe after my gyne checkup cause I am also scared=]

hi Jules,

thanks for answering my shy shy question =] oic, I am bf maybe that y I feel dry =] quite true so busy with the kids tough to proceed the activity. U must be very busy in coping all your kids.

Mummies!! Morning! Help, need advice!

Afternoon Scenario

Yesterday, the whole of the afternoon from 11am-6pm, bb's feed was less than 15minutes each,or sometimes 5 min! and he could sleep for 3-3.5 hours! Even when we disturb him, or make plenty of noises, he was still asleep!! It was his full mth celebn yest, and he was sleeping all the way!

Evening Scenario

Come ard 8pm, he decided to feed for 30min, which I thot was good! Thereafter, his eyes was opened big for an hour, and he slept till 1130pm to feed. I fed him 100ML EBM,latch him for 10 minutes. He was wide awake and could not fall asleep till 1-1.5 hours later. Then he woke up at 130am to feed again. i latch him on for 10 minutes, put him to slp, and he woke up at 315am to feed again. So this time was 20 minutes. Still, he was wide awake and making noises. Only fell asleep 1 hr later. At 530am, woke up again to fuss, wanting to feed. So I give him 125ML EBM and put him down. He fussess, so i gave him his pacifier, he suckled hard and fast and then attempted to cry, like have no milk. I waited for a while, till 630am then I latch him on for 5-10 min, he was happily latching on. And now at 7am, still don't wanna slp, flapping hands and kicking legs, making funny noises.. donno what he wants! Carry, he will fuss like he is hungry. Now he is sucking on his pacifier, but like not so happy with it. Sighz!

Man, I am so tired after his celebration. and didnt get much rest.

This is ongoing for 2 days and nights already! Same kind of scenario. Day time, sleep and feed little. Nights, awake and feed so many times!!

I don't, know if am doing the right thing by feeding on demand at night. Why is he suddenly like that?

Any mummies can share?

Hi noscon,

u are good=] bringing bb out alone?u are still latching?

Hi babyl,

thanks for the respond on the shy shy question=]

wf - my gal also slp 4-4.5hr during daytime. come evening from 7-ish onwards, fusses for 3+hrs and still wan more milk! We had to feed her 50% more of her usual feed intake.

Hi Elise,

that good to hear =] are have enough rest=] will this last for now till u are ready to work? If yes, quite a good plan =]

Hi wf,

my gal was like that when she was at week 3-4 also. At week 3, was the worse almost every 1.5-2 hr want milk. Week 4 was all the fuss. I got give my gal jin feng shan to calm her fuss and work for me. Just use abit of the jing feng Shan to rub across her mouth =] hope this will help u

WF, might be a growth spurt... How abt try to burp him again? My boy last feed at 6am and from 7plus keep making soo much noise.. eh eh eh.. i just pick him up 10 mins ago and burp and he burp and puke.. I think he felt soo much better and went back to sleep now..

skysilver, i think i will ask MIL and mum to come till my boy feeding time drag on to 4-4.5 hrs..

Wish, i soo envy u! Yr gal soo fast feed on 4-4.5hrs...

Regarding the act, when can we do it for vaginal birth? Must wait till gynae give the go - ahead?

wf,

is it becoz elliot is sleeping too much in day time? Sometimes when emma oversleeps in the day, she also gets bright awake at night. It could be one reason, maybe try to keep elliot awake just alittle bit more during day? Not stimulate him, but just let him tummy crawl or quietly sit in rocking chair during daytime?

Jules,

u should go and do ur hair b4 bb birthday nxt week! It really recharges after that, makes u feel much better abt urself thereafter... gogo! Ask hubby to take over for a few hrs and u just go! Must maintain chio-ness always! Mother power! Fyi, I splurged abit on some v nice nursing tops at mothers en vogue. It is really v nice but exp. But I don't care already, pretty is more impt than life. Plus, this is only my number 1, I can re-use them for number 2 and number 3 nxt time. In case u are thinking of buying very fashionable wearable nursing wear, u can consider going there, it's at centrepoint, but expensive. But, I will definitely be able to wear the things I bought even if I stop nursing, they're v nice! Can wear for ordinary day to day/office wear.

BW,

hehe...coz latch, easy to bring bb out, good that she sleeps well outside too. If only she sleeps as well as she does at home than outside.

Hi mummies who have ordered the flashcards, jingle balls and ABC Cloth book etc...

I am consolidating the orders. will be placing order today!

hi lingling22

my no 1, i shaved his hair on his first mth and make it into a brush. as for my no 2, i intend to shave off his hair on his 4th mth. but i did cut off a bit of his hair and put it in the angbao like what ladyk did.

it's better to shave off the hair once, that's wat the elders will say. i also dont know the reason.

but even if dont shave, they will drop hair too...probably in the 4th month onwards...so i feel better to shave off eventually.

hi anymore mummies interested in the orangic milk tea,

i have mummies on hand who are keen, shortage of abt 4 boxes to place the next order. anyone interested, kindly pm me. thanks.

Hi Elise,

that good! You got extra help=)

hi mummies,

can someone tell me my gal sometime can drink water and last for 5 hr but sometime only 2.5hr dunno what happen?I this is normal?

wat e difference between organic milk tea n sacred tea? any mum tried both? which is better?

mummies,

my gal is now hitting week 7. This last 2 days, she is nonstop awake at home in the daytime. But if we go out together, she can sleep peacefully. Even if I carry her and sit in her nursery at home, she will wail, but if I carry her to the living room and walk around, she'll be very content but quiet alert. Oh boy, is this the start of their wakeful periods? Isn't it abit too soon? i thought they only start getting more and more wakeful in mth 3 onwards?

cef: Mine sleeps better swaddled/slinged also. That pic was taken after feed while i was burping her, so her arms were free for awhile. Other than flapping arms, her kicking legs will wake her up too. But whole day swaddle her like v poor thing in straightjacket, the skin under her arms cant breathe. I have SwaddleMe and Miracle blanket, she can escape from SwaddleMe like david copperfield. Wow yr gynae said can try no 2 so fast ah...i wanted no 2 beFoRe she was born but now second thoughts liao..haha...go toilet also no time.

cef: if awake in day shd sleep longer at night = good for u? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dawn,

same! Mine die die needs to be swaddled, likewise, I try to unswaddle in daytime for short periods to let her skin breath, coz it can get too hot, and I also dun want her to stay in aircon all the time. I was contemplating to get the miracle blanket, where did u buy it from? Is it really more effective than swaddleme? Haiz, but she's already coming 7wk, they grow out of the swaddle stage in another few more weeks right?

Yar, sleep longer in night is good, but it seems her day wakes are overstimulating herself. She gets cranky in the daytime by keeping herself overly awake & I need to carry her in daytime to get her to sleep. If I rock her and put to cot in daytime, for some reason, within a v short period, she fidgets and tries to stretch even inside the swaddleme and then wakes up. I carried her to pat her to sleep, butno, she doesn't stop crying. She only stops when I walk her out to living room and she will look and observe things. ARGGH! This little inquisitive girl wants to take in too much at 7weeks!

I latched Kaitlyn last night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm so glad I could do so and she still maintain waking up 2 times in the night. YIPPEE!! No more bottles for now yeah....

Congrats jon! So u can go for TBF already?

I latched a lot on my unproductive side (in the middle of the night) for the past 2-3 days, now my unproductive side become the productive side and the productive side become less productive. ~faint~

icy,

yeah, hope it's not just good for short term only. I still donno how much she is taking and I still feel insecure but she is pooing and urinating (not as much as bottle fed) which is understandable.

This morning she was only taking one side and I had to pump out the other side which happen to be my unproductive side. Now i have a few bottles of ebm in the fridge which are "expiring" soon and I have to feed my dog. That fellow benefited la kekeke...

Pray hard that her weight doesn't go down.

cef: i got it frm mothercare, 37 bucks. Theres white, yellow w green trim, and pink. Miracle blanket is a better swaddle for her coz Swaddleme really cant keep her in, and no noisy velcro. But becoz it wraps 2 times ard bb it can b a little hotter..so i put her in her diaper only when i swaddle her w that. d blanket can b used to 3 mths plus. I'd rather pay 37 for both of our peaceful sleeeeps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.miracleblanket.com/video.htm

any mommies employ maid? i m thinking to get one.. how much do i have to pay mthly?

elise

i yield close to 1000ml ebm and 2-3x latching approx. 20mins total based on 24 hours. like i said, my girl's intake is so little. she drinks less than 700ml ebm. she is on total btw. what i did was storing excess ebm in bottles/milk bags but everyday take out 1-2 bags to thaw for her consumption. that way my freezed milk will always in "up todate" texture which suit their development. our breast milk texture/nutrient changes from time to time to keep up to baby's development.

re: latching outside

finally hv enough courage to latch maeve outside last night. but it was inside the car hehe.. surprisingly i was not karang kabok and quite "shun shou". lifted up top one side, stuffed her mouth in. nada!! she sucked both side for more than 15mins! she satisfied and i happy too!

today weigh my girl again and she is at hefty 5kg! do i need to worry abt her intake despite she is gaining weight? does she sounds gaining weigh well base on 3.8kg upon birth? she is 5 weeks old.

re: mother's milk tea

been drinking it at least 3 cups per day now eversince confinement end. run out of beverages and no idea what drinks to take to keep up bm so gave it a try. dun really like the taste fr beginning but now already kinda used to it. not sure if my ss has increase though

lovinglife, i was thinking to store 100ml each day n feed him when i return to work...

Yr gal weight is fine, Enzo weighs 5.33kg during the PD visit on e 8th.

jon

congrats on latching successfully! i am also intend to latch maeve for all night feeds and save the hassel to heat up ebm, pump and washing parts! i am so happy today that i made this decision! gonna start fr tonight! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

this morning tried to put up my levis jeans. managed to pull up but still can't button yet. at least 1-1.5" to reach it.. sigh.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

elise

you can go for tbm to clear your backlog first and continue to store fresh ebm when nearer to end ML. i dun want to stress abt her intake liao. so long she pees/poos well, gaining weight, i will just let her be. been offering my son for excess bm but he rejected. sien.

lovinglife,

lie on the bed flat and breath in, sure u can buckle up!! :p I did that and it works haha but very tight la.

My girl's birthweigth is 2.89kg, upon discharge 2.63kg and now at 4 wks 3.6kg. it's a pretty decent weight gain but that was on bottle (tend to drink more) now switch to latch, scared she will lose weight.

hello mommies,

Miracle, the Mother's Tea is the one Jenny is organising.. she has some boxes left to complete order. You can try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have moved on to 4hourly pump, milk ss down. gotta start back working supply again. The next week tue i'm goin for 5 hourly and will see a decrease and would have to work up the supply again. Moving to pump, my breast and nipple pain all over again :p

it's really a form of art! need to master and decieve the Brain to produce and reduce and balance this MILK!

jon

i dun wan to disappoint myself further. i thot of using your method too but no courage hahaa.. my girl's upon discharge was 3.6kg. now 5kg, sounds alright hor?

carol

i am getting lazier since ss > demand. last night skipped pumping and this morning 7am yield 200ml. quite guilty for not waking up for pumps. do you feel full if pump 5 hourly? my breasts always soft and dun feel any fullness. only this morning feel hard nia cos it was 7 hours since last pump at 12 midnight last night!

Ok tks carol!

Jenny, pls include me. Will pm u my details later. M gonna be out for long today. Will miss my pumping sessions but baby sleeping and sleeping! How to let her latch. Aiyo..too Shiok. Being carried all the time so sleeping very well.

damn humid today!!!

mommies, do your babies sleep well in NON air con room under such weather? I got no choice but to keep her in air con room, even fan doesnt help - its all the WARM air circulating around the room!

lovinglife,

i pump every 4 hourly around the clock - used to be 3hourly. Since a day, ss this noon wen up slightly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. I dunno how 5 hourly would yield but would work towards that goal as i can't manage 3 hourly and 4 hourly period is also a bit tight as ayden drinks 2.5-3 hours now. CL leave and i'd be doing nite feeds and pump so decided on the 5hourly.

Breast doesn't feel hard if it's in routine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif], off routine and hard/full sets in. I pump 160mls and my breast are still soft today - yesterday - HARD & PAIN!

Miracle,

hope the milk tea works [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif], i drink 2 bags a day.

Dawn,

muahahahaha... AYden sleeps like that too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if i prop in on my shoulder he puts his had under and tucks in his chin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] - so smart lei!

hi mar MTBs

i am from the jun MTB thread. sorry to interrupt.

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around and drop by for great deals, esp if you live in the yishun area!

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

for more info, pls feel free to contact clara at [email protected]. =)

tks for reading.

hey since we touched on the shy shy question... what kind of birth control will you mommies be usin huh?

Anyone using the contraceptive patch?

I'm thinking of using that, coz i quite absent minded to take pills and we're not very good with cond0ms. hee hee.

sky,

my ah lao also kee siao; i merely slept in my bra coz i so tired after pumping then he said i trying to seduce him wor! FAINT. hahaha but i told him i only visiting gynae for pap smear end May so i dont think he wanna do the act before it. hehehehe

ladyk, very good qn.. i also dunno.. i know when is my O date usually.. so maybe avoid lo..

BTW, i did the act just now! Super gan chiong.. But manage to do it without any pain cos i use preseed. But somehow it doesnt feel the same.

carol: it's so cute right! like old man. ahahha.. that's how her grandad sleeps, mouth wide open to catch flies. Now she has a double chin, look different. im glad i took that shot coz will never get to see her looking like that again. They grow so fast.

lady: huh why before go do pap smear cannot have horizontal exercise?

elise: *shy* Since now no more baby bump in the way, the feeling so much better.. i likeee.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Think everything recovered liao. 2 weeks ago still abit stinging.

elise,

i hired indonesian...salary 350, levy 170...total 520 per mth...then inc lodging n food lor..

i must say my maid is of great help...choose one that has prior baby experience

Back