(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

ladyk

yeah I often see bb having poor skin in the past cos their skin more sensitive. If my nipples happened to touch bb face while latching, it will also leave a red mark and her face will be full of red patches...very poor thing...now I learned my lesson and wiped her face after every feed...

my girl also very scared of heat(like daddy's skin), will turn red when rm temperature is too hot for her even with fan....

its good u got enough bm ss, that's what most impt for ur bb... Ganbatte together! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

skysilver, yday i tried close to 8 hrs nvr pump but only yield 160ml.. even though i feel full.

Okay i m starting to store ebm cos one day bb only feed 6 times n i have been going out so didnt give ebm... now i got 10 bottles 90ml inside e fridge.. shall store this session n e one before incase it goes bad.

Hi noscon,

ya lor =] long time no chat here=]

is quite true that stay at home got lot of other things to do=] for me, I am opposite of you. If I work, I dun think got time to come here le.

That good! You only left a bit of tummy =] must be hardworking on the cloth binding=] will check with my gyne on Monday on my wound recovering as I am having my 6 week check after birth. She not bad dun want u to waste money=]

sky

I'm suppose to go see doc next week too.... My stitches was also swollen but then 1wk later it got well so I think your wound will heal soon too.... Please take care of yourself. Know that it is not easy for u too.....

elise

160ml is very good liao! Good to know ur ss is enough for the bb.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hows ur 1st month celeb?

Hi Elise,

oic, but do u feel pain for dragging so long? I am trying to drag and hope ss will go down a bit the use the cabbage to bring it totally down.

I think can mixed ebm as long as they are not touch by bb saliva.

Hi Noscon,

oic, so your fully heal? That good! Hope mine will heal faster then can massage=]

Mummies,

I finished my mooing le. Need to catch some sleep talk to u all later=]

Morning ladies, I have the following item to let go

1) Desitin Original (purple)- Bought extra @$12, to let go @$10 (include postage), expiry 01/11.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Hi skysilver, how do u tell your csection wound is not fully heal?i'm quite worry abt my csection wound cos these few days keep having some kind of tightening pain ard the incision area and some bruising pain in the abdomen.

Morning mummies,

never come in for one day so many post already.

Re: BM

think we shouldn't be too hard up on ourselves if we really dun ve enuf cos if we tried our best then let God do the rest lor, but then again. I do envy those that can "moo" so much.

My one day yield max is only abt 700ml for a 8 pump session a day. Everything also tried, drink more soup, eat fish, oatmeal, fenugreek, drink more water, massage, pump, watever pple say is useful, all I do.

But then squeeze till boobs dry, per pump max also abt 120ml, rest hover at abt 80 only. But hor, it will leak also. but when pump, nothing out.....

Sigh, wat to do, resign to fate lor, just feed wat I ve. Not enuf then Fm lor. Anyway, my little "cat" ( son) prefer fm more than bm....

Re: gynae visit

my gynae also give me 6 week appt after birth, for post natal check up think wif pap smear too. He say unless got problem then go back early.

Re: mixing of ebm

two batch of ebm can be mixed together and store if they r of same temp. ie cool the fresh ebm down and then store it with the chilled ebm but the time must follow 1st batch one.

But I didn't do that cos troublesome transfer here and there so my mum fridge got many bottles of ebm but of little qty. Some like 40 or 50 ml in one bottle, so she nagging me that I hoard her space... Think ve to mixed cos I running out of bottles soon also. I only got 30 bottles and already ve abt 20 in storage so running out of it soon. Must see who else giving away bottles.

Any mummies got spares to let go???

Ps: my cat fussed the whole day, ehhh here ehh there, some more poo till the bedsheet and pee on himself. After change, pee on the bedsheet again. Lucky got put protector if not mattress gone...

Jon,

Congrats! Ur SS went up!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yar, latching really does up ss. I am quite certain of this, becoz so far I latch bb direct all the way, thru her growth spurts and all, I never pump to up ss, and amazingly, I have suspected all the while that bbs have natural suckling abilities that far exceed the pump. As in, i think they can drain our breasts far more efficiently than the pump can ever drain, as in even if there is a lump or clogged duct, I think bb can suck until the lump comes out as milk, whereas the pump cannot. When she went thru her first growth spurt, last time, I pumped for few seconds just to see if got milk, coz I was worried she not getting enough milk, coz she kept latching to me all day, so i thought must be no milk so she is very hungry, and true enough, there is no milk when I pump. But u know what? She just doesn't give up, she will keep latching whether or not there is milk and yet when she latch, I can see later there is milk stain on her mouth, meaning bb suck and suck until milk comes in. Somemore she put on so much weight, since then right, I don't worry about whether enough milk or not anymore. Every growth spurt, I don't worry abt that, I just let her suckle whenever and if she wants many times a day during growth spurt, coz ss will come in more and more as she suckles. So u dun go and worry too much, i think ur ss will just come in and go up, just keep latching the bb when she wants, but if u want to control how much she is drinking, then of coz ebm is still the way to go coz that gives u more control. But latching has it's pros, I really find that latching alone I don't have engorgement problems anymore. & I read somewhere that after a while,usually from wk 6 onwards, if doing direct latching, baby demand and breast supply matches and breasts will just settle into very comfy state, as in, it doesn't feel uncomfortable even when it's full. I think now my breasts did adjust already, coz I find these days, I don't have wierd letdowns, and no lumps and engorgement, so really body has adjusted to bb's demand.

btw, today is ur sheraton right? Enjoy urself!

Sky,

1st time will be slightly uncomfortable if you had stiches, not too worry as it still has elascity ;) pain a few times k.

Poo in bath,

I normally have a bath tub n a pail which incase of emergency I can slightly lift baby up from the tub and use a pail of clean water to rinse baby. Normally after I finish baby's bath I will rinse off with water - that's why I have a pail on stndby. Hope it helps ;)

noscon, thats after 8 hrs of no pumping then got 160ml... One day my yield is also abt 700ml.. but i do 6 pumps only...

Baby shower was fine but very tired!

Been bringing bb out almost daily... so glad to revert to normal life..

Hi cheese,

I know that was not fully recover cause the massage lady told me de plus I also got some feeling very pain if I carry heavy things. If u are worry, dun start massage 1st, if you want massage get some professional like madam Ida cause they will know better. What she told me is to touch the c-sec area got any harden area, if yes then mean still swollen and not fully recover le.

Hi carol,

Oic, thank for answering my shy shy question, I c-sect, no stiches. Maybe I still no ready yet=] ok, must pain a few times=[

Thanks, if that the case, I must standby in case my gal give me mustard water. Thanks!

Thanks carol for answering my question=]

Lady, Jon

Happy One Month to Selene and Katilyn! Enjoy this joyous celebration!

Ladyk,

During the day, my bb will develop red rash, like pimples and his face is super red. I think he is also afraid of heat! At night, when he is in the aircon his face is super nice, and smooth.

Today first month, hopefully later his rashes DO NOT appear. Ha ha..

Cef

Yesterday, bb had weak suckles and feed only 10-15 min during the day, even in e evening. He wakes up 2-3 hourly. And cos' of that am starting to wonder if he is emptying my boobs. Donno if he really did feed, so I went ahead to pump. However, after latching my pump yield only 20-30ML, very pathetic. I thot my ss went down, so I keep pumping every 2 hourly. Then at 11pm, 3pm I gave him EBM cos' I keep thinking dono' if he had enuff and I dono why he will de-latch after 5-10 min, last few weeks not like that. After he de-latch, usually take quite long to get him back again, cos he will be half asleep and purse him lips! So I don't want to risk hourly waking up at AM. I hope this pattern of his doesn't carry on for long. Not healthy! Heh..

skysilver, yeah my wound still very hard bt not swollen. you carry heavy things? i dare not carry heavy stuff becos my mil told me the outer layer wound might look ok bt the inner wound still recovering and might take up to 6mths or more to completely recovered.my tummy still very bulging, really hope can exercise soon to get rids of the big tummy.

Regarding your shy shy question, i do hv slight pain bt nw ok, just only have to be careful n ask your hubby not to press on your wound during the shy shy activity keke..

Hi cheese,

oic! I carry heavy thing like baby =] and baby bathing water n vaccum cleaner water=] I will try to be careful.

Thank for answering my shy question=] I did try to procced the shy activity but pain pain so was not able to continue. I thought I might be something wrong. That y was asking =] thank carol and cheese for clearing my doubt =] hope that other mummies might benefit from this too =]

Hi cheese,

I think u can check with gyne if u can start light excerise btw u got do massage? Cause know that massage can help to reduce the tummy =] hard hard area the tummy mean swollen that is what I am told=]

your lochia finished?

cefindre: i'm latching like u and i totally agree that our bodies will adjust accordingly to provide for bb, just relax and be confident in its abilities. Let nature do what it has been doing all the while [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wat a busy sat morning!! hb went work and i am alone with one terrible 2 yrs old toddle plus a baby. rushing between bedroom and living room to pacify both to sleep. attention is more given to my #1 because he has feeling. this was tough but i survived and managed to log in here for a while [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats bb full month for selene & kaitlyn! can officially go gaigai fr now on! yeah!

re: bm

my girl is on milk strike now and her intake per day merely hit 700ml. it is hovering ard 600-650ml. i very pek chek to see her drink so little. my 1.5 dozens milk bottles also not enuf to store milk. been freezing excess ebm few bottles/bags a day now, sigh. how to up her intake huh??

Hi hi! Mummies who recommended Salacyn 0.9% for nose drops, does it come in white box w 4 blue circles? Box says Sodium Chloride 0.9%, Eye Drops, Sterile?

Is it one drop per nostril? Any limit to how many per day?

Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Heheh..duno where she learn to sleep like that.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3838948.jpg]

cefindre, all along, i thought 6-in-1 is only one jab leh! If it's really 3 jabs, then the $82 should be per jab only. Because when i called and asked, the lady emphasized on Per Jab. Hmmm...Omg, $142x3??! Then i better check my Medisave got enough to deduct or not as 3.5K already deducted for my delivery and $500 for my son. I can always call and check...my appointment at PCC is 27 April. If per jab is $82, meaning the 6-in-1 is actually $246 excluding the service charge if $7.28 and GST wor.

whitefreckles, my bb also..once hungry will wail like kenna murdered. Wat i do is if i roughly know he will scream at 3pm, i very kiasu, 2.15pm will start the massage already. If he is sleeping, i try to do it slower and hope he wont wake up lor...lol!

re:FM

I don't follow the instructions on the number of feeds or the amount to give based on bb's age. When my boy was borned, he started with 30ml at KKH so i give 30ml BM also. I realised he started crying for more so started adding FM slowly...i increase 5ml each time. If i increase 5ml, he finished his feed and never cry for more, i continue with that amount. Unless he cries for more, i don't increase. But this method is taught by my mum lar. My mum also agar agar one.

noscon, my ID is from Idealhouse. If you wish to see before & after pictures of my current flat, PM me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

winnie, i agree [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I've never blamed myself not giving bb BM longer. I guess i could if i want to but i will need someone to help me cook, clean and wash. I one person cannot do so many things ah.

ryne, that's the correct Salacyn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] No limit, use when necessary...I use max 3 times a day, now not using so often liao, only when i see mucus or when my bb is snorting.

Carol, thanks! Will just stick to our current amt at 120ml then.

Sky, I went to see my family GP today....had rashes caused by the strong antibiotics given by Healthway doc. How come I have neverending probs since confinement??? Very upset leh.. My bleeding now stop, guess its the lochia that suddenly came back ba..

Btw, I intend to try out the first "bed activity" after I see gynae next month. Still not ready and scared will be painful..

LadyK, wow! Think ur gal really growth spurt and good drinker leh...my gal only took 100ml max before her first month. Hehehe...

Noscon, u know how to bind urself with the cloth? Mariam, Mdm Ida's sis, taught me at my last session and I only attempted to try out myself a few days ago and I forgot! Now I dunno what to do to the cloth. I still have small tummy to shrink....

elise, your baby only taking 6 feeds per day? That's nice! I envious! I can't wait for my baby to drop her midnight feed, the one hovering between 2.30 to 4.30am! Then I can consider that my baby slept all the way liao.

Today I spilled 100ml of EBM. Lucky I passed the emo state liao. Or I sure breakdown. No choice but to pump again~

torayme, no no.. 6 feeds of bm + 3 feeds of fm... i doubt i can drop any feeds lo... i cant wait for him to sleep from 12am to 5am..

Carol, i noticed that Heidi didn't scream murder each time she's hungry now that she's older. I think Ayden will progress too. So now I am calmer when it is feeding time and I am able to plan my pumping session. I wish to up my ss too but scared of engorgement and there are times when I really can't pump.

Jonjosh, the boob heal quite fast leh. By the 2nd day, I can pump again. Slowly though. Using the Avent Manual Pump. I now know why you never have the white thing pop up problem. Cos I am still using the ancient part. Got it replaced already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

elise, 9 feeds!? wooooo...how much is Enzo taking in per feed? Heidi dropped to 7 feeds per day liao. Dunno when it happened. But it did. So I am hoping she will drop the midnight feed once she increase her intake again. But that means I will be stressed to up my EBM or I will be giving it up. Getting sian. I only manage to give her 4 - 5 EBM per day. Cos nighttime I sleep. Never pump.

Aloha Mummies!!

people are over at our place now, baby is totally oblivious to the whole world. if only he cld open his eyes! He keep closing!

am feeling that i've to gear up for tonight! I guess he will be overstimulated. Fussy business upcoming!

sky, mommies who breastfeed will often fine themselves pretty dry down below. so the shy shy activity can also be painful due to the dryness. w 3 kids in tow now, no time and mood to think of it. haha...

sky, toray: thank u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jules: isit? haha wonder why. maybe they have their arms near their face in d womb?

torayme, yes 9!! nvr drop any at all.. each feed abt 90-100ml.. his daily intake hovers ard 810 - 830ml..

me too didnt pump at night.. too tired...

BW,

thks for answering my qn on Salacyn. It worked wonders! Mucus came out right after I dripped inside nostril! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies, just want to do check out how many mummies cutting ur baby hair when they are 1st month? I am still thinking to cut my baby hair bald or just cut a bit...

wah lao just back.

i damn sotong, brought pump out but nvr bring storage bottles...!!!

so went to buy 2 simple bottles and pump abit at 1030am... then left the bottles at MIL place!!!

Was super full at my mum place while shopping around West Mall, couldnt tahan and went to buy storage bottles... went to pump at 1730hrs, heng never tio lumps...

now then i'm back home, i realised i left that 2 bottles of EBM at my mum place!!!

I really absent minded lor....

need to settle down, drink more fluid, i only pump 3 times since i woke up till now - hope dont affect SS too much... need to work hard tomorrow again liao!

Side note:

Somehow i think my BM is heaty, my girl face is clearing up and not as "flushing red with pimples" back in those days she was on 100% BM.

Was telling my hubby that i might just do milk spa with all my 40 milk bags and rebuild my milk bank after i resume my "non heaty diet" after confinement...

ladyk, my aunt told me that bb birth hair is "dirty" hair so must cut bald but i dont feel like doing that becoz bb hair is very nice.....I wonder is i cut bb bald, how long will the new hair grow?

BW,

I just came home finally. Hehe... went out to KKH at 11am, and I went shopping the whole day with bb in a sling! Muahahahha, then hubby took her home and I went to PERM my hair!!! YAY! I feel so happy now.

okok, back to serious note,

re: 6-in-1 at PCC KKH

I asked the nurse, 6-in-1 is 2 jabs, so if it's $82 X 2. Then u have to include the consultations each time, so I worked it approximately $300plus if I assume PD is $70/80 (coz my Gynae at Private Clinic costs me around there for consult, I'm just guessing the consult should be therabouts)

Pneumoccocal - 3 jabs. Rotavirus - 2 jabs.

wah lau, gynae is funny. He said all is good, ask me to aim for second one. I was like omg, hahaha bb is only 6wks! He said can start trying now already for 2nd one & see me nxt yr. hahahah... I brought bb to see my gynae, like as if seeing godfather like that. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dawn,

ur bb sleeping style so cute! hahaha... haiz, aren't they all just so adorable! All grubby and always squirming and squashign their faces in funny positions! Mine can't go unswaddled yet though, unless I'm carrying her and moving around. Haiz, I hope her startle reflex goes away soon.

wf,

u got supply lah, don't worry. Last few days my gal also 3 mins, 5 mins like that but frequent feeds, and my breast always felt soft - as if no supply. But then today I'm out the whole day, only latch her like 3hrly for 10mins each time, coz she really sleeps well when she's outside. So today, her intake much lesser than usual frequency, and in the evening after I come home from perming my hair, my breast feels very full, which goes to show there is supply all the while even tho I dun feel it. Previous days, I never felt breast full feeling anymore. So my point is, even tho u think they are taking like just 3mins/5mins each time, they are feeding well when they do it many times a day. Don't worry! As long as u burp elliot, got burp and got reflux somemore, confirm there is milk.

&... after I came home, I stuffed my boob into her mouth at 8pm for 10mins, no more full feeling. There u see, our bbs have grown into very efficient sucklers compared to weeks ago, she used to have to take 20/30mins to suck out this full feeling from me! So you don't worry too much, I'm sure Elliot is suckling v fast and well.

Kind of decided to intro bottled ebm to valerie tonight, but now getting cold feet. Very afraid she'll have nipple confusion, but also don't want to intro too late lest she rejects e bottle. N also dunno how much ebm is enuff for her.. Her next feed at 9.30 n I still haven't decided..

Back