(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

jules, you are a working mum right? how do you cope?

miracle, ya, apply nipple cream after bf-ing. in fact, i started applying a few days ago to keep my nipple supple.

seren, yes working. depending on cc and ifc lor. oveall ok cos hb hands-on. v impt.

ok getting kids to sleep. chat again tmr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah I did apply nipple cream but it's still sore. Wat should I do if it's really too painful to let her latch? She latches really hard. Supplement with fm via cup feeding?

Jules,

hehehe somehow im lucky because i dont have pelvis pain like most mommies do... she is big size but i'm not like very uncomfortable with the weight yet, probably she is not exactly sitting on my pelvis yet...

Jenny,

huh? 3 days incubator is $2.2K? but thats before medisave right? Did doctor say how long does your baby need to stay in the incubator and the estimated hospital bill?

miracle, pump? ask the LC since you are still in hospital!!!

ladyk, mine's engaged but no pelvis pain too. actually at week 39, also not much pressure. vagina is only sore when i sit to pee.

It's after midnight.

Sigh.

Week 39 Day 5.

Gasp. After reading all the birth stories, I realise only 1 thing will lead to natural labour w/o inducing --> waterbag burst. The rest like engage, or dilation, or cervix softening are lousy indicators.

seren,

hmm i was also thinking if i didnt feel pelvis pain coz bb not engaged; from what you said... seems like even if bb is engaged, i might not get pelvis pain afterall!

hmm i got this sharp needle poking feeling at my vagina area, dont know what is it but no discharge, no blood - HAH, i think i keep going to toilet just to check my panties!!!

abt waterbag bursting... but is there a possibility that after the waterbag burst, the dilation is still v slow... just like being induced huh?

seren,

when is your next gynae visit huh?

Your gynae given you a date to induce already? or still TBC until next visit?

i'm seeing mine tmr, i going to ask him what's the gameplan liao; though i got a feeling he will just let me hold till 40 weeks... heh heh...

ladyk, the only noticeable difference when dylan is fully engaged is my tummy is a lot lower. i suspect the poking feeling at vagina is cervix softening. but it's only my assumption. i get so disappointed when i check my panties these days! haha. but well, waterbag burst is a definite yes i need to go hospital right? if need to be on drip to hasten delivery then it's different. i've been 1-2cm dilated for days already. read online said i can remain like that for easily a week or 2! I told BabyL today I am sooo confused. Duno what to do now. Hubs see me so xingku with PUPPP he keep saying induce.

i'll seeing my gynae at 1155hrs on tuesday. nothing alerts him that baby must be out so he's giving me the option. oh btw, i emailed you that i taking inthewomb service for placenta consumption.

wf, sleepless in singapore! i think i slept less than 5 hours over this weekend. nope, no nothing. how about yourself?

miracle, pumping in the first few days can stimulate milk flow. maybe when milk flow comes in it will be better. smear a bit of colostrum over nipple bah. maybe re-apply nipple cream every few hours? i do remb mrs wong saying first few days of latching is painful. a fact.

seren,

yup, i saw that u engaging their services.

you filled up e form liao ah? so its cash on delivery after they processed the placenta into capsules? hee hee...

u also preparing cooler bag to store placenta mah?

yah 1cm to 2cm dilated for 1st time mommies can last for days... like you said, your case is waiting for very regular contractions to kick in or waterbag bursting.

everytime i feel that my panties are a little damp, i go and check, hoping to see jelly stuffs or blood - end up disappointed only!

sighs... hubby nag me to sleep..

talk to you mommies tmr! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

seren,

can't get to sleep, think cos i napped in the aftnn. Also, went to poo. think i poo 5 times today alrd.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] then suddenly my boobs feel very sore, tender and swollen. when i touch the side, it feels like blue black pain. ouch! sob sob..

ladyk, i sent my details to them. yeh, cash when they send the capsules to me. prolly just put in a ziplock bag. no pain no nothing lor. haiz. seeing a lot of discharge means you are a step further. and i mean, a lot.

wf, my bowels very active these days too! hemorriods became a thing of the past. warm or cold compress on yr boobies perhaps? i'm gona go shower, 4th time today! pengz.

seren, so warm right? keeping the fan on even with air con! i thot of bathing too but like too late lo.. cos i will need cold water! hee..

Ya, only one side. so painful.. even when i stretch my arm, it hurts le.. and thing is,it only started 30min ago?

nvm, tmr seeing gynae in the morn. hope to get some slp.. headache alrd. sobbbbz...

wf, i did shower with cold water! havn't on the heater in 2 months or so. ask yr hubs to massage. our bodies change so much during this pregnancy. yes yes, go rest! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Need some help..

I do I differientate heat rash n nappyrash?

I saw some spots at bb bottom,thinking it's nappyrash but CL says it's heat rash.. Confused..

Tks in advance, doing my pumping now ...

wish

though i cant advise on whether its heat or nappy rash, e way to cure is to air bb bottom. but i tink at bottom shld b nappy rash.cos if its heat will appear all over body u using diaper or cloth? which brand u using?

Bebechan- if air bottom, my gal might not sleep so well.. She seems ok leh.. When tis CL leave I ask d next to follow my way.. This CL ok but certain things like 'dun pull diapers over the umbilical cord- she still go over even after some reminders, logic being it is loosely over d cord.. ??!!

if she get rash will be unable to slp well too rite?

haha so far seem like CL like to do tings their way even though u all pay them hor...

Hi wish,

heat rashes is like small spot and can be cure by keeping the area in. Cool enivroment, my suggestion will be nappy instead of using pamper. It might help in both nappy or heat rash.

Hi bebechan,

Yup! Most of the cl are quite the same, they dun encourge bf as it will affect their sleep. They are old so they think their way are more correct. As in their own family, they are grandparent themselves le. They will Yi lao Mai lao

hi bebechan,

yes that's right! ...really can faint...and per day only can claim 450 from medisave...bb no insurance to claim...

Morning mommies ;)

a whole night of SLEEPLESS in Singapore. Been up since 3am Another hour till alarm rings, think I'm gonna be OUT for the rest of the day sleepin the hot afternoon away.

Jon, you reading this - silent = sleeping in the afternoon not that I went into labour ya.

Jules, thanks for the tip on the cream. Tried it on daughter's finger. She got burn playing in the school slide - hot weather and metal slides don't go together! Hee hee, told her it's her magic cream and she happily applied ;).

Wish, diaper rash - just monitor and make sure baby's bottom is kept dry as possible. Clean and apply diaper cream with each change and maybe keep to 2 hours each diaper change. You can also leave baby without diaper during the day to air buttocks ;). Hope it helps.

Ladies-tks fir yr help.. I will convince her to air dry her bottom today.

So if she can still sleep unlikely nappy rash rite? I aLso noticed heat rash on her forehead.

She also has slight juandice too.. Hopefully more dun n can lower before tmrw's follow up @ d ployclinic.

Can't follow d 3 hrly pump at night- simply KO! Only try my best to latch in d daytime. Milk ss pls increase!!!

tiga: Can understand how you feel. For me, how I survived the initial 2 weeks for my #1 was to apply lanolin cream/nipple cream after each time I breastfed, spread a little breastmilk around the nipple and airdry. That will help with healing and ask the LC to check your latching technique. Its highly possible that Mirabelle needs to take in more of your areola into your mouth rather than just the nipple only. The nipple should be touching her upper palate. Hope this helps. If all else fails, I recommend pumping but there is nothing like a hungry baby to stimulate supply.

lady, serene,

I am also processing my placenta. But I am using mommy heaven. Hopefully it really good ba.

Sky,

Good to hear your CL getting better. Ya you are the one who pay money, if anything not happy just tell her nicely. No need to see her "face colour".

Miracle,

Hang in there. I also had v sore nipples since sunday when bb born n immediately latched. Latching was done correct also, assisted by nurses etc, but my nipple was very very sore. This continued for the entire week. I alternated to use pump for one feed a day coz it was v painful then cup feed - but I later changed to bottle feed with infant teats (latex ones), then subsequently even introduced nipple shield abt 4 days ago. Today is only monday, one week since bb born, my sore nipples are almost gone, and bb has started suckling for every feed for the last 2 days. I spoke to another mummy I met whilst in my church nursing room, she told me the sore nipples will recover v fast and soon it will be a breeze, so you hang in there. In worst case scenario, just pump and bottle feed your EBM, cup feed may be abit too little for the bb and alot of spillage. I do not recommend nipple shield, because although it is very effective, I find that after a few feeds using nipple shield, when I tried to re-latch bb direct to my nipple, she had to re-adjust again and that caused abit of frustration for her and me. Took 2 feeds to refamiliarize how to latch without a nipple shield, so I think it's really not a good idea to use nipple shield unless it's absolutely necessary and very very sore and open wound. Btw, pls monitor and make sure ur nipple is not an open ulcer wound yar? If it reaches that stage, you must stop. Slight bleeding is ok, just check that when u squeeze the nipple, the blood is coming from the surface sore and not generated from within you nipple, - blood in the milk. If blood coming from inside, u have to stop also. That's what the LC instructed me. If it's only surface skin bleeding, it's ok, apply alot of nipple lanolin cream.

Hope the above helps.

Btw, fenugreek 3 tablets 3 times a day does seem to boost supply, actually I'm not sure abt this, I just continually take it, so I dunno if it works, coz since day 1, my supply has been quite good.

Seren,

Why don't you induce? Sounds very tiring, you need to catch as much sleep as possible b4 bb pops, otherwise once bb discharge with u, the first few days will be very crazy.

Hi strawberryz,

I'm using the medela tender care lanolin, nipple therapy. I find it v good, soothing. But the first few days when getting used to bf-ing, it definitely didn't cure the pain. I think my bb suck too vigorously. But now, nipple adjusted.

no need to wash off. It's safe for bb to suckle. LC actually recommend medela purelan 100, which I have a leftover tube from sister, but when I went back to medela to repurchase a new tube, they have replaced purelan 100 with tender care lanolin - nipple therapy, I actually find this better than purelan 100.

strawberryz,

u're welcome! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Holw many weeks is ur bb now? Sorry, I'm really losing track of this thread, and cannot remember alot of the edds or which mummies have popped. Bb sleeping now?

Hi starlight,

Hope thing will be fine=]

Update of Elise,

she is still in labour have dilate 4cm and hope she will give birth soon.

heheh cef... bb still 38 wks 3 days inside tumtum nw =) it's ok, i oso gotta keep referring to the table to see updates heeh.

u settled bb into routine oredi?

morning mummies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today's a slightly cooler day than the past few days, hope to see some rain so it won't be so humid.

Back