(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

My estovan has blocked nose again. Bringing him to see PD later. He didn't manage to sleep properly, very cranky. We have to carry him upright so that he feels better. So heartpain to see his nose so blocked and crying.

I've run of space to store my BM in the freezer as my freezer has limited space cos needs to store food as well. Does anyone know where we can get mini freezer?

shinny -- . do share with me yr hsbc plan as well.

christine -- . thks for explaining the ge plan

apple -- . yr gal weight still ok. mine even bigger. 4 weeks at 4.9kg. and now 2mths (during last week injection), she was 6.2kg le...whenever i bring her out, ppl will say 4 mths r? faint....but funny part is my gal drink very little compare to yrs. she only drink 90ml, 2 n half hr.

Pancake,

my PD told is we need to comb the cradle cap out. They are actually dead skin and baby will go bald cos the hair will drop and no new hair will come out. I also don't dare to remove initially, not sure whether painful. Had no choice but to help him remove now cos don't want him to be bald.

Nepia diapers: may I know wat sz does their M sz fit? How many kgs? Mamy poko s sz fits 3-8kg but getting tight for my gal...

Bryest ..

Can try checkin out Fairprice Xtra or Courts for the mini freezer.. If they dun hav, maybe u will need o odoen town to Carrefour.. We bought one previously for my company from Carrefour. Cost less den $200

happiness: ya, brought chloe to doc koh yest. surprisingly no q even we reach late at ard 11am.... he is quite good... thx for recommending him.. most likely will go to him for the 5-in-1 jap & the 773 package. the 5-in-1 is 82/jab no package price.

Pancake: How much is the Nepia diaper tat u r ordering..? how many pieces/pkt for m size?

Question: On avearage how many pieces of diaper does yr bb using a day? assumed no cloth napkin used....

Cloh :

On an average, Jolie uses abt 3-4 diapers per day.. usually if she dun poo, will change :

- 1 diaper (usually PET PET/Drypers) after morning bath

- 2nd diaper (usually PET PET/Drypers) after evening towel bath

- 3rd diaper (Mamy poko/Huggies)after last feeding before we goes to bed.. at abt 10pm+

And the cycle repeats again the next day....

If she poo.. den will hav to change immediately lor..

anyone knows where i can get cctv etc at budget price,so can monitor the maid. haiz,my PIL have to go back cos their passes not approve,in the end choose a maid....not sure when will she be arriving...

Ivy :

So u finally got an answer from the authorities.. Hmm.. somehow I sense u r smiling in ur heart..heeheeee.

As for the cctv, do check out wif Singtel.. I believe they hav some package on instaling webcam at hom and u can monitor ur home any time...

whoofy, cloh:

Wha whoofy, Jolie so good, help u save diapers. my gals is very fussy. pee a little bit also cannot, must change immediately. poo worse. she'll stain the pampers alil then cry until u change. after we change a new one then only she'll bomb the diaper. haha. so in a day can use up to 10-12 diapers easily [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Shinny :

Wow 10-12 diapers.. tats alot !! Maybe Jolie is not fussy (for now) cos she's 'trained' by a lazy mom ! hahahahah

whoofy: wah... Jolie is big saver ah.... use so little diaper a day. If her dont hv nappy rash i think it is ok. Chloe uses abt 7/day. I use drypers/ntuc/mamy pokko at day time and use huggies utra at nite....

re diaper,

my gal oso use min 3 pcs per day... same schedule like whoofy... 2 for the 2 baths den midnite will change once... if poo then will hv more change...

shinny,

by rite ur gal shdn feel the wetness of diaper unless its full? wat brand u're using nw?? mayb goto change to some other brand wif better absorption...

Shinny / Cloh :

Agree wif Bbin.. if baby feel the wetness very often, tat means the diaper is not very strong absorbption.. maybe wanna consider changing the brand..

So far I'm more KS in applying the nappy cream. Each time we change, it's usually during bath time. So I will first apply J&J baby lotion to her whole body first, den follow by Drapoleen(thick thick !) It's cheaper to stock up nappy cream den diapers mah..

Actually Jolie was on cloth diaper when my CL was ard. Only nite time we use diapers. She will be back to tis cloth diaper routine in May when we bring her to the babysitter...

Freesia :

Yalor.. cannot compare... on an average, baby shld gain double their birth weight when 2mths old..

hi feb MTBs

i am from the jun MTB thread. sorry to interrupt.

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around and drop by for great deals, esp if you live in the yishun area!

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

for more info, pls feel free to contact clara at [email protected]. =)

tks for reading.

Ya.. Freesia muz c bb weight since birth oso mah.. N if Fm or Bm feed.. N genes n etc etc.. Anyway got grow very good Liao..

Shinny> at least u bb pple tot bigger den actual mth ld.. Mine got 1 aunty tot is boy despite she wearing PINK mittens n waving high above sholuder level lor.. Haha

outing> argh... So gian to meet up..! Tink I'm slowly gaining cinfidence to bring bb out alone.. Hope I recover asap den can carry heavy thing n walk longer distance to orchard alone wif Jasielle~~~ hehee

Oh ya Bbin n gals, y we nvr tit of meet back at 313 Marche ah? Cos it's juz above mrt n plc is big enuf for10+ strollers during wk daes n food can be dinner ir teabreak.. Got the ice cream somemore~~~ ;) ;)

but diaper changing can't rem if there got... Tat time when we visit toilet got c any diaper pull out trays there or not huh?

Ivy: to monitor my maid I bought a webcam that can support iPhone from challenger. The brand is Dlink model no 2121. Cost me $237 members price. U can consider this as a cheaper alternative. One thing bad is it has restricted view can't rotate. But both me n hubby wants to view via iPhone so got this loh.

bbin : Where u stay? Coz i wanna see my hb on the way to collect the NAN from u anot. ;p How's Zi Xuan? Finally sleeping?

Whoofy : Can drink Yang Sheng water at such a young age? Meet my hb to see him lor. Wahahahahaha.. Coz u wont get to see me mah. Kekekekeekek

pancake,

is nepia good? my baby also poo a few times per day. i'm using 6 to 8 diapers per day too. i try to change quite often cos he has nappy rash.

pancake, glad kieran likes the nepia diaper. Each carton 4 packs (free delivery), that's y i din order yet. I manage to buy a pack of S size from NTUC (24hr one)jurong point. I dun remember the sizing for M size, better call and find out.

diaper use: tara normally use 1 diaper/5hr.

My goodness how come your babies use so few diapers. I change Jared's diapers once every 3 hours or so. :S

Lovie :

It's not yang sheng.. It's 'yang sheng she' .. I think it's frm one of the mommy here tat mentioned one.. If not wrong is Happiness...

Alternatively can boil barley water to give baby drink .. No need add any sugar...

For either one, jus add abit into the milk during feeding for bb to drink.

U still insist I meet ur hubby ?! No use ! I wanna sayang Kiefer, carry him leh.. Can't do tat to ur hb wor !!

U not going Tues outing ??!! Thought u very ONZ..

pankcake: i think so... still observing...

shinny: okie.. thx thx

yvonne: no prob =)

bbin: sigh.. i cannot attend the outing this time.. My mum needs to go polyclinic for checkup.. oh well~~

jmi : I also gotta change Kiefer's diaper every 3 hr. Even doing so, he still have nappy rash lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

whoofy : Thanks for the note of the barley water! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Coz hb wont be at Safra Jurong whole day coz he still has other project at other places! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Am giving Tues outing a miss coz i still prefer to rest my back more and not aggravate it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi all --> i also change my bb diaper around 3-4 times per day. schedule about the same as whoofy too.

freesia--> seem like our bb is big...mine is gal somemore le....

lovie/ whoofy --> ya, is 'yang sheng she' (ginseng root) recommended by happiniss and my hubby colleague as well. i gave it a try and my bb turn out fine as well. no fever after jab. alternatively, like mentioned by whoofy, can try barley water. i heard about that too.

lovie -- . as per hapiness, i just put a tablespoon on the ginseng root water in her milk a nite before her jab. i put around 2 times at nite feed b4 she sleeps and once in the morning b4 jab.

Cloh>good Qs.. Ur Qs lead me to tink of another Qs

well me juz try to change ard avg 4hrs lor so it's ard 5 diapers or so (does not incl poo poo, cos same like woofy, poo juz change immediately)

seldom use nappy cream unless got nappy rash

so use wet cotton wool wipe clean n dab dry n apply powder, when poo poo. Normal wee wee juz change diaper if backside still dry dry. If damp abit, use pigeon wipe

Qs: wat causes nappy rash? Wet diaper n not change fast enuf? Or juz change regularly dun care very wet, wet, or lil bit wet?

Jmi> sounds like u like the idea/venue for next outing too.. Hee.. They call it parent room? Hmm.. If haf than sounds like haf diaper facilities..Bbin n gals, wat ya tink)

Angel : nappy rash is usually caused by wet diaper that is not changed over a long period of time, n also depends on the sensitivity of ur bb's skin. If ur bb's skin is very sensitive, u better apply diaper rash cream after every change.

Lovie: *touch wood* Jared doesn't have any nappy rash so far, so I'm gonna keep to this 3-4hourly change.

Angel: Somerset or Orchard is just a difference of 1 stop change for me since I'm taking the purple line down from Buangkok. I still don't dare to drive with Jared sitting at the back in the car-seat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angel,

if venue change to somerset u'll join huh??

lovie,

i'm staying @ commonwealth... the one near sheng siong... hw? eh, join us la... i hven seen kiefer lei!

jmi,

talking abt car seat... juz nw wanted to make use of the car seat given by my sis (used for 8 yrs liao)... den realise tat the sponge inside oredi disintegrated!! wonder if can get replacement outside.. if not sian liao... goto spend $$ again to get new one!!

Angel ...

Agree wif Gyan on how nappy rash may occurs.. Reali depends on individual babies' skin sensitivity.. Another point to note is the humid weather in Spore... So best way to avoid nappy rash is to apply cream to prevent even if it's regular change of diapers.

Lovie ....

Good choice to rest home if u reali feel the need... We must reali take care of ourselves now or else when we turn old wil be jialat liao. Take care !

Yvonne : I see! Thanks for advising! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jmi : Even though i change every 3 hrly, Kiefer still got nappy rashes.(Near his anus there..) Heiz..

bbin : I gotta ask Hubby and let ya know again. Hahahahah.. When are u guys meeting? Am going on Wed coz Kiefer needs to see his PD for his injection.

whoofy : Yah lor. My fren ever told me tat if i dun wanna take care of myself, if sth happens to me, no one will pity me or feel sorry for me coz AM THE ONE suffering and not them!!!! Really muz rest well lor. Juz a 2hr mj left me wif sore back again. Heiz..

Bbin> oops, psiseh.. I mean if the next round outing u gals may consider 313.. tiz Tuesday I can't make it.. Soli

woofy,gyan> ic...ic.. Thkq ;)

Lovie :

sit too long also not good for our back, especially if the sitting posture is incorrect and there's no back support. U next time play mj, pls put a cushion behind ur back to support leh... Also before sleeping try to do back stretching exercise..

still remember those tips frm the pre natal class or not ??!

I wouldn't say I'm totally ok .. Can also feel the strainning of my back, especially since my daily routine incld vacuuming and mopping the house.. Sometimes at the end of the day, when I lay on bed, wah kaoz ! Can reali feel the acheness lor..

lovie,

u mean the tues gathering?? changed to marche 313 somerset liao... if u gg, den i can bring along Nan... but if u're not, u better ask ur hb to faster collect from me otherwise not enuf time to finish the powder... remember tat its opened.....? wah u win liao, back like tat still play mahjong... haha... like wat whoofy say, muz put cushion... better still, every nw n den stand up n stretch...

angel,

wah, we changed venue for ur sake lei!! juz kidding la! but i tink i might juz 'slow down' on gathering... been gg out far too frequent till i oso tired let alone my gal...

whoofy,

tink i very 'incapable'... leave all hsework to my hb! haha... so backache is he kana...

Back