(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Lovie: If your boy already has nappy rash, you can try applying the desitin cream (original). It is stronger than the creamy version. Very effective in treating the rash. When my boy was down with diarrhoea, it triggered nappy rash around his anus area as well. The hospital used desitin original on him and it healed in a few days time.

Bbin: Could the teat be too small for your girl? There was once when my boy took like forever to finish his usual amt of milk and can even fall asleep halfway while drinking. When i upsized his teat, he could finish his milk much faster.

Angel : oh yah, even if it's dry when he just pee, better to use bb wipes/cotton wool to clean backside den dap with tissue or air it before apply cream.

freesia,

day time or even middle of night, she's ok... but dono y juz nw she didn wanto finish the milk...

gyan,

ya... from yesterday 8+pm till tis morning 5+am... she woke me up... otherwise i'd hv continue sleeping! n best, she didn even finish!

kath,

yalor, she slept ard 9pm till tis morning 5+am...

she usually drinks 90-120ml in the day... if she overshot her feeding time like after 4hrs, i'd make 120ml... most of the time she can finish... but tis morning, only drank 90ml... tats after 9hrs lei... scary ah...

for those mummies who attended the marche gathering b4 we gave birth, do u remember if ter's lift service? coz i remember we had to climb the stairs down n up... if no lift, den hv to change venue again...

bbin: Chloe also behave like tat yest, overshot for all feeding time but ony drink half of her normal amount. At nite we realised her tummy big big so think got wind inside so she keep cannot finish her milk. We fed her the gripe water and try to apply ru yi oil more frequently, she is back to normal this morning.....got 2 poo for the past 6 hrs.... Did yr gal poo normally since yest?

bbin : i brought Alfonse for Hep B jab at Polyclinic last Fri, n the nurse told me i overfed him... he was drinking 150ml every 3 hrs, n that his head circumference, length n weight all 75%... =(

bbin> marche lift service confirm have.

;) Cos went recently last couple of wks wif hubby

tink can fit 2 strollers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but when go back up, juz keep receipts when checking out, den they will let u go back into the entrance side where the lift is

bbin> oops.. so paiseh.. change venue for my sake ah? *guilty ~(*.*)~

hehee.. soli.. cos my hse hdb new multi level lift still not ready!? else I can juz push stroller all the way, no need carry from 5th floor to 6th floor lift. (cos I cant manage to carry the stroller myself yet..have fully recover yet ah)

huh? tiz is ur last outing ah? not waiting for apple to come out? oh ya, when u returning to work ah?

++ btw Feb gals when returning to work ah? ++

gyan> hee.. looks like out tinking of cleaning bb backside abt the same.. muz clean clean ah..

mine gal, I even open slight her V folds n use damp cotton wool to swipe it down somemore, during bath time n poo poo time.. hee

Qs: btw Feb gals who haf bb gals, do u find ur bb have white discharge when u clean their V?

is it normal ah?

Cos my ex CL says normal.. I still abit doubting her words? hee

gyan: i see... think yr gal is same gang with happiness's gal... got big appetite.... want to grow up faster[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So do u intend to reduce his intake?

angel: never see any white discharge from my gal wor... (**touch wood). only sometime the desitin applied will formed while oli layer at her v folds area which needs more time to clean....

bbin.....oic.....but bb will cry for milk if they r hungry....maybe she is too sleepy??? Like my boy if he is tired....he will sleep w/o asking for milk...i think she b ok...

Cloh : wanna reduce but difficult leh... i try to drag his feeding time but he will scream if i dun give him lor... hiya, siong leh... no wonder the milk powder so fast finish!

cloh,

i everyday feed her gripe water once in the morning... after the 2 baths n everytime she poo, i'll apply ruyi oil... her poo so far still ok...

gyan,

*hands up... i didn do anything to her!! the only ting was we tried feeding her Nan but seems like we've confused her, so the intake amt became havoc... nw decided to stick back to similac... hopefully will stablise...

if ur boy is overfed, but nw he's so used to tat amt, u can reduce meh? if he demands for tat amt, its overfed meh? my gal's pd always say feed on demand... lol... her demand not big i guess...

angel,

not last gathering la... juz tat i've been attending almost all the gatherings (except for the west n the northeast) so seems like too 'onz' liao... lol! of coz will wanto mit apple n her angel mah... ;)

abt discharge,

i'll sometimes see white dots ard but tot its the powder tat got stuck inside... the prob wif desitin is difficult to clean, tats y i only apply when i see her bum is red... otherwise, its juz powder...

Whoofy

Why not ask Hubby to help u wif hsehold chores? Now i dun even dare to do muzh hsehold chores & gotta leave it to maid though i would rather i do it myself! For now, the most ive done besides taking care of baby is to wash his milk bottles! :p The rest, juz cant be helped! I rather the maid make a mess out of the hse rather than to intervene and aggravate my back! TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN BY FEELING ACHES!!!!

I didnt do any exercise for now liao. Hahahaha.. Everyday when lie on bed, the only thing can think of is wanna rest and slp. Even if i wanna exercise, will forget all abt it once lie on bed! :p But every now and then when i rem in the daytime, will try to do as much as possible. Let's all JIA YOU together! Am also taking the tonic soup as per intro by Christine and Kath. Hope it helps!

bbin

Ahahaahha.. Yah hor! Forgotten tat it's opened! I thought u wanna say u bring along Zi Xuan. Hahahahahah.. I still thinking of course u muz bring Zi Xuan along to the gathering! Who wants to see u! Wahahahahah(Kidding har)

I try to watch my back every now and then. When i wan to bend down, i will bend my knees instead of bending my back. But heiz.. It's a bit hard at times to try to abide to it coz am lazy and impatient as wanting to pick things up asap!

Freesia

Is it? AM using Avent's right now and after applying and a few hrs later, when i wan to clean him up, there sure to be small little clots from the Avent's nappy rash cream. I bought myself draploean but have yet to try. Dun know whether is it Avent's product tat has the clot thing alone or tat it happens to other nappy rash cream as well!

Gyan: The nurse never mentioned to me that my gal how many percent leh.. She comments my baby growing well.. But then i think mine gal also 75% la, see from the health booklet. What is your boy weight and height now?

haiz, finally got time to come in, cos my gal is at bbsitter. Yesterday she refuse to sleep frm 1 plus in the afternoon till 3 plus at nite... i was super tired, till abt 1am my hb took over n bring her to the next room so that i could rest...dun knw what's wrong with her. Sat nite also, she went into a crying spree at 12 plus after milk feed, only to sleep at 2am...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cloh : u opting to take 5 in 1 jab instead?

RE:Dapers - Cherish changes her diapers at every feed. So on avg she uses abt 6-7 diapers aday n i also apply desitin cream on her at every diaper change too...

bryest : i hv not ask my hb if i could bring Cherish out tmr... I will see hw she behaves to nite, cos pass 2 nites she was very difficult.

Whoofy : Cherish also suck n grizzle on her hand alot, drools alot and can smear her saliva over her face n her botak head. I dun knw if it is teething but it is POSSIBLE. I read frm a book that mothers are to look out for babies teething from 3 months onwards... N websites also says that some babies start teething very early , as early as from birth.. so far i've check Cheries gums, no redness or swell... but she will bite everything that u put in her mouth... haaa... i will as the PD when i bring her go for Jab 1st week of May.

Angel : I m returning to work next Monday.

bbin : At nite no need to wake yr gal up for her milk. Just make sure u feed her every 3/4 hrs during the day. Cherish I will wake her up in the day if she exceed her feeding time by the 4th hr. At nite if she sleeps after 9pm i will not wake her up, i will let her wake me instead. I will let her hv her last feed at abt 11plus then she will sleep all the way till next morning 6-7am then wakeup for milk.

Gyan : But yr boy looks ok to me lei, above avg ar??? Cherish drinks 150ml EBM during daytime at the babysitter. She drinks abt 4packet between 10am till b4 7pm i fetch her. N she drinks 150ml b4 she goes to babysitter.Then come home hv another 1 bottle of milk b4 she sleeps.. she drinks abt 6/7 bottles of 150ml of milk per day. Now i still can gauge how much she drinks. Previously I latch fully during daytime. I also dun knw if i give too much now anot. But she seems satisfied lei...

Lovie : I hope Kiefer will be given all clear by the PD... Cherish was super cranky on Sat nite and Sunday daytime. Fuss alot during feeding time. Then last evening she poo, a damn BIG poo... soil her shirt cos leak out and her whole back all shit, then i dun knw go carry her, she poo again n the shit leak out BIG TIME n kena my shirt n shorts. Bo bianz got to bathe her... but after pooing so much she was super hungry n drank her milk quite fast n i also notice the rumbling sound stop... I will monitor these few days n see if got rumbling sound again anot...

Gyan

Hmm.. Overfeed? What if Alfonse wants to eat? How can u stop him from eating? It's a bit dilemma, right? For me if Kiefer wants to eat 150ml per 3 hrly, am fine wif it.

For now, Kiefer drinks 70ml to 140ml every 2.5 hr to 3 hr depending on how much he drinks. Imagine for his age now he's drinking habit is still so eccentric, i shld be worried, right? But for me, i think as long as he drinks enough and he didnt cry after his feed, shld be okay. Dun wish to pressurize him or force him to drink in case he puke out again!

Gyan : My gal also la, sream like we "ill treat" her if we drag her time. N 150ml of EBM only last her 2.5hr or 3 hrs only lor... Sometimes we still try to distract her by playing with her if she ask for milk too early. I dun dare to increase her milk scared overfeed..

lovie: ya... use desitin original if your boy already has nappy rash. To date, i have seen a total of 5 different baby docs liao (incl the KKH's one) and all recommend desitin. In fact, the desitin original was prescribed by the hospital. I was using creamy all along.

But i must caution u the cream is also quite difficult to clean off hor...

Angel : My gal had the white discharge too when she was born. it lasted for abt 4-5 weeks... The PD says the discharge is normal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].. so no worries.

apple/Freesia : dunno leh... but i thot nowadays all bbs like tall n heavy leh... my boy is 56cm, 5.3kg at 7 weeks.

Happiness : my boy drinks 150ml FM 8 times a day... sometimes i try to put him in the sarong with auto-shake so that he may sleep 1/2 hr more... haha... oso use pacifier... but sometimes cannot lah, cos he suck n suck, no milk den will scream... lolz

Lovie : actually i tot if feed him more can drag his feeding time longer... who knows incr his capacity, but feeding time still the same... haiz

gyan: Ya, maybe boys are naturally bigger hor? Mine only drinks 120ml FM + EBM, 7 times a day... but also on the big side. Very strange... hb and me also not big size leh.

Gyan: My gal is 56cm, 4.5kg close at 6 weeks.. My gal also drink quite a lot also, at least 120ml for 2-3hr.. If she poo, can only tahan 1.5hr..

Normally i will increase 10ml if she sleep longer.. Just like this morning, we feed her at 6am, she wake up 10.40am for milk..

Freesia : haha, yalor... we oso not tall, but our sons like tall tall lor, i think nowadays kids like very tall leh... i abt 1.58cm, last time considered average height... but now hor, i like very short leh... i see the teenage gals outside all like model height leh...

gyan: based on yr boy's weight, dont think he is abv avg leh.... for me sometimes if bb cry b4 feeding time i will give her pacifier then she can "tahan" another 1/2 hr to 2 hr depends on her mood... funny rite...

hi all,

yr bb r drinking so much......

I think my bb drink the least....he is only taking 100mls per 2 hrs...at times, he will puke some of the milk out

Car Seat

Which brand are u mummies using? Do you find that your bb's head is in a rather awkward position (like squashed towards the chest) when he is in the car seat? I'm using a car seat meant for infant but don't really like the position of my boy when he is in it!

Gyan/Cloh: My gal when suck she will know pacificer, then she cry out more loud. Haha.. I want to drag her feeding time also cannot.

Gyan: I took during last wednesday. Cry loud loud at first, then my hb carry her, console her.. then cry a bit then later ok liao..

Freesia,

Erm.. ur infant car seat has a head support? so as to support bb's head, so that won't tilt to one side..

Mine is Graco, hand me down one.. so far so good lah!

Do you mommies feed your baby with plain water.. my baby dun like, spew out water, when I feed her.

She only poo like alternate days, scare she too heaty..

freesia: I agree with u .. am using maxi cosi 2009 infant car seat... no matter how we adjust her, she still looks in awkward position to me like waht u mentioned... I hate to put her in there... though she seldom cry when we put her in....

pet su.... i want to increase the milk intake & lengthen the hrs...but cant ... bb just dont wan to drink more & if he drink more....he will puke lor....now no point to increase the milk....hert ache to see he puke so much EBM ....

Pet: Ya, i will feed her water when she having hiccups or even feel she want milk i feed some water first, to clear her throat.. But feed a bit not much.. My gal very smart, know it is not milk drink a bit liao, dun wan to suck and cry.

Kath,

But he puke milk, probably have wind in tummy. How do you burp him, on lap or over shoulder?

you gradually stretch the interval, maybe 30 mins first?

Freesia

We are using Naia and Britax for bb. Both of my carseats are meant from infant till quite big one. Both come with those infant inserts that can be removed when bb outgrow. My bb fit into the inserts quite snuggly.

My bb is drinking 140ml every 3hrly now.

applegal,

My gal din cry.. but she refuse to open her mouth once taste water... or she will stir the teat with her tongue.. so fastrating [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back