(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

thks yogamama.. I've been taking folic acid 3 mths ago.. my gynae recommended me to start taking so long as we are trying to conceive.. Perhaps I'll call up to see if I can bring forward my appt... it's always not easy to find a slot from public hospital.. haiz..

Yogamama : yeah.. going in the morning .. If i remember correctly , my gynea is on lvl 3. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re : food

I think sashimi is okay if they are prepared properly.. Those cut on-the-spot ones shld be okay since they are very freshly cut and not left in the open for too long. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The bacteria that we are trying to avoid is the same one that caused mass food poisoning in Jalan Serai MKT.

As for cooling food, if you have a weak womb or other medical conditions , better avoid them lor. I have asthma so.. i try to avoid cooling food during this period of time... I MUZ NOT kena asthma during this period .. cos' i dun think i want to eat any asthmatic medication. :|

whoofyJO : yeah.. Public hospital now very luan because of the H1N1... last mth, my FIL was hospitalize and went for a major surgery , they only allow 2 person to visit him for the whole day.. cannot swap place also.. very frustrating..And all the family members were very sad.. because we cannot visit him as often as we wanted.. .

yeh, when my hubby was in SGH last week for a major op, we had to submit 8 designated visitors. they only allow 2 visitors per visit and must be during visiting hrs only. even when he's in icu, they say only 2 persons. my parents-i-law were so upset.

congrats to Jaspire/Jgal...

do share ur joy in 2008 april thread with rest of the mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jgal & bryest.. yes.. govt hosipital always very straight in the policies etc...

I also hav another issue..

my gynae is from SGH.. but I'm consider as a private patient.. I would reali prefer to give birth in Mount A.. So am wondering if my gynae do give birth at other hospitals besides SGH..

Called the appt centre.. slots all fully booked.. can't even bring forward the appt now.. arrggh..

my gynae is Dr Yong TT, Snr Consultant from SGH..

she was recommended by my fren and also have good feedbacks so far.. Also another reason why we had chose her is we prefer a female gynae..

I've seen the list of female gynaes from Mount A, not many and not much of good feedbacks..

whoofyJO : does Dr Yong practice in Gleneagle toos ? I know that some gynea , example Dr Chan, has a clinic at Gleneagle also.

hello mtbs,

sorry to intrude. have one brand new tin of annum chocolate flavour unopen and another tin left with abt 3/4, chocolate flavour. Selling both at $15. Self collect at my hse at khatib. Interested pls email me at [email protected] . thks so much!

Jgal.. I'm not sure if she has her own practice in pte hospitals.. will definitely need to ask her.. otherwise will need to consider to switch gynae soon as I will prefer a gynae to see me thru full term till delivery..

kath: i'm also seeing Dr Adrian... depends on which type of doc u like.. if u like those who spend alot of time talking to u.. very PR type then he's not for u...

Hi Jgal...

EDD :

Gynae : Heng Tung Lan

Hosp : East Shore

Tomorrow going for check up see foetus is growing well or not, still having slight brown discharge. My 1st visit at 6 weeks can already detect the foetus heartbeat!

Kath Tan....heee me also 'old mummy' liao, 35 YO [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Peppersalt,

OK.... thks....I don’t want anyhow "CHOP" preggy mummy one....ahhahahaha

Peppersalt, you may want to do some test, the GP/gynae can take some samples from you virginal. Should be able to let you know whether any infection a not or just hormone changes only. Dont worry too much as i also get this infections often...at times, is the food that u intake or when you r under stress, you will get these kinds of virginal irritation.

Peng,

U have to stand one side....no one can beat me....me the oldest mummy here...having the 2nd preg. hahahah.....

bryest,

Really can't understand why we can get this vaginal problem so often! Could it be like mouth ulcer? Once you got it once, you get it very easily and often? What is probiotic? If yogurt really helps then i will start eating them frequently.

yogamama,

me2 had the problem of getting up to pee often these nights! I cannot imagine at a later stage (3rd trim)when tummy got so big, then i can sleep inside the toilet??? Frankly since after having 1st child, I already had to get up at least once in the night to pee....really can't hold urine so well like before!

Serene: mayb you would want to do the pelvic exercise more frequently. it helps alot. When I was conceiving #1, once in awhile will do the pelvic exercise, I dont have much problem of holding the pee. But straight after deliver #1, of coz the holding part was not that good.. still need to do the exercise to strengthen the muscle there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope it helps.

kath,

Like what peppersalt says, Dr Adrian is not the chatty type and infact our appt with him can be very fast if we have nothing much to ask. For me, throughout my 1st pregnancy, everything is fine thus i have nothing to complain about him. He appears very 'steady' to me thus i think this is very important and i trust him.

Serene.. u are so funny.. sleeping in the toilet !!! So it's true tat we will visit toilet more often ?! I was quite fed up wif myself recently as I am getting up at least 2 to 3 times each nite to pee now ! Even told myself to not drink so much water after 9pm so tat I can get more sleep..

mambobb,

Don't know why i hate doing the pelvic exercise! But i know it helps in strengthening the bladder muscle. Will it be too late to do it now since my boy is already 3 yrs old?

There are a few thing i'm worried of on my 2nd pregnancy.

1) Weight gained (I haven't lose all these extra kgs in 1st pregnancy).

2) Backache may turn worse

3) Urine bladder muscle will turn weaker

4) Water retention (will force myself to drink alot water this time).

whoofy,

No joke cos i rem during my 1st pregnancy, i only go toilet more often at 3rd trim. Then after birth, i get up at least once every nite to pee. Now these few nights, like you, i get up 2-3x to pee! Really irritating and i make it a point that i clear up my bladder b4 sleep still, i have to get up 2-3x in the night. So does it mean when at 3rd trim when tummy is big, we have to get up every hr???

Serene: Nothing is too late to start [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].. It will strength the muscle nw and after u deliver #2, must continue to do.. but of coz not everyday lah.. haha.. me also not so kuai type..

Only will rem to do while waiting for bus / train.. or even in the office.. heehee. just do whenever u like lor.. Jiayou [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serene.. if by 3rd tri hav to visit toilet every hr.. den I reali will consider wear adults pampers liaoz..

mambobb,

Ok, i will try my best! I really don't want to end up like old lady, rush toilet every 1-2 hrs!

whoofy,

kekeke, i cannot imagine wearing pampers! :D

hahhahaha.... all so cute mummies.....

Maybe, we should drink less water at times then we no need to wake up so often....

Does anyone here know whether is it ok to go for Chinese "tuai na" (chinese massage)at 1st trim????

kath,

Drink more water in the day (to avoid water retention), for the nite, stopping drinking 1-2 hrs b4 bed. During my 1st pregnancy, i suspect i didn't drink enough water that's why my water retention got so serious in 3rd trimester! My legs are swollen like elephants legs and can't even stand to bathe!

Better avoid all message during 1st trimester.

i went to see Dr Adrian again as feeling abit fever..

lucky doc check & say everything is normal.. should be in my 6wks+/- 6 days now.. able to see tiny bb's heartbeat blinking! so excited..

so happy.. manage to change my appt to see my gynae on 29/06.. Dun hav to wait till 17/07..

reali very anxious to knoe if everything is ok ...

I guess I am the only 1 here with no bb's image, cant see bb's heartbeat and dont know when is the exact EDD.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].. guess govt hospital is like tt.

mambobb,

Not only you....me too ... still choosing gynae... today too busy in office to call to check the package price.... sianzzz.....

Serene,

Don’t worry....me do drink a lot of water during the day time..... as me is a "water container" ... I tried to drink 2litres water every day before I pregnant.

Hi All

I just using clearblue test kit and test faint positive. I'm not sure am i pregnant, as my period is irregular. My last LMP is on 24-5-09.

Just had my first appt today. Was a little apprehensive at first, but really glad when I finally got to see the scan of the little baby. For a moment, just forgot that I've been having countless sleepless nights accompanied with bouts of burping.

Jgal, thanks for collating:

EDD: 2 Feb

Gynae: Dr WK Tan

Hospital: TMC

WhoofyJo, happy to hear that you managed to get an earlier appointment :) I'm seeing mine this Sat and very excited too even though this is my #2.

Congrats Pixmommy and apple_gal..

Nite nite everyone, need to pee again :)

hi all....i tested positive last thursday... had sore breasts.... but seems to be loosing the feeling is this norm? anyone in the same shoes as me ,,,,,, my last menses was 16 May ( but i have a long cycle of 32 to 33 days) had a D&C in Nov 08 .... at about 10 weeks fetus had no heartbeat... i am pretty paraniod now...

can anyne advice me?

Btw mummies, if you are looking for female gynae, my friends told me that Dr Eunice chua and Dr Phyllis Liauw from TLC Gynaecology Practise at TMC are good. But as they are super popular, their waiting times are long too..

hi - i tested positive last week, and will be seeing Dr WK Tan next mon. I think my EDD should be around Feb 18. Another "old" 30-something mummy!

Celia - no advise for you, but I share your paranoia. I miscarried last Nov, at around 8 weeks. Had a D&C done. I am now just staying as positive as I can. If it is any consolation, I did not really have any sore breasts during my first pregnancy - my boy is over 3 years old!

Jgal, thanks for updating the table.

Here are my details:

EDD: estimated feb 6

Gynae: Prof Mary Rauff

Hospital: NUH

Baby no. 3

Mummies, I don't have difficulty sleeping as I am exhausted most of the time. But have to wake up at least once to pee in the night. Haiz...

Whoofy, u r so funny about the adult diapers!

Congrats and welcome to all the new Feb mummies!

Hi Celia,

Dont worry too much..... just relax...think positively....dont give too much pressure to yourself. stay happy is the most important thing to do now....

Cheers.

Jgal, thanks for updating the table.

Here are my details:

EDD: 17 Feb 2009

Gynae: Still looking

Hospital: no sure

Baby no. 2

Good morning, Ladies!

Hi, Celia

Dun think too much, relax... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I feel very tired, having lower back pain, clamps and feel breast pain too. I'm not so sure am i abnormal too.. Hehe..

I thinking of testing the pregnacny kit again on this sunday to confirm.

morning ladies...

nowadays.. I'm a total knock out by 9pm when I got home.. simply too tired to even catch my favourite TV dramas...

kath.. I'm under pte patient.. not subsidy..

yogamama... yes.. I'm very excited of my appt tis monday.. but due to work I'll be going alone w/o my hubby.. kinda sad hor.. he'll be missing the first heartbeat we hear if there is... **touch wood**

Back