(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Jgal,

Thanks for the info!

whoofyJO,

Don't worry, stay happy! Of cos i agreed we have alot of worried and think about. Though this is my 2nd pregnancy, i can't deny that i still have a lot to think..... However, like what Jgal says, let's stay positive and be happy. Believe me, enjoy this whole process cos after then when it's all over, you will kind of miss the feeling of this moment and your baby inside you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi jgal,

thanks for compiling. I'm seeing dr christopher chong. he hasn't told me the EDD cos the last scan still can't see heartbeat yet. very worried.

bryest,

How many wks are you now? During my 1st preg, when i visited the gynae when i'm 4wks, also can't see baby...then only at week6, it was detected. So far i haven't go to the gynae, not sure when i should go... my gf says no hurry cos at an early stage, can detect the bb yet.

hi serene,

based on the 1st day of my last menses, i shld be abt 6 weeks 2 days when i went to see the gynae. but we only managed to see the sac, haven't seen the hearbeat yet. will be seeing my gynae again this wed.

Serene,

Not just the blood test but the drawing of the "yang siu" for checking the baby whether is normal a not.

You have to count from the date of your last mens. count from that week....your EDD should be ard end of Jan 2010.

I think i am the oldest among the mummies.

Whoofy,

Dont worry too much as this is no good for your baby & yourself. I was 32 too when i have my 1st baby. Just relax. Just find a gynae.

bryest,

I have forgotten my 1st time. I think only see the sac at week6, not sure about heartbeat.

kath,

Ic. Includes drawing of yang shui no wonder so ex! I always thought yang shui is drawn at a later stage.... btw, i'm 34, do i need to draw yang shui also?

Seems like my EDD might be early Feb and if based on my 1st experience, delivered at 38th week, my bb might pop end Jan 2010???

Hi mummies,

Congrats to all and I am joining you all too! Just tested + and this is going to be my no.2! Still very excited about it all! Gosh! I am going to tahan till 7weeks before going to see gynae. Pray that my spotting is mild and baby will stabilise. Hee.

Jgal, hihi *wave* to you... my details are:

EDD: 1st March but targetting actual delivery on 20th April (c-sect so i can select the date now! *wink*)

Gynae : Dr AL Lim

Hospital : TMC

Baby no #2

Tifanny, buy baby doll tops or dress. All can be worn after delivery. Dun need to splurge too much on maternity clothes. But you will need to buy maternity bottoms lah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrates !!!! Jaspire!!! ha haha .. amazing to think that our first baby and 2nd baby are born almost in the same month!!

err.. you are saying you want to c-sect at 20 Feb or 20th Apr

Serene.. here's information that I was advised by my doc during my #1..

At 30, the chances of having a DS kid is 1:800.

To evaluate the risk, I can take 1) NT test-scan 2) triple test-blood test

NT test has to be taken in the 11-14 wks and the accuracy is 70%

Triple test has to be taken in the 15-20 wk and the accuracy is 60%.

Result of 1+2 = 90% accurate...However, these 2 results only give Low/high risk..low risk does not = no risk.

OSCAR Test refer to the same testing(1/2).. but with NT test-scan and triple test-blood test done at the same time ard 11-14 weeks of gestation.

If over 35, gynea advise to go straight to amino test, after 16 wk..this test will give a confirmation( yes /no) result..

hi jgal,

thanks. I will be seeing my gynae this wed, will see whether can see baby's heartbeat then. Hoping everything will turn out fine and can see baby's heartbeat then.

Hi All,

Just saw the gynae today, was told baby is only 3.5 wks -4wks at most..7mm in length.

Really Q excited, was told baby EDD should be 27 or 28th Feb 2010. Its going to be my 1st baby..Really Pretty excited [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Jgal and all mummies,

Here are my other details.

Gynea: Dolly Wee

Hospital: Mt. Alvernia/E.

No.2

>>> Jgal, I think both of us are going to see our Gynae on the same day, this saturday at Mt. E. :) I'm very excited...Hope I'll be able to see and hear heartbeat :)

hey all some information my last menstration was 16.05 and my cycle is about 32 days.... went for a scan last scan and only found a very tiny tiny pregnancy sac.... i do not have any pregnancy symptons .... is this norm?

Hi Jgal,

thank you for sharing...i only know that i need to follow up with more tests...no sure what is the diff.

Celia,

Same here....i dont have any symptons except that the mens not here...so test myself... got it & double cfm at GP.

I think all mummies here are feeling excited...a lot of things to think & follow up.... everything is $$$$ ...... hahahhha..... shagz man.

hi serene,

Not sure whether do you need to fo this test a not but my sister took this test even she is @ 28 yrs when was expecting the 1st baby.... it is always up to you....choice is yours....

:p

thanks Kath.... i tested on last thursday ....in the evening so it was a positive .. went to see my gynae on saturday.... and he only managed after a long while to find a pregnancy sac.... small one... then today no more symptons .. so alitle worried

Hi Celia,

I have no symptons at all too. Gynae told me to eat 1 egg a day..esp eat egg yolk. He says that cholestral is v good for cell building..esp at this stage. He even gave me 3 medicines..to take..which i find weird..

From what i read..first trimster..no need to take any other medicine except folic acid..Anyone given more than just folic acid?

Congrats to all the new mummies here.

Jgal & kath,

Thanks for your info. I may need to see the gynae soon cos i'm suffering from vagina irritation (vaginitis)! Don't know why since after my 1st birth, i seem to suffer this very often! Wanted to use the Betadine Vaginal Douche but worried it might not be safe to use during pregnancy thus i think better to consult the gynae. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Serene,

I think this is normal, I am also suffering for viginal irritation too....GP said this is due to hormos changes. GP took some samples & sent it to lab. Now waiting for the result. Well the best is to see the gynae & see what he can advise.

Do any here suffer from lack of sleep??? i cant really sleep thro' out the night & often wake up at 4plus.... any advise??? Feeling very tired during the day time & evening time. More ever, my son is so active that at times need energy to fight with him, often no strength cant control him & make him follow my instructions.

peppersalt: vaginal infection might due to some medication u took.. eg: some antibotics will kill our good gems which causes the itch.. so many u might want to change ur MS medication??

Wow.. so many MTBs here.. heehee.. and many of you have scanned.. me still have not scanned yet. Have to wait till 24th Jul wor~.. so sad.. don't know is everything ok anot..

Jgal: me also 32 this yr leh.. heehee.. #2 too.. :p

Amanda: I took the Folic Acid and Multi-vitamins [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning Mummies!

I am trying to delay seeing the gynae. Hee, cos see too early can only see sac. So rather wait till 7wks + so that can see the sac as well as hear the heartbeat. At the same time, save up the money to buy more clothes to "mei mei" myself. LOL!

Hmm, till now i have no symptoms too except for the metallic taste on my tongue. No MS yet... MS shoo shoo go away! Hate it wor! I suffered badly with MS with my No.1 and now pray hard that no.2 wont have it. Kekeke... Oh yes, please start to take folic acid... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kath, i am also lacking in sleep. I wanna sleep but DD is not feeling well and is grouchy these days so she is keeping me awake. Quite scared to think when the real lethargy kicks in, dunno how to survive wor... esp in the afternoon in the ofc. Haiz...

amanda,

did u manage to see the baby? u mean ur baby is 7mm? my gynae ask me to take folic acid, multi-vits and duphaston (hormonr pills).

morning mummies,

These few night can't get to sleep early too. I'm beginning to feel difficulty in breathing thus tossing around alot!

I will call gynae later to check on the vaginal irritation. No time to go down to see him today.

bryest,

Yes, i read from the web last nite that vaginal irritation is common during pregnancy and also yogurt that contain 'something' helps... However, I seem to get it quite often after i delivered my 1st child... So uncomfortable and irritable!

morning everyone..

need advice from u ladies.. is there anything we need to look out for during the 1st trimester ? Eg. discharge ? Or food to avoid eating ?

I jus went for my hep A+B immune jab last mth and suppose to be going back in July for the 2nd jab.. I recal the nurse asking if I was pregnant at tat time, as there may be some effects to the bb ... Is it true ? Am reali worry now..

morning mummies...I have trouble sleeping too at night...And keep waking up to pee...Urrggghh...

Going to see my gynae this sat when I'm 6 weeks..Hope can see and hear heartbeat :)

serene,

me too. have been having vaginal irritation even when i was nt pregnant. it started from my last pregnancy. even after my miscarriage, i also had the irritation, coming on and off.

my gynae say there's nothing we can do to prevent. just have to take probiotic or yogurt.

morning mummies...I have trouble sleeping too at night...And keep waking up to pee...Urrggghh...

Going to see my gynae this sat when I'm 6 weeks..Hope can see and hear heartbeat :)

yogamama..

I shld be in my wk6 now... but hav yet to see the gynae. Appt wif gynae is only on 17/07.. Issit too late ?

whoofyJo, if you are worried about the hep A+B jab, I think you better call up yr gynae to ask. At least to have peace of mind. How come you need to wait till you are in yr 9th weeks then see gynae? Have you already seen one and yr gynae schedule next at 17th July?

jaspire..

I've seen the gynae 3 mths ago to do a pre conception check ups & stuffs. At tat time, gynae dun see there's anything wrong wif me except my weight. Hence she's fixed another appt to be in July to see if I will loose weight..

Only last Sat did we know tat I'm preg. and since the next gynae appt is only a few wks from now, we've decided to wait lor..

I've also emailed my gynae on the hepA+B issue. But as we know.. she's working wif SGH.. public hospital.. super busy ...so take longer den usual to reply..

whopfy: food to avoid: not fully cooked food.. raw cheese, sashimi, half boiled egg etc..

U visit ur gynea on 17th Jul.. not that late wor~.. I dont think there will be anyone later than me.. me going on the 24th Jul.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

afternoon gals.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will update the chart later. cos' abit busi now.. yesterday night my gal was down to fever.. so no chance to long to check.. :|

mambobb...

thks.. sashimi... my favourite !!!!!! Guess will hav to do without a few favourite food becos of the bb..

Do I need to abstain from cold drinks like ice tea, chinese tea as well ?? My hubby keeps nagging me not to take anything cold.. not even the Sunkis orange juice !!

Whoofy,

It should not be too late.... I also yet to call for any gynae's hot line for appt...still looking for one....heeee ..... dotn worry too much for the jab....

Jaspire.....ya will doz off during office hrs... lucky my boss is not so "CAT" one... my preggy is a open secret in our dept liao... my colleague help me to "blow" ard.... hahhaha..... i dont care if i need to take a rest, i will go & hide....heeee

kath, your boss is very gd. My boss is super "CAT" way opposite from yours. So I am refraining from telling folks in my ofc for as long as i can. Haha... No chance for me to take any rest wor. Do wish me luck that i can endure thru 1st tri. Cant wait for 2nd tri to start in fact. Cos 2nd tri is the honeymoon period! LOL!

kath.. me rather similar wif u.. hav only informed my boss abt me preggy.. hahaha..have made her keep tis secret till after my gynae appt to annouce to the rest in my office..

jaspire... jia you !

Hi Whoofyjo,

I heard that some Gynae will only see u when ur about 8 weeks. But for my gynae, the nurse told me that I can see her this week when i'm 6wks pregnant. This is my 2nd pregnancy and i recalled that for my first, i saw my gynae when i was 6wks too.

By 17 july u would have been 10wks already. If i were u, i will try to see my gynae at least by 8 weeks. You should start taking folic acid now, very impt. You can go to this website www.whattoexpect.com. It contains a lot of info. on what to eat and what not to eat in the 1st trimester. Be positive, 32 isn't that old.. :)

jaspire & whoofy,

I don’t want to blow the topic up & hope to hide till 2nd trimester ... but my colleague got nothing to say/talk about for the day.... then she help to blow ard... so I just take things easy lor... Now my colleagues know about this ,.... mean that I can enjoy the privilege earlier.... hahhahahhah ...not bad idea....

Back