(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Cass & Jane, thanks confirmed received payment

S$27.00 for the Food Jar + $2.6 for airmail = S$29.60.

1. Cass - paid
2. Raerae
3. cljl
4. Eastgal - paid
5. Jane - paid
6. Chenmama
7. ashley
8. Adelynn
9. myboyjovan
10. tanly
11. 1sttimemummy
12. Jazz
13. carolorac

mbj, ask jovan dun be jealous la...come register him and be classmates with my boy next yr la! heheh...wah, ur jovan going for yoga! wow...u are good, even managed to get spiffies samples and free talk on "baby signing"
happy.gif
national day is ok with me! so kindermusic and gathering is on 2 separate days ah?

mbj,
Cause my boy have eczema and want to know what trigger it.

sporty and bidosoh,
Came back from the prick test but test came back negative for dust mites, egg white, ikan bilis, salmon, peanut, dairy, soy and some others. Dunno should be happy or not but at least i dun have to abstain from fish and dairy.

taurus, usually bb will outgrow the eczema one.. my elder had a bad case of eczema and was on steroid for quite a while but outgrow after she hits 1 yr old. my younger gal's PD didn't want to do prick test for my girl and she is now diagnosed as allergy to dairy leh.... i've to abstain totally and very strict.... last sat i just had a half slice of banana / walnut cake and it trigger her allergy almost immediately for 2 days...

taurus, that is the what happen to my boy too. Tested slightly -ve for dust mites. Very very mild only. -ve for the rest of the allergen. Scratching head.... duno what causes the eczema. Where did you go for the test? KKH or private clinic?

Hi Angeline, I've trf $29.60 to your acc. It will take 3 days to reach you as I trf vis OCBC

The trf ref: 20100611135290

Mummies, very stressed now. My niece is a confirmed case of HFMD liao but is a slight one n she can be back to cc on mon. My gal today got cough n cranky. But duno if cough is due to she being infected by hfmd also or the germs is passed to her by my fil as fil is coughing n sick for the past few days. Didn't see red spots but see red patch at the armpit which seems painful.. Duno isit cause by weather too hot n caused by sweat. A lot of ???? now, shld be seeing Doc tmr. Pray hard for my lil k okie...

chris/swanston, ok, i try.

sporty, so where did you go for the activity today? meaning, you took ML for today too?
kindermusik and gathering together on same day is a suggestion. if some mummies cannot make it or if Kindermusik has a max cap per lesson, then got to make it on 2 different days.
so i guess for now, got to wait till sun when i get to speak to the person in charge before we can sort of finalise ba.

starrz, don't worry too much first.
don't think cough is a sign.

taurus, then what is ur boy allergic to?

mbj, today went to hay dairies with the skool lor...to see the milking goats, reminds me of myself, the milking mum...so these 2 days took ML to go spend like 1/2 day with him in his skool...ok sure, u juz let us kno the details and how i can help la...

starrz, hope ur gal's ok...dun worry!

Starz i hope yr gal ok. No worry k. SHould be fine!

Myboyjovan, dont know leh,if i should change to dumex or not. Or try similac? So many choices. Hope he likes his enfa then best.

Today my boy lower lips got a spot blueish. I think he suck his lower lips very hard all morning. Dont know why he suddenly got this habit.

I hope the music class and all the talk & free gifts can be on the same day 31 July hee... cos i know my hub will be in SIN tat day so i 90% can join the gathering.
happy.gif

BTW, today i went USS for a site inspection and wat a joke! I saw 2 grown man kicking & scolding each other over a hershey chocolate mascort. Frighten the poor kids around. I couldnt help but shout at them that they are a disgrace, so old already still fight & dont mind their language in front of children. :p Lucky they too busy if not i think they will beat me up! HAhaha...

mbj, abit diff for me to coordinate koi leh cuz by the time i am home and settle my kids, too late to call them liao...i can help u to take attendance and collect $$ and book catering la...

Starrz_Hope all will be well for your baby girl.

Sorry mummies if i sound silly asking this question: what is KOI ah.
I keep hearing that being mentioned for the gathering...
happy.gif

starrz, dun worry too much. usually i heard the virus can be dormant for 5 days. if 5 days liao still nothing, then she shld be safe lah...

velo, think your boy teething lah... my gal also kept sucking the lips... then now she confirms got 1 tooth coming out liao, can feel the sharp edge jutting out from the gum... maybe get him teether to bite?

sporty, i know liao, you help me consolidate email addresses, full names of mummies and DOB of babies for those attending the gathering in order to collect the Spiffies samples.
Can? Cos i am not good at excel..like i said..stone age..

Eastgal, it's bubble tea.

Hi there,

Would like some advise from the mummies.

Had started today to reduce my pumping frequecny by cutting down to 1x pump instead of 2x in office . Breast probably has blocked duct and bruised last few days (my left breast seem to also hv block even thou i do latch/pump) and now pain feel more sever.

Would like to ask if i should continue what i am doing (reducing 1x pump) and ignore the pain and i should first deal with clearing the choke by pumping more frequently? Will i kanan mastitis ?

Sigh...........

ariesgal_76,
How long was ur #1 on steroid? I try not to use it unless his eczema is very serious. Before the prick test i totally avoid dairy and fish. But not eating fish, i had to eat pork and other meat and this seems to worsen my own eczema and also i'm losing weight now look like a skeleton. So best to find out if he's really allergy to what i'm avoiding, if not i can go back to my normal diet. So ur #2 also have eczema? I really hope my boy can outgrow it by 1 yr old.

bidosoh,
I went to NUH for the prick test. Then the nurse gave me a pamphlet about "What is New In Eczema?". And it said there are 4 factors that can cause Eczema which are Congenital skin barrier defects, Allergy, Auto-immunity (i.e. the production of auto-antibodies against skin cells) and Microbial agent colonization, especially colonization with bacteria. So it said in some children, allergy is not involved as the cause of eczema.

sporty,
Dunno leh, seems like no allergy. Maybe he's born with sensitive skin. Aiyoh boy with sensitive skin how to survive during NS.

Starrz,
Hope ur girl will be fine. My boy also have red patches on his armpits probably due to heat and sensitive skin.

carol, i duno if this is the right way to do it since i am not the pumping mum, but what i did last time was, instead of reducing pump/latch frequency, i shorten the time, as in, i do not pump/latch all the way till clear. so the brain sort of send signal to breast to reduce supply since demand has lessen..

Hi Pei Pei! I initially suspect teething but noting le. I check his gums for few days liao.

Oh when your girl teething, did she lose her appetite? My boy not been drinking much lah. Lost interest in his milk. I still thinking if i should change milk brand or not. Mmmm....

Today his lower lips blue black, make me more panic!! Worry oh.

Starrz, my gal kept sucking her lips since almost a month back! Think her gum feels itchy or discomfort bah. So the teeth might come later.

Possibly teething will lead to loss in appetite cos gums not comfortable mah. Touch wood, so far my gal is still feeding well. Maybe I'm using latex teats that's why. Softer to drink so not That painful when she drinks. But she does wake in the middle of the night crying at times.

taurus, my #1 was on steroid cream for about 1 full year.... but not all the time put the cream... only when flare up quite bad then i put... else i just use adeerma (can be bought at guardian) cream / lotion on her.... her skin is also dry one lor so now i just do daily maintenance on her..
my #2 no eczema but her poo will have blood whenever i consume dairy / butter and i saw the blood when she was 3 months old.... so since then i've been off diary till now.... including bread lor. but helps me to lose weight real fast! haha... cos no more bubble tea which is my fav....

Superwalker, hope Timmy is ok now!

Has anyone heard of World Book before? http://worldbook.com.sg/about/

Angeline, I'll transfer the money to you by this afternoon.

MBJ, thanks for all the coordination. I will attmept to collate orders for KOI if nobody else is able to do it :p But I have no experience in this and will probably need help from the "experts".

My baby having slight fever, 37.7 degree, but no injections. Can eat n sleep as usual. Only cranky when i wipe her just now. So i carry her around n she cried til asleep. My maid says it's a sign that bb will be able to do something new or grows a tooth. We saw 1 tooth but her incisor tooth (she had. 3 incisor teeth that disappeared), so not sure if this is new tooth or not.

Went to see pd today. Bb got cough but pd say no running nose yet. But bb jus develop running nose n became v cranky. PD say cough n running nose also part of HFMD symptoms but pd say currently not hfmd.. Hope it's jus normal cough. Bb hor cry n cry, rather cranky.. Make me so tired also. And pd say ask me to start cereal next week!! Alamak shldnt had say die die start cereal today... Sshh!
Thanks all mummies for the concern!

Angeline: I have transfered the payment for the flask for you. Please confirm you have received
happy.gif

Agata: My girl's going thru the same thing as your girl. Suddenly has slight fever last night and after a dose of paracetamol, the fever went away this morning. My mum says that babies have fever if they are not teething means they are growing or will learn something new soon.

didnt log in yesterday as was super bz and tired...now i'm aching everywhere...hahha

eastgal, koi is a brand of a bubble tea...very yummy
happy.gif
there is one near ur new hse...at marine parade...

mbj, can no prob...i work with excel everyday
happy.gif

carol, u shd reduce the the no of pumps slowly...like to reduce the time taken to pump for tha pump time tha u wanna drop, then slowly drop off...after a few days, ur body shd be able to take it...

taurus, u shd take other food tha u can take so as not to be so skinny la... nvm la, if ur boy with senstive skin, he can be "excused" from certain things in NS...

Baby's fever got worse to 38.7 at 7 am. Now37.9 degree but we bring her to Thomson. Bb no appetite n couldn't sleep from 2.50 am to 8.25 am, need to carry her or will cry. Q In Thomson moving slowly.

Last night helped to celebrate nephew's 21st b-day n brought nephew n nieces to watch movie, Karate Kid. It's a good movie.

PD said my bb got HFMD! Fever 39.3 degree n ulcers. Just took blood test n given bullet medicine in her butt to lower high fever. So tmrw me not working. Don't know where she got HFMD. From Immigration on Thurs, where gotlots of babies around? Or during my evening walks, when i saw other babies/tots? I thought HFMD only kids of 2 yrs n above?

ariesgal_76,
Was there any side effect for using steroids so long on baby? For my #1 she didn't have eczema when baby but also had blood streaks in her stools. But she had mild eczema after she was 1 yr old. My boy one more serious so hope like what u said will outgrow after 1 yr old. Yah abstain from certain food will lose weight.

sporty,
Yes now i am taking those food that i had abstain for so long. Now can eat Mcdonald's breakfast which I had been craving for so long...
happy.gif

Agata,
Hope ur girl get well soon. I also very afraid of HFMD when my girl goes back to school especially now HFMD cases is on the rise. Baby sick, mummy cannot sleep.
Anyone can also get HFMD especially babies and young children as their immune is still weak. Adults can also get it. So must take care.

Agata, hope you baby get well soon! HFMD on the rise. Now a days alot of sickness, bad weather lah.

Do take care of yourself too. Hugz Hugz!

Sporty_ Oh i see..ok must try when i am at marine Parade!
happy.gif

In fact I go there quite often these day as living in the east, closest please to shop will be Parkway Parade.

Agata_hope you BB get well soon!

Quick update on Kindermusik Trial and July gathering.

For mummies keen to take up trial class at Tanglin, their available timing would be only WEEKDAYS between 1230-2pm. Lesson is a 45 min duration.

For mummies who don't mind trial class and gathering to be together at Yishun The Shaughnessy, there's no maximum cap for the lesson, they'll simply assign more teachers to us should we have too many babies. For this, I'm trying to fix it on 31st July, Sat between 12-2pm. Manager will get back to me by coming Wed on the availability of date and time.

For both options, fees of $20 has to be made in advance.

So mummies, think about the options and hope we can finalise on something quick.

If most of you decides on Tanglin, then got to finalise a date, and we'll then postpone our Nov mummy gathering to another day.

Or else, if Yishun is fine, we'll proceed with trial class, baby signing talk, product tasting, freebies and all.

Mummies who keep in touch with some of the mummies who seldom check this thread, you may want to sms or keep them in the loop.

Thank you!!
Quick, quick, lots of preparation to do, so appreciate replies..
Tata!

Thanks, gals. Baby had blood test, PD said also has virus n bactery, on top of HFMD. Given lots of medicines. Spent $289 on doctor bill today.

Starz, i hope your baby recovers soon too. And hopefully not HFMD.

agata, hope baby recovers soon.
hefty medical bills and so sad to have to take so many medicines at one time. make sure to give baby lots of TLC ok.

Agata, hope ur bb is resting well and recovering now! So many medicines, so poor thing. Must be tiring for you too. Take good care of yourself too.

MBJ, I can't make it on weekdays. So I'll opt for weekends at yishun then. Thanks for organising.
happy.gif

agata, hope ur gal recovers soon!

taurus, i love mac breakfast too!!
happy.gif

eastgal, u shd
happy.gif
i always love the east, too bad i moved outta the east already...

mbj, i definitely ok with kindermusic+gathering @ yishun on 31/7
happy.gif
have u check with the function room avaliability yet? and can the room accomodate so many bbs?

Back