(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

ayukie, tha time i told him...very painful for me to walk as weight cannot support my tummy...can he give me hospitalisation leave? straightaway he said ok! hahah

Rue,
Actually is better not to work till deliver so can have sometime to prepare things and rest as when baby comes no time to rest. I quit my job and last day of work was actually 2 weeks away from my EDD but who knows I got "blooody show" 3 days before my last day and still went to work that day. Then the next day I pop so everything was happening so fast that I got no time to prepare or rest before labour.

Re: GST for overseas purchase
Do note that calculation for GST is affected by the shipping charge too. So if u r buying bulky items is best to limit ur purchase less than USD200. Just to let u know that vpost and comgateway has different calculations for GST.

xmasbaby, no need to stay in hospital...its like a long term mc...

ayukie, make sure ur HR dun count HL as ML hor...cuz some HR take HL as ML esp if its continuous...

eh i will apply under hl haha and the rest apply under ml :p
dun care wad they say .. as long haben pop hor i entitled to hl and mc mah (altho mc used up le) ..

ASHM, you use till 20 motnhs ar? My sister stopped to sterilize when my nephew turn to 10 months old ....

Momoko, yalor! We still have many other things need to buy, cot, playpen, pump, changing table, car seat..wallet big hole right?

yeah i got a list in my hp and i still have like 20 more items to go in various quanities bleahz haha .. and i think i blew a 1-2 k of my own and around 2k of hubby on bb stuffs le whahaa

ayukie, u play by ear lor...see how is ur "condition" in oct then decide ba... wow, u spent almost 4k on bb items already? wow...thas alot leh!

momoko, p3 i not sure la...sekali p3 really have...suaku one is me :p hehhe

sporty - haha no lah actually i think ard 2-3k bah in total haha .. and still more to go ..
the stroller the playpen and etc and the breast pumps, steriliser and a gold necklace with pendant around there le lor and hor the gynae fees and all the tests etc wahhh really around 4k leh .. somemore hor bb stuffs nt cheap leh .. i dare nt even count the costs manz ..

Xmasbb, tink I not getting play pen first, coz I may end up putting my dog inside instead of bb. Hahahahaha.

Sporty, keke, no la, I oso din ask the person. I muz make sure I rem to ask before I buy nor lidat. Sekali those hooks cost me another bomb and I gong gong take for granted it comes with it.

ayukie, u so cute...even count in gold necklace??!! hahha :p

momoko, the hooks can get from daiso la...cheap and good...hehhe

o yeah this reminds me i haben order the ameda pp funnels and the wide neck adapter as well haiz ... more cost .. *shudders**

sporty - erm because of my dear sonny thats why buy 1 mah .. erm i also not born in yr of bull wor hahhaahaa of course can count lah ..

Sporty, oh I so love shopping at daiso! But my hubby dun let me go coz I always go mad inside, need oso buy, no need oso buy. Hahahahaha.

Ayukie, y do we need thermometer?

For thermometers, my friend advice me to get ear thermometer for baby. Based on her experience after using all types, she find that ear thermometer is by far the best - accurate and easy to use for babies. She recommended Braun but that is very expensive. Am still looking for cheaper ear thermometers. Think the Omron brand like not bad.

momoko - just in case

ashley - yeah ive used onmron digital thermometers before nt bad ..but then hor forehead thermometer better for babies rite ?

actually ear thermometer the temperature taken is already higher. means not very accurate.. cos it depends on how u put the thermometer in etc.. forehead thermometer is better for baby.. for my kids now i use the normal one to put under their armpits cos they're older le so easier. but if use the normal one on baby.. think will take forever to get the temperature taken. lolx..

ladies,
thanks for ur contributions on taking leave b4 labour. Will see my condition then. the reason for not wanting to rest at hm cos i live with my MIL
sad.gif

anise,
i bou Techno XT thru the roadshow at KKH last sat at auditorium. Hw abt u tell them u r kkh patient, then was thinking abt it tt day, so can't decide on that day itself so delay till now.

ashley,
i ordered my braun ear thermo thru a oversea spree. paid half price of wat's sold here.

rue, i also hope to work till i deliver..
but my boss prefer me to handover earlier to temp staff, so might take 1 wk AL before edd.. see how.

any HR personnel here?
want to chk if i want to apply no pay leave after ML, what's the usual procedure?
do i apply now or apply during my ML?

Hi morn all

stroller
I have a peg perego passed down from bro in law.it's really gd for newborns n I thought it was the most comfy pram ard.
But as yr bb gets older,u'll find it a chore even to just load n unload into yr car boot.my hb used to compliment the pram alot(I must say the pram is really gd in all ways except the weight).everytime we go out,my hb will try to "Siam" bringing the pram out cos it's really heavy n bulky.
We have another maclaren quest n is very happy to use it now as my gal is older.lightweight,easy to manouver,folds easily.cos we won't be bringing bb out too often for the 1st 3 mths and even if I do,I'll use a sarong sling(cos bb can slp better in it n they r still "lightweight" enough to be sling ard easily.

Thermometer
I have both the Braun n infra-red thermoscan.
Braun is gd but my gal tends to wiggle while I'm taking her temp.so i end up getting the thermoscan whereby u can just place it a short distance away from the forehead n the temp reading is almost instant.this thermoscan is used in hospitals n childcare centres.it is more hygiene n don't need probes.
I bought both from overseas spree which is cheaper by almost half.

morning all
happy.gif

momoko, yeah...i agree we always end up with lotsa "goodies" after shopping at daiso! haha... a thermometer is needed cuz its good to measure ur bb's temp if the bb's feeling hot or unwell...so better get one...i bought the one from braun...not bad
happy.gif

rue, ic...no wonder u dun wanna stay at home before ur ML, becuz u stay with MIL...can fully understand!

morn ladies

saintbaby
but i tink forehead thermometer is not very accurate. Even my family doc oso said the same thing. I went to his clinic a few wks ago for meds & I saw some mothers asking the nurse to take the temps 2 times coz they find that the forehead thermometer not very zhun. I asked doc why still using it, he said altho not zhun but it's faster as his nurses will be facing many patients.

Re: cloth diapers
can't rem who ask abt cloth diapers. I bou another pack of pureen cloth diapers frm BHG sale yday, thou my MIL doesn't like it. Cos kiddy palace staff said pureen can last longer cos thicker.

Pigeon, tollyjoy, pureen items are on 20% discount at BHG. Spent >$50, & received goodie containing NUK ceramic mug, baby bib, teether & small sample of lotion. I think i'm almost done with my shopping. wonder if there's any more stuff to buy during taka baby fair. most likely will pop by after work instead of wasting my AL.

Oh, received a phamplet yesterday saying Tangs cardholder who spend >$300 can get free braun ear thermometer IRT4520.

devlina, think i read before...ear thermometer better for bbs...but the thing is...when they get older...u have to "fight" with them abit before they let u insert it into their ear...

rue, u plan to use cloth diapers for ur bb? thas why bought another pack? sounds like u almost bought everything le!

funne, usually i will come out empty handed if i dun have shopping list with me also...hehe...

morning ladies,

xmasbaby - Yes still sterlising his bottles, guess its already a habit
happy.gif

thermometer - i am using Braun and so far ok, even the two PD i know are also using the same one.....

Rue.. Thanks I will try that method.. anyway am thinking if i should wait for the taka baby fair first. Anyway shall see how it goes.. will squeeze hypermart once again..

Jane.. I was asked to paid about 12xx++ can't rem the details.. i think they collecting the basic amt first.. How much they charge u? same as mine?

Xmasbaby.. as what i know, they don't have black, silver and pink. The rest still available.

Hi Mommies,

Just a quick update for those who have been following my blog on personalised beanies (bean sprout pillows) and baby apparels. The site will be updated this week with our latest beanies and clothing done for special babies, so do check out:
http://lilprecious-lilbeanie.blogspot.com/

Our products make good gift ideas for friends with newborns too!

Have a nice day
happy.gif

sporty, actually i wanted to go fox bb to buy some clothes.. but very messy till i just don't feel like buying anything.. haa..

devlina, now my son plays the thermometer like a toy...he will come and measure for us also... *faints*

funne, yeah...i get what u meant...i came out from fox empty handed a few times even tho there's good sales cuz i lazy to flip those items...heheh :p

taurus033, really? so according to your experience, if amazon charges me US$199 (including amazon shipping charges), and vpostusa charges me S$50 shipping charges, u think GST is applicable? If applicable then I should break it up into 2 shipments laio....

morning ladies.

see below for queries on import gst. hope it helps.

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/cle/Internet+PurchasesPostal+Parcels.htm

Goods and Services Tax

There is a 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) levied on all goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts, food preparations and dutiable products, imported into Singapore. GST is calculated based on the CIF value of the goods plus all duties payable. If the invoice value of goods does not include insurance and freight charges, the postage charge paid for the goods is to be taken as freight and insurance charges, and is to be added to the invoice value of such invoice for calculation of GST payable.

GST relief is granted on goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts and food preparations but excluding dutiable products, imported by post to a total value not exceeding $400. Where the value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

sporty,
my MIL wanted to use cloth diapers, so bou total 24pcs, 2 pack for her. Gd lor. Can save $ & env.. Heez
haven run thru my list but think more or less settled my shopping leh. Can't trust man to do shopping if i can't finish all b4 going into labour.

Funne,
I did not bring shopping list w me yday. Merely walk around & grab whatever i think i hav nt buy & wld need.. heez..

liquid detergent for clothes or powder detergent better? Undecisive betw Tollyjoy liq or powder detergent yday. Bou liq one in the end.. Btw, pigeon only carry powder detergent right?

rue, actually bath thermometer not necessary, u can use the shin of ur arm to test for the water before u put ur bb in! if ur MIL is willing to wash all the cloth diapers then ok lor...my mum at first wanted to use cloth diapers, after 1 day she buay tahan then switched to diapers all the way! hahha... pigeon also have liquid detergent... actually both are abt the same, juz tha the powder one can use longer la...i rem i bought the powder one for my boy's laundry and can use for more than 6 mths! haha

hihi!
wah... today's topic on thermometer ah... i got braun.. it's really a challenge to insert the thermometer into a cranky toddler now.. hehehe.. :p but i realised my thermometer takes quite long for the reading leh.. my GP's ear thermometer only took 1-2sec for the reading.. mine at least 3-4 sec....

planning to go kidzloft on fri to get the carseat at 50% discount.. :p but hor, wondering wat i shd get leh.. personally, i like britax.. but they dun seem to carry it leh.. is safety first's carseat gd? how is it compared to britax?

rue - pigeon carrys both liquid and powder detergen as well as softener for made in japan products i think only liquid softener and powder but largi expensive for small quanity no pt ..

ayukie,
ya.. no point getting softener.. n hor, not gd to use softener oso... coz it's stay on on the fabric mah.. some babies who have sensitive skin won't be able to tahan the chemical residues...

shihui, what thermometer u using now?

ayukie, i juz realised its u who asked abt bath thermometer...hahha...paiseh paiseh...see my reply to rue...ehhe

o yeah do you all get breast wipes ar ? i saw this box from nuk .. good ? ive not seen other brands of breast wipes tho ..

Back