(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

Oh more mummies popped!
Congrats miemie, ww and Diana!
happy.gif

look forward to seeing your cute babies pics soon!

Congrats to all the mummies that just popped. It's so exciting!

Was just talking to Diana on FB last evening and now pop liao!!!

Welcome Jasmine!

Pls add me in FB coz wanna see all the cute baby pix, [email protected].
happy.gif

Hi mummies

Can I join in? Have been reading alot in this thread and it is so heartening to know so many of you have popped. My edd is on 21 oct, same as jasmine, and a few here. I have always thot my birth plan should be natural and if can, no laughing gas no epi... I want to go thru everything the natural way, including the pain... Lots of anticipation... But i may have to deliver early, as my gal still doesn't want to turn down so not engaged and amoitic fluid level getting lower, so gynae suggested c-sect. Was upset for a moment, but after thinking thru it, what's important is the safety of baby and me.. now couldn't care what method, but just follow the expert... All of us will be most happy to see baby safe and healthy.. Now going to c gynae and do CTG then c what he says...

Oh.. Congrats to all the mommies who have delivered!!
happy.gif

Congrats Mie and Diana!!!!

I've been feeling rather fluish and queasy since this morning. Actually vomitted after a glass of water.

Been having menstrual cramps and back pain.

Could this be a sign of early labour? Anyone have this experience before.

For my first one, I dont remember getting this sick. For the other 2, it was induced and not natural labour, so I didnt feel anyting.

<font color="ff0000">Glamourmom Nursing Tanks></font>

Anymore takers?
happy.gif

check out www.glamourmom.com for the colors and sizes..

Prices on the website is in USD..
But i've secured a good price in SGD...
PM me for the price list as i dun belong to this thread so i dun come in here to read the posts.
happy.gif

We are doing a fast spree hence closing date for order is 4th oct, Sunday, 10pm.

ONE more day left!!
happy.gif

Free Normal Local postage included.

Expected Arrival is: 3-4 weeks via Vpost.
happy.gif

Morning everyone!!! i am up bright and chirpy.. AT THE ZOO!! :p

the weather too good to be missed.. it looks like it is going to rain but no sun kind.. i pray it stays that way.. miser and ah teng gone inside to 'find their elephant/giraffe/zebra/barney/bb bop/BJ' while i sit outside ben &amp; Jerry.. surf and finish up some small tasks for work.. kekeke.. best of both world arrangements! :p

congrats diana!

dreamygal/hippo/PY: kekekeke.. ya. booked first.. dun care.. later all the princesses coming out. i also do the same..think it is necessary to help my sons to 'establish a bigger network' first... kekekekek

Queen: backpain and menstrual cramps yes, but vommitting.. hmmm.. i dun think so.. though i also have been having some burping episode.. hey. ur fourth one wor.. must be more vigilant! :p

welcome candy_white
happy.gif

tien: i like ur 'in other words, dun argue with her'.. kekeke. i think i wld deliberately raise my eyebrow and replied' we shall see'.. just to tease her slightly if she is my gynae :p

Mrs L: heng no chinese name! :p else i tink u need to make a name stamp for James to use in school liao! :p

Xoxo dear, how are u feeling today?
happy.gif

sotong: aiya. .paiseh lah. i am very sorry. but u got to take more initative to 'round up the gals' for ur boy ah.. whahahhahahhha :p

Congrats Diana!! Btw, under what circumstances would the gynae suggest emergency c-sect? Take care and rest well wor.. =)

anette: Think the block number's 651.. Tis beside the staircase to the carpark and there's one big coffeeshop there.. there's only 1 med hall there.. =)

xoxo: have been a silent reader in this forum.. Think in your very old posts here, ya did mention that the reason why you chose ur gynae was because she's those composed type and can give ya sensible suggestions/ advices right? as ya said that ya tend to worry.. So if that's the case, tis best to listen to your gynae as she has the experience and had been in this line for so long, she is the best person to offer advice.. Like what longrjas mentioned, your hb may have his own ideas, but to be able to totally consider all kinds of situations and the possible solutions is your gynae.. for your safety, maybe it would be better to listen to your gynae... just my 2 cents worth.. hope that ya'd find your solution soon... =)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.. Isabelle is having a slight jaundice, now under the photo therapy, and I can be discharged today, but have requested to stay for an additional day so that my wound heals more and will be easier for me to get around un-aided at home..

Congrats Diana, we have made it, though emergency c-section, but the ultimate present is the best gift ya? Heehee.. Baby Asher's so cute!

Astro>> Booking Isabelle now? Heehee.. Must pay deposit first leh.. LoL

Xoxo>> Sorry I din reply your sms! And hope all will go smoothly for you okie?

All the actions happening in our thread now!!! Everyone's in gan chiong mode now ya? I will update the table when Im home la, can you all PM me the details so that its easier for me to update? If not i need to scroll back to the archives to do the updating! Thanks ya!!

AStro: Saw your fb post...was guessing that you are at the zoo! Soooooo fun!!

About my gynae, I won't dare to tease her definitely...she is scary!! Very matraich but somehow feel very assured with her around. So far, very very encouraging. Even encouraged me when I told her I want natural without epi and been monitoring all my infections so that everything is set for a natural birth. Problem is, she knows everything and we know none hahaha...Think based on her experience she seems to be suggesting that my girl might not be out so early. So far, my last 2 appts always end with her saying, "we shall wait!" SIGH!

Wow Diana, you hv popped too! Congratulations! So you got your wish, a Mooncake festival baby?

Also congrats to other mums who hv delivered!

Yesterday, noticed my feet became pig trotters already. Swelled quite significantly. No wonder I cant walk properly or stand too long. They actually swelled somewhat a few weeks back but had since gone down. Now, back again. Urgh ... anyone of you faced this swelling and subsiding scenario?

tien: kekeke. coz teng has been nagging tat he wants to go to the zoo.. and my family zoo pass expiring in nov! nov, we where got time go zoo?!
happy.gif
.. then miser bought his 1k camera lens mah.. he itchin to take photos. he said he will gao dim teng.. then the only thing is i no strength to work so much.. so i told him. i sit outside surf internet lor! :p here got wireless @SG.. even if that fails. miser's hp got singnet wi-fi facility.. so u see.. really fool-proof.. kekekeke..
ahh.. ur gynae.. matraich ah? :p.. i do agree.. i like a gynae who knows what she is donig.. but if overbearing. then i will grumble.. at home :p

mie:aiyoh.. must pay deposit one ah? alamak..

Bluesea: i think we all face the swelling and subsiding scenario at some pt of our preg.. with teng. my legs kept swelling thruout.. with yu he. veyr minimum. hmm. i am beginning to think increased walking/activity helps in curbing the swelling leh. i been made to walk so much these 4 mths.. haiz.. :S

Astro>> I see. I never had this swelling thingy with my 2 previous pregnancies. But this one is really different. Walking helps ah? I was actually thinking if I had walked too much!! hahaha ...
lol.gif

Astro: I see...well not too bad. At least you are preoccupied with something. Weather is very cooling, finally. As for my matriach gynae, usually I am not the one complaining...it's my hubby hahah...my hubby always says I am always so meek in front of my gynae so unlike my usual self. While he is always the one with many questions.

Bluesea: I am one of those mummies who had bad swelling since 20-something weeks. So much so that doctor give me MC to rest. Walking will help. But for me I prop my feet up when I sit and when I lie down. Feet must be propped up to waist level if not higher for the swelling to subside. Sitting and standing will worsen the swelling. My feet hasn't been swelling much since I stopped work.

mummies, i am feeling really upset with myself. just returned after gynae visit and totally can't believe that i chickened out of a VE! prior to the visit, husb n i agreed that we are going to tell the dr that we will schedule for c-section this coming fri considering bb is on the heavier side (he was 3.1kg at 36 weeks so estimated full term weight is around 3.8kg). the scan today at 38 weeks however shows that he is 3.3kg only. that really gave me a shock since i am so prepared for c-section due to bb size. with this new info, i m totally lost again since there is a possibility i can go for natural delivery successfully. when dr says, "ok, lets do the cervix check", i actually told him can don't do or not? he is fine with my decision and now that i m back home, i am so angry with myself!

Hey ginger, it's ok. Cos' you are not mentally ready. At least your doc did not insist. Do it when you are mentally ready!

Congrats Diana!!! But why Emer C sec? Thought yours is planned ???

Just bk from gynae. Bb remains at 3kg while mummy put on 400g!!

tien, he says it is up to me if i don't feel comfortable now. but the nagging feeling is what if i have dilated le? since i have decided to try natural delivery, i shd do it right... haiz. i even forgot to tell him i feel sore down below.

my husb also says i m so meek in front of gynae but like tigress wif him... haha.

Ginger,
if you not comfortable with it, is ok not to do it. Think it is more meant for mummies opting for natural birth. Don't think too much and start counting down to your bb's birthday!

ddnikz, the dr actually encouraged me to try natural delivery since bb weight is pretty ok now. so i told him ok, but don't do VE. buay tahan myself.

Hi mrs_lundquisto,

The bb massage come free together with my massage. Her name is Hasnah - 93650084. Her charge is S$70 per session no other hidden charges. I have just completed the confinement massage, not too bad at least I loss abt 2 inches after 6 sessions.

Diana &amp; Miemie
Congrats to u both!
happy.gif
Waiting 4 u to post ur birth story &amp; baby pix!

RE: Birth Plan
I agree wif sotong mum and a few others. While most ppl wld like to hv a natural delivery (myself included), but ultimately the safety of the mummy &amp; baby is of utmost importance. I'll inform my gynae of my preferences but in times of emergency, she'll decide wats the best for us both. Moreover, its the final step b4 we see the baby we had been carrying for the past 9+ mths or so.

I can sense everyone is all geared up for labour now! Hee
happy.gif

中秋节快乐!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

helo. just came back from gynae.
@wk39, bb weight no change
sad.gif
3.05kg. mummy weight increase by 1.1kg.
gynae gave option to induce but as all other checks like cord flow, not around neck, bb heartbeat still okay, have option to induce now or wait till next week wk40. So am going to wait.. and c how.

soreness below :
me too. the nurses told me that its coz when we walk the bb weight is there so its like rubbing that's why down there we have soreness. some pple experience it as early as 36weeks.

Mie,
Saw your bb's pics in FB. Not sure why but can't seem to post my comments. She's a very sweet bb. Congrats!!

ginger,
How you managed to put on so much weight? but my 400g is 1 week's "effort" leh... and worse, I didnt really eat much
sad.gif
boh hua... haha... should have eaten up the last mooncake that is in the box. My overall addon weight till today is 15kg
sad.gif
sad.gif

Shugar>> Samuel is in which nursery? Isabelle is in My Ladies Ward nursery, my room number is 3*7, she undergoing phototherapy now, i tink only got 2 babies under that right now..

Gal: I think better not to induce cos my gynae says if induce too early, chances of dilating is lower. The dilation is caused by the bb head. That is also mean that if we experience cramps or pain doesn't mean we have dilated.. She says even I've dilated like 2~3cm, she will still send me home and not induce
happy.gif
That is also why I'm still waiting for d day too haha.. Let's wait together. Hopefully we can pop on 10/10 haha!!

PY : i din know that. hai..rem at 37 weeks i mention i am 1cm dilated? now at 39weeks i am......"2" cm dilated. :S slow horr. hehe..ya let's aim 10-10 but you meeting your gynae tis thursday?

Yoohoo.. I went for my checkup yesterday evening. gynae did VE for me after the usual scan. I have not dilated at all eventhough baby has engaged and her head is lying very very low. Also did CTG scan, baby's heartbeat is stable. Gynae assumed that I should be going into labour within the next week.

We also enquired about inducing as I had been feeling very 'xin ku' for the past 2 weeks. Gynae said induce shouldn't be a problem now as baby is mature enough at 38 weeks+ by end of next week. He suggested we could try inducing on Friday morning if I didn't go into labour naturally by then. Then we decided if we're going to induce, might as well do it a day sooner on Thursday cos it's hubby's birthday! Hehe..

So excited now; counting down 4 more days to admit for induction on the 8th morning (after 12midnight on the 7th). Should baby decided to pop earlier then that's ok too!
happy.gif

Hi mummies...it's really dark and stormy..I am totally hiding at home. Finally had a good sleep after a dramatic middle of nite change of room due to the dysfunctional air con.

Ginger: the weight gain could be water retention.. May not be in the obvious places, could be in other part of the body. Remember I was complaining that I gained a sudden 5.5 kg over 2 weeks and as a result, my doc got a shock and sent me on MC. After the rest, I lost 2.5 kg last week and last visit, I have lost another 2.5kg. So, my actual weight gain is only 500g. So, no worries, it could just be water.

Just had my 38 week check.. gynae told me that my amniotic fluid is low. Gynae say that i need to give birth by coming Thursaday. Now i have a choice of natural birth or C-sect. If natural birth, i need to go through the process of long period of inducement. If C-sect, is just barely 1 hour of operation.But i hope my hubby could go through the labour process but i have other concern... Which should i choose??

Hihi.. saw my gynae this morn... olso did CTG.. baby's heartbeat is stable and I have no contractions yet. Read that many of you had VE done but strange leh... my gynae didn't say to do and i also din ask (now at 37w3d). Wonder is it bcos he doesn't see the need as most likely mine will be c-sect. My bb is 2.8kg now and still don't want to turn. Dr said quite unlikely to turn now. I got to choose a date soon... so i told him i shall wait till 39 weeks for my birthday and he was like "hurr... anything can happen now and i don wan to do a crash cesar"... so scary..

Btw, how do I get to the oct 2009 group in FB? I can't find it... I also want to see cute bb pics there.. Can anyone pls advice? Thanks!

ddnikz: beats me... i haven been eating anything special. my body just absorbs just a sponge since pregnancy. i used to eat 3 meals a day plus snacking in between. now pregnant le, i snack less and yet still put on so much weight.

tien: how i wish it is really water retention! u simply rested at home and lost the 5 kg? ur princess still gaining weight all this while right?

gal^: ur gynae checks cord flow and bb heartbeat using CTG during the usual scan too? i haven done any special scan so far... still the usual scan of bb tummy's circumference and femur length to determine weight. wat am i missing here? hmmm

chnyle: i m in the same dilemma too! my amniotic fluid level is normal but i dun tink i welcome water bag bursting in office. will firm up decision whether to be induced or go for c-section. r u dilated already n if bb is engaged?

mummies who r bz wit confinement nw, cant afford to log on computer, may try my way too. Using hp to log on, bt muz go hp gallery edit ur pic n resize it b4 dwnloading. Hope 2 c m0re cutie pies photos soon...

ya... Both my kids got rosy cheeks. Bt i face a prob nw... My alston got rashes all over his face, my cl say is heat rash. 1st 2day i put him wit me in aircon room slp wit me he is alrite, bt aft cl cme, she say leave bb wit her at nite so tat i can rest well, n she say she scare of cold, no aircon neded 4 her. Nw my bb got tis ugly rashes, duno hw 2 get rid le, any1 can advise? Cl put calamine lotion on him le, bt i found it useless. Cl say during i pregnant i eat too heaty food, n yalor everyday mcdonald 4 me tat time.

N i discover if i put him in my room wit aircon, the redness go dwn jus left wit rash.

ginger:

Normally she will only do the normal tummy circumference &amp; check bb heartbeat. she no check bb length for many mths oledi for me coz' she say kenot c.

Think coz' today my gynae has more time to spend with us. its only this round she use the ultrasound scan thing to check sound of the cord (the flow), amnotic fluid.

Contraction scan &amp; count on baby heartbeat gotta pay for the CTG thing to strap on belly.

Joanne : congrats again.

gal^: my gynae haven been checking bb's length for many months too. tink cant be done too since bb is curled up inside. he always checks length of thigh bone n tummy's circumference to determine weight. but he dun really check bb's heartbeat using anything special, we just see the heartbeat blinking on screen. did u request specially for the CTG to be strapped on? i tink i saw a lot of mummies mentioning it as well but didnt know it's charged separately.

Congrats to all the mummies who has alrdy popped!!! I've been rather busy lately n din have time to go thru all the posts so have missed so much fun &amp; those cuties' pic. I hope all the mummies &amp; newborns r doing well now. For those who r waiting for the big day, all the best! We are going to make it!!!

Someone mentioned abt the feet swelling &amp; subsiding. I heard this old people saying if the feet swell &amp; subside for the 3rd time, it's time u r going into labour. Dunno how true it is but I am trying to monitor my swelling feet now.

Happy Mooncake Festival!!!

clumsybabe,
We are giving birth on the same day!
happy.gif

Was still considering if I want to move the date forward.

Joanne,
Alston is cute! Looks like he has big eyes?

ginger,
CTG, is it the scan that we have in early stage of preg to hear the bb's heartbeat? I thought that one comes with ultrasound? Have that for every of my scan.

ginger: baby head is down, i am not sure if is considered engage but gynae did mention that i opt for natural birth. Gynae didnt check my dilation which i don know why. No matter how, by thursday baby has to be out.

ginger : CTG scan not i request one. gynae say do i do lor. 40bucks each time leh..ex. :S but not sure abt other mummy. maybe in their package?

ddnikz : i only did my CTG scan at wk38. and bcoz i not inducing this week she just wanna ensure no risk so i had another ctg today wk39. Heard that if induce after x hours oso need to do ctg.

Back