(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

hippo : ehehhe
happy.gif
ur posting always brighten up my day.

sigh..i m clumsy
sad.gif
sorta sprained my right ankle when walking back home yesterday
sad.gif
. now walk with a little limp. and i still going to do shopping today :p yes will take it easy.

nappy cover:
anyone using nappy cover? should e nappy cover have a slot to put the cloth diaper? i just realised the one i bought dun have slot. so er..not sure how to use. wear cloth diaper then the cover over it?

Bluesea: ooh isetan sale?? aiyah, more shopping?? hahaha, dun tempt me!!
Robinsons got 20% off. hmm and i think i did see some PJs there leh.
happy.gif

hippo: ha! right up till about to pop.. i was still good! ha.. but really lor, from that incident i realised no pt to be so persistent on certain things
happy.gif

hey.. wait till u hear more of what i SHOULD not to during parenting! hahahha. that one more textbook case of what not to do.. ha.. so u see.. i am really someone who learn from past mistakes! kekekekeke..

oh. going out now.. hey. i am so glad that i dun fall into ur category of idoits on weekends at swimming pool. coz usually this timing teng is at his swimming playdate.. kekekeke:p

sotong:walking epidural.. is what hippo explained to u. i am not sure if my gynae has that option too hence including in my birth plan lah. but like i say.. now i 'anything goes'.. but seriously.. i dun want to numb myself to death again this time :p
epidural got various strengths/numbness u see.. and we have a 'choice' of how numb to get!
happy.gif

ok. tata going out.. to get my ikea furniture!

wah sorry if i missed out replying any posts
happy.gif

joyce/shugar: thx abt the coconut info.

nomsnosm: congrat
happy.gif
wa ur bb hit 2.8kg liao

elise: oh ahha so i dun have childcareleave:p

bbless: u might wan to check if u getting HL coz i nvr know too till i called up my hr n ask abt this clause which the previous HR personal nvr tell me also. n haha she not even sure n need check it out, maybe for my wkplc,so far this yr no ppl get HL b4 pregnancy,so now haiz im only entitled to 6days of HL n kick in my maternity leave if really wan rest early.

Meiting: What is CC?CC=CCL=childcare leave? tt 1st 8wks of maternity leave is continous n dun skip public holiday, the next 8wks if taken continuous straight after the 1st 8wks=total 112(include sat n sun n public holiday). Latter8 wks not taken continous straight after 1st 8 wks then exclude sat n sun n public holiday hence consider as 40days only(8wks of 5days each)

miemie/ddnikz:mie urs so clear. ddnikz, mine same as u, cant really see baby.

hippo: try sleep more lor. i zz 12 hrs yest till this morning hehe.

gal: aiyo be more careful wo.dun worsen ur sprain.

Mrs L: What is CL?

astro/sotong: what is walking epidural? cant find the one sotong posted abt it. u mean during delivery we can choose type of epiduaral?

<font color="aa00aa">astro, happy shopping, you make me wanna go Ikea for the chicken wings...haha

gal, I am not sure how to use, I also bought but one only then i asked my sister, she said it will dirty also so i will need more if I wanna use it.

hippo, I think I eat everything I want during my pregnancy..haha.. mum not pantang,i ate pineapple when I was in taiwan (at 5 month), mum didn't say anything also. i wonder how not to eat pineapple esp. in taiwan, so sweet and juicy!

I think the only stuff I avoid is sashimi.

Re: cleaning
I am still cleaning even until now, my hubby saw me squatting and hand mopping my stairs, he got so shock and asked me not to do stunt, I know how far I can go of course. I also carry heavy pail of water until I was 8 month (for mopping the floor) but stopped after spotting, the nurse said don't carry too heavy, I listen to her but very difficult not to carry my dog esp. showering, he is 7kg.

now 36 weeks, gynea said baby already in head down position, amniotic fluid level normal, no change in EDD and i forgot to ask if engaged or not. Too early to ask?

Re: Leave
sotong, yeah, me too...no leave, no ml, we work 24/7 over 365 days...

Re: coconut drink
Wah, I love coconut drink but I always forget to buy because I will go for other drinks like sugar cane...looks like everyone here likes coconut drink ha...

Re:3D scan
Pte good leh...can see baby in 3D machine, i didn't get to see any, did you all pay extra for this? I want to ask for it but knowing my gynea's pattern, she will surely said,"what for..akan datang what.." </font>

<font color="aa00aa"> oh yah, you all bought the flask for your red dates drink during confinement, i bought those antique type one..hehe..pour out type, I prefer this one, can use to put hot water in the future to warm out my frozen breaskmilk (hopefully). My aunt said don't use those pressure type, the inner part will be stained and dirty because the red dates drink is sweet and surely will have some sendiment. just 2 cents. anyone thinks otherwise can share ...
happy.gif

annette (nlimm), yeah, 2.8kg now but gynea gave me the feeling not to take it seriouly because is not accurate, probably because of the machine she is using and based on her experience, unlike those at pte clinic, more high tech and advanced.</font>

nomsnosm: which pressure type u refering to? I hvaent buy mine, din even know need one:p Oh and i go to tt physio this morning, she just use both her hand n push inwards concurrently abt 5 times n the pain i have been complaining due to the expanding of my symphysis joint(mine she said its 1.5cm wide liao tts y so pain) goes off when i walk but its still there when im lying down.Im told to do it daily n it will help to close up the gap abit, like this within 20mins 100+ bucks so ex
sad.gif
hope dun worsen again then i dun need go back to her haha

<font color="aa00aa">annette, poor thing, I can imagine the pain... so long will heal can liao...the money, no choice, must spend..
sad.gif

Re:Thermal flask
Electric Airpot
2923326.jpg

my aunt said don't get this one...diff to wash..

I bought thermal flask, no need to waste eletricity</font>

2923335.jpg

<font color="aa00aa">very traditional right..hehee... I bought 2 at only $8.90 each

Those thermal flask,no need electricity cost at least $40 and above.

remember to get a thermal mug (metal)also then you just need to pour them out and keep the cup with you, slowly drink...then my sister told me after confinement, we can use the cup to put porriage for baby, keep warm.</font>

wah nomsnosm, we need drink so much red date drink, by the way need put those dry longan like during chi new yr?

<font color="aa00aa">annette &amp; gal^

i asked my mum(she is experienced, did confinement for my 2 aunties and my eldest sis)

She said drink it warm is better for my body, just try to avoid cold drink, I am not sure room temperature is ok or not. Maybe it is just my family,so far everyone tells me the same things that's why I went to buy it yesterday. maybe you can check with your CL if you need to get it. I think everyone has their own pattern.
happy.gif

The reasons I bought the flask also because
- we can use it in long term, cheap also, so if spoilt I can easily change another flask.
- Save energy, no need electricity like airpot to keep warm.
- We have the habit of drinking tea/coffee at home during tea break so again, we can use the hot water to make tea/milo/coffee/milk for baby in the future.
- if I have more breastmilk to store in the fridge, I will need hot water to warm up the milk, if use warmer, again, waste electricity.

Hubby is very concern about GOING GREEN, don't waste energy and water. Whenever I mentioned weather is getting hotter and hotter, he will tell me it is global warming and we have to do something to save the earth. I don't know how much we can do but just do what we can loh.

As for the drink, I asked my mum also, she told me she will cook the red dates and dry longan together, very tasty and a bit sweet and smell good also.

as for the amount, I think is up to individual, I know my husband loves red dates longan drinks a lot, I am sure he will drink mine..ahaha... the flask at most can fill up 1.5L of water though it looks big. I normally drink up tp 2 litres of water daily and mum will cook about 1.5 l for me daily. I checked with her about plain warm water, my mum is quite cincai la, not very strict, she said if I really want a warm plain water instead of red dates longan drink, just add 1/2 slices of ginger.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">angie, the one i bought is not big, is a standard size for this type of flask, maybe can fill up to 1.5 lit or less. that's why I bought 2.

yup, woodlands area, exact location is Woodlands Mart, corner store, sell a lot of chapalang stuff. I always go there and buy stuff with my mum.</font>

I was also told to avoid taking plain water coz i will create "wind". I am quite obedient when it comes to these things and I will try to follow to avoid health problems in later years...better safe than sorry...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">angie, that's why my mum said, add 1/2 slices of ginger into the warm water, don't take just plain water. this one also warn by many people.
happy.gif

my cousin who delivered during SUMMER for both her son and daughter. couldnt take the heat, you know the weather in nsw, it goes up to 40 deg cel! She ate ice cream at home...can't be bother already...haha</font>

is it near causeway pt? I'll be around woodlands area this coming week. I'll be at woodlands Ave 5 area and Woodgrove area. Is it near any of these?

<font color="aa00aa"> nope, not that area, is near the LIGHTHOUSE church.

try this
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_9907/travel_site_122830/</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> excited! not anxious, don't know why, the fear not kick in yet. hahaha. hubby and I looking forward the arrival of the little one. </font>

maybe becos of yr nursing experience, u r quite 'steady'...hehe. I am quite anxious tho mine is still some time away, a bit scared too cos I opting for c-sect....

is yours a girl or boy?

<font color="aa00aa"> mine is a boy. aiyoh, not experience in O &amp; G, dunno their way of working but been to the delivery suite once, the nurses there are really helpful, nice and give lots of assurance, it left me with very good impression so I know I am in good hand.

I think I am the only one who has no birth plan or whatsoever here. I basically leave the decision to my gynea because I trust her. I'm even fine with epi, there are just tooooo many people telling me to go ahead w/o epi but no point scare myself about the pain and fear about the labour, the episiotomy, everyone has to go thru this and why not just enjoy it... sat besides an old lady while resting at the mall today, she started chatting with me and also tell me the same thing. my mum also, she went thru 4 labors w/o epi, told me if afraid of pain, just go for epi.

You know, I have a friend, very cute, she told me just tahan the pain, because it will cost you a gucci bag..ahaha.. i told husband today, he said is ok, if the share price goes up 10 cents on monday, you will get back the money...hahaha.... don't be afraid oh..</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> she very steady...5cm then go to hospital and she could bear the pain. haha, I learn a lot from her experience, she also told me the labor pain is not the worst, is the wound after delivery, so she told me don't sit too long for the first 1-2 weeks, let the wound heal.</font>

really steady man!

does yr boy move a lot? My girl is so active these few days, she is moving all over, infact as I'm typing, she is also having her own activity inside...hehe
happy.gif

Shugar>> I am also tempted to shop but somehow my legs will scream for me to rest if I walk for some time. Guess they are protesting against the extra weight they hv to support now!! Hehe ...

Diana>> Nice flask you hv got there! Got the antique feel leh.
happy.gif

Ling: i think about 10 couples attended the august talk. the talk was quite long too - ard 3 hours. my back started to ache after 2 hours and my hb had to rub me a few times - which was nice too..hehehehe

annette: CL -> childcare leave

regaring the flask, cktang used to sell those. not sure if they still do.

Been kept awake since 4+ with a series of painful contractions. I hope it's just BH. Woke hb up and he timed them as 3 min apart. Think it's too short intervals to be the real thing but eeek, now can't imagine how the real thing will be like.
sad.gif

got some bleeding when I went to the loo. Now hanging in there till it's a bit later and give gynae a call. Haiz...
sad.gif

nomsnosm: most of us counting down. fri US mkt down wo, mon SG might not have much upward movement, me praying 4 upward to, earn back my physio cost haha.

MrsL: thx

Shugar::u be the 1st to pop among us. u got bleeding ah ,tts consider spotting rite ,y u still dun call gynae?

<font color="aa00aa"> Shugar!! Oh My...how are you now? I think you should be in hospital by now.. hope everything will be fine...

I can't remember Shugar's EDD, anyone knows when?

Annette, on friday the one we bought went up to USD1, we sold and made 60% profit, now wanna buy another one (local) and it dropped! so happy, will be buying on coming Friday. hopes it continues to drop first.</font>

according to the list,shugar's edd is1st oct.
nomsnosm, hope tomm sg mkt up for my caese la haha then i can get abit of profit
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">annette, of course la!! if we are looking at diff stock..hehehe..

oh then Shugar's baby is coming soon...hehee..

Lingxin, I got it at those chapalang store at my hood (woodlands)</font>

shugar,
ACK!!! sounds like u may have gone to hospital by now? hope everything goes well. take care and update us as and when. ... *hug hug*

a fren's fren whose EDD is 5 Oct just delivered mid week. so i was like freaking out. cos really D-day is drawing nearer and nearer!!! YIKES!!

gal^,
hahaha... u'r too generous with your compliments. i was really only ranting to amuse myself!
happy.gif

astro,
well, it's actually quite human nature to be overly anxious with the 1st born. in fact, most parents will tell you "they went OTT with 1st child" then with 2nd one just relak one corner. haha... so rest assured u'r not alone.
happy.gif

diana,
like the retro flask man. wonder if your home is retro theme. if so will fit in very nicely. hehe...
happy.gif

Hi ladies! My gynae wants me to wait for waterbag to pop or contractions to increase in intensity b4 heading off. So now just wait n see. Says bleeding prob is the show, so can be anytime or these few days.
Ahh... Tmrw is my bday!! Hope baby holds on a while more leh!

Back