(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Kiki

They try to get them to be comfortable in the water without float. She can put her face into the water to blow bubbles. Jump into the water from the wall. Kick holding those boards. But hv to help her balance a little. Swim underwater on her own for a short distance. Crab crawl on her own along the wall. hold her breath under water.

More or less to move in the water with ease and without fear. But think she's now not afraid of water and even tried to go into the swimming pool herself without me. *sweat*

Cheer:

My #1 started attending CC since last Dec. From March till now she has been falling sick. Just brought her to see TCM today, doc gave her some medicine to "bu"

Kiki
No idea how he got roseola?!?! One of roseola's symptom is high fever, but not for many days. Ian was slight feverish for 2 days, I didn't feed med, thinking it's due to so many teeth coming, then on3rd day, fever went up to 39C, panic and fed him med. Fever went down immediately and rashes started showing on his body. All these while, he was feeling ok. Rashes for 3 days, by yesterday, it was all cleared! No med and doc. How nice
happy.gif

Hi Wai Wai,

I the tcm good? Can recommend me?

DS has been completing bottles and bottles of medicines. Im so worried about the side effects when he grow up. Haiz...

He started to have yellowish mucus yesturday morning... We quickly give him chinese barley. Hoping to cool it down.. haiz..
sad.gif

Hi Cheer,

my son also has a week immune system
always got flu, cold, cough and sometimes fever
sad.gif

so, i just started him on ChildLife vitamin C and First Defence..hopefully it help improve his immune system

heard that cordycep is for immune system..may b u can ask TCM when u visit them too?
happy.gif
it's expensive, but i heard that we no need to feed them everyday...

Boasting immune system
I know it's weird to say this. But it's a fact that the only way to boast immune system is to be contacted/infected with the bugs. That's how antibodies and other body defence systems work. Assuming that the kid are eating well, getting enough nutrient, having enough rest/sleep, enough fluid intake, exercise frequently, then, exposure to the bugs is the only way to boast immunity.

Supplements only help if the kid is lacking a certain mineral/vitamin/malnutrition. If the kid is not lacking of any of the above, supplements won't help boasting immunity. But of course, no harm giving if you don't mind giving that, but make sure the dose is right, as overdose of vitamin/mineral is not necessarily a good thing.

When the kid is sick, ask the doctor enough questions on what's the sickness is about, monitor your kid closely and know that he is not lethargy, then give him a chance to fight the bug on his own, without any med intervention. That's the most effective way of boasting immune system.

In a brouchure that I got from the PD clinic, it's normal for young kids to fall sick (flu, cough, etc) up to 8 times a year, until they are older and immunity has built up.

Potbelly
How many session have u attended? My gal went to trial last sun. She is ok wif water but not ok with stranger. Whenever the instructor carry her, she will cry non stop. Once change hand, she stop.

They put my boy in the preschool class n teach him swimming immediately. I was somehow shock. He is able to swim short distance on the first day.

Mayya,
I will take up the class but now waiting for them to reply do they have earlier session. 11am was extreme hot. Think is $300/12 session as per their website.

http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/locations/excelsior-international-school-eis

Connie

Yihui has attended 1 semester. I've been observing their classes. I like the way they do it progressively. And they are really good. The teachers look like they used to be professional swimmers.

I was there for the 10am class! Which one did you go to?

Cheer:

The TCM is my mother-in-law's relative, my gal has been taking some chinese medicine for the past 3 days for removing the wind, it seems that her appetite is very good. Can't comment whether good or not, since only seen the doc last sat

Potbelly,
u went to excelsior too? Now pending for them to revert on the timing.

Saw that some of the kids from 1030 class can swim. So envy.

Not sure will my boy willing to go again or not. Last sun, he was swimming well when he saw his dad gg to toilet to change, start to cry after that. Now when I ask him whether he want to go learn swimming, he rejected. Haiz..

Corinne,
It depend on your kids. Most likely u have to be there wif your boy unless he can kick n follow instruction without u around.

Potbelly,
I proceed to enrol the class to start next week but will bring him to the public pool this week to see his reaction. Till now, they have not email me the invoice, how to we know how much to pay?

Hi all,

I will like to sell the family set for $49.90 as it is too small for my hubby. Decided to sell and get another set instead. Brand new.

Size:
Male (XL Shoulder 49.5 cm, bust 109 cm, Length 71 cm)
Female (S Shoulder 39 cm, bust 94 cm, Length 65 cm)
Child (#2 Shoulder 33 cm, bust 53 cm, Length 42cm, 1-3 years old)

5847715.jpg

5847716.jpg

Pls pm or email me at [email protected].

ic tks connie for the info. Tink will sign him up nxt yr or when he is older. Me not comfy in water and my hubby work shift so difficult to commit.

Hi Wai Wai,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Hiaz.. DS flu again... He has been having flu non stop.. I really dont know what i can do to boost immune system

Cheer,

Some bring their children to see TCM, there is one at kembangan "Yu guo" but must keep going back for the palm massage. Not sure if its effective.

Let your child have more outdoor activities especially very early in the morning. Go to parks / playground.

Hi Mommies,
Able to give me ur view.

Do u think exposure or learning is more important at their age? My gal is learning well in her current sch and they have plan to expand to K2 but they focus on learning. She know 90% of the a-z phonic sound.

Originally, I plan to change her to my boy's church kiddy. Their learning progress are slower but more independent. They have school outing and more outdoor play. involved in more outside activity (national day performance etc). Thus exposure are more.

Do you think learning or exposure is more important at their age?

Connie

Just my 2 cents worth... other then breaking learning into 'learning' and 'exposure', how about other factors eg If she's happy with her current school, why change? Unless your intention is for both to go to the same school. Learning progress also depends on individual kid, which type is learning method is more suitable for your child. Even if school teaches a lot but child can't absorb, also no use. Or a child who is curious and attentive can also learn a lot from outdoor activities/play/excursions etc.

Itsy,
Can see she is learning with all the action and singing at home. the current one progress individually while the other one might not. Yes, my original plan is to put both in same school but now seems like she is picking alot from current school and they are expanding to K2. When I enrol, only pg. With her character, if I change her, not sure can she learn. After 3 mths, she still keeping quiet in current class. The other school got more students and quarterly outing + adhoc performance.

Hi Kam,

I heard of letting his body fight the bug without med intervention. But i never know how..

What kind of bug we can try without med intervention? Flu & Cough?

Without med intervention meaning we only give natural things like fruits, more water, no aircon.. like dat?

<font color="0000ff">Cheer</font>,
Recently came across a website, which I think the author has explained very well about flu and cough, take a look - http://drbenkim.com/cold-flu-difference-health.html.

I also like his other posts about how toxins affecting our health - http://drbenkim.com/toxins-cleansing-detoxing.htm. And a few other posts too.

Without med intervention meaning don't give med when the kid is ill. But have to monitor closely, and not recommended for kids <1yo if you are not confident enough. Just make sure he gets some fluids so dehydration would not be an issue. If he wants to eat, let him eat, if he refuses, just let him be. On a long term, yes, more fruits and more veg, for sure. And cut down on processed food, give natural food as much as possible. Air-con or non air-con is up to you bah.

Kam,

Wow! Thanks so much!! I definately wish to boost his immune system. Am soooooo worried looking at the amount of medicine he is taking.

Just started him on sambucol but realised it has glucose. I may try sambucus instead which is sugar free.

Cheer,
As the author of the website explained, it takes a long time for the change to take effect, a few months perhaps. So you need to be determine. As he said, you don't really have to give anything "extra", but to watch out what he eats, to minimise all "bad" stuff as much as possible.

My kids eat like normal kids, as in non-organic, and occasionally having sweets and other "indulgent", they are okay, fall sick quite seldom, once in every few months, but able to recover on their own.

I have a friend whose son is on total veg diet. First 2 years are strict organic. He never fell ill!! Only when he was >2yo, my friend went non-organic, but still on total veg, so far, her son only fell ill twice, now that he is 3.5yo.

Not saying have to go to the extreme end to give organic and be very strict on the diet. But just be more alert and watchful to avoid MSG and processed food as much as possible.

One hour of outdoor per day helps too.

Kam,
ohhhh... okok... DS is sick soooo frequently that he has no opportunity to take his 18mths booster vaccine and MMR.

1 hour outdoor, but he attends cc. I cant find time for him to go outdoor other than weekends leh...

Can we also try let his body fight the bug when having mild cough? Like about less than 10x a day?

cheer,

your son attend CC, i'm sure got outdoor play every other day rite? can't be couped up all day inside the CC ctr. which CC does he attend? wow, you're really late in taking the 18mths booster and MMR. your PD says its ok to drag this long? how abt the chicken pox vaccine?

Hi kiki,

Thanks for the reminder.. i really forgotten about his vaccines.. coz he is sick soooo frequently. Just brought him for his booster. :p Scheduled his MMR next month... hehe

<font face="calisto mt"><font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">All Sept 2009 Prince &amp; Princess,

<center>
5999292.gif
</center></font></font></font>

Hi Potbelly

My gal has eczema too.
Unfortunately Calendula didn't work for her.

Got a steroid cream (Dermasone) and a moisturiser (Aqueous Cream) from the polyclinic, these are manufactured by ICM pharma. Now condition is under control. I like the moisturiser as it relieves her of her itch quite well. U can also find this moisturiser at Watsons, Guardian, but it's more expensive there compared to polyclinic.

I was reluctant to use steroid initially, but she scratched until her skin's all broken and bleeding, and the scars are quite bad. After the first few applications, it's much much better. However i think steroid is not meant to be used for long term.

If the condition is bad and calendula cream doesn't work, bring ur kid to see doc for an assessment before it gets worse.

RE: Eczema

My son has eczema quite badly for a few months when he was about 1.5yo, till he couldn't sleep well cos he kept scratching. We are very lucky cos he outgrew it! His skin is still dry but never have an outbreak for the past 2 years (*touch wood*).

We used steroid cream (Elomet) on him when it's really bad. Applied thinly and once a day only. Also switched to California baby product - not only the calendula cream, but more importantly (as I learned from other mums), the shampoo and body wash. Have to use an organic or better quality shampoo and body wash, that affects the skin ocndition a lot. And have to apply the calendula cream diligently, or if you don't want to use the calendula cream so often (cos it's ex!) then should at least apply moisturiser everyday, cannot skip a night. We applied the calendula cream quite sparingly and his condition improved and eventually totally gone.

Recently read this blog about CURING eczema. It sounded like miracle, unbelievable, for your reference if anyone wants to give it a try - http://coffeesncookies.blogspot.com/2010/08/ambers-allergy-doctor-tangkak.html.

Eczema

I was also prescribed Elomet. I have only used it a few times but I don't really want to use it. I have been diligently applying the Sebamed Cream on her for every 2 hours. All her patches are gone except for one stubborn one behind her knee. That one she keeps scratching until it's bleeding.

So I'm thinking of getting something else to cure that patch. She's already using Sebamed Shampoo and Body Wash. I think I shall just try out the CB Calendula cream things and see how it goes. Have to give it some time to see if it really works because it's not an overnight thing.

Will update if it really works!!

Hello everyone! How's everybody doing?

Just wanna wish all Sep tots a Happy Birthday and many more to come!

I hope everyone's doing fine! Cheers!

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mommies!

Need help!!

Anyone got friends living in the states?
Esp friends or relatives with little girls...

I made a recent order for some non-toxic nail polishes for some friends and Jaelle. http://www.piggypaint.com/
But am now being informed that Im not able to ship it back.

"The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) considers certain items, including aerosols and alcohol-based products (e.g., pressurized spray cans, hairspray, perfumes, nail polish, etc.) to be Hazardous Materials and requires them to be shipped by ground transportation only.

We're committed to delivering your order as quickly as possible, but we want to do it responsibly and in compliance with DOT regulations. Therefore, orders containing restricted items must be omitted from your package before shipping it outside the US.You have the option to return this to the merchant or discard the item.

Should you wish to return, we charge a returns handling fee of USD5.00 per shipment. There will be return shipping fee which is chargeable at USD6.00 per order for packages of 1 kg or less. For packages weighing more than 1 kg, we charge an additional $1.00 for every 0.5kg of additional weight."

<font color="0077aa">I really wonder how ppl spree OPIs... It really didn't occur to me that I'm not allowed to ship it back at the point of ordering.

My orders as follows:- (Prices in USD)

1x Cuddles and Kisses Gift Set 0824
http://www.piggypaint.com/gift-sets/cuddles-and-kisses-gift-set-new.html
$24.99

1x Sweetpea 0025
http://www.piggypaint.com/piggy-paint-nail-polish/sweetpea.html
$8.99

1x Fairy Fabulous 0026
http://www.piggypaint.com/piggy-paint-nail-polish/fairy-fabulous.html
$8.99

1x Glass Slippers-clear sparkle 0020
http://www.piggypaint.com/piggy-paint-nail-polish/glass-slippers.html
$8.99

1x The Tippy Toe Show Gift Set 0802
http://www.piggypaint.com/gift-sets/tippy-toe-show-gift-set.html
$24.99

</font>

If you have friends living in the states and they dun mind taking the order/ you buying as a gift for them.. please let me know! PM me!

THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE!!!</font>

Back