(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

happy birthday and hope all september babies have a blast! (i for one am stressed cos planning my little one's party in a week!)

anyone has good suggestions for party games? i have 9 kids coming and the age range from 1 year to 6 years... or should i just let them eat and wander around by themselves?

Hi mummies,

Happy birthday to September babies! Hope you had a blast!

I'm having a birthday party for C this weekend but the weather forecast doesn't look too good.
sad.gif
have to pray for no rain.

Citrus
Your kids age range is pretty big. So is mine as I'm inviting mostly my frens n their kids rather than C's "friends". What I had last year was a pool party... So kids of any age can own time own target. As for this year, I just rented some kids slides n put up some crafts for them to be kept occupied. Think the older kids might be bored but what the heck, can't please everyone. U might wanna rent bouncers, they are a hit with most kids.

I think if the age group is too huge, it's rather tough to get them to play the same game. Well at least I think so, if I'm gonna be the party organizer. If I need to hv party games I'll probably hire the professionals when C has another party when she's older. I love kids but I cannot imagine trying to get the attention of 10-20 of them singlehandedly plus have to entertain my other guests. :p

Mummies, any of your babies are having prolonged cough this period. I think it's the erratic weather. C has been coughing for weeks, got better then started again. V heartache to hear her cough at night. I remember there were some remedies mentioned in this thread... About almonds.... Can anyone help recap for me what I can do to make her feel better?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.
=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play.
sad.gif

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

Hello Sept mummies and babies .

Itsy,

The sentosa beach is a very nice place, even much better than East Coast. Will be going this Saturday to celebrate Hubby's birthday. Have lots of fun.

Hi Mummies,

I am planning to bring my son for a hair cut. This will be his first hair cut experience in a hair saloon. All the while, we have been cutting his hair at home and he hates ppl touching and cutting his hair..
Any good and child friendly place to recommend?

Maelyn
Ian hates getting his hair cut too. I bring him to EC house at United sq. He will still scream his lungs out but the hairdressers there are used to giving kiddies haircut so they're used to the screaming and they're v fast.

Itsy,

Hubby and my parents just brought my son to the Junior league at junction 8. He was pretty happy playing with a train at first. Then later when the hairdresser start to cut, he started crying and screaming so badly. He kept shouting,"Dirty dirty".. Urgh.. I have a clean freak boy.. lol!

The whole scene was so embarassing that it caught so much attention from the passerbys. Lots of ppl just stopped and look at the eventful scene.. some teenagers even 'film' the whole scene on their phone -_-"" I Wonder if my son would go famous on YouTube or facebook?? (*Rolling eyes*) But some parents who went by would say to their child," You see, last time you cut hair also like that!"

hmm... At the end, my hubby and parents decided to continue cutting his hair at home until his older..

P/S: Guess how my parents cut his hair? They have to wait till he sleeps, then carry him up over shoulders, then trim his hair.. :S

Maelyn

We didn't care, as long as the hair dresser can carry on, we simply let Ian bale his lungs out and continue with his haircut. LOL Everyone will look but cos that EC house is frequent by lots of kids and parents so they understand and throw us yes-we-know look.. LOL

Must be careful he doesn't wake suddenly and get startled!

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.
There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

Ah... wonder if anyone will see this in time? Hehehe

Anyone has a reliable maid agency to recommend?

Intend to terminate my current maid and employ a new one and train her during the holidays before I pop next year.

T_T Headache.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">TAP TIGER BILINGUAL TALKING PEN</font></font>

Anyone keen mummies? For 1-7yrs old...
Consists of 18books...

hihi...

i'm currently looking around for a school for my girl. born sept 09. am hoping for a 2-3 hours per day... not really childcare cos i'm a SAHM so all the bathing / feeding etc i can still do. i live around tiong bahru so hope to find one around the area too.

any recommendations?

.... anyway i cut my girl's hair myself too. and when she's asleep! turn on aircon, let her lie down, and cut away. of course it's always crooked so one hair cut always take 3 sessions across 2 days to "perfect" :p

Hi mommies,
Those who keen to place your kids in MMI. Do check on the teacher background before enrol. My friend's relative commented that her nephew cannot read when enter P1 due to MMI. After I talked to my gal's teacher, she commented that MMI enrol fresh teacher to teach and some only last for a few months. Not sure how true is that but it will be good to check.

I'm thinking of weaning Ian off the milk bottle, but no idea how to do it. Any advice from experienced mummies? He is ok to drink from cup but can't drink a lot, unlike using the bottle.

Kaira,
Lucky u went to see first. Some pre-sch around jurong do not allow parents to visit before enrol. Must enrol then can sit in for 1-2 days.

Heard there are more better pre-sch in the east than west. Where did u place ur gal now?

Itsy,
Mine drink water from bottle too. They seem to drink more with it so I just leave it. But very pai seh when outing cos helper will bring the bottle to give them. Why do u want to wean them off so early?

Connie,

They always bring the kids to play under the void deck. One of the teacher actually threw the kid's shoes far far as he doesn't want to put on his shoes. The rest of the kids saw and laugh... Teacher can do such thing ??

My boy went to learning curve (Only 1 outlet in S'pore) at Tampines Mart.

The kids are so young and y the teacher do such things? Was surprise they go void deck. Normally 3hrs program don't go playgound.

How is ur boy progress? My gal refuse to talk to the teacher for the past 6 months. This week, I put #1 in for 4 days and she did open her mouth on 1st day. If my boy not around, wonder will she talk. If she still refuse to talk after this, will have to put her into my boy's sch and see will it work for her but have to pay school fees for both end.

MMI at Tampines is either half day or full day, its childcare type.

My boy gets along very well with the teachers. But he still can't speak, he will be starting his speech therapy next month.6 months quite long, maybe your gal had a bad experience with the teacher, that's why she don't wanna talk to them.

kaira,
where is your boy going for speech therapy? can share with me more? when u say he can't speak, do u mean he can't speak at all or he can speak a few words here and there? thanks.

itsy,
talk abt weaning from bottle, i've also thought of it but its so difficult. somedays i let her drink fr cup but fr straw, she can finish the same amt if she wants to. but drinking directly from cup is still SUPER duper messy, spill all the time all over herself! so i kinda gave up on that for the moment. can ian drink fr cup without spilling? maybe he just need more encouragement.

Connie,
Actually 2 yr old is not early to wean off bottle. Just right to start. Mainly also cos Ian can drink well from cup so I feel it's ok to wean him off bottle... just dunno how to.

Kiki
Ian can drink well from cup but he just can't sit still and finish the whole cup of milk! He'll drink a little then put down the cup, then I need to keep asking him to drink. Another problem is, he associate drinking milk from cup with cold fresh milk, so when I give him warm FM in a cup, he totally rejects
sad.gif
Really clueless how to do this.

Itsy,
My kids drink cold milk from cup too. If put to bottle also refuse and vice versa.

Kaira,
Why do u need to send him to speech therapy? My boy start to talk at 28 months so some kids are slower.

Not sure y she just refuse to talk in class. She don really talk to strangers, even relatives that she see weekly, she also don talk to them. So when she suddenly talk to them, they will go buy 4D. My gal do talk in class this week, next week will talk to the teacher to see whether does she talk since my boy not in.

Connie,

Actually I know he will speak eventually. But I see no harm letting him see a speech therapist. I just threat it like an enrichment class. haha. Before that, does your boy say anything. Currently, my boy can only say 4 words. My boy very talkative even to strangers but only ee aa ...

Is your gal like this at home too or only too people she seldom meet. Some kids maybe take longer time to warm up
happy.gif

My boy throw tantrum very frequent now. His scream can rock our HDB block :x

Kaira,
haha, rock the HDB block...... Maybe is terrible 2 ba. Will stablise after 3 yrs.

My boy v talkative since young but is babab aaaa eee.....and very fast. His speech are more stable recent month (after 38mths) and he really can talk very fast and now start to argue back. He can talk from SG to Genting. My helper said only time he stop is when he is tired. Your boy is also talkative, congrate. They can really go none stop.

My gal very talkative at home, sing n dance, quarrel with gorgor. When we are around, she also don talk to stranger / relative. Now I'm worried that she need her brother to be around inorder to warm up. Will wait for another half year before seek help.

This week my boy joining her to perform in the sch concert. My boy not from her sch but the teacher want to expose her so gorgor got to join. One thing good about this sch is they only have 2 weeks holiday in June and dec whereas the others follow MOE.

Connie,

I'm really looking forward to my boy start talking in proper language to us. I have read so many articles regarding speech delay from the web. The more I read, the more worried I become. Hai.. Quite a few people I knew say I'm too kan cheong etc.. but sometime if they are not in my shoes, they won't be able to understand.

Your boy can talk from singapore to genting, haha so cute
happy.gif

Hi Kaira,

Can you tell me where you bring ur boy for speech therapy? My son till now also dun talk much. A few words only...

mummy,

December then start . $35.00 per session 45mins. They post me to St Andrew at Simei as KK has another outlet there. Quite long wait. I got referral from polyclinic since July.

Kaira,
Wow, July and queue till Dec. Thats long.

When your boy start to talk, you will hope to have a quiet day. My boy is also late in talking, I guess my helper is the one who kept telling me not to worry, cos he chat none stop once he start, he will be able to talk v fast. As what she said, indeed he can talk quite fast and none stop.

I guess individual kids progress differently. As long as when you talk to him, do not go baba, aaa, ee. He talk to you in bb language, we must reply in words. This do helps. My brother helper replied to my niece in aa,ee baba form, end up she need to see a speech therapy and start to talk at 4. Although she start late but she is smart and get award in P1 last year.

My gal teacher told me they have to hold the counting part till my gal willing to talk to them. At least now she got sound come out. I show them the video of her dancing and singing, they were amaze.

Thanks flower4! (Sorry i totally forgot who's who!) No wor.. I am FTWM! T_T On the bright side, my ML will eat into my bond! HAHAHAHAA...

I still waiting for edufarm to call me regarding the start of the 2hr class for next year.

Back