(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff6000">Schedule</font>
Thank you mommies for sharing your schedules. Hopefully, I can set him into a good routine soon. I guess it's also me, not used to having routine at home.

We were getting it at one time. Then came his cough, and he woke wee hours, and everything got upsetted. Now, I'm trying to tune it back, but it's so difficult. Like just now, finally managed to sleep at 11, woke at 11.30pm, until now. Finally koala to Dad, so I can continue here. Tomorrow, he'll probably be up late again, and the vicious cycle continues.

<font color="ff6000">jul</font>
Yes, thanks for invite. Very nice writing! Yes, you can write very well, dun even need pics, very nice! Good job!

Jul - Can add me to view your blog?

kiki - Yep, have mentioned before during a playdate. Her bad habit of sleeping late is coming back. Here is her schedule:

8.00am - Milk Feed(she is still sleeping)
9.30~10.00am - Wake up
10.30am - Breakfast
11.00am-12pm - Free play + Milk
12pm - Bathe
12.30pm - Lunch
2.00pm - Afternoon nap (it can vary from 30mins till 3hrs). Even with only a 30mins nap during the day, she still wouldn't feel sleepy at 10pm.
3.30pm - Milk
5.30pm - Dinner
6.00pm till 10.00pm - Free play
10.00pm - I will clean her up and get ready to put her to bed. If she is good, she would fall asleep by 10.45pm else there are a couple occasions whereby, i can be inside the room with her for 1.5hrs trying to make her sleep. I make her sleep by putting her next to me while we both lie in bed, lights are off, I'll keep quiet and will tap/hum to her. If by 11.30pm, i still can't get her to sleep, will ask hubby to take over. But the way he makes her sleep is by playing youtube videos for her to see till she knock out herself. I told him before that playing videos would stimulate her brain but he said its ok, she still sleeps after that like 12ish am. sigh.

kiki - i didn't try soft music ley. I think she wouldn't sleep with the music on. Hmm, nevermind, will try
happy.gif

Itsy / potbelly - I also wish I can sleep earlier like 12+am as compared to now lor. But by the time I put z to bed and finally has time to shower etc it's alr v late and sometimes I wanna do my own stuff so ended up sleeping so late.. If z managed to sleep at 10+ every day I will surely be able to sleep earlier if I'm not doing any major hsework like mopping etc. If I go to bed w him I think I just can't get up earlier leh!! I'm just very very tired
sad.gif
accumulate until dnw hw to describe! Then if can't get up early I will have lots not done!! Wawawa.. So most impt is z must go to bed by 10.30pm!! Or all my timing rojak! 

Kiki - ohh sheryn's Chloe taking friso?! Shall check w her.. But nobody else over here taking ahh.. All taking similac?? Lolx! 

Jolimilk- I also wanna fatten my z a little.. Last time he's like Kobe burger so chubby now he lost almost all of his baby fats le.. today fil complaining say z got eat or not ah why he so skinny then that day ny mum say bathe for him all boney boney unlike my niece and nephew when they of his age so fleshy. Sigh! If z fatten a little up and eat more, I will b happier. So sian to hear all the people saying z never eat ah? Ur mum everyday sleep at hm nv feed u is it? Is e mother nv eat much nt the son lor. Hw tired the mom is also will cook for the son! Trying my best to ignore all these and pretend nv hear but very hard leh.. I'm not deaf.. Makes me feel stressed..
sad.gif

Princessxiaomei
from what I see, most babies taking enfa.

Bernice
try to tuck S into bed earlier. Ian used to sleep by 9pm then the weekend I was away in BKK, papa and grandparents let him sleep at 11pm at night. When I got back, I slowly shift bedtime earlier half hr a day. Like u, I have to pretend to sleep while he jump and play in his bed. Make the room dark and quiet. If everyday S sleeps 15min earlier, it's an improvement. Jia you.

bernice

you may want to wake her up at 7am regularly and shift your entire schedule forward. then at night. you shift her bedtime 30 mins forward every few days until like 7pm. then she will slowly adjust to the new schedule.

princess

the most important thing is that Z doesn't fall ill. Fat or thin, it really doesn't matter if he's healthy. If i were you, i will tell those ppl who make small talk to **** off (in a polite tone of course)

actually it's a vicious cycle. you just have to slowly adjust his timing forward. Like move his schedule 30 mins every 2-3 days until desired timing. And you should also have to do that for your own schedule. Or else it wouldn't help at all. and yes it's all accumulated. You have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of Z. If you tired yourself out so much that you fall ill, then who can take care of him for you.

It's ok to compromise a little. It's impossible to be a super mom.

<font color="ff6000">potbelly</font>
Yep, only 6. Yes, he eats rice, with steam fish "gravy", soups, steamegg, etc, over it. He has been having rice for sometime already. He also eats apple (slice thinly), cucumber, steamed carrot. Yeah, a few days ago I was also wondering when he can eat Ling's kind of food. I wanna make fried meatballs, stew, curry etc. Things that I like to eat myself.

Actually, I read that food texture is linked to speech development. Can YH say a few words already?
Also, may be good to intro textured food slowly, or they may reject solids even when they have teeth.

<font color="ff6000">kiki</font>
No, fever from the 5-in-1 booster. His MMR got defered to next week. I think will surely kena fever also.

SO tired, whole of last night, he was whining and whining, although there was only very very slight fever. But yay, he recovered without any medication, and thankfully only one day!

<font color="ff6000">jul</font>
Like that ah! Hm... But petite genes from who? I'm big , hb is tall. Don't tell me he got the short and small genes from each one of us. Oh...! Dr did say he's petite and not skinny cos can feel meat on his body.

<font color="ff6000">bernice</font>
My schedule now something like yours lor. He also can tahan until very late even with a short nap. Sometimes he get tired by 8pm, so put him to bed, only to have him wake up again at 10pm, then eye big big, cannot sleep.

<font color="ff6000">princessxiaomei</font>
Just ignore those people lah. THey don't know what you're going through. You yourself know what you're doing can already. Or if I were you, I might ask them to try feeding him, haha. Will it work?

<font color="0000ff">schedule</font>
Mommies, I see that most of your tots eat dinner very early, avg around 5-6pm thereabouts. Does this mean you don't eat with them at the table. i.e. just feed them only? Then you eat yours later?

bernice
maybe you can try not to dreamfeed her in the mornings. make sure she wakes up totally before u give her the milk. that way, she won't continue to sleep till 10am. she co-sleeps with you guys on the same bed is it? oh dear...watching videos before bedtime is really not good at all. yes, over stimulate the brain! maybe you can try to gather some articles for him to read to 'educate' him so he will understand it better and not think that its ok! hehe... try the soft music lah...it really does soothe the baby to sleep. no harm trying rite?

potbelly
GUG was good but i wanted to try shichida, so dropped GUG and switch to once a wk shichida instead of twice a wk GUG. i felt a bit tired having to ferry her twice weekly to GUG so thats why stopped. she will be attending a 2 hrly daily playgroup next mth on also, walking distance fr my home. i really hope that works out!

joli
yeah, i feed my girl first then we take dinner later. hard to eat together coz she needs to watch TV then she willing to eat! bad habit!!

LING, BERNICE

PM me your email to invite you to my blog?

BERNICE, JOLI

Try your best to establish a routine that'll best suit your lifestyle. What works for someone may be too early for you, or your tod sleeps less hrs per day, or your own hours need some tweaking.

That said, sam was a day-nite reversed baby! I nearly died from exhaustion the first 3 months coz he wouldn't sleep till 3/4 am! But slowly i tried to adjust.. bit by bit, like 15min or half an hr. Wake him earlier, start quiet time earlier... By 12 weeks, he finally slept by midnight. he adopted the so-called good sleeping habits soon afterwards of waking early, sleeping relatively early. My only prib is that i'm a night person myself! What a sacrifice haha

POTBELLY

i begged the guard then the ticket checkers then the audiophone people n got to stare at nefertiti for 10min. I was fighting my way in thru the exiting crowd coz the museum was closing! Btw nefertiti's the bust right?

JOLI

Petite genes could be from your parents or ILs. I'm aws paranoid that sam'll be short coz MIL n SIL are short!

Princessxiaomei,

My boy also very small size - ht &amp; wt all below 10%. I really don't know how to let him gain more weight as he is eating well. One factor could be my boy is very active.. Many people tells me it's okay, he will eventually grow but sometimes just can't help worrying.. His wt &amp; ht stagnant since 15 mths.

Hello mummies..
very long never post here, sometimes reading on &amp; off.

Saw the schedules that mummies shared... realised that your toddlers are napping once a day.

My boy still nap twice a day mostly and he sleep at 10pm usually, later if on wkends.

6am+/ 7am+ wake up + milk
after that is free play (sometimes he may ZZZ after milk)

9am-930am breakfast
10am-1030am bath
1030am-1100am nap for 1 hr to 2hrs

1230pm lunch
after lunch is free play

4pm milk + nap for 1-2hrs
6-630pm quick bath (sometimes skip)

700 or 730pm dinner
after dinner is free play

10pm wipe down + milk and sleep

sometimes wkends he only nap once if i bring him out for groceries shopping in morning or we go out on wkends.

sometimes wish he may sleep earlier at nite but bad mummy here most of the times work v late and reached home abt 10pm or so... want to see &amp; play with him abit before he Zzzz.. so haven't change his bedtime yet.

Kaira,
my boy also v small size.. one way to gain weight is to feed him Pediasure, switch his nite feed to Pediasure. That's what my PD told us, i haven't let him try yet. One of my colleagues tried and she told me it works, ie put on weight as her girl is v small size also.

Same like you, i also worried at times.. and he's v active too. Recently he has been drinking lesser milk.. dunno what happened. Still observing...

Hello mummies! My baby was born in sept 2009, am i in the right thread?
happy.gif

Posted my comments once or twice long ago n then too busy with work n everything. Gonna quit my job soon n hopefully more time now to learn more stuff from fellow mummies!

My bb's schedule is pretty much like melissa's baby. Need 2 naps otherwise v grouchy!

Re-Hi everyone!!

Been so busy am going crazy. Am very mad with my helper for lying to me. Reached home early to find the house empty. Called her hp she say feeding my girl downstairs. Brought the dog down, she got a shock while chatting with another maid and listening to music while my girl was playing at the "bench". No food. She lied saying she just brought the bowl up and came down. Scolded her for being negligent. Came up to see the bowl's content already dried up so can't happen within 1hour. Reprimanded her for lie after lie. Very upset. Hint her I miss my girl very much, been missing her milestones. (intend to install cctv)

Told my mum and hub at night. Mum say got ppl tell her my helper was back facing my girl chatting on the phone and my girl was running around in the playground. Got super upset I warned her next morning, if she's too busy to look after my girl, I will look for someone else to help me.

Today she cook bee hoon soup for my girl. Contents only cabbage and carrot. Went to fridge and find mince pork. Mum say we bought a lot but she never cook. Told her she don't eat doesn't mean my girl cannot eat (she can handle pork but don't eat). Found 4packs of mince pork mum bought. 1 dated in 10/10, 1 dated in 01/11, 2 in 03/11. Showed it to her. %&amp;*(&amp;$#@!$&amp;*( SO DAMN MAD at her.

Anyone installed CCTV? Am still scouting around with a tight budget. hmmm..

Welcome gummymummy! Yeah you're in the right thread!
happy.gif

crayon stones: Anyone wanna share? Interested to get but get 2 sets cheaper. Hehe

Nap time: My girl still having 1 nap/day, about 2-3hours after she wake up. When she was down with fever and running nose last week, she could nap 2-3times a day, due to discomfort of the block nose. Can't really keep track of her feeding schedule as I did not ask helper to take note. My mum will occasionally butt in and ask helper to feed my girl more. My girl's SO SKINNY! T_T

Hi gina, sorry to hear those things abt ur maid. Before I got my maid, my cousin told me setting the right tone and expectation from the start is v important. Otherwise they will try their luck with all sorts of tricks. I am guessing that you n your mum probably don't have time to monitor her....... Minced pork from October is so unacceptable, if I were u I would also blow my top. I think u should really install the CCTV asap, and let her know u r watching her (vs saying u miss your girl?)

What is crayon stones? Sorry I didn't follow.

Btw mummies, what is the acceptable weight at 18 months for our babies? My girl doesn't like to drink milk other than in morning and before Bedtime. She walks abt around the house a lot so also quite skinny. But I see she's happy so I'm not too bothered. Feeding her can be a chore these days, she refuses to eat unless there's tv / distractions.

Did anyone join positive tots? Any feedback? My girl is in a very bad tempered stage now, whining / crying / throwing things when she doesnt get her way. http://www.positivefocus.com.sg/

Also would like to ask mummies if anyone has any recommendation for preschools near farrer road, bukit timah, holland area? I guess I must be the only few who has not registered her for preschool :p hopefully can still get a slot!

Hi Gina...understand the frustration you had with your helper now. My daughter is also taken care by my maid since she was 6 months old. Time flies, my maid has been taken care by her for the past one year. And we had nobody at home to help supervise her except for the CCTV. I had the cctv installed just before my maid arrived, and we made it clear to her that there are cameras installed at home. Main reason is for child safety. Till today, i still facing some minor problems with may maid, of courese, i try to keep the relationship "good", nobody is perfect anyway. perhaps you should have a good talk with her now, and let her know your expectation well.

Gina, where do you stay ? and how much is the crayon stones? i dont mind to share with you if it's a good deal, let me know ya. I am staying in sengkang.

Had been busy with works, so seldom post in the forum. Will only check the facebook posts by some mummies here. Interesting
happy.gif
Hope i will have the chance to join in the next playgroup organised by mummies here..

melissa

Welcome back!

Do you wanna try delaying his na, then he'll take just one &amp; sleep earlier in the night?

gummymummy

Hello *waves*

You can check the health booklet for the weight range for a gal. As long as she stays aroudn the same percentile, it shd be ok. Your PD didn't say anything abt her weight right?

Weight

It's so ironic. The mummies here are complaining that their tods are small. Mine is too big! He's not as large as others here, but it's very tiring to carry him. Plus he's sooo strong. When he struggles, I really don't have the strength to control him. And I'm not exactly petite myself, but still CMI!

Gina

Oh dear, I feel for you. In fact, I just sent my maid back to the agency yesterday. Honestly, if she isn't taking good care of Angelyne, change. Cut your losses.

Hi Jul

I think the tods are not stronger than us, just that when they struggle, we dont want to hurt them by resisting. Hahah. My girl can single-handedly topple a whole basin filled with water

My PD didnt say anything abt weight though she's been stagnant for a while. guess its ok la.
happy.gif

Engragrow
ok i've been buying the Original without knowing there is a vanilla flavour.. hehe

schedule of S
7am - wake up to go grandma's house, milk feed
8.30am - playgroup
10.30am - breakfast (usually bread, biscuits), then freeplay
12pm - lunch
1pm - nap for 1-2hrs
3pm - milk followed by freeplay
6pm - dinner, followed by freeplay
9pm - back home, change into pj, milk and getting ready for bed.. i dont put her on the cot to sleep as she will stand up and play.. she will lie beside me on my bed. After she finally KO at abt 9.30pm (latest 10pm), we will bring her to her cot in her own room.

wkends nap time might be haywire if we go out..

melissa, i think we probably have to start delaying our kiddos nap time in the morning and take an earlier nap in the afternoon. my girl always refuses to sleep until 10+ and thats also cos i come back late from work and allow her to muack around with me. hehe.

btw, ladies, this week is my last week at work. quite excited to have a break and spend more time with baby. last 1.5 years have been super duper tiring trying to juggle so many roles, in the end, all substandard. i am sure all working mums will understand what i mean.

Who are the SAHM here? Do you have play dates?

gummymummy

Unfortunately, mine is stronger than me. At 6 mths, he could sit on my lap, push against the dinner table with his legs &amp; my chair will move backwards. That's how strong he is!

Since your PD didn't say anything, it shd be fine lah.

milkyway

Your Shanis' waking &amp; sleeping time is the same as Sam's.

jul
hell yeah...i definately agree on the 'preserve my sanity' part! lol.

melissa
ltnc! i think its very good that L can nap twice a day! i wish kimberly wld nap more if possible! then i can have more 'me time' kekeke...

gummymummy
welcome to sept mummies thread! yeah, we do have playdates on n off, do come join us sometime.

gina
sorry to hear about your helper problems. thought you stay with your MIL, doesn't your MIL supervise and oversee what your helper does?

self-feeding
so motivated after watching amy's katey self feed that i tried to let kim self feed today for lunch. problem with self feeding for kimmy is that she NEVER ever finishes her food if i let her feed herself. she'd eat yes...abt half to 3/4 then after that she'd start playing with the food or throw it off the highchair so the dog can eat it! i'm just concern if i shd let her self-feed often coz not like she's very FAT and can afford to lose weight! when i feed her she finishes all her food. so just wondering...for mummies who are letting their tods self-feed, do they always finish everything? also, i notice that when she self feed its like super slow...the food all gets cold! is that ok huh? i scared later she gets wind in the tummy fr eating cold food. paranoid mummy here!

Photo Editing

Heellpp!

I dunno how to edit my photos to make a collage of more photos so hat I can post onto my blog

Kiki

I also have not been letting Sam self-feed coz he's slow, eats less, makes a mess etc. I only let him half self-feed during breakfast on weekends. Can't let him self-feed porridge leh. Most will end up anywhere except the mouth!

Hi gummymummy!!

Kiki
at least Kim can finish 1/2 to 3/4. That's good to me. Ian will manage about 1/3 bowl. Anyway, I usually have another bowl which I'll feed him with so that he'll eat enough. Lol like u said, what's on his bowl usually ends up cold and messy.

jul
- photo editing
you can try this freeware http://picasa.google.com/

kiki
- self-feeding
I havent let Cait try self feeding yet cos she is now not even willing to eat much with us feeding. Only when she has yogurt and puffs, she will happily self-feed (under supervision). I have seen other tods self feed very efficiently (especially angmoh kids), so envious!

Gina
ya lor, tot u staying with MIL? If this helper is no good, better to change another.. If u scold her too much, dunno what she'll do to Angie.

Teething again
ok maybe I shouldn't be complainng cos Ian has only 8 teeth so far and I know there r other mummies who got even crankier teething babies... But aiyo, what's wrong with him!!!! Play cards.. Cry, play puzzles, cry. Ball, cry. Eat, cry. Driving me crazy. I see swollen lower gum with some white, I wish these teeth will cut soon. Giving me a headache.

gummymummy

Thanks! Aiyah I can't dl software on office laptop, so I can only go home &amp; do it. Argh!

Itsy

Think Sam's teeth in front of the molars are coming out too. I see white bits almost ready to 'burst out'. Sam's kinda weird. He has a few teeth out at the same time. This boy doesn't do anything by halves

jul
ya, i've tried to let her self-feed porridge twice...then i gave up on that! impossible! way toooo messy! now once in a blue moon i let her self feed stuff like carrots, brocolli, rice.

itsy
ya hor...why i nv think of feeding her at the same time?

*patpat* i know how a cranky baby is when he/she is teething! hang in there!!! it shd last a wk or so before it gets 'better'. =p

gummymummy
some of our sept babies can self feed already! so envious!!

Another question on picnik &amp; blogger :

After I edited &amp; saved the photo on Picnik, I tried to download back to my hard disk. But I cannot seem to upload onto blogger. Keeps getting Server Rejecetd message. And when I open My Computer to check, the edited photo isn't in normal format. It can't be seen on thumbnail. Why???

Teething

Kids here get cranky when they r teething.. My boy don get cranky but he drool big time..
sad.gif
my mom
Was telling me k is teething.. I was like "huh?? Still got meh??" if u c k b4, his teeth all come out 7788 Liao. Probably left 2? Nt too sure but I know he got lots of teeth.. Hahaa

jul - picnik &amp; blogger :

geez, sorry i dont know how to help you on that. All of the edits i made are saved successfully so far. Maybe you want to ask picnik customer service? oh dear, i can imagine you already spent some time editing it and now the file cannot be used! *Pulls hair*

gummymummy

I managed to save &amp; use it after trying several times. I didn't do anything different tho. *scratch head*

How do I make a collage in Picnik?

jul - picnik :

haha, sometimes it might just be poor connection then.

as for collage, go to the LIBRARY tab, select MAKE A COLLAGE, then they have very simple step by step instructions for you to follow.

Have fun!

Back