(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

potbelly

So good! I have to force Sam to sleep.

I use Old Navy's triple-roll socks with those atuds at the bottom. Sam doesn't have any other socks other than these. Coz I wanted studs for all his socks, plus he has fat feet, ankles & calves. Other socks are very tight on him. But there's not much variety, I'm afraid

jul,

i read in a book that if the toddler is too tired, then it'll be harder to get him to sleep. you can try shifting the bedtime 30 mins earlier and see how it goes.

k i will check out gmarket. thanks!!

black poo
i wonder if i've ODed my girl with too much iron fortified diet, she poo black poo today and i mean black like charcoal BLACK! look like her 1st poop except then its in 1 piece! ok gross topic i know! hope you're not having lunch n reading this! =p

joli
kimmy was jabbed on the arm for her MMR.

babies biting
read somewhere that babies/tods bite coz they got a lot of anger and they don't know how to release/express so they use biting! my girl bit me ONCE and only once so far coz i was typing in FB and ignored her when she keep asking me to carry so she can sit on my lap n ransack my desk! then out of the blue she just put her mouth on my thigh and bit me!! that definately got my attn!!

6.30pm off to dreamland.that's really early.very envious.plus so ez to fall asleep.mine on a good day,it takes at least 30mins n she sleeps ard 1130pm.super sian.sigh

Would be bringing A for her 18mth jab, isit called MMR or booster? would this jab cause fever?

joli - routine
so far kim's routine is...

7.30-8am wake and drink milk + breakfast
9-930am shower followed by 'study time' (when she start playgroup next mth, this will change)
1030am (after i'm done cooking her lunch) play time like kick some ball/sing songs/dance/do artwork.
1130am lunch
12pm nap 1-3hrs (on avg she naps abt 2hrs)
3pm milk + snack
4-4.15pm "study time"
530pm shower (sometimes shower after dinner instead)
6pm dinner
8pm milk and sleep (sometimes got storytime, if she initiates and take a book and want me to read.)

jul
PM your blog n authorise me too?

itsy
haha...u flatter me much! but thanks for the compliments! =p *thickskin*

potbelly
waterproof apron for artwork, crayola has it. i bought one for kimberly just recently at the baby expo. not bad! long sleeve and can cover whole body. at least now i don't have to scrub her clothes! i never wash the apron though =p

bernice
maybe u can share arielle's routine and we can try to help u see whats wrong. usually before bedtime, try to do 'mild' activities instead coz too much stimulation is not too good. how do u usually put her to sleep? co-sleep or sleep in her own room? the last time i remember we talked abt this at a playdate. did u try soft music?

MMR is done between 15-16mths i think (but kimberly took at 17mths), better check if u did this already coz u need to do this before the 18mth jab which is the 5-in-1 jab. check the booklet! if done surely got chop. booster i think is pri1 then take but not sure some PDs recommended some mums can take now. maybe you have to discuss this with your PD.

pampers cruisers
anyone using this now? it is SO super thin! just opened a pack to try. praying hard it doesn't leak! don't wanna do laundry again! i wonder how good is it...its like 20% thickness compared to the nepia i've been using for kimberly.

Kiki,
I thought there is a booster at 18 mths? I have schedule mine on Monday with the check up. Don't think they allow me to take chicken pox as well on the same day.

Apron
Will the toddle willing to wear? Thinking of buying too cause instead of painting on the paper, my gal paint herself.

Maelyn,
How do we add source into the JB phone? My friend told me I can't download cause of the source.

kiki
i read somewhere that cruiser not v good. abt chemical smell, pamper interior 'exploding', n rashes. not intending to scare u but do monitor.

This is what I read online, nver let Ian try b4 so maybe it's just those Ang mo being too fussy. Ian is using pampers active baby.

kiki

what did she eat before the pooing? you may find the answer there.

i only got bitten when i tried to clean her teeth and mouth and she refused... i guess it's their only defensive mechanism...

kiki,

yeah i will need to buy at the shops if i can't find a decent one online. she's outgrowing her current one. there used to be a lot of ppl selling those! where did those ppl disappear to?

connie,

so far yihui has been wearing her apron without a fuss. but she has been wearing that since 9 months.

however, she is pulling off her bib during mealtimes now though...

connie
i think shouldn't be a problem bah...its like wearing clothes mah. my girl too distracted by the paints to even notice she is wearing something over her clothes!

itsy
reall ah! ok...i better monitor closely then! the cruisers no chemical smell leh...but i was really surprised how thin it was! is active baby same as easy ups? i bought those too. also not bad...actually pampers does feel softer then nepia. lately nepia driving me nuts! keep leaking for overnight use! i'm using pampers easy ups for nite now..so far so good.

potbelly
hmm...she eats her usual food leh. don't think i fed her anything new! anyways i'd monitor. do u think its a concern? shd i ask the PD why like this ah?

connie, potbelly
you're looking for something like this rite? this one i bought says for 18mths but still very big and lots of room for growth!

5263718.jpg

kiki

yep. or else i will use my ikea ones. but the problem with the ikea ones is that they are not that waterproof. sometimes when it's too wet, it will stain the clothes.

what's the colour mat thing under the paper??

is kim holding a sponge? hehe. i should go and get some paints and sponge for her too. what paint did you buy?

Kiki
active is tape type diaper. Cheaper to use at home. Easy up is only when Ian goes out keke..
I read it's the new technology in cruiser that cause the smell after baby pees.

I wanna get the apron too! So useful, no need to worry about his clothings.. But will it be v hot wearing it?

potbelly
oh...ikea has? i've never noticed before. the color thing under the paper is a big picnic mat! i got it free when i bought the LG Prime mat for kimberly from smallsmallworld. i use it to 'protect' my floor so that i also don't need to clean the floor after she makes a mess! =P yeah, she's holding a sponge...square sponge bought from daiso. one big packet for $2 only. i bought paints fr crayola too...coz it says 'non-toxic'. kiasu mommy!

itsy
oh! so u mean the smell comes out only after they pee in it? ok ok, later i go and see if it smells funny! ya, that apron is useful! now i only need to wash her hands and sometimes her feet lah if she steps on the paint. erm...not sure if its hot to use but usually i on the aircon when she's doing artwork like this coz my study rm got no fan and kimberly perspires VERY easily!

paige
haha..interesting ah? i try my best lah else she'd be so poor thing, everyday looking so bored other then the days i bring her out on playdates!

cloudme
crayola.

kiki

hmmm maybe i will get the crayola paint and the mat... but now her new "upgraded" class has artwork twice a week. so i'm thinking if i still want to let her mess up my home.. hehehe. mess up at school, they have the cleaner to clean up... at home i'm the cleaner...

i'm now letting her doodle with the crayon rocks or pencil on the paper. but she doesn't seem to like the rocks very much. haiz. waste my money.

Jul - I will pm u my email. Will authorize u too when I got the chance to do it w laptop! Your email and your URL so funny! 

Itsy - what's your email which u give jul? Give me too. My blog v long nv blog liao.. Will try to backdate as much as I can rmb w photos I hv but a little tough cos seemed like I've used up a lot of space frm blogger and I've to use photobucket to upload e pix one by one and then copy and paste! So mafan lor!!
sad.gif
but before my hb flew last year my blog was more updated. Hahahaha! And hope it's not too kiddish for you lor. Hahahahaahhahahaa 

Z schedule got disturbed once I'm back frm Taiwan and it's so hard to shift back again! But I'm trying! 

Initially, it's like this.. 
Latch dnw hw many times depending on whether he's teething?
10+am wake up
12pm lunch
1-3+pm nap
6+pm dinner
9-10+pm sleep
In between awake hours, he can be a musician or chef when I'm preparing lunch/dinner w my pots pans bottles.
Then when I'm done, we would be playing balls or anything he would wanna dig from my bag like coins??? To put into his piggy bank. Help me tk magic clean 'sweep' floor, 'keep' laundry, sing songs, watch my show, water play before bath time.. Nv study much oopx! Hahahaha. If I'm at my mum's hse I don't hv to cook n do laundry etc, we can tk crayons and scribble, do some artwork, go downstairs and run w my niece n sis.. Boring right! Hahahahhaa ok I will try to be more hardworking n sleep lesser. Lolz.

Now... Timing rojak! 
11+ 12+pm wake up!!!!!!!
1pm lunch
3+pm nap
7-8pm dinner
11+ 12+am sleep!!!!! 

I'm trying to get him to wake up at 9+am but seriously I myself can't even get up
sad.gif
been sleeping at 4-5am wake hb fr work at 5+ 6+am to ensure he really wakes up and not goes back to zz again! 6+ 7+ am latch once.. So I really v hard to get myself up at 9+am!!
sad.gif
the moment I wake up I nv stop moving my head to toe. I would be v bz w z, hsework, meals etc. So I no chance to nap. If I'm at my mum hse or il hse, my hb usually 10+pm then fetch me back!!! And by the time I mk z zzz alr 11+ 12+am! Sigh. Dnw y Want to schedule proper and fix timing back again also so hard. I need energy to do these too. Everday so sleepy. Jialat lor.

Formula milk - no toddlers taking friso ah!? Is friso sweet? Or just nice? 

kiki

Uh oh.. black poo is too much iron. I had dark poo a few times during pregnancy coz my gynae gave me iron pills.

Sam bit me once too!

Princessxiaomei
u sleep so little already, u still wanna sleep less!??!

Y r u going to bed so late? U Try to sleep earlier so Z will follow u and then both of u will wake earlier too. Try to do housework in the day lor, dun leave till night time. Very shiong on u.

Potbelly
if Ian goes to school then I don't think I'll be so hardworking to let him do painting and arts a crafts at home lor :p

princess,

i agree with itsy. you should sleep when z sleeps so that both of you can get a good rest and both of you can wake up earlier.

itsy
i dread to think of the painting session. i suspect she will just play with it for 5 mins and i will take 30 mins to clean up!!

i will leave the painting for the school and just let her play with the paper and crayons and pencils... more manageable.

cloudme
don't mention it. =)

potbelly
since yihui does artwork twice a wk at school,i think its enough already! i only let kimberly do artwork once a wk, sometimes 2 wks once if i'm feeling not so 'on' abt it!! last time when she attended GUG and they do artwork wkly, i don't do at home at all! maybe just let her draw draw with pen or crayon, thats abt it!

princess
i think sheryn's chloe is taking friso, maybe you wanna ask her?

jul
PM you my email later.

itsy
no funny chemical smell fr the cruisers leh. but oh boy...it REALLY ballooned up! can't imagine if it exploded. that wouldn't be funny at all!

my #1 was sick last week and was absent from childcare centre for almost 1 week, this week when she goes back this week, it is back to square one as if she just enrolled childcare... the teachers told us that she would cry a few times for us... is it normal?

<font color="ff6000">kaira</font>
No leh, he likes the fries. Seems like he can eat it well, although he only has 6 teeth. But I don't give him the really small (and hard) one la. Choose the normal ones for him, and tried hitting off the salt.

<font color="ff6000">itsy,</font>
is that word thou-zhi? Haha...so cute.
Actually, my boy doesn't like potato leh. Give him the potato from soup one, he will spit out. Maybe it had salt la, that's why.

<font color="ff6000">paige</font>
I also thinking of intro-ing freshmilk. But he's quite petite, so thinking how to fatten him up. And I was thinking FM might do a better job.

joli

yours has only 6 teeth? mine only has 8. i thought mine was very slow... do you feed him rice? yihui is still on puree although sometimes she eats things like grapes and a little chunky fruits. but she generally doesn't like those and will spit them out. sigh.. wonder how long i need to keep her on puree. i'm so envious of ling's foodie photos... when can she eat those??

Hmm.. why is everyone laughing ay my blog name huh? haha

paige

No money to go to Europe anymore haha. Besides the thought of the 13h flight.. shudders..

You know, I was in Berlin only over the weekend. Spent practically half a day running ard the museums in the Museum Island area. I ran to the wrong museum to see Nefertiti &amp; had to run all the way back to the correct museum &amp; beg the security guard to let me in for 5min just to see it. Duh...

joli

Not sure if FM will fatten him up leh. My Sam took EBM/FBM till 1, &amp; he was very big-sized. Then he switched to Enfa &amp; he didn't seem to get any bigger. I think it's just genes &amp; his appetite?

waiwai

I think it's quite normal that everytime they have a long break from 'school', they'll strt crying again.

Itsy

Really? Wow, thanks! I aws thought my England CMI one. Super Singlish &amp; broken. Heehee no photos coz I posted in office &amp; I don't have anything on my office laptop.

Back