(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Thanks all for sharing info on paints.

Kiki,
I also think the same as Kam. Language must have exposure to it. That's why I'm trying to speak to him in Mandarin, though is quite koyak.

Maelyn,
The other home activity is crayon lor (how boring right?) And I opened a box of lego for him to play, building blocks as well. Haha...my son muz be super bored. Now that he can walk already, I am finding pieces of these things all over the house, when I open drawers, in the basket etc. Even my remote control went missing last night!

Kam,
In Chinese arh....I think nvm liao, hee...I tried to google for English material on this topic, but can't find so far.

Gina,
Looks like better to bring her to dentist and check.

Any toddler dentist to recommend?

kiki: My maid is the main caregiver now when I'm at work. The other time i discover she lied to me saying she brushed A's teeth. In fact, she didn't because I placed the brush somewhere else by chance and after a few days, it's still there! ARGH! Now she dun dare le. A hates to brush teeth! Now I have to gei gei demo before she is willing to open her mouth and then to keep it shut again. T_T Any tips?

Btw, anyone has an extra tube of Desitin to let go? Hehehe

Paint/Crayon! Was so impressed with Jaelle's drawing! Thinking of getting also.. hehehe.. time to buy art block and condone off the walls!

Kiki
Startots accept ur gal? My gal turning 18 mths in mid mar so they say call me back in April. They seem to have vacant every mth so I v surprise.

They don have Chinese?
E RC montissori got Chinese. So weird.

joli
my mandarin also quite koyak! u're not alone. haha...

gina
i think at this age, they don't really brush their teeth. when i give K the toothbrush, she tries to brush but end up most biting it only. but she like to immitate me, so every morning, she will stand at the vainty top next to me and 'try' to brush teeth. when i ask her if i can help her, she will gimme the toothbrush but only for a while, before she snatches it back to chew on it! i think u can try to show A how u brush teeth to let her get more interested. must start from young, then less resistance i think! if u think your maid not doing a good job, then when you're back from work u brush for her lor. u can also try to use a gauze cloth and rub for her...but she may bite your finger!

connie
yeah, but only start in April, so by then she will be 19 mths already. i think they have vacancy coz some of the kids are quite old ard 30mths so they will move on to another class? hmm... not sure...either that or turnover v high coz no good! lol.... u never know. usually the pte schools will try to add in like 15mins or 30mins of mandarin, though not all. for my place here, startots opened a new class for 11am...that one got vacancy immediately but the time is not good for my gal. so i have been on waiting list for the 9am class which is another class. so now finally got space! i think once 17 mths can put on waitlist already.

<font color="aa00aa"><u><font size="+1">KidzPlay @ NEX</font></u>

<font color="ff0000">Just a note from milkyway...
She was at the KidzPlay this afternoon and it is VERY VERY CROWDED!
Parents sure get wet!
There are alot of bigger kids so gotta watch our toddlers closely.
She also mentioned its actually for kids 5-12yrs old but she wasnt stopped by security.
Footwear and Photography is also <u>NOT</u> allowed.
Main worry is still the CROWD!

So how? Wana change venue? or any suggestions??</font>

Date: Saturday, 5th March 2011
Time: 3.30pm
Venue: KidzPlay @ NEX Mall

<font color="808080"> I'm Coming!
1) Kam + XY + HR
2) bernice(purpleclouds)+Arielle
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian
6) cindywang(shampoo)+Farrell (Tentatively)
7) Paige + Kate (erm, I will bring my dog along but she'll be with the hubs at the dog run)
8) myfavchoco + Kriden + niece
9) Gina +Angelyne :D (near my place!)
10)
11)
12)
</font>

Do feel free to add ur names if ur joining!
happy.gif
</font>

ling
i'm fine with change of venue. u gals decide bah. think if its too crowded it will get chaotic coz our toddlers don't exactly always listen to instructions! keke... plus cld be dangerous too if they get knocked over by a bigger kid.

kindermusik ok...not too bad. very short! over before i know it! kimberly seems to like it though, she had a great time, never fuss at all. after it was over still kept running back into the studio don't wanna go home! but i don't think i'd wanna commit to it on a wkly basis. cannot do too many classes lah...else mommy will be too tired and stressed!

Itsy / kiki,
LOL! No lah, after jab should avoid swimming, cos there would be a wound (not exactly a wound, more of a tiny patch of broken skin). Not good to expose broken skin to bugs (lot of bugs in the swimming pool). That's my thinking, not sure correct or not.

Ling,
Weekend is gonna be crowded at most places, I think. The one at Lot 1 is pretty good, similar to the Sembawang Splash Park. But I have never been there during weekend, so not sure about the crowd. Else, the Jacobs Ballas Botanical Garden is okay. Usually not too crowded, but it's very simple lah. How about Lower Selatar Park? Not crowded, but I think only waterplay, no playground attached. That's what I can think of for places with waterplay.

waiwai,
Not much ride for 2.5 years old toddlers at the USS. Can watch as much shows as possible, and try a few rides.

<font color="aa00aa"><u><font size="+1">KidzPlay @ NEX - To be confirmed...</font></u>

Parents sure get wet!
She also mentioned its actually for kids 5-12yrs old but she wasnt stopped by security.
Footwear and Photography is also NOT allowed.

So how? Wana change venue? or any suggestions?</font>
- SSC's Splash Park?
I wont be giving much comments as I cant confirm my attendance... So those who can make it, give ur comments?

<font color="0000ff">Kam Suggests:
- Lot 1 (similar to SSC’s Splash Park but not sure of crowd)
- Jacob Ballas Children Garden @ Botanic Garden (not too crowded and simple)
- Lower Seletar Park (only waterplay)</font>

Venue: TBC

<font color="808080"> I'm Coming!
1) Kam + XY + HR
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian
7) Paige + Kate (erm, I will bring my dog along but she'll be with the hubs at the dog run)
10)
11)
12)
</font>

Do feel free to add ur names if ur joining!
happy.gif
</font>

KidzPlay @ NEX - To be confirmed...

Just a note from milkyway...
Parents sure get wet!

So how? Wana change venue? or any suggestions?
- SSC's Splash Park?
I wont be giving much comments as I cant confirm my attendance... So those who can make it, give ur comments?

Kam Suggests:
- Lower Seletar Park (only waterplay)

Venue: KidzPlay @ NEX Mall

I'm Coming!
1) Kam + XY + HR
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian (Jacob Ballas)
10)
11)
12)

I was at NEX playground on Fri 4pm, there were only 5-6 kids playing. Pretty rowdy sec school kids
sad.gif

I intend to head over to NEX later say either in the morning or late afternoon..

Haha sorry but i very garang, will warn the kids if they start to get pushy..

See if I can take a pic and see what happens :x LOL

Gina,
I thought 'normal' dentist can already?
Is it possible that A doesn't like to brush her teeth cos there's some pain or discomfort somewhere?

I do the same thing as Kiki. He imitates me, but more like chewing rather than brushing. So, I help him with it after I finish mine. So far, he'll allow me to brush his lower two teeth (cos I push his lips down). But I haven't succesfully taught him to "eee" so that I can brush his upper four properly, cos he doesn't let me push his lips up.

Kiki,
Hi-5! Next time dunoe how....aiyah, think of it when we come to it la... In the meantime, I just let him have whatever exposure he can have. I told my niece she can only speak Mandarin to him, and she insited "no way! My whole class doesn't like Chinese." Oh dear...dunoe how she pass her Chinese...

Joli,

2 of my remote controls also went missing for weeks. Been searching high and low. Finally found it inside the sub woofer . There a hole and it's lobang inside.

Using toothpaste,

Not sure if you all let your babies use toothpaste.. Hubby dentist say even at their age it's a must to use toothpaste to prevent tooth decay .

5157748.jpg

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Fri 4pm</font></font>

5157749.jpg

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Sun 6pm</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa"><u><font size="+1">KidzPlay @ NEX – NEW UPADTES!</font></u></font>

1. For mommies who want to avoid the weekend crowds and are able to make it on weekdays,
I’ve SET it on:-

Date: Thursday, 3rd March 2011
Venue: KidzPlay@ NEXmall

Attending: (please add ur name if ur coming! =))
1) Ling + Jaelle
2) Shawna + Ian
3)
4)
5)

2. For mommies who have stated their interest to meet up on Saturday, 5th March initially,
please do state if otherwise, since its said that the crowd can be quite an issue.

Venue: KidzPlay @ NEXmall

1) Kam + XY + HR
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian
10)
11)
12)

Some Remarks:-
She was at the KidzPlay in the afternoon on Saturday, 26th Feb and it is VERY VERY CROWDED!
Parents sure get wet!
Main worry is still the CROWD! </font>

Kidzplay @ NEX – NEW UPADTES!

1. For mommies who want to avoid the weekend crowds and are able to make it on weekdays,

1) Ling + Jaelle
2) Shawna + Ian
3)
4)
5)

2. For mommies who have stated their interest to meet up on Saturday, 5th March initially,
please do state if otherwise, since its said that the crowd can be quite an issue.

Venue: KidzPlay @ NEXmall

1) Kam + XY + HR
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian
8) myfavchoco + Kriden ( lot 1, SSC and LSP )
10)
11)
12)

Just a note from milkyway...
She was at the KidzPlay in the afternoon on Saturday, 26th Feb and it is VERY VERY CROWDED!
Parents sure get wet!

Kam Suggests:
- Lower Seletar Park (only waterplay)

Kidzplay@Nex
hihi... i went on Sat at around 5pm and it was very crowded with rowdy older kids running around as per itsy's pic on Sun 6pm. So i think it's a bad choice to go this Sat. We might have to change location. Btw just a note, the KidzPlay@Nex is for 5-12 yrs old but apparently we weren't stop. Just no photography and footwear. I secretly took pics while S and Daddy were playing with DSLR! lol... too many pple for the security guard to notice. Can check out the pics on my FB.

Another thing to take note.. we didnt manage to find the changing room/nursing room. When we asked the guard, he directed us to the restrooms which werent conducive for changing our todds at all. I think there should be some changing room somewhere but i didnt look for it lah. i just get shanis to stand and i just changed her in the ladies. So those going this thurs, try to recee around for changing room first k...

hmmm....NEXX might not be a good option then...I don't mind Lot1 or Jacob Ballas or Seletar park as I have never been to any of these places! (suaku, i know)

Shawna,
Haha! We went to the same place on both days! ECP on Sat, and Sun at the NEX :)

<font color="ff0000">Review of NEX waterplaygroud</font>
Erm.... really nothing to shout about. No special loh. The big bucket of water pouring down one is obviously a mini copied version of the Kidzworld at the Zoo. Don't think toddlers this age would dare to try out. My gal tried out those smaller bucket of water one, a few times pouring on her, she was a bit scared but she wanted more! She loves waterplay! The rest of the equipment is pretty standard that you can find at waterplay area at shopping malls, like at SCC or Lot 1. We were there at about 4-5pm. Yes, very crowded. But because the place is pretty spacious, so it's not too bad. It's also very windy, so even if you stand at the side, you will get a little bit wet cos of the wind blowing very strongly. Only if you stand where the waterplay ended, then you are safe. My hub accompanied both kids to play for an hour, he only got a little wet leh :) I was saved from the running around, concentrate of taking photos (BTW, can take photos lah, didn't mention on the "rules" said no photography, a few security saw me shooting, but they didn't stop me leh). It says for children 5-12, but still okay for younger children lah. But ya, those older kids really very rough, run very fast without looking, and push those younger ones away, like when they want to play with a particular one, and a younger kid is using, they would just push the younger one away. One warning though, if you let your toddler goes up the "dry" area to try out the slide, don't let her/him slide down on the grey colour one, that one very steep and landed hard on the floor, my #1 slided down and hurt his back slightly.

I think it's a novelty thing. I still prefer Lot 1 (haven't been to SCC, yet).

Ling,
Are the Crayon Rock and Glob Paint washable? Which do you find it for fun for your toddler? They prefer crayons or paints?

<font color="ff0000">Rent A Toy</font>
I think some mummies here ever rented toys before. Any feedbacks on which company is good?

3rd march @ nex
oh no...3rd i can't...my hb coming back that day and he didn't bring his key! dunno why he always cannot bring key when he go for his biz trips! i think he'd be back ard 6pm so its kind rush for me!

Maelyn,

Rent a toy is good and he normally don't come and collect within one month. Sometimes can drag until 1.5 month. The delivery guy is the boss and he's quite a nice and friendly fellow. So far i find his toys pretty new.

Hi Mommies,
Like to check those who bought the play yard for babies. Are they useful? Thinking of buying for Friend's baby shower but another friend told me bb don't like to be restricted in 1 area so no point.

<font color="ff0000">NEX water play on 3rd March</font>
What if we meet slightly earlier like 2:30-3pm? We skip the makan, let them play for about 1hr, change then you should be able to reach home by 6pm.

Maelyn-
I haven tried them on the floor or walls thus far.
The seller did try the crayons on her walls n it came off easily with dry tissue and didnt leave any unslightly marks.
For paint, I tink its washable since its pretty similar to watercolours but colours still may stain cos they are made from natural botanic pigments?

kam,
i was just going to ask you the name of the book you're reading. turns out it's in chinese. so means i can't read then. i do agree with the author that by encouraging a young child to colour/draw in a certain way, it encourages sterotyping and hinders creativity. i was also thinking that another way to get by this is to expose children to books whereby illustrations are zany (sky can be green, crocodiles can be pink etc ...).

gina,
my baby has a chipped teeth also. dentist (who managed to pry open baby's mouth and take a 3 sec peek) says it could either be due to trauma (ie knocked it somewhere) or it could be that the teeth just developed like that. trauma is the not-so-preferred scenario as it may affect the permanent teeth (that's already developing inside). my baby has white speckles instead of yellowish teeth due to too much flouride. so i'm holding off toothpaste for him still.

maelyn,
like kaira said, rent-a-toy owner is very friendly. i purchased a 2nd hand playhouse from him, condition was good, he came to fix by himself. good service.

<font color="ff0000">NEX water play on 3rd March</font>

2.30pm also can la... can skip makan also.. just let them play n mingle a while then we head back lo...

itsy, ling,
2.30pm is very hot leh! You get direct sun cos there is not sheltered and 2.30pm sun is not play play. Thought it's advisable to get direct sun between 12-3pm (or something like that). Just me kay-pohing lah.

sandwich,
The book was written by a Japanese. I will check if it has been translated into English. If so, will let you know.

mm... ya, Kam, you're right. Then maybe Kiki can hide the house keys under the flower pot? (Hee hee just kidding) :p

itsy, ling, kam,
yeah...think 230pm v hot! actually 330pm also still v hot i think! haha...me paranoid kind, if i hide the hse keys under flower pot, i will not have peace of mind! =p i think we can stick to 330pm lah, afterall i think waterplay a while only hor?

terrible twos
anyone experiencing this already? i notice lately kimberly's v notti! she wants attn all the time! if i ignore her just for a while (like when i'm typing this now), she will throw tantrum and like keep jumping up n down n screaming then cry! so stressful for mommy!

kaira,
Haha...ya lor, the invisible man aka our boys...

Toothpaste
I try not to use toothpaste now. Too much flouride, even for adults in certain brands.

Cough
Aiyah...my boys cough like getting worse, now runny nose. Read that we should give them honey? Can they take honey already? What can we give them to make them recover faster? TIA

NEX
Yeah, actually that timing is very hot, though depending on that day's weather. That time I was there, I only watched from far, cos it was so hot, felt like in an oven. feedback.

Toothpaste,

Initially we didn't use toothpaste also but after what the Dentist says, then start letting him use. Now don't know whether to give anot . Hai..

<font color="aa00aa"><u><font size="+1">KidzPlay @ NEX – NEW UPADTES!</font></u></font>

1) Ling + Jaelle
2) Itsy + Ian
3) kiki + Kim
4)
5)

Venue: KidzPlay @ NEXmall or TBA...

1) Kam + XY + HR (Lot 1)
3) milkyway + Shanis
4) kiki (kiki) + Kim
5) Itsy + Ian
7) Paige + Kate ( lot 1, SSC and LSP )
8) myfavchoco + Kriden ( lot 1, SSC and LSP )
10)
11)
12)

Parents sure get wet!
Main worry is still the CROWD! </font>

Back