(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

xmasc

yup i tried baby vicks last nite. seemed to help him breathe better but he still woke a few times ard 3/4am (his recent pattern since he turned 6mths so prob nothing to do with his nose)

kam, potbelly

just when i wanted to start out to buy juice, it rains cats n dogs!

michelle

hiaz.. sam turns his head from side to side when he sees syringe, when he takes meds too. and before he got sick, he'll fuss if i give him more than 2 or 3 spoons of water coz it's interrupting his porridge!

babiesmeme

yes i thk will hurt.. cos everytime my chloe hit her head accidentally on the parklon playmat she will cry!!! so i thk its nt thick enuff..

I saw one at this Great World City BB Shop.. it's damn thick n totally diff from mine lo.. thk its another series.. sure damn ex..

Hello

awww saw some of u posting about babies teething n waking up often at night... My baby was one of them too and I saw 3 white teeth on him. Perhaps the 4th is trying its way out too. I m alone looking after him evey single day n night n it's very tiring but no choice, we are the mother. Last wk my hb said smth made me very upset n hurt til I feel even more depressed. Sigh. Anyway I didn't really really use teething gel or tablets when he was teething. I use v minimal of the gel only wen necessary.

Jul : is Sam ok??? Zander struggles n turn his head left right when I feed him medicine. Poor boy has been sick often though I total breastfeed him lah. Every few hrs got to suck out his mucus also is a torture to him. Heartpain when our babies sick. Does he take barley? How about u use another bottle w straw? To try bluff him drink water? Weather is v hot must let him tk more water.

random thought.... what if i have triplets??
3890338.jpg

lol

Phew.. Today so busy at work until no time to read this thread.. Anyway..

Babiesmeme> I bought the Anakku baby hair shampoo in Malaysia but I think I did see kiddy palace selling Anakku products. You can give it a try.

Waiwai> that triplets picture very cute leh, are they real triplets or just cut and paste picture? Look so real!

<font color="dc143c">Jul</font>
hope Sam is better..take care..

<font color="dc143c">Ongoing Sprees from rach:</font>
1. Pedipad here
2. Spiffies Toothwipes here
3. Happy Bellies &amp; melts here
4. Old Navy Adults only here

Collecting orders for 20 slots &amp; 40 slots card organisers as well..
happy.gif

Please support support..
happy.gif

jul> erms. de medicine not sweet one meh? how come my boy likes it so much ah -_-" is ur boy getting better?

waiwai> wah. tat'll be so cute =p

Now I feeel better that I am not alone with the TEETHING episode. Amber is going through the same thing too. Sometime cranky, sometime up in the middle of the night crying, dont nap as much as before. I give her teething gel at night if it gets really bad.

Pray that all Sept babies get their teeth sooon with min. pain

Baby carrier,
oh i went to try the action baby one at baby meadows. it's rather nice and easy to use, except for the back buckle... but baby didn't like it leh....or baby he just doesn't like the shop cos it's quite a mess..everytime go there (we went twice already), each time he cry cry when trying out all the carriers...so we presume he doesn't like it...also cos it has this waist band that's abit hard n protruding when he sits on it..maybe it's just my waist too small, dun seem to fit all these waiste band carriers leh...

there is the angel pack at $230 which he seems better in, as waist band is narrower.

think the shop has 5% off for the carriers.

so those mummies looking for carriers, have u found yours?

hai mum says, baby will be walking soon, n by then maybe no need to carry in carrier liao, esp since it feels very constrictive in the carrier. alamak....so i haven't bought yet...

jeni> my boy trying babybjorn he oso dun like. 3times he cry. in de end i still buy. bring him out in it. he so happy. now everytime he see my hubby wear it, he'll know it's to carry him. he'll get real exciting by clapping his hands n kicking his legs

Hi all, i am back again. Seem like some babies are not feeling well. Take care.

Both my boys also down with very high fever the week before. Never being so high before 39.8c. despite spondging and medicine feeding still high. I rush him to KK A&amp;E at 10pm and back at home at 4am. Than the next day my small boy kenna high fever also and never go down.

I was on leave the whole week taking care both of them. So shacked.

My boy also never put on any weight now or infact i must said its slow, now only 7.5kg at 7mth. Anyway also good cause not heavy to carry. As long as he eat and drink, i think he is ok.

He also got 2 teeth coming out already.

Take care all mummies

jeni,
i going to buy tonite.keep you posted. will be choosing from beco butterfly2 or manduca!

hopefully cayden is okay in it. bringing him to try on :p

Thanks, everyone, for the advice &amp; concern.

We've been spponing water into Sam every chance we've got. He seemed to drink more milk last nite n this am. (BUT.. that's just 2 times.. still need to see today's feeds).

The pink stain on the diaper seems to have disappeared. Noe in a dilemma as to whether we shd proceed to see PD later this am. Coz now seems like nothing leh, dunno whether it'll be a wasted trip. yet only the PD wud be able to advise on whether he needs some urine test or whatever. So.. still thinking abt it. I have 45min to make up my mind.

In the meantime, later MIL will cook some apple water. Also we'll go buy some gerber juice to keep in the hse to mix into water. Hiaz.. This boy.

Btw separate issue.. Sam is very demanding these days. If he wants to be carried, he WANTS to be carried, or he'll bawl. If he wants to crawl ard on the floor into the kitchen &amp; bedrooms, he WANTS. if we try to pick him up, he cries. he cries to be carried to nap. Oh and like babys' shayna, doesn't matter who carries.

But.. this seems to happen more at MIL's. Dunno if he's acting up coz

1) the hse is very warm so he's uncomf vs it's cooler at my place
2) he knows that his gong gong n poh poh will not let him cry &amp; he can bully them (and me being collateral damage coz I'll be pressured to let him have his way)
3) he's just quieter &amp; more guai at nite

jeni, michelle, xmasc

Sam din make any fuss both times that we went to try the carrier. And it was kinda near his bedtime too, so I took that as a good sign that he likes it.

Not sure if the carrier's so good, or the shop is nice &amp; aircon-ed or the shop ambience is good???

Anyway he loves his carrier now. When he fusses &amp; cries &amp; bawls, then sees me clip it on my waist, he'll crawl to me n wanna be lifted into the carrier. Darned smart this boy - abt all the wrong things!

Jul what u using again? manduca?
guess my boy prefers sling, which my mum uses on him lor...me dun like to use it...haha...
he tend to turn left n right to look around on this type carrier since it's facing me...think if on sling easier for him to look around cos can put his facing sideways. u all got no problem ah?

potbelly, thanks for the info..but the problem is he doesn't wan to take milk in the day too when MIL feeds him..hai..stress, think he prefers to latch now..shucks..

how much porridge do u all give now..my mil only gives like one small little bowl maybe 30-50ml leh..told her give more, but she like dun wan leh...now he likes his porridge blended . can we put in meat n blend..my mil say baby no teeth cannot eat meat, cos still lumpy even after blending..wah liao...like that he got not much nutrition lor... no meat, less milk duno what to do now...though he is 8.6kg now at 8M, dun seem to be putting on leh...somemore going to be teething soon...oh boy..

if drinks 500-600ml milk per day, is it enough?? he takes only 80ml per feed only.

jul> keke. nvm la. juz pamper him for awhile more. soon he'll grow up n dun even wan us to bother him =x

porridge> wah lau. my boy's sch spoil market leh. i cook pumpkin porridge for him he dun eat. de sch give him porridge with ikan bilis, chicken n carrot la. mine is like ... compared to theirs. no wonder he prefer de sch ones -_-"

cos i olways wonder y he eat so much in sch n so little at hm. den i tot maybe he tired dun wanna eat solid. end up yesterday i give him the egg custard from heinz, he finish all 110ml. zzz. so i guess he is fussy

jeni> lol. my boy drink 160mlX3+200ml+2latches a day + 1/2bowl porridge, 60ml puree a day. n he is only 7.2kg at close to 8mths.

seems like many sept babies r hvg some form of challenges in one way or another hor. i think teething is main culprit la. but mine until now still no sign of tooth sprouting leh.

jedi
my joseph these few days also drinking much lesser milk than normal. usually his milk intake is 800ml on top of a chinese bowl of porridge (abt 240ml) plus 3-4tbsp of cereal n fruits. these few days only eatg his porridge, 2-3 tbsp of cereal n fruits plus abt 500-600ml of milk. there is really nothing i can do to force him to drink more and i know there must be something uncomfortable in his body thats why he is reacting this way. so just hope this phase will wean off soon. as mothers we just have to learn to relax ok? as long as he is eatg something if not really can wear us down, not to mention i got so many other kids to think abt! this is just the beginning of teething some more, there r still the pre molars and molars which r even more painful.

Jul
actually what hap to sam huh? he is not sick right? just cranky, grumpy, demanding and going on a diet like mine? thank God u have a "useful" hubby who can help u if not the exhaustion will be many times more!

jeni

yup, manduca. i tried pikkolo, beco, ergo, patapum, n 1 more brand,, i forgot what.. i only like manduca, ergo n patapum for ease of use.. but sam's thighs r too fat for patapum, n he din like ergo. so.. only manduca lor

kam

i'm so glad that the weekend's here! HUBS'LL HELP CARE FOR SAM N I CAN REST! yippee!!!!!

michelle, cloudme

yeah lor. carrier = carry! n he'll bury his face in my cleavage when he's sleeping. i'm s worried he'll suffocate or get heat stroke!

mamato6

sam kena running/blocked nose n cough with phlegm. took 4 days of med from fri - mon then stopped. he was recovering ok, except for discomfort with sleep, drinking, loss of appetite etc due to blocked nose.

but b/c milk intake down n he refuses water, he got dehydrated. his diapers are very dry. yest i noticed pink stain on his diaper.

now his illness is much more manageable, but he keeps rubbing his eyes n nose n scratching his ears n head. n he has rashes all over his body! n of course the dehydration thing lah.

it doesn't help that he's very very active n cranky n whiney now. n i'm sick now. so... really wanna collapse. thank god for hubs!

my bb opposite he is always hungry! according to my nanny he must have milk (120ml) every two hour on top of a bowl of porridge at noon time and dinner time 2 bowl of porridge at 5.30pm. When i fetch him from home at 7 i feed him biscuits, he can finish two big pieces of baby food biscuits. at 9pm he ask for milk (200ml). Then midnight about 3am he will want another 120ml. Any thing wrong with him??

Jul > hope he's feeling better. I think maybe can offer him a cup of water or the straw. Rylen hated water when I weaned her off BM but she thinks it's the most amazing thing drinking like mommy and daddy. And now she LOVES water.

Anyway, I have the flu, I just hope that she doesn't catch it.
sad.gif
Happy Weekend Mommies

shucks mil just called say baby got fever 38 degrees.. duno what happen why suddenly got fever..no other symptoms, though got vomit a little milk in the morning. maybe it's teething??? i have no idea...got to rush off from work to see doctor now....

im sick.. down with flu and cough... caught the bug from my boy... he caught it on mon and sneezed at me whenever in my arms all times and now it my turn... =/

take care all mommies n babies... it the flu season... heard it HFMD high period too...

marie

hmm.. gd idea. let sam feel like drinking like us! shall have to go steal a few straws from mac's liao haha

jeni

the last time sam had 38deg 'fever' too. think he was too warm at my mil's. my sil n mil scared me, saying his head is very warm. i panicked n fed him paracetamol. now thinking back.. it cud be overheated.

jul> haha. when my hubby carry my boy in his babybjorn, baby sleeping will oso bury his head in hubby's chest. so i tink it's ok de la =p

<font color="0077aa">jul</font>
thanks.. im blowing my nose very hard.. in the office now... my nose is swollen n peeling... throat very sore and voice is "dying"
full blown cough is emerging now..
argh.. there goes my wkend...

u take care too... rest aplenty during the wkends

read back some of the babies are warded or been to the hospital.. hope the little ones are okie too.. so poor thing...

climate warming
i wonder is it becos of the weather n temp that has made most of us down with this n that bugs...
the earth is sick.. but i cant think of much i can do to help heal the earth, so my boy can have a better living...
and the weather is so so warm that it make me think thrice to bring bb out...

maelyn: of course that is photoshop-ed picture. my 1 gal and 1 boy enough liao

babiesme: i borrowed bumper mat from friend. not sure where she bought it

Jul,
How long you have to wait for the lab results?

Don't think the heat of the room would cos a baby "fever". If the room temparature is too hot, we and baby will feel hot, but not the body temperature (which the thermometer is measuring). If you think a little back to the science you learned from school, we are 热血动物, so our body temp is kinda stable, won't change according to the room temperature. Only 冷血动物 change their body temp according to the environment.

If you are in doubt, measure the body temp 1 hour later, if it's still >37.5C, then it's definitely a fever, not just the room temp.

Fever is a sign that a foreign particle (bacteria, virus, fungus, etc) invaded our body, and so our body is fighting with the foreign particle, fever is the first line of defense.

Jeni

I think your baby is eating too little. Why don't you ask your mil to prepare more and see if he eats.

I've the same problem as you. My gal is allergic to fm. So I bought her ha milk. She's ok with that but she hates the taste!! She drinks like half of what she used to drink and my ss is dropping. So I've been advised to step up on her solids. Seems to be working as she's putting on weight faster now. She takes 4-5 tbsp cereal depending on het mood. Lunch half the green pigeon bowl of porridge plus pureed pork plus 30 ml veggie and 30-60ml of fruit depending on whether the fruit is her fav or not. Same for dinner. In between, milk feeds.

<font color="dc143c">Hello Mummies,</font>

the thread is so slow going nowadays.. haha..
So busy the whole day.. Rayanne very cranky...keep crying.. i suspect she's teething again.. meaning.. a 3rd tooth may be erupting soon...
Popped the teething tablets and she was okay for a few hours before she start to get cranky again...

Not sleeping that well at nite coz will wake up a couple of times.... It was not until last nite then i start to pop the tablets..and miraculously, she fell back to sleep and slept better.. Else it was pretty bad previous nites...

Didnt occur to me that she would have a 3rd tooth so soon.. but seems like it... cant see any 3rd tooth yet.. but guess i'll see it soon....

Aww Zander don't nap at all and he is cranky again..I guess his 4th tooth is pushing its way up!!! I saw 2 bottom quite obvious, 1 tiny white spot above! I didn't expect upper 2 to cum so soon too!!!! He wake up once or twice at night and only stop after I apply teething gel n gave him water if he drank milk nt long ago.. If he stop crying when I carry him I dun apply teething gel. And fr a week he is down w runny nose and cough w phlegm ... Dnw is it cos of teething!! I am so tired but it's worth it...as I can sense Zander is very attached to me...lolz!

I wish all teething babies to have as little discomfort as possible!! And hope all unwell babies to recover asap!!!! Mummies,tough on us!! :)

Oh yah I wanna ask... Does any of your babies stil very active and don't nap when on medication?? My nephew and son are like that.. But my son not so bad as I think maybe he nap a little while latching him..? Zander is really very active..he crawls out of his room often too...I have to carry him and put him back in his room lots of time.. When I carry him,he jump and try to grab what I have in another hand...when I carry him in my arms,he jump up and down and stretch out to grab again.. When time to slp,he turn and flip so much til perspire fr 1-2hrs then zzz... My energy level goes down very fasttt! Any boys like that too??how u all cope ah?? I think I m v weak and lousy loh... Never work but complaint tired!

michelle

tdy i saw this lady carryinmg her bb in baby bjorn. wah it looks so strenous!

jess

my cough's getting worse too
sad.gif

kam

i shd know the results by 2moro

yup, i get what u mean. but bbs are also not so good at regulating body heat, so may get overheated easily. n since i'm using ear therm, i might have taken the skin temp, which is a little hotter. at least it sounds scientific to me haha. my pd explained to me this way. n i was so blur, i din think of waiting 30min to retake temp, just gave him paracetamol straightaway *tsk tsk*

princess
yes sam's still jumping, crawling, shouting like nobody's business. he was a little more subdued the first 2-3 days of his illness but that's comparing to his normal self. anyone who saw him wudn't think it's sick unless he coughs or they see his dried mucus n pisai haha

ay PD say virus...got fever.but other than that nothing...so got to monitor 3 days hopes fever stops....

guess it will be good that we mummies dun bring baby out so often since there is flu n HFM recently...dun expose them to germs outside bah

take care...

princessxiaomei> i think both sahm n ftwm oso tired one la. so dun say u lousy becos u r a sahm k =p

jul> lol. strenous ah? i think so wor. cos i dun like to carry with babybjorn too. haha. only hubby uses it

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Help!</font></font>

Jacob's having a slight sore throat, should i bring him to pd? actually from birth till now i have not brought him to pd before, except 1st wk when he still had jaundice so really not sure if i shld bring him now cos of his coarse voice... he is still as active, just tt he is not vocalising like before, which hubs is thankful for! shld i go? he had a bit of runny nose 2 days back and could this be linked to teething? but he does not have it now.

sigh i m down w sore throat as well, 1st time sick since like more than a yr ago...

jeni

I'm sure ur BB will recover soon

eunice

Hey thanks! Looking forward to meeting up when Sam no longer carries germs haha

michelle

My fren used Baby Bjorn for 1 mth then she gave up n went to buy Manduca also haha

cookiez

Er.. teething can have runing nose? 1st time I heard of it leh.

Since u have sore throat, maybe u sgd go n have a check coz he might have caught it from u?

omg triplets. You need to be an octopus to be able to handle them.. oh and not forgetting maybe being 3-headed with more than 6 pairs of eyes to look out for them! XD

Jul, princessxiaomei: HANG IN THERE!!!!! There will be sunshine after the rain
happy.gif

Back