(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Good morning, mummies!
happy.gif

shelled,
Yes, my 2 new maids are slow learners. One is totally new with no experience while the other worked in Singapore before looking after an elderly person and no experience with children. I'm really starting from scratch... good thing is they do not argue when I try to correct them.

My cough usually lasts a month. That's why I hate getting a cough.
sad.gif
Still has a bit of phlegm. Sigh. I don't even dare to take medication since I'm not sure if it'll affect bb.

Jen
You'll still need to clear your boobs leh, if not supply will drop.
And ya, like what Jul says..need to slowly drag loh

I now can also tahan 8 hours. just finish pumping..yield about 310ml.

sonnigt3
totally understand ur situation. with so many kids like ours the hse gotta be really effecient hor n everybody must know exactly their roles n responsibilities. i had a new maid 3 mths ago i was also a nerve wreck so i cant imagine u have 2! now 3 mths later better at least i can relax a bit. so for u also take some time i guess. take care!

<font face="tahoma"><font color="Ff3399">sonnig</font>
Sounds like my kind of cough leh. My MIL always say it's 长命咳. Minimum also 3wks. Like that time cough from 38wks preg until baby born and almost full mth then recover! OMFG.
I can totally sympathise with you!
</font>

<font color="0000ff">sheryn</font> I sms-ed you
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Rach</font> aiyo!!! I just bought like 10 pairs of socks and leg warmers from another BP, somemore just received all my socks and warmers ystrday
sad.gif
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">michelle</font> hubby on leave, so just happened to be around that area, ifnot I iwll also not go all the way there.

<font color="0000ff">melissa</font> ya, cheap but i spent around $120!!!

<font color="0000ff">hollow</font> CArter;s sale i think last day today, dunno whether they replenish stocks, more choices for girls, less for boys, if you stay near or if you are around the area, then worth going lah. Address: 43, TAmpines st. 92, its near SAFRA tampines, in the industrial area...its the last building on st.92, i think called gimmel building in street directory.

mwerkz,

Its not those budding tooth but definately something white at the gums which was not there before... so maybe still got to wait for another 1 month plus before the budding tooth come out... at least now I know why he's drooling soooo much... yah.. I also worry he bite cause sometimes he will also bite me one and that's already super painful.. can't imagine...

Got to teach him loh... cause I intend to feed him till very long (if I can persist) cause when I stopped my #3 at 6 months, I felt a instant loss.. hahahha its more for me lah.. lol... and also good for his health of course..

<font face="tahoma"><font color="Ff3399">Paige</font>
OMG?! How much did you buy to accumulate $120?!?!

If mostly for girls then I won't be bothered liao. Why most of the kids' boutiques so female-centric one lor! Boys don't need to wear clothes one is it?!? </font>

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul/Waiwai</font>

Aiya... I tot since I can sleep thru e nite w/o expressing for 5-6 hrs den I also can do tt in e day time mah. Now my boobs got so many lumps
sad.gif
DH massage for me tis am liao but still hv. My boobs r so sensitive, gentle touch also will send me jumping.

Guess I've to start slow.. will stick to 4hrly for 1 wk den slowly drag to 4.5hs.

<font color="aa00aa">Kris</font>

I'm trying to cut down on my supply tt's why nt clearing e boobs. My deep freezer has no more space &amp; worse Jed has cut down on his feeds. He's only drinking 6 x 170ml daily

Mdm shelled jus tell me tt's e reason why my boobs r so sore... cuz nv empty
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Sonnig</font>

U've got to take care of yrself ya</font>

Jenifur

Wow...6 x 170ml. My gal only drinks 5 x 130ml leh.

My freezer also running out of space soon. Only left with 1 drawer to fill now. But I'm scared if I try and cut my supply now, then it'll never come back if i need it to. Worse come to worse, will have to throw some milk.

Hrm...I guess you have to empty your boobs at each pump but slowly drag the timing loh.

Rach:
keep us updated about the baby socks!

sonnig:
think your kind of cough u should go and see TCM... i had 1-month cough in sec 1, saw GP no use. TCM helped to cure. take care

mama to 6 Js, shelled, jenifur and Waiwai,
Thank you. Think it's the stress and lack of sleep in taking care of so many at home that I'm taking so long to recover. I'm taking Chinese herbs like 东虫夏草,南北杏,花胶,无花果,百合 to ease my cough. Think the first is most effective. At least not so much phlegm now. Think I just need to sleep more to recover...

My #1 and #2 have not gotten used to the maids yet, so I've to feed them myself so far. They are quite 'sticky' to me each time I change my maid. That's why I'm usually exhausted during this transition period. It'll take them a month or so to adjust. Just hope things run smoothly on track by January as I'm going back to work then.

<font color="0000ff">shelled</font> ermmm, A LOT, so cheap I lost control, i bought all the way from current age until 2T sizes! :p but not all for my daughter, bought some clothes for my nephews too...they are some really cute boy rompers which i bought for my daughter, my hubby says 'very sporty look, can wear'!! hahaha...

paige, bbq98> keke. den i'll give it a miss. anyway i think i bought alot of clothes for my boy liaos. plus now i m crazy ordering alot of clothes for him from jshopper =x

hehe. 2yrs old? me too wor. alot of stuffs i bought for my boy from jshopper is 1yr old to 2yrs old ones. cos too cute to resist =x

steph> i oso intend to breastfeed for long for my boy. but when he starts teething, i'll juz pump n bottle feed him

shelled> hha. i oso think so. y so many shops target girls clothes. even jshopper got alot more stuffs for gals. but oso good la. else i'll be buying even more =x

jenn> ya. need to slowly drag. i oso drag slowly. went back to wk start with 3 hrs den upgrade a few hrs day by day, den now 6hrs liao =p nite time is killer de nite before. 7hrs n my boobs nearly exploded =x

shelled

i'm also v peh chek. cannot find nice clothes for sam. it's all blue blue blue! n the designs are few n all so similar. boring...

jen

wah deep freezer also can have no more space. cannot imagine.. no wonder u need to use playtex liner! u got bathtub or not? take n soak like cleopatra lah haha.

er? if at nite u can tahan 5-6h, day time shd be even more so, since nite/am got more supply. that's strange.

jed drinks more tham sam now. sam only takes 6 x 140ml, that's y i have enough for him.

hi mummies

i have a set of almost-new Baby Can Read double sided flashcards (Set 1 and Set 2) for sale at $35. this is quite a good set of flashcards, just that i didnt realise that I had a similar set already. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Cheers!

<font color="0077aa">jul</font>
u r not biggest loser leh.. u r pumping regularly but still got steady supply... dunno why for abt 2 weeks already my supply dropped like mad... very pathetic.. pump out each time like 20-30ml only.. 6 hours apart somemore... my bb dun have enuff to drink at all if i mainly BF... sobz :/
drinking nursing tea doesnt help too... =(
my menses not here yet though i felt PMS... i feel so upset... i wish it come and go so my supply can up a bit...

<font color="0077aa">sheryn</font>
thanks gal!

<font color="0077aa">jenifur</font>
have you send out my package? need fenugreek urgently... my BM supply dropping... =(
thanks...

Sophie
I think my postman don't like me. I have received my Glamourmom package already (cos its registered mail). Shelled had sent out the Sophie earlier than Prettymums. So I should receive my Sophie first but I have not.

jess

sounds like u're expecting ur menses? or have u been very stressed abt something lately?

actually hor, fenugreek need to take quite a lot to see effect - at least for me lah. maybe u get domperidone from ur gynae/pd? can up supply by almost 100% leh.

tlisa, chase

my postman is also slow. i aws get my stuff 1 working day later than others - eg those robinsons sale flyers

kris,
supply can be regulated. i always stimulate to get more milk before a long holiday so that i can store for my boy when i'm away, then let the supply dip drastically during the holiday itself by pumping less and by the time i'm back home, supply will be back to normal. takes about 1-2 weeks to regulate the supply for me. so you can go actually cut down on one pump now to clear your frozen milk. 1 week before frozen milk runs out then you pump more to up supply.

sophie> keke. dun worry k. think now xmas period. so postage will be slower den usual. =p

jul> keke. as long as u get ur ronbinson sales flyer before de sales itself can le la. ahha =x

ebm> hais. i m getting lazy to store supply again. now my freezer got milk but no place to store, i dunno wat to do with them, so decide to pump less n let supply dip. hopefully when freezer got space, supply easy to go up again?

yeah!! finally psycho-ed hubby to bring me to himawari for jap buffet on monday since we're both on leave!! his only condition is that we do not bring our boy along =x so we're leaving him with my parents =x

i think so... i hope it come soon and then finish it.. have my supply back to normal or even more!

tried that med since 1st mth, till ant bb 3 mths.. no effect... but it dun seem to increase my BM... sighh

stress... i guess i have a lot... im not tbf and but i pumped and yet my supply still so low..

sandwich
Hrm...i really hope mine can work like that too..shall try when freezer really cannot squeeze anymore space out
actually..hoping my #1 can drink my milk as well but so far she been rejecting
sad.gif

Mummies,
any idea how long will the fever last for the 5-in-1 jab &amp; rotavirus ?

my son got fever since ytd injection. and been crying &amp; crying...

does your babies act tis way after the 3month injection?

Just to share, my baby took both the 6-in-1 jab and prevenair together yesterday and I found a way that he will not fuss... For his 2 months vaccine, I followed my GP's instruction to put him on the bed and hold him down for the vaccine and end up he fussed so much after it...

This time round, I told my GP that I will hold him for her to do the injection.. In the end, just before the injection, my baby wanted to drink milk so I latch him and inject at the same time.. Initially doc was scared say later if baby move then needle will break, I joked with her say I got over a dozen injection experience leh.. confirm steady one.. lol... So I held baby and latch him on, right hand hold his right leg tight tigh and doc made the injection. He cry for like 2 times then stopped... Doc then prepare to inject left thigh so I switch him.. hahah this time he cried for 5 times before agreeing to latch again loh.. poor thing... but came back no fever. I so happy.. Hope this stays this way

flower
post jab fever should nt last more than 2-3days. u monitor lor. yes some bbs tend to be more unsettled after jab.

Re: whitish thing on gum
mine had this for 3 weeks already. im nt sure if its early teething though the whitish stuff is really hard n these few days it seems to be more protruding. and yes he is biting my nipples more. sometimes bite already then pull and keep shaking his head like wanna bite it off. grrr...

Steph
my pd always asks me to latch baby on when she injects and baby seems calmer that way. didnt cry long leh and sometimes baby only realised he being poked after needle was out. my babies all also no fever if jab this way. but got correlation meh? haha i dunno leh i only know i feel good can comfort my babies with my boob when they feel pain

mamato6js,
how to calm bb down beside giving panadol,like very poor thing.. he seems like very uncomfortable or in pains like tat.. why ah

during injections he didnot cry at all, its the after effects

flower
cos injection is actually putting viruses into their bodies for the bodies to develop antibodies mah. my baby also grouchy for a day, cry n cry though no fever but next day back to normal. i didnt do anything leh except just to carry him a lot that day lor. some babies grouchy while others v sleepy yet there r others who got no "side effects". every bb react differently

mamato6js,
thanks ya.. sigh, my bb so unlucky.. got fever, i din go for 6-in-1 still,sigh.. duno isit becos last week he jus done his circumcised.

and ytd jap together with rotavirus vacination to.

btw, mamato6js, does Dr Ong E K have 24hr call hotline?

Any one here had braces done before??? Any dentist to recommend?

I still have 1 milk tooth that will fall off any minute. so thinking of getting braces to fill the gap..been delaying it for years already

michelle

yeah but sometimes need lead time to plan for shopping trip mah. if sale on tue, flyer reach on mon, how to go?

jess

no effect huh? what abt the other med? think pam took it, but i forgot the name liao.

maybe drinking more hot milo may help too? i drink LOTS of milo - like 4 cups/day!

flower

mine had fever the afternoon after the jab n was ok after a dose of paracetamol. did u give?

flower

was it the same pd who did the circumcision for ur boy? did he advise whether the jab can be done now?

i dun have the card with me. but u call ek ong no, there'll be a recorded message telling u the no. to call. if i dun rem wrongly, it's the branch at mt e

mama, my GP not pro in baby vaccine one... lol.. think I more pro than her.. hahahah

Cause all my 3 kids vaccine all carry in arms one.. but my GP scared if he moves then needle will break.. hahah I told her I expert liao, can carry and inject... then since he wants milk, I latch him loh... lol

But I really see a difference loh... I see next vaccine how

mummies

those who thinking of getting new breastpumups:

Just saw Robinson cardmembers can get Ameda Breatpumps from 22-24 Dec at cardmembers preview sale at $250, usual price $429!!

still come with nipple cream and freezer bags

Hi mummies, anyone interested to go for gathering at Baby Spa at Northpoint Yishun on coming Tues?

I'm bringing baby there for his swim and massage.
1) stephie1735
2) rach
3) prettymums
4)

Hi mummies, anyone interested to go for gathering at Baby Spa at Northpoint Yishun on coming Tues? Meet at level 2 Baby Spa at 1pm

I'm bringing baby there for his swim and massage.
1) stephie1735
2) rach
3) prettymums
4)

oh.. dun remember.. only tried fenugreek n the domperidone.... got from GP...
waiting for my new fenugreek frm jenifur leh.. since i paid for it liao.. and waited so long.. so have to take it..
Milo? helps ar? i din drink much milo... not much time.. i did drink plenty of water though...

<font color="0077aa">kris</font>
do u think i can buy this medicine Metoclopramide off counter? at pharmacy?
i havent had engorgement before leh... not even when BM comes lo.. super pathetic me...

jess

not sure if milo really helps in supply, but i find that drinking hot milo when pumping helps. maybe the heat improves circulation n it's easier for the milk to flow n come out? at parentcraft, i aws get a hot drink when latching/pumping.

<font color="#6600ff">Jul</font>

Your Sophie is here with me.
happy.gif

The prescription I got from my Gynae was Primperan. She said to eat 10 tabs and the supply would be established ( I think )

You drink Milo... I drink LOTSA Meiji milk when pumping.. COLD! XD

<font color="#6600ff">Vaccinations</font>

I think it is important for baby to relax before getting their jabs? Kairi went for hers just on Thursday. I was expecting her to wail as she was being held on her side and getting jabbed. I was talking to her and before I/She knew it, the jab was done! She didn't even feel the needle! ( I think ) Not a single noise from her... And to date * Cross fingers * No fever. I didn't give her the medication that was given to me.

Vaccination:
One way to avoid baby crying is to distract them... I used to shake a rattle violently while my hb carried baby upright, until baby didn't realise PD gave them the jab haha... but when my #1 turned 1 year old, she looked back to see what PD is doing then cried haha

Jess
I don't think can get from pharmacy leh. Will need to see doctor.
Why don't you give the clinic a call to ask if they even carry the medicine before heading down

Back