(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


kiki

mine also hates tummy time - he'll kick n struggle n turn red in the face. n same same, must fall asleep then can be put on tummy.

jess

is it milk strike?
 
Shelled> to me asking for dark chocolate is requesting, asking for particular brand is demanding :p

Waiwai, Shelled> wa thats very good sleeping routine. me envy too. like that part, go to bed with a smile, my boy sometime will fight sleep by crying. very funny bec i will be carrying him, patting him and everything is fine till the last leg when he is closing his eyes and he goes wai wai wai before falling asleep.
 
<font face="tahoma">
<font color="ff3399">Steph / Gerald</font>
Oh blur me. Totally never mention anything at all to most of you, then now I talk as if everyone already knows what we'll be selling.
lol.gif
Paiseh paiseh!

It's nursing accessories. Erm.. this is kinda hard to explain, but it's a brand of nursing covers that don't cover the baby.


<font color="ff3399">jul</font>
KittyLab: http://www.kittylab.com.sg/

I see if anyone else wants to see lor. If nobody then I won't bring to the gathering liao.
Cannot read the pigeon bottles markings then feel lor. :p I guess I've learnt to live with it. Better than having printed ones flake off then totally cannot see measurements at all!

My boy also hates tummy time lah. Same like his korkor. Oh, what's new. Two of them pattern all same same one.


<font color="ff3399">prinzess</font>
Lemme guess... your preferred brand must be not cheap one lor.
lol.gif

I like Royce Nama chocs leh. And while ppl keep screaming that they're so expensive, I find the price very decent for the quality lor. OMG, now just mentioning it makes me feeling like eating! This Sunday must go and buy 1 box!

Hahaha, you know, my #1 fights the last moment as well. When he goes to bed, all is quiet, at most hear him mumbling about dunnowhat then RIGHT before he falls asleep, will usually hear him whining/crying as if he was very angry with something. Then Hubs and I will usually look at each other and go "Yup. That's the Final Struggle." It's disgusting how he turned out like this. He used to be such a good kid when it came to bedtime. I'm blaming this on the baby cos #1 was still very good at bedtime until I was 37wks pregnant. Pfffffft. The woes of my life.
</font>
 
shelly,

wah... ur bb very guai now... keke mine need to stuff pacifier and then KO keke...

bedtime routine,
7pm milk feed
7.30pm bathe
change to pj
7.45 to 8pm put in the cot
wrap and off light
give pacifier (usually keep dropping off... so gotta give till she sleeps keke

if good.. will knock off at 8.30... sometimes drag till 9+ -_-"
11pm dream feed
6.30 - 7am wakie for milk
 
my girl slept from 1145pm till now..
boobs exploding so i'm here pumping.. hehehe. :p


<font color="dc143c">dreamfeed</font>
why do we give dreamfeed huh??
if they no wake up must feed them issit?
 
<font color="dc143c">mama6</font>
think she ko real hard coz yest didnt sleep at all!! 2-3 episode of 15min-30min nap..then see look see look... cry for attention etc..
almost go bonkers. cant do my things at all...

but good that she slept for 8hrs plus now.. wahhahaa....
 
i hv relatives tellg me its cos he nt full in the day tats y must wake up at nite. pls lor! he drinks 140ml 2-3hrly in thbe day how can be nt full?? then i still got iritating ppl tellg me cos my bm not filling / low calories etc... again pls lor! if low calories his fats build up from air not milk ah?? these ppl really iritate me. nothing better to say better nt say right? heng i not first time mom tryg to bf if not i kena PND!
 
mama to 6js,

ya.. i oso got irritated if pple tell me bm is not filling haha

rach,
dreamfeed so that bb wun wake up for milk at nite... so 11pm i will feed her (she is asleep) and then 7am wake her up for milk... this is my routine for her lah... use for #1 and find it good. so use for #2... i'm learning from baby whisperer book
 
hehehe...after 8 hours.. i got 170ml in less than 15min.. i'm gonna stop coz bottle full liaoz..
using only one pump..coz ran out of bottle..the other one storing the miserable 50ml last nite.. hahah....
she's still sleepin..and i'm returning to sleep...
before no more slp!!
 
rach,

cannot.. her 'last' feed is 7pm leh... then ard 8+ to 9pm KO... so if i skip 11pm feed. she will wake up which i dun wan that to happen as i wanna let her sleep through.
 
crystalz
ur baby pattern is similiar to mine. except after his 7pm milk feed he immediately KO. in fact sometimes halfway oredy KO. i also wake him up at ard 11pm to feed then aft that i go to bed. i also scared if i dun wake him to feed wait i just fell asleep kena awaken by him to feed
 
Hello ladies,

im back. Finally done wif the hse moving project. Lol.
Internet access not yet up hence tapping on to elseone network..keke

ion gathering- someone help me to cut and paste my nick wif #1.
( wil try to bring baby cos thought of heading to robinson to shop shop after thr gathering. mamato6js and i same same scare troublesome cos later baby poo &amp; etc. )

Shelled,
congrats to ur new biz.

I missed out the posts since 20th nov - trying to read now *faint*
 
mamato6, crystalz

sam norm starts 'acting up' by 8pm. so gotta prepare him for bed so that he can have his last feed ard 830pm or 9pm latest. after that, he usu poops, we change diaper, then he'll ko ard 10pm or 1030pm. the next time he wakes up n cries for milk will be 6am/630am.

but strangely, he wun go back to sleep right after that. he'll poop, play a while, then sleep another 3h or so ard 730/8am. y doesn't he go back to sleep immed?

anyway not true that fm is more filling than bm. when i was still supp-ing sam, he wants milk the samo no of hrs after fm/bm!
 
Wai wai,
I am so envious of Zhen Hao's sleep routine. My after I latch her on, she will be half asleep. But once I place her on her cot, she will cry. When its not too loud I will ignore but when it escalate into screams I try to pacify her by talking to her and holding her hands. But these always fall. So I turned to pat her on her back. It works.

Last night I try to allow her to cry longer period of about 15 mins. Then I talked to her but it failed. I pushed the pacifier in when she starts to wimper.... I stood there to hold her pacifier in place cos when it drops out, she will scream again. It took me about 1.5 hour to make her sleep that way. Hiaz.. so tiring...

Waiwai, you mentioned that you allowed Zhen Hao to cry for about an hour or so. AFter that he just sleeps? Do you go in and talk to him during that period of time?

Michelle
Since I did not pat her or carry her last night, she took a longer time to go to bed. She slept at around 8.30. But she woke up at 5.30 am still and was pretty cranky. Hiaz.. Although managed to push back her sleep time, she still wakes up at 5. DOn't know what to do now.

Ling
Our babies are alike. I had tried 45min once but she just simply cries. Only when I carry her she knocked out immediately. She seems like don't know how to sleep on her own.

Rach,
Like Crystalz I also dreamfeed my baby. Cos if not her last feed is 7pm leh. Sure cannot last till the next morning. So feed around 10 to 11pm.

BO
I will look through and let you know tonight? Then see whether we have a minium of 10 first. How many you getting?
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Michelle</font>

How you push back yr boy's bedtime huh?? Jed's bedtime is ard 7pm - 7:30pm till 7:30am the next morning. He will make hell lot of noise if he cannot sleep at tt time. If like tt I cannot bring him out @ all lor... e last time round we went caregrp, I had to sling &amp; swing him from 8pm till I reach hm @ 12am. Den he dam buay song cuz cannot sleep properly.. wake up every 2hr to fuss. If he continue like tt den I no nite life liao lor


<font color="aa00aa">Blessed</font>

Jed is taking Animal Parade Baby Plex. It was recommended by his previous PD, Dr. Keoy. He's now seeing Dr. Emily Epton in KKH.

Jed is my #3 lor, I delivered him via C-section at 30wks.. Heard that yr Ian is also a preemie. Dun worry so much ya.. preemie r v strong &amp; they catch up v fast. Ask e mummies here... Jed is super chubby now lor, doesn't even look like a preem. You are welcome to pinch his cheek when you see him ya
happy.gif



<font color="0000ff">Jed's bedtime routine</font>
6pm - 7pm : Milk feed / Wipe Down / Change diaper &amp; clothes
7pm - 8pm(max) : Leave him in e living rm till he cry for bed.
12am : dream feed
7:30am: U will hear him kicking &amp; coo in his cot. tis bugger v punctual but can leave him in tere for another half hr till he fuss for his milk.


<font color="aa00aa">Plush Pad</font>

I am actually asking my gf to lug back from States. Her regular shop can give her discount if we order 15pcs so price after discount is
$40.85. My gf is either coming bac b4 X'mas or early Jan. So I think Rach's lobang might be more attractive since her supplier is v aggressive &amp; v kind to ignore SRP in order to benefit e mummy is this thread
happy.gif



<font color="0000ff">Jul</font>

Happy w yr recent purchase thus far?? e price is quite attractive.. was telling DH mayb we can jus get another peg if e need arise.</font>
 
<font color="0000ff">mama_to_6js,</font>
**hi-5** my kids are like yours, both of them were/are carried to sleep :) While I am envious of those who can sleep on thier own, I am actually enjoying the time bonding with them. For my #1, I carried him to sleep till he was close to 1yo, can't remember exactly. And until now, I still accompany him to sleep, but don't have to carry, just lying by his side. During this time, we talk, we sing, we play, etc, the very precious 10-30min for just the 2 of us, very nice :) For my #2, is my hubby who carries her to sleep since I am with #1. He enjoys it so much until even after my baby falls asleep, my hubby continues to let her sleep on his chest until he needs to do something else, and he calls that very special bonding :) Ya, I know, then we have to stay up later to finish running the errands, but it's ok for us.


<font color="0000ff">flower4</font>,
Just curious - if you are pumping for your baby's next day usage, why do you store your EBM in milkbag? Isn't that double the work (to pour in the milk bag, then pour into the bottle for baby to drink)? Get a few more milk bottles?
 
Good morning all!

ION Outing @ Swensens

8th December, Tue, 2pm
1.rach
2. Stephie1735 - bringing mum and #1 with baby... mum wants to eat ice-cream.. lol Anyone knows how much per pax?
3. prinzess55
4. kiki
5. jul
6.shelled - Won't be having ice cream buffet. 不要害我!I'm still trying to lose weight!5.
7. mamato6
8. prettymums (tentatively)
9. waiwai
10. Melissa
11. Happykae with #1
12. Angeline
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

Waiwai/shelled
I also envy about your boy's bedtime routine. My girl will start to be in a sleepy mode from 9+pm onwards. But she usually dun fall asleep until about 10+pm or 11+pm.

I also same as Rach have to carry her &amp; pat her to sleep. If just put her on the cot like what my hubs does, she ok for a while then will start to weh for attention. If no one attends to her then she will WEH louder until someone comes to her. When she fall asleep then put her down. Need to put hold her pacifier cos if it drops, she'll wake up.
 
Chocolates
Royce is kinda like a premium choco la...

I used to indulge in DARS dark chocolate back in uni (yes... very long ago). I think it has a great texture and sufficient flavour. Great pricing too I feel.

Breast milk
Wah seh... I can't believe that some of your girls are pumping out sooo much. But I guess sufficient is good enough. They say that your breastmilk evolves as your baby grows so the nutrients are different? If so, then won't freezing it for later make the kid 'malnourished' in a way?
 
Shelled> i like Royce too
happy.gif
think since there are quite a few mummies gathering at Ion you should bring your new prod that day.

CrystaLZ> if i feed at 7pm he will wake up at 10pm already for next feed haha... once i try dreamfeed him. Last feed at 9pm, then dreamfeed at 11pm.he only take 80ml, so in e end still wake up in e middle of e nite. hard to force him to drink if he is full when awake, so even harder when he is asleep. he will close his mouth v tight or scream and cry.
 
<font face="comic Sans ms">I'm bringing my whole gang down to "promote" our biz so mus give face hor. @ least mus see see &amp; touch touch.
happy.gif
BTW I've 30% Discount on Swensen's Local Infusion Ice Cream Sundae. 1 redemption per voucher per bill so anyone needs, let me know ya

<font color="0000ff">ION Outing @ Swensens</font>

8th December, Tue, 2pm
1.rach
2. Stephie1735 - bringing mum and #1 with baby... mum wants to eat ice-cream.. lol Anyone knows how much per pax?
3. prinzess55
4. kiki
5. jul
6.shelled - Won't be having ice cream buffet. 不要害我!I'm still trying to lose weight!5.
7. mamato6
8. prettymums (tentatively)
9. waiwai
10. Melissa
11. Happykae with #1
12. Angeline
13. Jenifur w Do Re Mi &amp; helper <font color="ff0000">*not taking buffet*</font>(But I might reach @ 3pm or leave early as concide w naptime)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20. </font>
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">HappyKae</font>

Can I pass u e milkbag on 7-Dec instead of posting?? I very scared to post to yr area leh.. I already lost 2 packages there liao</font>
 
<font face="tahoma">
<font color="ff3399">happykae</font>
Thanks!!
happy.gif

How is your house-moving going??


<font color="ff3399">jul</font>
Hahahahaa! What's wrong with Hello Kitty?!?!


<font color="ff3399">Gerald</font>
Oh yes, DARS is good too! But nothing beats the melty softness of Royce Nama leh. I only like their Nama Chocs, the rest can all melt and go to the dogs I also won't care.
lol.gif



<font color="ff3399">Angeline</font>
Nothing to envy about hor. Esp now that jenifur share her boy's routine. Sleep from 12mn til 7.30am alllll the way!! OMG. My bugger still wakes up to feed TWICE before sunrise lor. Ard 3am and ard 6am. And I can't dream feed him cos this bugger won't suck when he's sleepy! Even tried giving him bottle for dream feed, but it doesn't work also cos he will simply stop drinking after a few sucks. He will only drink when he WANTS to drink.


<font color="ff3399">prinzess</font>
I don't want to turn the gathering into my own private product launch mah. Some ppl may not like the idea cos it's kinda like taking the outing for my own personal gain.
If mommies are keen then I will bring 1 for each color/size so everyone can play play with them lor.

</font>
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Shelled</font>

My Jed "tam jia" mah... U jus bring e teat near to his lips, he will open &amp; suck liao, finish will use his tongue to push out. Do all these while sleeping. Sometimes he will also suck his fits in his dream lor...</font>
 
Gerald,
That's (the "malnourished" part) what I have been thinking about. I guess what the mummies do is to freeze newer stock and thaw the older stock to give baby. So the stored EBM is still "up-to-date" and hence is not "malnourished" per se.
 
shelled/Jenifur
alamak.. i cant make it on the 8th lor.. sigh.. but i want to see ur demo leh... how how? got another private session for me anot?
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Gerald/Kam</font>

My practice is always to mix half of the thaw EBM w freshly pumped EBM. But frozen EBM will not completely lose their nutrient in the process of freezing so still beneficial to BB
happy.gif
</font>
 
Jen,
OIC. Not say it losses the nutrient. But it's more of BM keeps changing every month (or week?) so that the nutrients is most optimal for the baby, no? That's why usually baby is drinking almost the same amount of BM from 2 to 6 months, no?
 
jenifur
envy Jed's sleeping time! my gal still dont want to sleep after 9pm feed.. the earliest she sleeps is ard 11pm lor... sigh...
 
milkyway> i only feed fbm when dey are close to "expiry". den store de newly pumped one. so i can ensure dat de fbm in de freezer are olways fit for consumption. as in not expired. other than tat, i wun feed fbm.

rach> my boy oso. now day time he can tahan 3-4hrs, but nite time i dunno is he wan drink or wat. de moment he cry i feed him, cos i too tired n no mood to entertain him =x i dun even bother to change his diapers =x

ur gal is so guai la. another reason for u to have #2. i told my hubby no more #2, cos his #1 so notti, i cant even sleep with 1, with 2 how to tahan. den he still can tell me #1 notti, maybe #2 guai den i will find taking care of #2 a breeze. den when i ask wat if #2 is worse than #1, he reply me den at least not so extreme fr super guai to super notti. u r trained liao -_-" really wanna faint

melissa> i hate door-less nursing room. if no door y i bother to go nursing room? might as well do it anywhere. faint.

ya, my boy juz suck anything, from finger to palm to fist. now one fist not enugh, need 2. really dunno to laugh or cry at his actions.

jul> really cant see de readings on de pigeon bottles? i haven used them. so i dunno =p if u hate them, any other solution?

shelled> yummy, i oso like royce nama chocs, i oso dun find them ex, cos dey taste so good =p

tlisa> at least better than my boy? last nite after 9pm feed, he ko-ed at 1030, 12am hubby dreamfeed him, 338am he wake me up for milk n ko-ed at 355am, 548am he screamed again so i juz gave him my breast to keep him quiet n he went back to bed at 6am. 658am he scream again, but than nvm, time for me to wake up anyway. ignored him until 715am cos i was bz freezing last nite's pump into milkbag

jenn> haha. let him make alot of noise once lo. i bo bian la. cos his sleep time is 4pm till 4am, if i dun push back, de one to make hell lot of noise will be me when i go back wk =p

my boy still ok leh. if he really wanna ko, he will ko in de babybjorn sling tat his dd use to carry him
 
jenifur

still waiting for delivery! 1-3pm tdy *bouncing up n down*

shelled

nothing wrong with hello kitty. except i dun c the attraction lor haha

michelle

i use medela bottles. pump n store, then when wanna feed, just attach teat. i've got 14 of them!
 
<font color="119911">Sleep routine</font>
So envious of mummies who can sleep thru' the nite. My boy's routine as such..
11pm Fed and nappy changed, placed in cot. He'll start his arms and legs swinging routine
12-12:30am Finally sleeps...
4:30-5am Wakes for feed
7am Wakes for feed

JUL even better! Hubby helps to put bb to sleep! Your lucky girl!
 
kiki, Melissa, prinzess55, tlisa, Angeline:
don't envy my boy's sleeping routine... even though Zheng Hao can self k.o. at 10pm, i still have problems... he wakes up at 2-3am, so he only sleeps max 4+ hours in one stretch, unlike some babies here who can sleep 6-7 hours. when he wakes up, he makes "eh eh" sound that disturbs me and my #1. then he must be fed to go back to sleep. then 5-6am wakes up again, feed and sleep.

my #1 is 15-month, but still needs pacifier to sleep. she has been staying at my PIL house during weekdays, so her bed time routine is all mess up. grandparents would not "force" her to sleep if she doesn't want to. she is going to childcare centre and will live with us everyday from next month, that's why i must make #2 learn to sleep by himself, then i can train #1's sleeping pattern

tlisa:
i don't talk to Zheng Hao if he doesn't not sleep. coz if i talk, he becomes very happy and "talks" to me!!! i only pat his shoulder, and say "ssssssssssshhhhh". no conversation haha

Gerald:
i also like DARS chocolate! i saw some other different flavours in Japan, but can't find in S'pore, hmm... for frozen BM, i will use within 3 weeks
 
shelled:
u like Hello Kitty? have u been to Sanrio Puroland in Tokyo? u sure love that place! i'm not Kitty fan, me is My Melody fan haha. always fight with my #1 for my Melody soft toy... me 老頑童 :p


really envy mummies with babies who can sleep >6 hours in one stretch!!!

Itsy:
some boys learn to walk very early. my friend's son at 12-month can walk very steadily
 
itsy,
My #1 (boy) started walking when he turned 10 month. There is another boy in the Jan08 thread who walk before turning 10 month. Still haven't come across any baby walk earlier than 9 month. But it is possible.
 
<font face="Calisto mt">jenifur, Thank you for answering my questions. Ian is seeing Dr. Koey too. Can I ask why did you switch Jed to KKH? Where can I buy Animal Parade Baby Plex? Jed is on total breastmilk? He doesn't have the reflux problem which most preemie have? Dr. Koey insisted Ian must be given formula to thicken the breast milk. Sorry for asking so many questions but I do not know anyone else with preemie</font>
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul</font>

U didn't lug e pram back on e spot?? Red is v nice but too bad my DH dun like.. I got e stupid dull geyish/black pram


<font color="aa00aa">Milkyway</font>

I had to b heartless for a few nites when training him to sleep on his own lor.. BUT NOW stupid mummy wana push back his bedtime, so contradicting rite.


<font color="0000ff">Crystalz</font>

U also giving dream feed? Any idea when is recommend to stop dream feed? I sort of forgot to give Jed e dream feed few nite ago, end up he woke up @ 5am screaming for his milk.


<font color="aa00aa">Michelle</font>

After awhile hor.. you will forget all the 苦 &amp; only rem e 甜 part of bringing them up. My DH always suan me cuz I swear tt I'm gng to stop @ #1 &amp; yet..

I'm using pigeon tall milk bottle &amp; storage bottle to pump. e marking on the storage bottle dam difficult to see esp when it's cold lor. But v durable lah. I freeze using playtex liner.. if I use lansionh milkbag, think I'll b super duper broke. If I use bottle den I prob will need 2 deep freezer.


<font color="0000ff">Kam</font>

I jus went to check, Jed is still drinking e FBM dated Aug-09..Yes, e nutrients in our BM are always changing to suit the growth of our bb. From what I understand, it's perfectly ok for an older bb to drink e breast milk meant for younger bb but nt e other way round. I think the same goes for FM too.

Anyway freezing does not significantly alter either the nutrients or the immunological components in breast milk. So giving FBM is still better den giving FM (no offence to mummy giving FM). FM company has done a pretty good job of trying to duplicate e ingredients in breast milk — and are coming closer — but haven't matched their exact combination and composition. Because some of breast milk's more complex substances are too difficult to manufacture and some have not yet been identified.</font>
 
kam,
no, i already have 4.5litres of fbm storage, am pumping for refil for the those milk the use during while im working.

kam, any good solution for tat? if i use bottle and use for next day. the 4.5litres willbecome untouch.
 
Jen,
Thanks for the info. Think you are right, it's ok for older baby to drink younger baby's milk but not the other way round. BM is good stuff, so it can never go wrong hor.

Every time when we saw our #1 happily drinking the leftover EBM (only ~30-50ml at the most) from meimei, suck and suck, last drop finish still suck and suck, aiyoh, heart pain leh. Cos I failed to BF #1 mah. Hubby asked if it's possible to pump more so #1 can drink my BM as well. But chances are very very slim. I only have just enough supply for #2. Already taking Fenugreek. Cannot increase pump session or time, cos started working. Will try the sacred tea soon sold on the BP. Some friends suggested More milk Plus. You know of any other way to increase the BM?


Flower4,
Since yours is not for long term storage, I think storage bottle/milk bottle will be more suitable (and cost saving) for you? I am not sure if this works for you, cos I don't have that much to store :)
 


I envy all their sleeping time. Think I still sleep less than any of them.

On a more serious note, thinking of establishing a sleep routine for Marc. Anyone with suggestions on how it works?
 

Back
Top