(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

tlisa> haha. for me? i stop pumping when i got no space in freezer, or slowly clear out de space in my freezer one layer at a time. now i manage to vacant another row. soon my hubby will be screaming. but i still prefer de btm 2 drawers. cos dey considered seperate compartment n milk will be able to store longer in there

i even have some milk at my parent's place. so if bb needs to go over anytime, i dun need to remember to bring milk =p

steph> lol. okok. let me find his number. tonite i sms him. maybe i pick up later. lol =x

btw, mushroom pot nice meh? i heard reviews not very good wor

rach> keke. but than agn, if no interest in milk, got to check tat she is well wor.

hehe. joking abt saying photocopy la. but my idea tat it's black n white means can juz photocopy, if i buy i'll buy de colored ones. cos i dun really need de cards to be thick =p juz used to stimulate his mind

i got a few toys which is meant for 3mths+ one. all given by pple. basically is shapes, texture stuffs. hubby got a shock when one day i ask him take something for me. he say wow. bb got so many toys ah. lol =x

i dun open n close de playgym. i juz leave it at one corner of my living room, since it's pretty big =p i got toys all over de hm for bb. haha. at dining area i got his rocker chair. den depending on where i m, i put him on which toy =p

sharon> no leh. i dun haf. my fridge is de one side fridge one side freezer kind. so i got quite a few layers of freezer. de btm 2 is drawers one.

i got de glass bottles fr de hospital. basically dey r free. i only need to buy de caps. i got abt 50bottles. 40 in freezer, 5 used to pump n store milk, another 5 in my parent's hm =p

kiki> he enjoy de cot mobile more den de playgym somehow =p
 


mamato6js> i got it at taka bb fair at 139. oso saw it at 139 at robinsons after discount. stupid me, shuld have gotten from robinsons instead. cos got 5% rebate with cc oso =p
 
michelle,
thanks..i wanted get bottles fr hospital too but now need pass to go up to the ward...no chance to go to the nursery lei
i need bottles to store to prepare to back to work
 
<font color="ee1289"><font size="+1">Michelle</font></font>
she behaves normal... still laugh and talk to us.. sleeps etc... everything seems normal.. only refuses to drink... when i tried at 2 &amp; 3 hour interval...
her last fed is 3.5hours interval...
Mmm.. i wonder by what age will they feed at longer interval???

wah..so nice to have so many toys.. hehe..

<font color="ee1289"><font size="+1">mama6</font></font>
u can get the play gym at $139 at Kiddy Palace too i think... ;)
 
sharon> erms. which hospital u go? anyway if no glass bottles, u can go buy pigeon storage bottles. 3bottles for 12bucks or so if i din remember wrongly de price. i got 9 of those bottles which i intend to use to store de milk to de amt dat bb drinks in 1 feed n let him take to infant care. else i doubt de infant care so good, dere so hardworking help me seperate de milk to de correct portion.

rach> if she behaves normal, den nvm lo. if bb is hungry, she will fuss herself. no need u beg her to drink one =p

hehe. ya lo. not bad la. so many toys. no need buy liaos. save my money.
 
haha bad mummy is back

fed him, then propped him on my bed. fell asleep after talking to him for 15min. think he kicked n entertained himself talking to my wedding collage till he got sleepy. then i threw him on his cot n he fell asleep.

aiyoh i din even change his top which got wet with some milk
 
Fenugreek - Order on 1st Dec, arriving estimate end Dec. Please state your interest cause if not many ppl want, I just order 20 bottles. If more ppl want, then maybe I can order more bottles.
1) Stephie1735 - 3 bottles
2) KiKi - 1 bottle
3) Prettymums - 2 bottles
4) Corinne79 - 2 bottles
 
corinne, bbq, kiki

regarding supply.. it's still possible to up supply. i took fenugreek - am still taking - n also got this meds called domperidine )not sure of spelling) from my gynae. that med increased my supply by 33% lor.
 
Michelle,
I do the same like you said. I give the nanny 3-4 bottle of 120ml every morning. Then on Thursday night, i ask how many bottles left, so Friday only give her the no of bottles that's enough for that day so that she doesn't need to freeze the remaining ones at her place. I am using Avent milk bottle though for this purpose, not the storage bottle, so that she can give EBM to my girl straight away, no need to pour here and there.
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">milkyway...</font>

JIAYOU!!! Pump! Pump! Pump!
happy.gif
</font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">michelle...</font>

partly cos I wana save bags also ma.. haha~

Wow! amazing amt of FBM u have there.. i dun have space to store anymore liao.. </font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">rach...</font>

really? i nv google such reasons before wor.. not if i remember la.. thats scary!

erm.. sorry ah.. just checking.. u are using the same colour font as shelled? hurhur~ cos everytime i read the thread n i come across this colour, i tot its shelled's post.. haha.. cos i remember urs is red all along.. perhaps the only difference is the size of ur font ba.. </font>
 
Prettymums

My girl also rejects the bottle. What I do now is I latch on first... then when she sucks halfway... I remove her from my breast and offers the bottle. This is to bluff her that she is still latching on.

Another thing is to offer the bottle at night... When they can't seem to see anything. See if works. I plan to ask my husband to feed with the bottle when she is awake to see if it works.
 
jul> lol. u not bad mummy la. anyway i only change my boys clothes max 3times a day, but he wet his clothes very often with vomit milk =p cos if i change everytime he wet, den i will faint at de laundry =x

steph> if order more den 20bottles, wun u be slapped with gst? i oso not sure how de gst thingy works =p

kam> wow. 3-4bottles enugh? ur boy dun drink very often? my feeds quite often still. but i only intend to give 100ml each bottle. cos he vomits quite often too.

prettymums> keep trying to give him bottle? else i oso dunno how wor. but not so bad since u r a sahm? u try asking someone else to bottle feed him rather den u do it oso cannot?

ling> haha. i oso wan save milkbags, but i so butterfingers. img i store 200ml per bag oso can squeeze until 20ml of milk pour out. if i store 320ml per bag, haha. one time pour will be 100ml liaos =x

aiyoh, i dun have alot of fbm wor, cos i super lazy to pump n really as u can c, not much space to store liaos. so dun really pump very often, plus mine one pump dun haf much milk oso
 
Hi Jul in week 37,

Does taking domperidine have any side effect??
I am currently taking fenugreek too. Now on the second bottles le but supply is still so so.Is it still in time to increase supply?
 
Kam
That's very near my place. So how? I also don't know how much leh.

tlisa
My boy now angry with me for forcing him to drink from bottle. Refused to latch also. Haha... Headache.

I tried to latch first and then offer bottle. He suck twice then refused. Will try your method to feed him during his dreamy state.
 
jul,
which one worked better? domperidine or fenugeek?

ling,
thanks gal. yes yes, still trying...but i'm in wk9 already. still got hope or not?
 
mummies,
in between baby's afternoon naps, usually how long is your baby awake? and when awake, what do u usually do with baby? meaning u entertain baby with what?
 
michelle,
My GIRL now takes 120ml EBM every 4 hourly so actually only needs 3 bottles for the day (latch her before send her to nanny), and she sleeps a lot, usually about 6 hours nap per day. My hubby said very easy job for the nanny :)
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">kiki...</font>

Have de lo.. try the power pumping like shelled did.. U CAN DO IT GAL!!</font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">michelle...</font>

em.. if u butterfingers, this one i cannot help u liao.. for me, i always pour n seal them upright.. so store them in the freezer also upright de.. i oso got spillage de.. but not always la.. and i guess its inevitable de ba...</font>}
 
back from Gelare....so full....

Jul
I got domperidine at home also, but i remember doc gave me for nausea during pregnancy leh..got dual use ah??
 
So muck milk! How I wish I can fill up my fridge with so much milk.. hehe.. but i'm rather lazy these days.. only pump dilligently at work and before bed.. and at 4am.. as for mornings, i stop pumping already as i always underestimate my time, end up late for work!
 
kris, kiki, corinne

Well, I tok Doperidine only in my week 9 also. It worked for me.

Actually what happens is that my supply was really really low. Like only got less than 200ml a day that kind.

Then I took fenugreek. Took me abt 1.5 bottles to see effect. I took 6 caps a day. Think that time maybe ard 500ml?

After I took the doper, it went up to 700-800ml.

Recently it went up to 800ml, sometimes 900ml if I'm very well-rested, not stressed, lucky, hardworking haha. I din do anything different. Still continued to pump only 5-6 times a day, sometimes only 4 times if I'm too tired or go out for long periods. Maybe because I 'see open' liao, then more relaxed, then the milk came?

Before that I was so stressed, kept getting kancheong when 3h is up &amp; I can't pump b/c BB is crying &amp; needs my attn, n the supply was pathetic.

After I 'see open', only pump 5-6 hourly, the supply went up.

But I exclusively pump hor. I dun latch one. So 800-900ml is ALL I have for 24h.

Luckily Sam started sleeping the the nite &amp; skipping feeds, so I managed to scrape enough EBM so I dun need to supp with FM. If not, if he continues drinking 1000ml+ a day, I cannot make it one!
 
oh yeah! I think one more thing helped. I bot another pumpset. So I dun have to rush to wash immed after I pump. I can accumulate n wash when Sam is in deep sleep. That also helps to decrease stress for me.

And I'm using Medela PISA. It's bulky &amp; noisy but I think it works rather well. Can't coment on PISA vs Freestyle but I bot PISA coz it's tried, tested, proven &amp; highly recommended by TMC Parentcraft, so I bot it from there in desperation
 
rach, michelle

Yeah I saved under favs liao! Super sian, yest nite pumping then can't get in *angry*

bbq

I tried replying ur PM but it bounced back leh
sad.gif


steph

Wah.. scary.,
Hey but u dun have my add or hp, what if I really run? muahaha
 
pigeon storage bottles

I bot them, dun like them. I find the material too thick. Very hard to heat up the milk quickly. Also, the markings are embossed rather than coloured. I always need to squint n feel with my fingertips to see the amt of milk. Stupid man.
 
ling
not jiayou.. should b Jia Nai! Jia Nai! Jia Nai! lol

michelle
we have the same cot mobile... but i think the gym seems different.. cant rem.. took out from the hamper, put my gal there then she keeps crying so kept it away for now.. but she likes the cot mobile..
 
Kiki, I am in the same situation as you --- need to supplement with 75% FM. My baby poo once every alternate or two days. I am quite worried.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Jul</font> - lol then I ren ming loh.. hehee honestly hor in my 27 years, I already do a lot of things that were being taken advantage of.. hhahaha so doesn't really matter lah... I very Ah Q one... do good for ppl at least benefit the person loh.. not wasted what... lol
 
Jul, your bfeeding journey is exactly like mine! From less than 200ml a day to now about 800-900ml and I pump 4x without latch on.
 
michelle - paiseh! my sis came over to stay ytd so i din login at night and i KOed early. i saw ur post in the evening but my room was so dark n baby's latching so i cant on the lights to type! heh!
 
<font size="+2"><font color="#6600ff">Good Evening Mommies!</font></font>

<font color="#6600ff">Ling</font>

I only get MAX 210ml when I pump after 5-6hrs for 30mins!!! If one day I can only get 700+ml... And I pump like 5 times a day! God bless me my supply still goes up up up gradually.. If I continue to oversleep for 7hrs and my supply dips.. I will <font color="ff0000">SERIOUSLY</font> bang my head on the wall! I wish I can pump more frequently... I tried power pumping and I THINK it works... But my work schedule is really unpredictable... So ya... Pfft~~~

<font color="#6600ff">Stephanie</font>

Order 2 bottles for me ya?

And have you compared the local Fenugreek and the US one? Apparently my HB compared the 2 bottles and the US one says No Soy. So the Local one has Soy... Don't know what the difference is though
lol.gif


<font color="#6600ff">Angel</font>

Shells method on power pumping is to pump every 2-3 hrs.
happy.gif


<font color="#6600ff">Ning</font>

My girl poops once every 2-3days! <font color="#6600ff">Stephanies</font> boy too... When I do supplement Kairi with FM. I do not follow the exact water amount because I believe the FM will make her constipated. Well.. I guess everything will be fine... DOn't worry too much ya? Stay Positive!
happy.gif


<font color="#6600ff">Jul</font>

My doc gave me Primperan... Don't know if it helps because I am supposed to take it 1/2 and hour before meals twice a day... And I keep forgetting to!!!

<font color="#6600ff">Prettymums</font>

Did you try to touch his lips with the teat? I think it takes time for them to get adapted... Take your time and don't panic! If your supply drop due to stress it will be worse!!!

<font color="#6600ff">Kam</font>

My girl takes 120ml every 3hourly and sometimes in the day till 1am! And she's 8 weeks today! Little BIG eater... >.<

<font color="#6600ff">Milkyway</font>

You are funny too... Add milk... Add milk...
lol.gif


<font color="#6600ff">Eunice</font>

Hi, PD says it's normal for BB's to sometimes poo once every 2-3days especially with FM. Try diluting the FM more. Like for example if as directed it says 4 scoops to 120ml of water.. Do 4 scoops to 150ml? You can try... That's what I did and I found my girl wasn't as constipated.
 
Jul, can doperidine and fenugreek be taken concurrently? Any side effects for doperidine? Can i get doperidine from pharmacy?

Steph, i would like to have one bottle of fenugreek. Tks.
 



Back
Top