(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Wow, all your babies can go without diaper changes for so long! Mine will get diaper rash
sad.gif
I've to change every 2-3 hours with every feed.
 


corsage> i really laugh like mad when i read this statement: "so I looked like this beige bump in the restaurant the whole time!!"

but ya, i latch bb on when i'm outside. nv so troublesome to bring ebm out to feed him. like tat need alot of supply of ebm =p
 
Shelled,
Dont think I plan to pump ebm for aby while I'm travelling. I hardly express now and what i have at the moment is just enough for bab. I plan to put her on form ula in my absence.

Read above that you feed baby in pouch when you go out. How you do that? What kinda pouch do you use?

Unfortunately hor, my boobs really feel very bruised because I have to massage quite hard to get milk flowing. Otherwise, onece the letdown fades, flow is so slow baby will take forever to empty the breast. End up I walk around with "or ce" (black green) boobs.

Rach,
Im interested in nuursing poncho. How much is it again?

Baby usually satisfied feeding only one side if she empties it. And I alternate sides for feeds every 3 hours. So it takes about 6 hours to fill up each boob. If I feed both sides during a feed, the second breast doesnt fill up quickly enough by the next feed, then end up not enough for next feed. Dont know how to get round the dilemma. So usually I let her suck on one side until she seems happy, since the breast is never completely really empty.

Jul,
This website is quite good for showing how to use different slings.
www.slingbabies.co.nz Look under instructions.
 
Hi all mummies,

I have 3 tins of Isomil Advance EyeQ (soy-protein formula) for 0-6 mths to let go.

Powder : 900g per tin
Price : S$25.00 per tin
Manufacturing Date : Dec 2008 / Expiry Date : Dec 2010
Location : East Area

Pls pm me if interested.
 
<font color="Ff0099">Michelle</font>
I know it's v v v different. But it's the only way that works for me! I also dunno why.
Actually 170ml 1 boob is not really that much considering that K is drinking ard 120ml per feed. Plus, if I don't have more excess, then I buy Ameda to do power pumping all wasted money and effort?! Cannot be lah. I really pump until hei hei chuan lor!


<font color="Ff0099">mama to 6Js</font>
Where got!! You met K before what. He don't look like he match his weight meh?!

Actually 150ml on your right is a lot leh! I BF 2 kids also only got 170ml max max then so hard and feel like going to explode liao. And my 170ml is accumulated after 6 hrs lor!


<font color="Ff0099">corsage</font>
Hahahah, that must have been quite an experience! I don't use nursing shawl/poncho simply because I predict I would have the same problem as you. I have never brought EBM out simply because it would be way too much trouble to try and keep it chilled before using, and then later to warm it up. Not to mention must find a way to wash bottles after that. Also, if bb suddenly ki siao and wanna feed before feeding time is up, you will be in big trouble to heat up EBM!


<font color="Ff0099">Twiggy</font>
I think it's still doable if you start to up your supply now, but giving FM will definitely be easier and much less tiring for everyone. Esp for the person who needs to warm up the EBM during your absence.

I alternate between Lucky Baby Sling and Pupsik Pouch. Both are the same type lah, not the MIM kind with buckle/ring. Basically just put bb into sling, take boob out, and then latch him on? I also dunno how to describe.
lol.gif
Maybe I should ask my hubs to help me make a video to show you guys??
 
<font color="Ff0099">Just some jokes I'd like to share with you guys for some good laughs! </font>

Did I read that sign right?
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a Laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

In a Memphis department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

In an office:
AFTER COFFEE BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE COFFEE POT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Outside a secondhand shop:
WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

Notice in health food shop window:
CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

Spotted in a safari park:
ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

Seen during a conference:
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE 1ST FLOOR

Notice in a farmer's field:
THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.

Message on a leaflet:
IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS

On a repair shop door:
WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

<center>
rofl.gif
*
rofl.gif
*
rofl.gif
</center>
 
shelled &amp; mamato6j,

today i checked my gals BCG scar, now looks like got pus inside. can no longer see the 'hole' but seems like its because it's filled with some yellowish thingy which looks like pus? but its like trapped inside now, its not oozing out or anything. any cause for concern ah? infection? what should i do, what can i clean it with? need to go paed or not? no fever though...

what does a normal bb BCG looks like? i tried to take a photo of my gals BCG to post here to show u gals, but my stupid camera can't focus on such a close up shot.
 
Shelled
oh manz! hilarious!!

my boob not hard leh when i pumped out the 150ml. its v heavy but not hard. and my left? almost like playdoh state. so funny, one big boob and one deflated boob!

wah u engorged until u cant move ur hand ah? must be rock hard then!

eh ur K really big lah! even my mom say so. u in denial huh? haha!!

jUL
wah ur situation quite difficult hor? if change sam after every feed, u lie him down he will merlion right? hope his reflux go away soon lah!
 
sandwich,

i'm not sure if my pupsilk pouch is the new design or not, its the pokerdots one, and only 1 pocket. did u used it in the cradle position for your bb? was she ok in it? normally how long (as in mins/hrs do you put the bb in it?).
 
angeline,

unfortunately no...not much better.
sad.gif
which TCM did u go to? the medication given to me was breastfeeding safe according to the doc. i asked him twice just to make sure, because initially i was reluctant to take it as i'm also breastfeeding my gal. but he assured me its ok. mine also started with my left and then my right. i notice the pain most when i'm using the hand that hurts more to support my gal's head. so i try to use the other hand which doesn't hurt as much to support her head...and then eventually that hand will start to hurt more after a few days, then i alternate, and let the more 'injured' hand rest more. maybe u can try? but the pain is still definately there for me still.
sad.gif
there is a thread in the forum abt this problem. some mommies say after 1 yr it will go away. sigh...
 
Is it true that BM supply peak during the second month? My supply has gone up and was so happy but my friend burst my bubble saying now is the peak. Peak meaning it will go down during the third mth.
 
<font color="aa00aa">kiki</font>, actually I don't know where's my baby's BCG leh... now they inject at backside or arm har? Oh man.. I should go find it...
 
<font color="aa00aa">shelled</font> - hahah that's really funny.. thanks for making my day despite the busy schedule today...

Oh man.. tomorrow's baby's first month celebration... still got so many things to do..
 
Shelled
I bought a pouch similar to the Pupsik pouch. Meaning you put baby in, then pull the inner layer of the sling down when you want to nurse, is that right? Ok, must try. It will be SOOO much easier if I can do that.

Currently when I'm nursing in public I feel like i'm a flasher. Nothing to cover. So I usually find a very quiet corner of a cafe to do it. Although in NZ it's more accepted, I stilll feel very paiseh.

K is really chubby!!! Wish Amber will get that chubby soon.
happy.gif
 
fenugreek like doesn't seem to work for me!! sian... i've up my dose to taking it 3caps 3x a day. my supply never increased and i've never had engorgment.
sad.gif
i'm wondering if giving my gal that pathetic 30ml that i can pump each time makes any difference at all or not. but when i'm not tired, i actually enjoy the latching on sessions, seeing her suckle so contentedly. nowadays my nipples don't get soar anymore. perhaps thats why i'm still breastfeeding!
 
kiki.. my boy doesnt seems to like e pouch too.. damn sad.. same as urs... doesnt looks happy n face turn red.. took him out less than 5 mins.. tried again just nw.. same thing.. he doesnt looks like he is going to fall asleep in it ley.. haiz..

n i feel so hot wearing it w him.. think he feels hot inside it too
 
seems like some of u have very kuai (good) babies, so lucky! they don't fuss if they don't get a diaper change after long hrs meh? i think i got a really fussy princess, she will wriggle, do an 'ehh-ehh' sound which gets louder n louder (sometimes, she can be like sleeping, eyes closed, but same behaviour)if her diapers are wet and not changed. and i often wonder why that is so, because sometimes i can see that she has pee-ed but the diapers are not wet to my touch. so what is she fussing abt?!
 
<font color="aa00aa">kiki</font> - hang in there... I was like that last time.. I now still have pathetic supply.. only about 60-80ml..

U take Fenugreek 3 tabs 3 times a day... some mummies say will take 1 week to really work.. else you can try Goat's Rue..
happy.gif


I'm pumping more often... sometimes after feed only about 20ml, I also pump.. express a few more times will make 1 extra feed liao..
happy.gif


I do feel depressed about my supply, even my hubby say this time take so many supplements supply still so low.. last time for #3, at least I have 150ml before feed but now.. sigh...

But hang in there.. I do see a difference between my #3 and #1 &amp; #2 who never take much breastmilk... more healthy and smarter.. so I insist on hanging on..

Jia You k!

<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font> - No leh.. one of my kiddos had BCG on the arm.. think is my #3.. so arm got one dent one... nurse that time will tell me where the BCG was injected and teach me on what to look out for.. now come to think about it, #4 time nurse only say BCG taken, like never show me leh..
 
shelled> lol. k la. i think i must really be more hardworking in pumping. but day time cannot leh. my boy drink alot in de day. n if not enugh for him, he'll get cranky. considering he dun really sleep in de day -_-"

bbq98> huh? hwo can be peak when i got so little milk now. if peak, den my bb can go hungry soon -_-

twiggy> shuld be much better in new zealand. when i bf in restaurant in sgp. really attract alot of attention from pple man. even though i cover up with a blanket, dey still took a 2nd look as in suspecting if i m really doing wat they r thinking, till i stared back at them -_-" cant believe y some pple can still be so ignorant in sgp. not as though i was exposing myself too -_-"

kiki> i oso not sure if fenugreek works for me now. only manage 60-70ml from 2sides if i wait 1hr after latch to pump n 20-30ml if i pump straight after latching. hais. maybe i monitor for a few more days. but so sad. hubby will be out of town nxt mon. no one to help me with de pumping n feeding -_-"

katherine> lol. i oso dun feel comfortable looking at the pouch. which is why i nv buy it. maybe u shuld juz buy de bebe au lait nursing cover like me to cover up when we nurse in public la.
 
katherine,

alamak, u too.
sad.gif
hope we didn't waste $! i also felt really hot when trying it out. but i think mine was more of a case of being very kan cheong...i struggled putting my gal in, and when she turned red, i stuggled again n quickly take her out. in fact i find taking her out harder then putting in!! i had to ask my hb to help me. and after that, i was perspiring like a pig! it looks to me that the pouch is too small for my gal. but i got the size M though...
 
kiki> lol. my boy dun fuss, so juz now i left him with his diapers from 5am till 12pm. den ended up it leaked. he oso din fuss. i oso din realise till i took off his clothes n wan bathe him. den realise his pants all poo -_-"

stephanie> so u got ur fenugreek oredi? if u need ready stock, can go wts thread to buy. realise maybe abit more costly than shipping in, but got ready stock. heng i went there buy. cos my supply now is pathetic -_-"
 
stephanie,

where to buy goat's rue? is it more effective for u?

i've taken it more then a wk now already
sad.gif
and err... i think i'm beginning to smell a little funny.
 
Michelle
if u pump 1 hr after feed and get 60-70ml i think its decent amt leh. then 3 hourly u should be gettg 120ml at least mah.

Steph
hmm?? my babies all the bcg scars r on the butt leh.
 
Shelled,
Wow your baby boy is so adorable !! 1 month old ? I was wondering how do you manage your time ? You have 2 kids + housework + time to pump milk &amp; time to be so active in the forum helping other mummies. Me struggling with just one baby + pumping of milk + resting time &amp; of course catching up with all the posting on the forum. Sometime I look at the pump &amp; the bed, I choose the bed.

170ml on one breast ! Wonder if that will ever happen to me, now its a pathetic 60ml (both sides) every 3 hour - 4 hours pumping..
 
This thing about Fernugreek, do you know there is side effect if your body or your bb can't absorb it? It's not suitable for everyone. I can't remember what exactly it is but my LC did mentioned something about causing wind. All of you who are taking it, you may wish to find out more.
 
Oh issit ? Thanks for the reminder !! I have just started taking it yesterday, am desperate to increase my milk supply to meet my bb's needs.
 
kiki> forum bp got goat's rue for sale =)

mamato6js> hais. but i no chance to pump after 3hrs. cos bb will br drinking. so at most can only pump 1hr after latch. very stress. olways worried straight after i pump, bb will wake up. if he no milk to drink when latch on, he will be screaming -_-

bbq98/mamato6jS> omg. really ah? so if my bb fuss after i take fenugreek, means not suitable? den i need cut down? erms. will take tat in mind.
 
<font color="Ff0099">mama to 6Js / Steph</font>
Glad you girls enjoyed the jokes. It made me laugh so hard that I just had to share with everyone. We need more laughter in our lives right now!


<font color="Ff0099">TWiggy</font>
Yes yes. Pull down the inner layer so bb can gain access to boobs. Sorry, forgot to mention that. You may also need to adjust bb slightly off the recommended carrying position in order to latch on properly. Must trial and error a bit to find how to make it work for you, but sure can do one lah!


<font color="Ff0099">Michelle</font>
Is he taking 2 boobs each feed? If only 1 or 1.5, then pump the rest lor. No choice de la. I also had to let K fuss for the 1st 2 days I started to power pump, then once supply go up, won't fuss anymore.


<font color="Ff0099">Lina</font>
K will be turning 2 mths old tmr! Cannot compare BM amt lah, I've been doing power pumping for more than 2wks liao, still doing it every alt day now. It's very tiring, but at least I'm being rewarded with an increased supply! I also choose bed over pump! Which is why this morning woke up with exploding boobs.
lame.gif


My house is not spick and span hor. I only do a few chores everyday instead of everything, otherwise i will die of exhaustion! Just the pumping + storing + washing/sterilising of pump parts already take up so much time!
 
RE: BCG

erm...if im nt wrong, BCG for bbs delivered at pte hospital like MT A, Thomson...is given on the butt. At KK, it's on the arm...

Any one out there who has delivered their bb at KK can clarify this doubt? Any one??
 
*angeline*

thanks!

mommies, don't u think this is good??

Gelato Ice Cream

Home-made Gelato Ice cream with the freshest fruits and ingredients. Freshly made, low fat, 100% vegetarian, 100% Gelatin Free.

Below is the pricing for the respective flavours

BP: $10.00 per tub (750ml)

F01: Tiramisu
F03: Peppermint : Quesh your thirst
F04: Rocher : Everlasting Love
F06: Oreo : Prevent Neck injury
F07: Raspberry Yogurt : Bacteria Free
F08: Blueberry Yogurt : Bacteria Free
F09: Pink Guava : Prevent Constipation
F10: Soursop : Obtain goals without difficulties, refreshing
F11: Mango : Good for those who are suffering from anemia and those who are pregnant because it is very good source of iron
F12: Lemon : Gain Energy and Inspiration
F14: Kiwi : Useful in improving conditions of asthmatic children, provide a good amount of dietary fiber
F15: Strawberry : Gain Energy and Inspiration
F16: Green Tea : Cancer prevention, obesity, diabetes mellitus
F17: Dino Milo : Gain Energy , smart
F18: Cappucino : Have confidence and gain energy
F19: Italian Vanilla : Effective means of getting anti-oxidants (fish oil, omega-3)
F20: Cookies &amp; Creme
F21: Green Apple : Not suitable for gastric people
F22: Banana Strawberry
F23: Peanut : Its Strength is its great Taste
F28: Orange

BP: $12.00 per tub (750ml)

F02: Rum &amp; Raisin
F05: Belgium Chocolate : increase of antioxidant levels in the blood, slows down decline in brain function, soothes the throat to prevent fits of coughing
F13: D24 Durian : Good for digestion
F24: Lychee Martini : Refreshing
F25: Nutella : More than just a “chocolaty hazelnut spread,” it is a way of life
F26: Chempedak
F27: Peach Martini
F29: Horlick : solid nourishment, power in calcium
F30: Sunshine Corn : High in nutrients, helps the generation of new cells especially important before and during pregnancy
F31: Peppermint with Chocolate Chips
 
<font color="ff0099"><font size="+1">WTS: Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed – 2 bottles</font></font>

I ordered 2 bottles thru jenifur's spree, but realised I could be allergic to it. Had been taking this Milkmaid tea thingy which also had fenugreek in it, and then started to feel dizzy everytime after I nurse/pump, then also breaking out in patches of rash. Therefore am hoping to sell off my 2 bottles of fenugreek to another mommy.

2 bottles are S$30.06, shipping amt to be advised by jenifur when it arrives in SG. I'll get her to post to you directly.

Anyone interested pls let me know. Thanks!!
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0099">girlygirly</font>
You trying to tempt everyone to do bulk order huh?
lol.gif
So evil!!
Durian is good for digestion meh?! Oreo prevent neck injury?! Why some of the "benefits" so weird and funny one?!?
Tiramisu, Cookies &amp; creme, Orange, Rum &amp; Raisin, Chempedak, Peach Martini, all no "benefits" de arh?

Oh dear. Now you got me tempted. I want Tiramisu Rocher, Dino Milo, Belgium Choc, Peach Martini and Horlick!! (Eat until grow fat sia.)
 
tiny red dots appearing on my gal's face and scalp!
what are these are? my mum says it's heat rash.. wat can i do to make them go away??
 
*milky*

the other time, think many bbs in this thread has rashes breakout...or should i say rashes outbreak!! haha..many bbs gt it...

mine even haf pus on the scalp...if want to make them to go away fast, think gt to get ointment fr doc. coz usually nid prescribtion fr doc. can't get those fr over the counter...

*shelled*

Hahahahaha...ya darn funny rite, the 'benefits' are as hilarious as ur jokes lor! I juz copy and paste the info here.
F07: Raspberry Yogurt : Bacteria Free
F08: Blueberry Yogurt : Bacteria Free

so if u wanna buy, juz get the above oni, they are bact free... the rest? gt bact?? hahahaha...sorly sorly, meant as a joke, pls don't sue me arh...

How to bulk order? by the time got it and waiting for mommies to collect and bring back, gonna melt...might as well bring spoon along. all mommies can eat liao then go back, hahahahaha...
 
shelled> so after every feed u pump? wah. like tat very disciplined wor. i pump once after 2 feed. juz now manage 30ml. now manage 45ml =p but i got a feeling he will fuss when he wakes up for his nxt feed. think i pump 4times a day. once at 9am, once at 3pm, nxt time is 7pm when he use bottle, den another one more time at 1130 or 12pm before i go sleep =p

btw, do u sterilise after every pump? now i sterilise twice a day. once after my 9am feed, de nxt will be after my 7pm feed.

stephanie> goat's rue not effective for u? or u trying fenugreek to see which more effective? where u buy goat's rue by de way? tot i can get dem from bp. but realise i was wrong =p wat is goat's rue actually?

girlygirly> de meltz ice cream store at amk no biz one. dunno y deir bp thread doing so well. keke. nv tried it before personally. but i think comparing the price, i will go for udders anytime. but ben n jerrys is a definitely go for =p

de only good thing abt them is dey got very interesting flavours. horlicks!! yummy. cannot img. haha =p
 
<font color="Ff0099">girlygirly</font>
Hahahahaha! Ya lah. The rest all no-good one. Maybe I shld post in the BP thread and ask how and why Oreo flavor will prevent neck injury....

Oh yah, good idea! We just order, then deliver to somewhere, then we all go there with a spoon to finish all the icecream!


<font color="Ff0099">Michelle</font>
No arh. I pump abt 30-60mins before feed, then tandem pump again while nursing. According to my records (I write down each pumping session &amp; the yield amt), I pump ard 8 times a day from the time i wake up ard 9-10am, until midnight. If I don't go to bed after 12mn pump/feed, then I'll pump again ard 3am to "clear boobs" before I sleep. Once I go to bed I don't pump anymore until I wake up the next morning.

You told me your bb will fuss if you pump mah, so the only way you can do it is to pump whatever's left after nursing lor.

I wash and soak all the pump parts in sterilised water after use. Only steam sterilise once a day in the morning. Otherwise sure ki siao at the rate I'm pumping! So far the EBM all ok. I do taste test before I give to J, and they all still taste fresh. But they're not very old EBM also lah. Today J is drinking EBM I pump on 12th Oct. So still fairly fresh.
 
I also very keen on the ice cream. They will deliver if you buy three tubs. Looking at the rate you ladies eat ice cream, I think you can easily finish the 3 tubs in a week. I have to clear my freezer of the puffs first. My hubby was in a shock when I told him I bought 144 eclairs.
 
shelled> haaha. but day time my boy feed once every 1-2hrs. so pumpin in de day got its risk. bb have no milk =x like now he woke up. haha.
 
shelled
wah u pump 30-60 mins b4 feed. u v not scared ur K got not enuf to drink hor. if i pump like the way u do dunno my joseph will put on weight not cos will be sucking on deflated boobs everytime leh! how come urs still so fat huh.
 
*myfavechoco*
wah...ur leg hand so fast!

*michelle*
maybe they doing mostly online orders?! anyway u shld try 'SCOOPZ' too!

*shelled*
ya ya..go go..go ask...and oso ask if they can create new flavor which can boost BM one or nt *LOLs*

I've tried the raspberry yogurt, dino milo and durian...*im still around*
 


<font color="Ff0099">mama to 6Js</font>
I think cos I only started doing this pumping thing 3wks ago? Not sure if he's still putting on weight at the same rate as before, but he's not complaining, and eating/pooing/peeing well. Just that now it takes longer to nurse him cos boob almost empty by the time he latch. So he have to "work hard" to suck and get more milk lor. But I believe he is of great assistance to help increase my supply for korkor. When they get older, I will let them know.
happy.gif



<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
Wah, like that very tiring hor. K feeds every 3hrs, so it's still ok. I think in your case, very difficult unless you pump at night. I think cos both of us didn't pump much in the early weeks, so don't have much storage. Now need more milk then kanchiong liao.


<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
My freezer – despite being as empty as it is – already quite filled with EBM alongside the other foodstuff (and B&amp;J). I dunno where to go and find space to put 3 tubs of icecream!


<font color="ff0099">Re: Deep Freezer</font>
Anyone knows how much it would cost me to get one? And where I can get it? I can't stock up as much groceries (and icecream) as before cos my EBM is spilling out of my "special EBM compartment" liao.
sad.gif
 

Back
Top