(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Why is it that Ian doesn't seems to follow any feeding "schedule" at all these days?!?! No more 2.5 or 3 hourly feed. He might latch for an hour, half hour later fuss and I have to feed him 60ml FM, then maybe half hour later must latch again... then maybe he'll sleep for 2 hrs then demand for feed again!!! Why like that?!?! R the other mummies experiencing this?
 


Hi Itsy, my baby also the same as your Ian.

I am so tired..really really tired. She only sleeps well at night. Day time she fusses all the time. Feel like have been feeding her the whole day, sometimes she latches for almost 1 hr, sleep 30 mins,then cries. Then latch her again, she suck for 5 to 10 mins, then fall asleep, thought she had enough. Then after 15 mins, she cries again. Basically she is always not satisfy inthe day time. When i feel tired and wanna give my breast a rest,will just bottle fed her EBM or FM. She will be 1 month old on sunday.My milk supply is stiill very low i think..make me so depressed, so i dont pump it out, and keep on latching her whenever she wants. Except for at night (ard 2 or 3 am), the confinement lady will feed her 70ml FM.
 
<font color="aa00aa">mwerkz</font> - You can get Goat's Rue from Vitakids at United Square... 1 bottle of 120 caps costs $84 if I never remember wrongly...

I actually took Fenugreek during my #3 time and it did worked well but I need to take 9 tabs 3 times a day and smelled like maple syrup... as it was not the recommended dosage stated on the bottle, scardy me switched to Goat's Rue.... It worked well too..

But this time, when I took Goat's Rue, it did not work as fast as I expected so desperate liao I eat back Fenugreek loh..

My plan is once supply stable, I will take Goat's Rue and Fenugreek on alternate weeks or something...

I bought think 8 120 caps bottles of Goat's Rue from Vitakids and 1 bottle of 60caps from SMH.

Hahah totally over stocked.. From this, you can see I'm very determined to feed baby only BM.... heheh
 
<font color="119911">Shirley</font>
I'm experiencing exactly what you describe! Should we continue feeding on demand or try to get them to get sure to schedule? I'm so tempted to give pacifier or just let him cry till it's time to feed to slowly get him use to schedule. It's SO tiring to keep feeding him all the time, no time to do anything else. I'm so glad, I bought the feeding pillow, so at least I can get online while feeding.
 
<font color="0000ff">shelled</font>
Your son is soooo cute! Look at the thighs; thought my daughter has thunder thighs, I can now say she has failed to qualify for the thunder thighs title…

<font color="0000ff">mwerkz</font>
Thanks for email. Yes, you are right, if you want S size Fitti, polyclinic is cheaper…but they don’t sell M.
Have you used fitti basic? It’s super cheap!

<font color="0000ff">kiki</font>
Did the scab fall off leaving a hole? Doc did mention that BCG scar will have puss…just use cotton wool and clean water to clean the area if have poo. That’s what the doc said when I asked him regarding cleaning of puss BCG area if have poo the last time….

<font color="0000ff">steph</font>
I’m also using pampers at night for my gal…still the best so far…but I find that Fitti premium is also not bad. I used Huggies and it leaked big time!

<font color="0000ff">milkyway</font>
My baby also had this on her face and scalp, it looks like baby acne, red with yellow pus like thing in the middle…doc said not to do anything, not to put anything on it, and true enough it went away in a few days time…but comes on and off until she was about 3 weeks 
 
hehe shelled.. same chair!

3118061.jpg
 
girly
yah i tot u all wre refering to baby acne?? my gal's dont look like acne leh.. no pus.. just small red dots all over the scalp and face.. anyway i tried applying some CB calendula on her face see how.. didnt try the scalp cos not sure f the cream can be used on scalp.

paige
ok.. i'l monitor then... but my gal is now 1+month already.. my mum says it's heat rash.. hmm..
 
Hi <font color="aa00aa">Shirley &amp; itsy</font> - My Jordan also like that... I feel that I'm latching him on almost every minute when he's awake... cause he will latch on for a while then fall asleep. Once I unlatch, less than 5 min then he will wake up and cry.. then I have to latch again...
sad.gif


So since yesterday, I've been expressing and latching him on.. so after latch on, he will sleep then I will immediately express.. yes.. that means that I have my breast pump on standby already... Once I put him down, I will express.. then will feed him the balance.. (I realised he's not clearing my breast well)

Then he sleeps better... As I am expressing every 2-3 hours, if he's still sleeping, I will just express and feed him...

I'm now also cheating giving him formula cause he drinks 120ml at 4 weeks old but at most I produce 80ml after 3 hours...

Okie.. here's what happened just now... at 11:30am, I latched him on and then expressed... fed him the balance 30ml at about 12pm but he was still fussing so I made another 60ml of FM for him... and he finished!!!

So from 12plus pm, he slept.. then 3 plus pm, I went to express cause he was still sleeping.. had 80ml. Jordan woke up at about 4:15pm and fed him the EBM. Still not satisfied, so made 30ml FM and he fell asleep after drinking... now he's still sleeping...

I find that he was still hungry that's why keep fussing... Now, as I'm latching on and expressing diligently (really set alarm and express), my supply did increase about 20ml (cause previously dipped abit). The whole day, I can save about 80ml of EBM to store collectively after maybe say 3 sessions of pumping after latch on which I will give in the evening cause he drinks a lot more before the last feed.

so if I continue latching and expressing like that, my supply will increase...

Hopefully when I finish this tin of FM or when 4 weeks is due to dump the FM, I can TBF
happy.gif
 
<font color="aa00aa">Paige</font> - My baby also not suitable for Huggies cause of the cutting.. so far, he can only use Fitti, Mamy Poko and Pampers.

<font color="aa00aa">Katherine</font> - Is that your elder girl? She's so pretty with her big eyes...
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">Milk Trays</font>

now we need just 3 more orders to go ahead....
so.... thats pretty good news..
waiting for just 3 more orders to come in...

www.sensiblelines.com

intersted please PM me for the price and order form..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Nursing Poncho</font>

need 5 more pieces to go ahead as well...
so by tmr morning latest i'll place the orders liaoz...the rest i'll place orders for more popular colors first. anyone still want let me know...
happy.gif


www.monpetitjardin.com
happy.gif
 
Hi Itsy..i am now feeding my girl on demand. Initially, i still monitoring like what time she feed, how long she feeds, etc. Now i dont bother to remember all these, when she cries i will give her my breast, be it for hunger or just to pacify her. So heartpain when i see her cries and scream so loud, and i didnt do anything, so i just give in lo.

I also boght pacifier to standby...haha..each time she cries after feeding (for e.g. i m having my dinner) my hubby will ask wanna give pacifier to soothe her? Coz her mouth keep on "Open", but she couldnt be hungry lo.. but till today, we still tahan not to give her pacifier.

I also bought a breast feeding pillow last weekend, yeah it's useful and easier to latch baby also. But the long feeding time really hurts by back a lot, no matter i sit on the bed or sofa. I tried breast feed lying down, but cant see if she's latching properly...hmm..

I went to thomson parentcraft last week, as my baby vomit blood after i fed her earlier in the morning. Brought her to PD, and PD said might be due to my cracked nipple. So, ask me to pump and bottle feed her instead. Then 2 days later, when i pump, instead of milk flowing, blood was flowing out, scared me to deadth, so i thought my cracked nipple is so bad that i cant feed and pump. So i went to parentcraft, apparently the blood is not due to cracked nipple, it's from my milk duct. Till today my left breast is still painful after i feed her...but just need to hang on there. The consultant also told me that dont latch for more than 20 minutes on each breast, if baby still not satisfy, give her EBM or FM.
 
Hi stephanie..me too..initially we fed her a lot, after latching, give EBM, and FM again. Got one time after she latches for 1.5 hrs, we fed her 50ML EBM, and 60ML FM, then she sleeps well..for 3 hours straight. Then when i went to Thomson parentcarft centre, the lactation consultant told us that we fed her too much already, as her size is only 3.35Kg, and that time she was abt 16 days old. So, she told me after latch on for abt 15 to 20 mins on each breast, just top up with 30 or 40 ml BM or FM. That's what i have been doing now if she still crancy after the long fed. Sometimes feel like just bottle feed her BM/FM 70 or 80 ml in one go, so she can sleeps better.

My breast leaking liao now...but i still didnt pump it out. coz worried that when she wakes up later, no milk to drink
sad.gif
 
girlygirly> is scoopz the one at sunset way?? i like tat too.

shelled> ya. now it's payback time for us who were lazy with pumpin at the start -_-

y wanna get deep freezer?? waste elect. heng i bought the side by side fridge. so got alot of freezer space =p

itsy> my boy oso dun follow the 2-3hrs schedule. but i more or less get his schedule:

8-815: feed
815-930: sleep
930-10: feed
10-11: awake
11-1115: shower
1115-1145: awake
1145-1215: feed
1215-1315: awake
1315-1345: feed
1345-1400: awwake
1400-1530: sleep
1530-1600: feed
1600-1845: sleep/awake
1845-1900: feed
1900-2000: awake
2000-2020: feed
2020-2220: awake
2220-2245: feed
2245-2300: awake
2300-255: sleep
255-315: feed
315-545: sleep
545-605: feed
605-8: sleep

but juz now at 1500 i juz finish pumpin milk, so 1530 he got no milk. ended up he suck my nipple till now refuse to letgo -_-"

stephanie> wow. u really spend alot on goat's rue. must b very disciplined

paige> no leh. haven tried fitti b4. i not sure if fitti still honouring their promo. cos it seems like a few mummies email them n got no reply
 
<font color="aa00aa">mwerkz</font> - Yah.. I spent a lot... cause it worked really well for me last time mah... but now like a bit over stocked.. so hoping to sell a few bottles off...

Initially I never buy any FM at all when baby was born... until I really not producing enough for him
sad.gif
then bought FM to supplement... cause no matter how much I latch him on, he can't clear my boobs..

So now I learn already.. must latch him on, then express and give him balance.. else keep balance till next feed and ask mom to feed him after I latch on so that I can express...

Shirley, what was your baby's birth weight?

My baby gained about 0.35KG at about 16 days... at that time, I did supplement FM but only about 60ml the whole day.. so Parentcraft ladies say weight gain well...
 
<font color="ff0000">Twiggy</font>
PM u liaoz...get back to me soon..coz i need 5 more orders excluding urs...
soo i have a feeling i might just go ahead and order 20..then wait for them to deliver..hopefully tmr or mon..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">shelled</font>
wah....video!!! RA VIDEO!!! hehee..look fwd to see that man.. wahhahaha...

<font color="ff0000">Listeningn to Music</font>
think Music soothes my girl..
dunno issit my HB sings to her every nite in the womb....
last nite we played the CD (that we played in the delivery suite) and she kept quiet....
and to me..its been 38 days since i last heard that CD...since that fateful day...
suddenly all the trauma came back..wahahhaa.....

And she sort of fell asleep better...
now i on FM93.3 loud loud..she actually fell asleep in my arms..
happy.gif

then i put her down liaoz..
so MUSIC is my solution!!!!!!!!!!! woohooo!!!!

OH NO! Just as i was typing this..i see her eyes big big... but no crying..............

<font color="ff0000">BCG Location</font>
Refer to ur baby's health booklet.. it'll tell u where the BCG was given..
mine says LEFT BUTTOCK.. :p

<font color="ff0000">Kat</font>
maybe u try putting ur bb in when u are going out??
I used MIM twice since i got it few days back..
coz my PUPSIK STILL NOT HERE!!
XL OOS, i need to wait till end Oct.so i went to buy BN MIM from forum... hehehe...
she KO the moment she goes in..
or rather..she KO whenever we go out gai gai... >.<" even missing her feeds.. ahhaa... good for me..

<font color="ff0000">kiki</font>
to take out the bb, lift the baby up higher, then remove the pouch from her head...then gotta exchange ur hands..and remove the butt..
once bb is out.. u can put her down, then take out the pouch frmo ur neck...
actually perspiring is coz gan chiong la... when i tried the MIM first time also panic... try doing it in air con room then u'll feel better..
happy.gif

just now before gg out i tried to set up the MIM Sling also perspire.. haha... but while shopping, it was a breeze... hehe.
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Christina</font>
you dont accept PM.. can u PM me by clicking on my nick??
then I'll send u the price and order form.. by tonite please.. thanks..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Paige</font>
Huggies leak big time??really?? so far no experince that yet....... how many changes at nite u have??/
 
i bought pureen sterilising tablets.. and i tried to use them just now to sterilise my pump parts.. (thot easier to wash and dump the parts in sterilised water then using the steriliser all the time - waste time and electricity)..
but it smell so so much like bleach and cholrine.. irks my nose and appetite..
is it suppose to smell like bleach?
then will the expressed milk be contaminated with the "bleach smell and taste"? my hands also ends up with the bleachy smell le... =(

i cant seem to fully immensed the pump bottles though... headache...
i poured the sterilised water away liao... :/
anyone can help me on the sterilising tablets? which brand better? maybe i bought the wrong brand...
 
BCG: I delivered @ KKH and it is stated on her health booklet BCG is given on Left upper arm. I got a shock when u all mentioned iz on the butt.. i was like staring hard to look for the "bump".

shelled: CHUBBY K!!! woooooot! and i think my fridge is over-stuffed with food HAHAHA..

Katherine: Ooooo cute kids you've got!!

Pamelia: wah you pro. I was like O_O and I copied and pasted part of your 101 bb guide!

diapers: I don't know to buy some more or not. I am left with some samples from the motherhood BAG OF LOVE and Huggies S size (44pc). I just finished the drypers NB.. Just tried on and had to fold the front part of the Pampers S.. its too big for my 2wk old girl!

Full month celebration: Hahaha i know its been asked a million times.. but anyone can recommend a nice and halal caterer? Oh oh and where to buy those ang ku kueh around hougang/serangoon area ah? Think red eggs i ownself make bah..

Naming of bb: Any recommendations besides taimaobi? Thought of naming my girl Liu Xin Yu but hub scared she kena laughed at by other kids -.-' It sounds very close to meteor shower in chinese :p

ICE CREAM: You all are evil.. Now i can only scream for ice scream and seafood and fried food and cold drinks!!! ROAR!!
 
<font color="0000ff">Rach</font>
yeah, huggies not good for my daughter...maybe she has weird shape butt/thighs so it leaks.

So far pampers is the best, i like it because its not too thick and fits snuggly...fitti a bit thicker but hasn't leaked...yet.
 
bbq98,

oh dear...really?! dun scare me leh.. i didn't know there are side effects for fenugreek!! come to think of it, now that u mentioned it, it does seem like my bb started to fuss more after i started taking it. to be honest, i feel abit uncomfortable taking 9 caps a day, when the bottle says 1-2 caps a day. but seems like a lot of mommies are taking this amt, so for the sake of my gal and in hopes that it can help me produce more milk, i just eat lor!
 
michelle,

oh ok..thx, will check it out.
happy.gif


milkyway,

my gal also has those dots. i think its the rash caused by milkstains maybe?

itsy &amp; shirley,

i've gone thru that with my gal before, and i know how it can drive u nuts! maybe u should try to increase the amt u feed. my PD recommended me this method to gauge, it helped though. maybe u can try. eg. if now u feeding 60ml, and it doesn't seem to last long before he is wanting to be fed again, next feed try to up it to like 80ml.. if he can finish, try 100ml the next round, eventually when he doesn't want anymore, and there is balance, then that is the amount u shd be feeding. baby will 'tell' u. for my gal, what she did was she just stopped suckling, sometimes she will use her tongue to push out the teat. but if u're using BM, u may wanna not be too aggressive, if not if u waste alot of BM very sayang.
 
paige,

yes, i think the scab fell off leaving a hole. earlier this afternoon i saw, there was like a bubble and pus inside. but just now in the evening, after i bath her, i noticed that all the pus is gone again, and there it was a clean clear hole! i think the warm water in the bath makes the pus bubble burst. how ah like that? i called the PD clinic like 3 times today, nobody pick up the phone. ok, i'd just clean with cotton n water and see how.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Shirley</font> - This weight gain like same as mine leh... you mean the lady say u feed too much? but weight gain okie leh. same as mine.. the consultant say my baby's weight gain is good leh..

<font color="aa00aa">Gina</font> - How about Liu Yu Xin? also nice mah..

I wanted to name my baby Zu Xi but hubby say later ppl laugh at him say Juicy... hehehe

<font color="aa00aa">kiki</font> - I've never heard of babies being fussy is a side effect of Fenugreek leh.. but diarrhea is one.. babies tend to have "looser" stools and of course smell like maple syrup
 
stephanie,

fussing was wat mamato6j said..because bbq said something abt its side effect causing wind, so i think she meant thats why the bb will fuss. lately i do notice my bb fussing more lor, but whats the actual cause i really don't know coz bb can't talk mah.. hehe.. it cld really be wind or maybe some other thing.

bb stools look almost like diarrhea no? mine gals poo is watery. i think its normal? because i've seen a website with real bb stools photos and it looks like that lor. how to tell if its diarrheoa or not?
 
<font color="ff0099">Steph</font>
8 bottles of 120 caps?!? That's $672!! It's double the price of my pump!!!! You must be super duper determined sia.


<font color="ff0099">milkyway</font>
Calendula cream can be used on scalp. Cos if you read the label, it says can treat cradle cap also. Cradle cap is mostly on scalp mah. I've been applying it on K's forehead and some parts of the scalp where I can see it's dry. Really works well leh.


<font color="ff0099">Katherine</font>
Hahahah yah! Same chair! I dunno is it cos same chair or what, but I find your didi and mine looks similar wor!

I think your didi is taller than my didi hor! Can tell from how he fit into the chair. And are those your legs that I see??


<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
I can't possibly change my fridge now? Or maybe I should just ask my hubs wanna change new fridge or not. Hurhurhur.
I won't be pumping if not for the fact that J wanna drink EBM lor. Until now, K also never drink more than 6 bottles of EBM lor, so totally no need to pump for his sake at all. From the time he was born, mostly nurse on 1 boob per feed only. It's all J's fault!! *grumbles and stares at J*
 
milkyway
ur gal sounds like wat mine used to hv. not so much of baby acnes, its more of serious rashes. dun worry will clear but meantime just hv to bear with lookg ugly lor. mine has cleared totally already
 
Stephanie..ya..her PD also said her weight gain is good, initially i very scared that she under fed. PD said as long as baby is gaining 200 to 300 grams per week, that is good. U just latched her from 7pm till 8pm, then she still fuss.., so gave her 25ml EBM, followed by 40ml FM. Hope she can goes to sleep after this.
 
squeezed in 2min before feeding time..

mamato6

Yeah lor! And need to feed Sam every 2h b/c need smaller feeds in shorter intervals. As it is, he's already crying after each feed of 90ml EBM coz he doesn't have enough! Argh!

Oh I also have playdoh like left boob, n decent right boob.
 
oops.. gotta go. in fact I'm 5min late for his feed. only reason he din cry is b/c I swaddled him for a short nap
sad.gif
He really alarm clock for feedings leh
sad.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">Gina</font>
u wanna buy over my 2 packets of S Huggies?? (44pc) each..
i dun think i'll ever get to use that!!!

<font color="ff0000">Paige</font>
man...just telling u never seen it leak..and it leaked when we went out earlier..
i just changed her..and then HB was burping her..he said why warm warm de?
then it leaked thru the diaper..thru her bodysuit..thru her long pants....
Yuck!!
 
<font color="ff0000">Nursing Poncho</font>
I've placed my orders for those who have ordered.. Supplier pending 5 more colors from me.. and they'll deliver to me tmr..

So i can take in 5 more orders.. else i'll just give any 5 colors by tonite..and those who want will have to take the colors that's extra!
happy.gif


So as to be fair to those who orderd early and is still waiting..
happy.gif

So 99% Ponchos will reach ur place by Tue afternoon!!
happy.gif


Check www.monpetitjardin.com for the colors..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Senible Lines Milk Tray</font>
Need 2 more orders for Supplier to place order with Distributor..
happy.gif


So very likely we can receive next week as well... 2 more orders!!
happy.gif
 
shelled
ok will apply on her scalp then... hehe

mamato6js
after applying some calendula cream on her face, can see the redness has diminished.. left the dots.. :p hopefully will be gone tmr too.. now trying to keep her as cooling as possible lor.. so she wont feel hot..
 
kiki> lol. i tink take 6 fenugreek a day good enugh ba? 2tablets 3times a day. 9 sounds like so many!!

shelled> lol. ya. my boy had his 2nd bottle today. if not becos i wana go out n throw him to my parents, i wun be so diligently tryin to up my supply. but i was really wrong to pump at 3pm. now my boys routine will change. his sleeping timing totally screwed up. he was sleeping from 7pm till now. tink he tot now is de 4hr interval instead -_-"

think i'm gonna haf a hard time tonite. hais.
 
<font color="ff0000">Michelle</font>
wah... ur boy have a fixed routine that feeds on time everyday???

tats good.. means he'll auto wake up or u'll wake him up??
 
Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I've a Techno Chest Freezer to let go, bought it in April this year to store breast milk only and it's still under warranty. Self collect in Sembawang, PM me if you are interested.
happy.gif
 
kiki

I took 1.5 bottles of fenugreek (2cap 3x/day) to really work lor. Hang in there!

As for ur gal - u sure she's fussy abt diaper? Maybe she's like Sam, an insecure baby. Always jerking himself awake by his waving arms! And he doesn't sleep very well - v fitful &amp; short naps only.
 
*michelle*
nt sure if scoopz has a branch at sunset. bt when i haf a urge for durian ice-cream, i used to go all the way fr west to east (parkway)...until they haf a branch at Jurong Point. anyway duno wat happened to the JP branch, no more ady
sad.gif


*jul*
bb nid to drink and sleep to grow. u may tot he isn't sleeping well...bt then he is still growing well...when bb gets older, everything will naturally fall into a routine...will definitely sleep longer too...
 
So pissed with Hubs. Said he'll bring back dinner for me after meeting his frens - which he said WOULD END AT 9pm!

Then when I called him to tell him what I want for dinner, he said he'll be home at 11PM! Look what time it is now?

Just he wait..
 
Hi mummies, i have few bottles of NeurogainPB Fish Oil (for pregnancy) to let go. Selling at $26 per bottle. PM me if you are interested. Thanks..
happy.gif
 
michelle,

i started with 1 cap once a day...then 2 caps 3x/day then finally now 3caps 3x a day! no effect at all
sad.gif
sigh...

jul,

i'm hanging in there alright! but at time can't help feeling so hopeless!

i'm quite certain my gal is fussing abt her wet diapers, because everytime after i changed it, she will stop her crying and start to coo instead. she's quite a secure bb i would say. sometimes i think she does have bad dreams, she wld cry alittle and after that fall back asleep herself. i think the only nightmarish part i have to deal with her is when she suddenly wakes up, no warning at all and wants her feed immediately. she can cry the hse down. damn stressful, when i have to do everything alone, like steralise the bottles, while carrying her trying to comfort her and making her milk while she is cranky and struggling in my arms! i only have 2 hands, which are hurting like hell.
sad.gif
and it doesn't help that she is getting heavier and heavier.

i'm so damn pissed with my hb these few days. i think he is not putting enough effort to help out with the bb. granted, he does help, not that he doesn't at all (THANK GOD!) but imagine, he can actually sms me to come change diapers or feed the baby when its not even past midnight! and he just Zzzz away! i mean, if he is awake to sms me, why can't he do it? esp the diaper change when the cot is juz next to the bloody bed! i deal with my gal all day long, and nowadays she fusses more and more, don't i deserve a break? i'm human too mah! @*&amp;(*#$^(!*@
 


<font color="ff0099">kiki</font>
Sorry if this sounds wrong, but I find it so amusing that he can wake up and SMS you but he won't go change the diaper! Whyyyy?!?! I would be super pissed if I were you too. In fact, I think I'd kick him (very hard) out of bed lor.

But I do realise that most men aren't able to handle waking up halfway during their sleep. I think it's a gender issue. Men are just not programmed that way. Even if they wake up, they do things so slowly and blurly that they tend to screw up. I have a few mommy friends who complain abt this issue as well. So I think better for us to do it instead. Get them to mop the floor and wash dishes lah!
 

Back
Top