(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul</font>

So glad u 看开了. Enjoy yr time w Sam instead of stressing bout milk supply. Milk supply can slowly increase but time once lost cannot chase back hor

Ask u a question bout ParentCraft - Do we hv to book appt or can jus walk in? How much do we need to pay if deliver in TMC? Is it 1 to 1 consultation?

I'm tinking if I shld go back TMC or revisit KKH's lactation consultant. My DH heard lots of horrible feedback bout TMC parentcraft though my experience w them in e ward was ok

<font color="aa00aa">Gina</font>

Told u it's v noisy rite... I can nv tandem pump w Medela dual... I borrow from a fren &amp; use for awhile, my #2 always KPKB when I try to tandem. Den I cannot pump in e rm @ nite or else I will wake up e whole hsehold. In e end give up, buy e Ameda
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Fenugreek vs nursing tea</font>

Anyone tried both? Which is better? I'm currently taking e nursing tea when I"m having my period, supply drop dam drastic.

M gng to finish e tea bag so tinking if I shld try fenugreek as lots of rave bout it. It's definitely more convenient but I hate to pop pills leh

<font color="aa00aa">Lansionh Milkbag - 50pcs</font>
Order to date - 6 boxes</font>

Gina,
You are lucky to have such an understanding P. Anyway, this is my #4 so he doesn't allow... As usual, sch needs come first. Told me I'm needed to carry out certain projects next year.
sad.gif

itsy,
ask your mother to boil some red and black dates water with dangshen and lots of dried longan and store in a thermos flask for you to drink throughout the day. It helps improve blood circulation and qi whenever I need to BF or express to take some of the hot drink.

Jul, i started giving supplement right from the start.

As in my baby will take FM during the night, for me to rest better. During the day, she will drink my EBM. Checked with PD this tues, he said is okay. of cos i understand the best is to latch on all the way.
But sometimes, u jus cannot have the best of both worlds.

<font color="119911">sonnigt3</font>
My mum does boil a flask of this red and black dates water for me daily.. but i think no dangshen and longan. Mmm.. I'll ask her.

<font color="119911">mama to 6Js</font>
If I didn't remember wrongly, you bought quite a bit of new things for your baby right? pump, stroller, and a cot? Haha maybe this shouldn't be your last bb
happy.gif

shelled...
i got my tank yesterday! thanks! ooooh... i LOVE the fabric of this turquoise one. it def feels softer than the navy+white striped one, and WAY better than the MIM ones.
happy.gif

connie...
that happened to me too! after calling for half a day, the nurse finally returned my call. think she must have been busy with patients in the morning. the 6235 xxxx number is useless! nobody at that number knows anything! maybe u can wait a bit? maybe the nurse will call u back.

itsy...
10ml after latching on is not pathetic lah... i'm the same! i just tell myself that my bb has really drained my boobs very well, AND i stopped pumping after latching on. too depressing! and i read online that drinking water does not dilute our milk. we should drink all sorts of liquids (except the alcoholic kind, haha) when breastfeedg. water replenishes what our bodies use for breastmilk, and does not dilute the breastmilk.

itsy
haha i confirm this will be my last baby. its not the physical exhaustion, its the mental draining thats killing. picking my older kids from school, sending to classes, make sure their homeworks done, exams coming not to mention have to run along with baby's feeding schedules. wah i going crazy lor!!

yah yah not me its hubby who bought all those for him, not to mention his swing rocker, his bath cum changing table. the last baby gets the best mah. oh yes i even change my car becos of him!

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Itsy</font>

3 litre of water per day???!!!! wow is this really necessary?? I'll b v happy if I can drink half of tt amt. My DH said I'm a camel, dun need to drink water one

<font color="aa00aa">Updating info on list</font>

I'm so sorry that I've not updated the list for awhile.

Can I trouble those mummy who hv recently pop to email e info to [email protected]... thanks hor.

My update stops @ Moojen who delivered on 20-Sept</font>

<font color="ff0000">Chern></font>
haha..by now Nat can see more liaoz la..
happy.gif

discovering her surroundings ma..
my girl now also look ard the house, the room etc.. see and see..turn left and right..

sometimes if she cry then i sleep with her lo....
so it depends on her mood.. but past 2 nites she start being cranky at 9plus.. then gotta "hong" her till she fall asleep..
last nite almost surrender to my mum..but we perservere..and managed to coax her to sleep...
coz usually just throw to CL to settle her.. haha... but last nite managed to...
think got wind la..she cry like in pain like that...

<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
bebeaulait i think is $40 from my supplier..

i only cutting hair a bit for yi si yi si today....
4th month then botak..

haha.. i smart.. i know she sure dirty..so we wore something simple out to chalet...almost time when guests arriving then change to the pretty princess dress..
but she slept from 4-8pm..her party was 4.30pm - 8.380pm..
hahaha..when everyone left, then she woke up... no matter how loud, how noisy, she slept like a log even when her daddy carry her ard to see see people...

thank God i only got like 5pcs of baby clothes..the rest mostly APs...
only took out one set..the rest intend to give away..no use at all..
most of the gifts.. 60% are useless... either no need.. or not practical..sigh..dunno why people will buy.
some are recycled..so obvious..got broken packaging somemore.. faint..

Pupsik pouch is handsfree loh.. MIM sling also handsfree loh..
no reply from main distributor yet..

<font color="ff0000">mama6></font>
ahahha...go blind in old age.. dunno la.. but not good to cry la.... very damaging to the eyes...not just eyes...
every part after birth all damaging de.. hahaha...

but cry also bad for health la...

hahaa...the designs i see are obiang loh..my coll has one. i find it obiang also hahhaa....

haha...most people say i wear that nice..only my mum..she say so black..top black bottom black..so ugly...
i say this is fashion..and practical.. i no need to take out and remove whenever i wanan BF...
people come into the room i can use the poncho to hide and talk to them and entertain them also.. haha..

u mean milk bag takes longer to thaw?? tot its thinner material? MMm...

<font color="ff0000">Twiggy></font>
yaha... its more like sharp pain across the breast...

<font color="ff0000">Huishan></font>
Pigeon warmer is $75... i trying to get 2nd hand..forum has some selling.. but only one person so far..
stay bedok..if she replies, i'll get HB to go collect...

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
icic..okie..so its still better to bring it down to thaw.. but the moment it leaves freezer, 24hours need to consume??

<font color="ff0000">Gina></font>

24 hours after it has finished thawing..so its not from the time its out from freezer rite?? hahaa..
sometimes need to be a bit technical.. else waste our precious EBM..
threw 100ml last nite coz HB took too long to warm it up.. sigh....
end up i latch till she is full..

WAH!!!!!!!
dont finish at be offered at the next feeding???????

does it apply in our climate??

<font color="ff0000">Steph></font>
ahaa..okok..sorry sorry..obiang to me la... i somehow dun like it... okok..my personal preference okay..
no offense to those who like it.. i love the nursing poncho when i first saw it..and coz i saw my fren using it...
i like how she used it..so its nice....
i saw my coll using bebe au lait...but i dun like it...so its a personal prefernce k? :p

nursing poncho is soft cotten material..its stretchy..so u can pop in ur head... bebe au lait is more like... fixed material rite?
i cant rem what material its made of but i know its not stretchy one rite?? just a BIG hole for u to look inside...

hot meh? its sooo soft and comfy...like a cardigan material...
how u think i can wear it from 3-9pm with a nursing tank inside????
its soo thin loh... like a shawl..but yet can be kept warm coz of its surface area...
aiyo..its so soft to the touch..my baby can nurse and fall asleep inside okay....
mine is black..so she even finds it a good shield in bright sunlight..
i took her out once and we were going out when she wanted to feed.. so i latch her on, put on the poncho and left the house...
got into a cab, and when i remove it, her eyes were closed so tight coz of the sudden sunlight coming in....
then i put it back..she was sleeping comfortably liaoz...

the material so strectchy why cannot pop in head?? can hold it at my forehead somemore...while my face pop in only..
happy.gif

my baby feels more and more heavy to carry..so must be puttin on weight loh....last time can sweep off..now must balance myself then bend down and slowly bring up..
Phew!

<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
post pics with the command /image{anyhow type anyting inside. doesnt matter}
but change the / to \

<font color="ff0000">Sarah></font>
why do u need to freeze such a big bag???
once u thaw, u cant freeze it back again leh...
i only put 100ml into each bag, coz thats how much i need per feed...
anything more to me is wastage after bb dun finish...

weigh urself first..then carry baby and weigh...then minus the difference...agar agar ard that weight..

<font color="ff0000">sonnig></font>
not true!!
Confinement's over for me..but i still got 4kg!!!

is ur big assets blocking ur bb's nose??then prob she breathes loud....coz no space to breathe!
sometimes when i hear my bb breathing loud, i check to see my flesh is not touching her nose..

<font color="ff0000">Wish></font>
u can get Lansinoh Milk Bags..
Jenifur is doing some spree on it now... u can let her know..
50bags at about $19+- depending on shipping costs..

<font color="ff0000">Jenifur></font>
which model of Medela dual pump u use??
I use Medela Freestyle and i pump inside the room with bb sleeping and CL sleeping.. ok leh...

how many boxes of order u need min??

<font color="ff0000">itsy></font>
my drink has red dates, black dates, south dates, longan, ginger slices (to rid wind), dang shen &amp; wolfberry as well...
sometimes will cut green payaya into it also...
i drink 3L daily... plus big bowl of soup for lunch and dinner and glass of EnfaMama in the morning..

i dun take plain water.. (supposedly causes wind during confinement)

I have fish for lunch and dinner as well.. cod fish, salmon, ngoh hee, etc...

and maybe i'm the most guai one here..
I'm doing a 40day confinement..though the last 10days will be more relaxed...
still bathing with the herb water...

mum will cook for me...similar to what CL cooked... and CL already prepared 4 bottles of ginger fried with sesame oil for me.. i just need to add that to my food....

but i'll bathe but wash hair alternate days...

wah rachel! u really are very good. i take my hat off to you - 40 days!
happy.gif
i (secretly) drank water throughout my <strike>imprisonment</strike> confinement. i really tried to stay away, but the longan drink wasn't thirst quenching at all. cannot tahan!
sad.gif

Saw some posts regarding weight issues.

Man's point of view:
You've already given us a bundle of nerves... oops... I meant joy. Honestly, we've got no time to observe the weight loss/gain. We appreciate all that's being done and we know it's tiring. Don't worry about the weight cause we sure aren't.

jenifur: sent u my update :p

rach: no idea if applicable to our climate not leh... what do our experienced mummies suggest? can keep remaining for next feed?

i got check every now and then lo.. use finger, adjust her position etc to make sure my boobs dun block her nose.. still the same leh T_T breathe like got block nose... haiz

I think i am the most naughty here... drink water/ribena/logan drink (seldom)... bathe with warming bath, blow fan/aircon, never cover fully, now wearing sleeveless sarong dress.. think i sure kena @ old age... haiz.

oh and my bb keep getting hiccups leh.. is it normal? i either latch her or MIL/empress/hub will try feed her water...

-> Jenifur

I went to TMC parentcraft recently and found them to be quite good and helpful (there's this lady called Lillian who is really nice). It is better if u can make an appt cos walk-ins get charged extra $10, and they may be very full and u have to wait for an available slot.

i walked-in the other time and they were quite nice to accomodate me even though it's their lunch time cos my baby had to be fed then (use the chance mah).

I paid $50+ for 30min consultation (but i spent at least 1+hr with them). Latched my baby there and pumped out using their pump after latching (they use medela and it's GOOD!). They also helped me massage my breasts.

I have not tried the nursing tea, but the TMC lactiation consultant recommended me to buy fenugreek (u can buy from them)

my edd is 11 oct, but there is no sign of labor,my doc said will induce in 12 oct if bb still dun come out.

heard that induction is painful, why is that?

how long more can a bb wait after edd?

<font color="ff0000">j@@N></font>
haha..dunno leh..coz when i bathed and wash hair hor.. i really feel headache leh...but i cant dun wash la..so dirty!
so i still wash.. once in 2 days. i only dry clean day &amp; nite..and bathe once in 2 days. but starting now, i'll pour the herb water and bathe loh..
just dun wash hair..use the towel wet with herb water..and rub on hair...(dry clean)
i'm already a very windy person.. i already use to fart alot even pre-preg to preg to post-preg days..
so i dun wanna take any risk that'll cause me more wind..
coz my gal drinking my milk... she's already very colicky.... tummy always bloated..we already burp her as much as we can..
i dun wanna more trouble in taking care of her....
so for her sake.. guai loh....
ermm...longan water okay for me leh...
i'm not a very water person.. i used to be a camel before preg...
i can go out with 500ml water bottle..come back with 480ml....
hahaha... i drink tea, cold drinks etc.but i dun like water de.... heh...
So longan water to me is okay..at least got taste loh...
i just pop a glass whenever thirsty..and i think good enough. hehe..

<font color="ff0000">Gerald></font>
haha..thanks for being so reassuringly..i hope ALL men think like u. hehee....
though my HB always say its okay.. i still love you...... :p

aiyo..dun take ribena la..later cause phlegm in ur bb...
my girl always hicuup too..its said they are growing when they hicuup..so its okay....

was told 1st month esp dun give water coz cause wind in bb.. so i dunno la...
i give only when giving her colic medicine...just 1ml... haha...

<font color="ff0000">Xiaowei></font>
can ANYONE jsut walk into TMC parentcraft??
even if they didnt deliver there????

<font color="ff0000">jan jan></font>
its more painful.....coz contractions are not natural. they are forced to happen with the drip..
and the more dosage of drip being injected into us, the more painful it becomes..
compared to natural labor where the contractions take place at its own pace, induction means they are forced to happen..
and we dun have time to get accustomed to the pain before the next level of pain happens..
for natural, i believe we have time to adjust and get used to it...and it takes place slower...
contractions can be based on dosage of the drip (oxytocin) given to us, the faster they increase it, the more pain we have and at a faster rate..
so before we get used, the pain goes up another level...

somthing like that la.. in my opinion... hehe...

some give birth at 41 weeks.. but the more overdue a bb is, the higher the risk..
so some gynae dun wanna take the risk.....

I delivered at 40weeks + 3 days..

Pray and talk to ur bb to come out ba..
happy.gif

jenifur!! Glad to see you here again! Jed is a good weight!! Nate is currently 3.55kg. Just went KK for review last week and doctor quite happy with his weight gain. He doesn't desat anymore...not that I know cos' he has been feeding well. Regarding your question about fenugreek or nursing tea. I was told by the lactation consultant from KK that I will need to take 3 pills per usage meaning 9 pills a day before I can see the increasee in supply. Before I left KK, the gynea prescribe domperdine for me and now I have oversupply.... domperdine is good but must also pump every three hours else no use. Looking forward to the loot next week!!

RE: Fridge-to-go

Think some mummies have this right? Can let me know where to get it? I am getting ready to go back to work on the 26th this month :-(

RE: Putting baby to bed

Just to share my way of getting a very wide awake baby to sleep at night - let her latch on lying down position, she falls asleep soundly after suckles for a few minutes :) And she only wakes up 4-5 hours later. During the day, we carry and rock her till she sleeps, yes, not a preferred method to a lot of mummies, but we love this way. You should try various methods and see which one can make your baby falls asleep fast and sleeps well.

And mummies, hang on there! My baby is 6+ week already, and I can assure you it will only get better and better every day! Just Jia you!!! And most importantly, have a positive mindset - enjoy the moment with your baby, whatever it is!

<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
rofl.gif
But it's true what! You didn't whine nonstop mah!
I had to correct you and let you know you didn't whine that much.

<font color="ff0099">Re: Low Supply</font>
Ooooi You all don't scare yourselves leh! Baby pee/poo well means he's doing fine lah. I suspect its cos the pump or the way you pumping, isn't efficient lor.
Cos I just got my Ameda Lactaline, and it isn't able to stimulate my letdown AT ALL. I actually fare much better on my Pigeon manual because i'm familiar with making it work the best for me.
Heng I doing tandem nurse/pump, otherwise I will only get a pathetic 10-20ml each time lor!
You girls try hor, latch bb one side and then pump the otherside. I <u>guarantee</u> you will get more BM!

<font color="ff0099">jenifur</font>
Thanks for reminding me that my BM supply will drop like sh*t when my period come later this mth! OMG OMG OMG. HOW HOW HOW.
Recommendations for nursing supplements please!!!
I prefer to pop pills. Tea so mafan, must boil water and make... Unless I can prepare 1 big jug in advance and store in fridge?

<font color="ff0099">Connie</font>
I suspect it's cos you don't manage to get a letdown during pumping.
If your boob still feels full after the 20ml come out, then you have to learn how to achieve letdown so you can pump efficiently.
This one I have no suggestions, cos my own letdown is sibei jialat also. I have to do the perverted method of rubbing my left nipple when pumping right side, and vice versa.
lame.gif

<font color="ff0099">mama to 6Js</font>
Can I come weigh my baby also?? Pleaseeeee?
Now 2 of them snatching my BM, but I haven't work up my supply yet.
I wonder which one will starve first.
lol.gif

<font color="ff0099">j@@n</font>
You're welcome! But how come most of them rcv on Tues and u only rcv ytd??
Did you order more with Rach's supplier or not? Damn worth it leh!
I prefer the printed navy+white stripes leh. More stain resistant than plain colors.
But my fave is still the animal print one! (What's new.)

I friggin hate longan red date tea! It makes me more thirsty than if I was to just drink nothing!

<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
Hahahaha. That's why i always tell my guests I don't want their gifts, unless they getting something I specifically want.
Waste their $, waste my space, waste the item.

<font color="ff0099">Gerald</font>
You can't speak on behalf of all men! Some men start to tsktsk at their wives' figures after baby lor!
Also, it's much easier to lose weight when the fat is still "fresh" rather than when it has solidified and turned into stubborn fats.
Women are all vain lah.

<font color="ff0099">Kam</font>
Your maternity leave ends so early?!?

wish...
i use playtex liners to store my EBM. it's stronger than avent liners and cheaper than lansinoh ones. they're not as thick as lansinoh ones, but i froze my milk in them for 1.5yrs with my #1 with no accidents at all (eg bursting or torn bags). it's got no ziploc like the lansinoh ones, so i just fold the top down and tape it down to seal. coz i pumped for 1.5 yrs, it really saved me so much $$!

rach...
aiyah, i was hoping to get a reversible, but they're out of stock until next year! dunno if i want to get a single colour...
sad.gif
i borrowed my colleague's pupsik to try... OMG... i really need the practice man. by the time i squeezed the bb in, i was sweating like a pig and panting like a dog. BUT! she fell asleep in 2 minutes and i was stuck carrying her for 1 hour because i didn't dare to wake her up if i took her out!

yes! parentcraft will help everyone regardless of where u gave birth. those who gave birth at TMC just have a cheaper rate!

i think if my MIL can switch DIL and have u instead, she will quickly kick me out! u are the ideal DIL! hee hee hee!

gina...
my bb has blocked nose too! and the other day, a HUGE piece of pi sai fell out of her nose! it was so scary! does ur baby spend lots of time in air-con room? i've noticed that mine gets a stuffy nose after a night in the air-con room. now, we turn the temp up to 25 deg and it's better. actually, should sleep in non-air con lah... but my hb and i cannot tahan! have u considered getting the pigeon nose cleaner??? that might help if it's mucus that's stuck in ur bb's nose. i'm going to buy one this weekend.

shelled,
Ya, only 2 months leh for me. Cos we are PR, so are our kids.

So from next week onwards, will probably introduce another feed with bottle. Now is 2 bottles + 6 latch on. Next week will probably be 3 bottles + 5 latch on. When I back to work, probably will be 5 bottles + 3 latch on. My baby is fine with both bottles and nipples, lucky me :)

RE: Let-down
After TBF for 6+ weeks (latch + pump), I still couldn't feel what's a let-down :p

Shelled,
Actually I agreed. Previous when I use the Avent manual pump, actually I can get more. But it's just too tiring for my hand (but good point is can pump even if you want to walk around to house and do small chores). Ameda is still ok for me, the output is ok, luckily.

shelled...
dunno leh... it only came yest. i think i scared the postman by running up to him when he arrived yesterday. but yay! my top is here! yah, i ordered again! 2 more tops this time. wah... i tell u, this maternity leave is really bad for me man. dunno how much nonsense i've bought online already! i'm like shopping ONLINE all the time!!!!!

gerald...
that's sweet of u to say!

mamato6js...
hahaah! if shelled goes over to weigh, can i go also? hee hee hee! so shiok hor? if got that weighing scale at home? i know i'll surely weigh everyday! weighing myself though... that's another thing altogether!

Rach,
After thaw can finish by 2 days ma. was thinking if 1 bag put 60ml only, abit wasted. most of the time i ebm so all my containers use until not enough le.

<font color="aa00aa">Connie</font> - I dun have the number with me now, I check later and let u know... I remember one mummy posted the number in our threads before..

Maybe the consultants are busy that's why never answer.

<font color="aa00aa">Mamato6Js</font> - Hahah Thanks!!!

<font color="aa00aa">rach</font> - Aiyo, no need apologise, its just own preference mah..

Bebe Au Lait is non stretchable but its design have this hard neckline which will not collapse. So you can constantly check on baby.

Think got pros and cons lah.. Nursing Poncho is more of clothes material and is bigger.

The reason why I never get poncho is cause I need to use my hand to pull the poncho to check on baby... cause my boobs are big (but no milk one
sad.gif
) so I need both hands to support baby and boobs when latch on... also need to keep adjusting baby so that boobs dun cover flat on his face when nursing.

<font color="aa00aa">Xiaowei</font> - Yeh... Lilian was the consultant whom helped me too
happy.gif

She's very nice and sweet

<font color="aa00aa">shelled</font> - I gave up pumping cause its too depressing.. hahahh I just keep latching baby and my nipples are sore already.. (Although baby latch on properly) cause he latch on like almost every minute...
sad.gif

I tried latching on my gal in public - just undo my bra, lift up my shirt and put baby on my breast. One time at TMC clinic, one time at the park. One time at my friend's house. One time in the car. Cos I don't have any nursing gadget. I don't even have a single piece of nursing bra, cos I am bra-less since I gave birth :)

It's good that your bb is fine with interchanging between breast and bottle! Then at least you can continue to latch on after u come home from work.

Actually I get about the same amt with the Ameda and Pigeon manual. But the thing is, I can pump faster with the manual cos I have full control on how fast/slow mah. The Ameda's fastest setting also not as fast as my hand.
lol.gif

You stalking your postman huh??
rofl.gif

What else have you been buying?! Tell tell tell!
Now i'm just waiting for my skirts from your spree...

shelled,
Oh, you turn the pump to the fastest ah? I never tried leh. Maybe should try tonight. I figured that milk can easily be expressed from my left breast (the better side) regardless of the speed and suction. But my right breast (the less productive side) seems to need slower speed. And the flow is also much slower from the right breast, and it never stop dripping.

-> Steph
I really like Lillian! I went back to parentcraft after my first consultation (after lunch) n Lillian taught my hubby how to cup feed baby even though she needed to rush to the wards. Then as it was my bb's feeding time then, I went to nursing rm to continue to latch her on. Lillian even came by to check on how we are doing. Really thumbs up for her service &amp; passion.

-> Jen
if u hv the sbi card, think u can get further disc for parentcraft services

-> shelled
for me, sometimes I can't achieve let down when I use ameda lactaline. What I'd do is to massage my breasts then try again. So far managed to get let-down thereafter. Maybe u can try oso.

Did u manage to find a solution for your milk stuck in the flanges?

<font color="aa00aa">Xiaowei</font> - Yeh.. I have to agree... I'm thinking after maybe another 1 - 2 weeks time, I want to go back to them and see how baby is doing on breast feeding.. and see what the consultants say... cause I'm still worried about my supply.

shelled...
LOL! stalking my postman! our 1st parcel is in SG! i just checked vpost. it arrived yesterday. hopefully i'll get it tomorrow??? 2nd box still dunno where. hopefully it's on the plane already. alamak. what i've bought ah? well, there's all that old navy/gap nonsense, then i organised another gymboree spree (small spree), bought a handphone cover, nursing tanks, nursing bra, some feather hairband (dunno for what, not like i'm going on a hot date anytime soon), a dress and now thinking if i should get a pupsik or a beco carrier! jia lat. STOP ME SOMEONE!

itsy,
if your mother doesn't mind getting the extra herbs, can try what rach says. I also had that when my mother pops by to prepare for me, but my maid is quite forgetful so I told her to put just the necessary herbs in. Lots of dried longan and wolfberry will make the drink sweet. Think it helps but you have to relax and not get so stressed.

rach,
wah. take my hat off to you! I'm also trying very hard to last 40 days of confinement. Not bathing with herb water but wiping with lots of rice wine. Will be using the XO at home for my hair once I use up the dry shampoo. A colleague recommended that, says can disinfect.
happy.gif
Having postnatal massage helps to get rid of wind and fats around the tummy.
As for the weight loss, I'm not saying you'll lose all in a month. I took 3 months after confinement to shed off all the extra weight for each baby. My hubby used to drag me along for jogs after my 1st confinement to keep him company so I lost quite fast then. 2nd and 3rd time, I lost within 3mths cos got to run after kids around the house and help to tidy things up at home.

Gerald,
it's not really the appearance for some but more of health. I wouldn't want to be overweight and have to fight illnesses like diabetes or hypertension in old age. Better to stay trim and fit so that I can take care of my kids well.

<font color="ff0099">Steph</font>
I don't like pumping also. Seeing the amt veyr stressful when it's very little.
But no choice leh. My #1 dunno how to latch anymore, so i have to pump my BM for him.
Now he don't even wanna drink FM anymore, so all the more I have to jiayou. Otherwise I wouldn't even have bought the Ameda.

I follow the instructions leh. Turn "CYCLE" to fastest until letdown then turn down lor. When milk slowdown, i turn up to fastest cycle again.
Repeat repeat repeat until nehneh totally flat like playdoh.

<font color="ff0099">Xiaowei</font>
My massage skills is sux de. My letdown has been "broken" since I had #1. Even when my kids screaming crying, i also won't letdown.
Very stubborn nehnehs i have.

Wah! Sui!! How come 2 package never arrv together one?!
Vpost also weird weird like that one lor.
I saw your items for the ON/GAP, really damn scary lah!
I thought I was shopping queen, until I saw your order.
lol.gif

Feather hairband?!
Yah, i think you need some psychological assistance liao.
STOPPPPPP!!!!

Ooi, our Fidgets date how?

kam,
i've been training my boy these past two days to latch on while both of us are in the lying down position. he's still learning, and can't do it well yet. cos a lot of milk dribbles out during the feed, he gets frustrated etc. but i'm determined to get it right, cos lying down to feed is the most senang way to feed; i get to nap too!

mamato6Js,
my breasts have been feeling soft and floppy these past two days also. i sometimes get soft and floppy breasts before my period arrives (when i breastfeed #1). i sure hope it's not my period returning!!!

nursing supplements,
mummies who are breastfeeding please remember to keep your intake of calcium high enough throughout the day (either through calcium tablet or milk). cos breastfeeding depletes a lot of calcium from the mummies' bodies, according to the gyn i saw on monday. i think a lot of asian women get osteoporosis/aches when they are older because diary products don't feature much in their prenatal and postnatal diet ...

gerald,
thanks for the reassuring words. but my husband did advise me nicely to cut down on suppers when i told him that i've got another 10kg to lose, hee!

joon,
a few mummies posted here that you can use a cotton bud to help clear the blocked nose. that's what i do too. dug out two blockages this morning even though mine doesn't sleep in an air con room.

rachel,
you're the advocate for proper confinement practices, whereas i'm the advocate for the opposite! heee ...

Rach,
U need to blow ur hair dry if u wash ur hair else will have headache. I kanna once wif my no. 1. I really cannot stand it and I use a wet cloth to clean my hair. End up headach.

Shelled,
I latch my bb on one side n pump the others. But bb seem not enough supply n keep making noise. So I stop it n let her latch. Otherwise, I will need to bottle feed her after latch on one side.
Another problem is she always stop half way to poo. Then have to wait for her to finish poo then cont. to latch.

Sarah,
You can mix the bm in a bag. Make sure all are of same temp before mix. I usually mix the supply n store 160ml into a bag n put in deep freezer. you can defreeze the fozen milk and separate them into the bottles n put back into fridge when u need them in future.
If ur bb refuse to drink, u can mix the stored one wif fresh supply but must ensure both are of same temp.

my boy is finally asleep after torturing me for de whole day =p

wish> i using lasinoh. rather i bought lasinoh, haven started using, but i got it from some spree back than at slightly less den 18bucks.

haven use yet, cos i haven pumped, so not sure if it's really good =p

itsy> i heard any amt of liquid helps. try to drink more liquid, shuld be able to up ur bm supply?

stephanie> as long as ur bb poo n pee enugh, means he is gettin enugh milk. dun worry too much

j@@n> erms. de navy+white striped one not nice? gees. i bought both de turquoise n navy+white striped one from rach's spree, cos i figured out tat they are so cheap. good to even wear to sleep =p but i simply love the black lace one from shelled's spree earlier =p

rach> erms. so confused. dunno which to get. think i wait for mim sling first =p if really cannot get bp, den i juz buy online =x

we oredi cut his hair for yishi on sat. but hubby intend to shave cos he have little hair. n if we shave, hair will grow out thicker n nicer. plus his hair is starting to drop in patches. so decided to juz shave off all.

oo. alot of pple buy bb clothes n give ap. dunno y oso. anyway pple wan give wat juz take lo. cos even if give ap, is bb's money, not mine. kek. some of hubby's relative oso gave me ap, but i decided to juz give all to bb.

gerald> not all guys like u dun bother abt weigh gain leh =p btw, we wanna lose weight to look n feel good. definitely not becos of hubby =x haha

shelled> how do u latch one side n pump de other?? my bb struggles so much. where to find other hand to support the pump? =p but ya. definitely more milk if i pump n latch tgt. cos when i latch bb, de other side will leak badly. i haven pumped in a long while

for de ameda pump, u cannot juz use straight turn to highest speed leh. need to gradually increase at each pump. cos de motor will spoil.

kam> a let down is when de milk juz flow by itself without u doing anything?

sandwich
my right boob now back to normal its my left boob soft n floppy!! n when i pumped, true enuf lor its only half of what i used to get!! so now i been starting my latch on the left side hoping desperately to kickstart supply again. hormonal or what that caused it i dunno leh! suddenly like tat one i so stress lah! never been like this when i bfed the other kids!

Hello mummies. Was from the October thread but switched to Sept coz I gave birth to my bb boy in Sept! Hee Hee.. As a first time mother, I feel so comforted reading all your posts and realise I'm not the only one facing all the 101 problems during confinement. I had my fair share of tearing when bf-ing bb. Sigh~
Just a question, when you guys increase bb milk intake if I'm supplementing with FM? He's about 15 days old and drinking 60ml (that's as much as my both breasts could pump out!).

Pupsik Pouch > u gals getting mostly M size? Not sure if I need S or M.. i should be abt 47kg nw.. so shld get M? scare too big n will be loose.. but big better than small rite?

hw to pump n latch together! unless i got extra pairs of hands.. kept drowning myself w longan water so tt i may hve more milk suppy

Got a question to ask. Can we eat cabbage if breastfeeding? Cos I know if apply cabbage to breast will reduce supply then does that mean that we can't eat cabbage?

After the CL left so lazy to post....

*katherine*
u lose all the wt oredi??

PUPSIK POUCH vs MIM SLING
pupsik works like the sling?? think pupsik looks beta coz clean cutting...i've gt the sling and i looked a MESS wif it. like a small kid wearing an adult tee...

Anyway im back to my pre-preg wt, wearing back all my pre-preg clothes....bt still wanna lose another kg or 2 to be at 42...

<font color="ff0099">Connie</font>
I think girls are just cleaner than boys. My boys just poo while drinking! So gross to eat and shit at the same time lor.
I think then maybe you will need to pump in between feeds to up supply liao. Does she usually take both boobs during feeds?

<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
My secret weapon is called "Cheeky Bon Bon nursing pillow".
biggrin.gif

Manual pump I also like that latch + pump together.
But... the instruction says to turn up to the highest cycle in the beginning to stimulate letdown! Motor really will spoil arh??

Excerpt from Ameda website:

<font color="aa00aa">If using an electric pump, check to see if your pump has both SUCTION (also called VACUUM) and CYCLE controls. If so, use your senses as you adjust the controls to get more milk faster. Use your milk flow as your guide while you pump.
• Set SUCTION/VACUUM to the highest setting that feels good.
Set CYCLE on the fastest setting.
• When your milk starts flowing, turn CYCLE down near the slowest setting.
• When the milk flow slows to a trickle, return to fast CYCLE and use your senses.
• Repeat, using fast CYCLE to trigger milk releases and slow cycles to drain.
</font>

This is the same instructions as in the manual leh. I just following instructions nia...
sad.gif

<font color="ff0099">Katherine</font>
Can lah! Just must use nursing pillow to support bb lor.
If no pillow, I also cannot pump + latch at the same time. BB sure drop until duno where.

Back